A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,647
Currently Running With Scissors:
776 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Apocalyptic Fashion Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 18185 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SilverMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2011 10:10:10 PM »

Since my partner received over two weeks ago, and I haven't heard from her in a week, I'm going to go ahead and post pictures.

I made a heap of things, but I've tried to keep this pic heavy, as opposed to pic saturated Smiley

Firstly, was a field bag, inspired by the three figure field bag on my partner's pinboard, and also by a neat pair of khaki green shorts I saw at the op shop before we got partners. I knew I'd use it for something Wink

It's the aforementioned shorts, sewn closed in the legs, with an op shop woven belt for a strap, and another webbing one for the buckled straps (my op shop had a $5 bag day, and I carried home about 2 kilos of stuff in that one shopping bag! lol) Here you can also see the tiny wolf charm I attached.

It has two carabiners attached, one at the base of the shoulder strap and one inside for keys. This mesh pocket is detachable.

These corset laced fingerless gloves were inspired by knit ones on her pinboard.

Hex nut bracelet, crochet cuff with leather top layer (sadly not shown well, but it's the only pic I have of the cuffs, taken at the post office), and a Zombie Apocalypse Paracord Bracelet, with can go from cuff to useable rope (almost 12 feet) in under five seconds.

Finally, the biggest thing, that took me 6 weeks (of tv and travelling time) to make, was this scarf with sleeves:

It's not the best pic, but the only one that gives you an idea of what it really is. More pictures are on it's Ravelry page

My partner did let me know she'd received everything ok, and that she loved everything, but I wanted to share with all of you too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ashgraykitsune
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2011 05:26:34 AM »

*gasps for air* Finally.....got.... .the photos...*throws self out of River of Work* I gave up and bought a jumpdrive; every other bloody thing I tried failed. Without further adieu (and lots of pics), I give you...my gleanings!

The package, in all it's glory! But there's a mysterious rattling inside that intrigued me all the way home...

Revealed to be CANDY. Dearest gods, I needed those Reese's Pieces...the only problem was that the baggie had broken, so they were all over!

THESE made me scream with absolute joy, startling my dad and slightly pissing him off...till he got to playing with the bracelet and was distracted XD.

It took me a bit to realize it, but that lovely little pouch up above held two adorable bottles of 'vitamins' and 'antibiotics'. It was then that I realized what the 'candy' was for.  Grin

*laughs evilly* Now I have paper for my plans to take over the weakened world-I MEAN a diary. *shifty eyes* Yes, it's a diary, not my diabolical scheming book.

And everything all together! The pencils are ones that don't need to be sharpened, and somehow slipped by everything else.

Krafty_Karasu, you are awesomesauce. And I'm so glad you're my partner! When I finally get off of work early tonight (early being around 6pm) and get my errands done, I'll see if I can get dressed up and still have enough daylight to run a quick photoshoot for action shots.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2011 10:07:13 AM »

I can't believe the baggie broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cry  but at least you got the ones in the bottles (thoroughly washed, mind you).
the bracelet is what I'd been wanting to make for myself, but made for you first.  Wink

I'm so glad you like everything.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
ashgraykitsune
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2011 10:23:58 AM »

It was fine, they helped heal my hungry stomach XD.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deceptive.fragileness
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2011 05:37:55 PM »

After racing a storm, I finally picked up my package from my mom's. Smiley Dichotomy, I love the story you sent with it.

I love it all Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all
Moriwen
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2011 06:09:38 PM »

:drools: Is it bad I kinda just want to curl up in the corner of this thread and pet all the pretty spats and gloves and shinies?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Superhero Swap -Feedback time. ^.^

I do personal swaps!

Unseelie Sidhe with a penchant for rainbows and sparkles.

I <3<3 The Doctor
Biochic
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2011 07:06:54 PM »

So it'll be a bit before I post my full-costume pics, SpookyPooky is my photographer extroardinaire and she's off on an amazing soul-seeking trip in Disneyland for their Halloween Tim Burton exhibits. I'm super jealous lol. Anyhoo once she comes back we'll get together and take some pics of GoldfishGirl's amazing works! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ashgraykitsune
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2011 07:42:43 PM »

*drools, starts designing patchwork spats* Gods, more projects...BUT. It'll be a bit for full-gear shots...In twenty minutes, I'm hitting I-135 in 65 mph winds to see a baby be born!  Cheesy GoldfishGirl knows what I'm talking about! The ONLY worry I have is that the car I'm driving is going on it's maiden voyage with me...KANSAS WILL PREVAIL. And I feel high on excitement...Probab ly bad thing >D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Acherontia Aether

Morbid butterfly

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2011 01:26:17 AM »

Those patchwork spats are inspired! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy.com/nz/shop/TriskeleCrafts

facebook.com/TriskeleNZ
Alexus1325
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2011 09:22:01 AM »

:drools: Is it bad I kinda just want to curl up in the corner of this thread and pet all the pretty spats and gloves and shinies?

That's exactly how I feel!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Brownie Recipe
Caramel Sauce Recipe
Chewy Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookies
New York Cheesecake Recipe
Chocolate Souffle and Molten Lava Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...