A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,529
Currently Running With Scissors:
319 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Apocalyptic Fashion Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 18878 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Illiamdra

Craft time was never this much fun in school!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2011 11:54:52 PM »

Oh my gosh! everything is looking so great! i can't wait to see more action shots!
love the bottle cap bracelet!
and that belt lol i have a friend who made a purse out of that same flame duct tape!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2011 08:41:09 AM »

I'm catching up on my responses here.

The goggles that Illiandra received are great. Just what I picture when I think of steampunky goggles. I am totally going to consider using those little can lids for lenses if I ever make my own - I recognized them when you pointed it out, because I use smaller, similar versions from Lee Valley (the coolest tool & nifty item shop ever, if you don't know it) for lip gloss.

And the corset that Illiandra made is very lovely! It goes nicely with the belt too. Looking forward to action shots to see the full thing. Smiley (And I'm going to a corset making class all weekend, so I'm especially corset-excited right now!)

The Bullet casing/feather earrings are super cool and unique, and I really like the squished bottle cap bracelet!

Great work everyone. I'm looking forward to action shots wherever I can get them, so I can properly see the rest of the stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2011 10:31:23 AM »

Lee Valley is the BOMB!  There really isn't anything like it in the states that I have found.  I do like Fright and Harbor in the US though.  They have stuff that is amazingly cheap, but well made.  The screwdriver disc and the little crank flashlight in the tin of my hip kit are from Lee Valley Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Alexus1325
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2011 04:53:39 PM »

OMGOMGOMG!!! EVERYTHING IS SO AWESOME!!!!!! ALCHAMY IS THE BEST!!!!!!

/dies

For some reason, the delivery came at 8am, so I went back to bed Tongue Looks like the box had a fun trip!

The first thing I saw when I opened it is the most AWESOME HAT EVAR! Just look at all the pompoms! I wore it to my boyfriend's birthday dinner with his parents and grandma. Everyone loves it, and grandma says it reminds her of an Indian headdress, whilst BF says it's for a hippie at a powwow. You can see why 3 of Alchamy's friends want one, too!

As if that weren't cool enough, Alchamy found an absolutely AMAZING old perfume bottle to deco and turn into a pendant! It looks like it may be cow horn, and it's absolutely ingenious how she put it on a cord! I'd like to ink-wash the cameo to make it a bit "dirty" looking.

And straight from my Pinterest is the coolest bottle cap necklace imaginable! She wrapped each bottle cap around a chain, instead of treating them as beads! Wish I'd thought of that Cheesy There are bottle caps on there that I've never seen before, like Woodchuck cider ale, which is probably delicious Tongue

She even found a military jacket in my size! She shredded up this Old Navy jacket and sent me crazy gold sequin fabric to put underneath, just like the Balmain jacket I've been drooling over for two years Tongue I'm so looking forward to throwing it in the wash to see how the shredding unravels! Too bad you can't see the shredded parts too well, but I took the photo with a timer, and that's the only spot in the house where it's easy to take self-portraits Tongue

And because this post is OVERLOADED with photos, here's thumbnails of the rest Tongue Alchamy has been making these adorable feather hairclips lately, and she sent me not one, but TWO in different colours! AND! I now have my very own little stash of porcupine quills! The last time I had quills, my mom pulled them off a roadkill Tongue

In closing, Alchamy512 is such a sweet, thoughtful woman who does great justice to the entire swap process!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alchamy513

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2011 05:02:38 PM »

Yay, I'm so glad you like it! And the jacket looks like it fits perfectly... I never got to measure it exactly to make sure...

Yes, the Woodchuck cider is amazing... its my second favorite kind of cider.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2011 06:00:24 PM »

Nice work Alchamy!  Love the bottle cap necklace.  What a great idea.  And the hat...freeking cool.  And so much fun to examine.  I satred at it for 5 min at least Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
dichotomy
Fastest needles in the west.

~Team Wordy~

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2011 09:48:22 AM »

Oh man that is a really cool hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dichotomy
Fastest needles in the west.

~Team Wordy~

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2011 10:17:47 AM »

Pictures time! DeceptiveFragileness really found and made a lot of cool stuff!

So the box contained a kick-ass utility belt and a cute little burlap emergency bag - looks like a good size for a bike repair kit, perhaps...

All the pouches had cool stuff in them!

A scarf with awesome old cars on it, Cthulhu tentacle jewelry (!), and my favorite, a beautiful hood! The outside is soft black suede, and the inside is gorgeous brocade (I LOVE brocade). The photo of the hood doesn't do it justice - hopefully I'll be a better model than the skull when I do my action shots.

The backs of the pouches are brocade too. The big pouch has a ton of little sub-pockets inside.

Hooray! Thanks for the loot, deceptive.fragileness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deceptive.fragileness
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2011 05:31:27 PM »

I love the goggles!! I tried to make a pair of stunner goggles for dichotomy, but they didn't work out well.

I'm glad you like everything in your package, dichotomy. I wasn't sure if the hat would fit- I almost didn't send it. I will post pictures of what you sent me tomorrow Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all
GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2011 05:38:50 PM »

I slapped on a bridal petticoat, more makeup than would be on my face in a month, and stomped out into the wastelands with my mother. I was trying to maintain my fierce throughout the shoot, so excuse the sass-face.
Biochic made so many wonderful things! She was a fantastic partner! Here's the pictures.

Scum. by crafty_goldfish, on Flickr
I had a failed attempt at a faux hawk. However, the synth dreads blend in fantastically with my natural hair color! I love them!

Back of the Goggles by crafty_goldfish, on Flickr
The goggles are fancy-dancy. There's studs and (I think) real leather all over them. Biochic used washers in a great way, they are even on the closure in the back.

Goggles by crafty_goldfish, on Flickr
So very very cool. Note the mouse skull and crossbones on the necklace (so clever!!!).

Cameo by crafty_goldfish, on Flickr
A shot of the cameo (which my co-workers love!), the earrings and a bit of the necklace. You can see a peek of the dreads too! I love em!

Outfit by crafty_goldfish, on Flickr
Thank you so much Biochic! I am thoroughly enamored with everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pull Off the Perfect New Year’s Eve Makeup Look
How to Wear Makeup on New Year’s Eve
Urban Decay Naked Palette Eye Makeup Tutorial
Night Time Winter Makeup Tutorial
10 Quick Tips to Keep Your Make-Up Germ Free
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...