A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,860
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Givers and needers R10 The Great Gallery!  (Read 20334 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookstorebabe
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2011 08:22:09 AM »

Thanks! The chime was just for fun. The wire looped and wrapped all around the stick came from a spiral bound notebook.
And, they were in the acorns all along. They'd just started chewing their way out along the way. Must not have been any snacks on that flight! It was just one of those things that would never occur to me if I was picking up pretty acorns and such to craft with! Boiling then briefly should work as well as a short stint baking them to eliminate any surprises later. Here's the link to the acorn wreath-it does look nifty, doesn't it?
http://scribbit.blogspot.com/2008/11/what-can-you-do-with-acorns.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code craftster,10%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
lizardsally
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2011 08:28:33 AM »

I would think sticking them in the freezer would work too, that's what's recommended in a book I have on making wreaths with natural stuff. 

I guess baking them might cook the acorns (and the worms) and I don't know how well they'd last in a wreath if cooked!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lizardsally
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2011 08:32:40 AM »

PS I was thinking that they couldn't have been maggots because maggots (fly larvae) only eat dead flesh - I see someone posted in the comments that they must have been acorn weavils.  That makes much more sense!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurplePaisley
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2011 08:50:41 AM »

Saturday , I received the best package of fabric from my partner. I will for sure be putting all of these great fabrics to use. Thank you Sally
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jemimah
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2011 09:34:07 AM »

Wow, fabulous packages guys!!

Yucky worm story! That sort of thing is why you cannot send anything made of natural materials to New Zealand or Australia (even if you cook or freeze it). I can't remember who, but I have heard of a lovely swap piece that included a branch/twig that had to be destroyed at the border. I had a lavender sachet confiscated once too, and it would have been $40 to have it treated and returned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lizardsally
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2011 01:06:24 PM »

Saturday , I received the best package of fabric from my partner. I will for sure be putting all of these great fabrics to use. Thank you Sally

Glad you like it and hope you can put at least some of it to good use!  I didn't really have any Easter or Valentine's Day fabric so I picked some patriotic stuff, hope you can use it. I can't wait to get the thank you!!
Sally
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lacey0828
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2011 06:18:03 PM »

The fabrics above are amazing. My friend would totally want me to make her something out of that lighthouse fabric Smiley

Here's the thank you gift that I sent to dannispring240. Hopefully she liked it.
With stalking her wists I noticed she liked cupcake fabrics and I was inspired by a holder (roll) that's not for crayons and had a few rows of pockets to put craft goodies. So, here's my version. The colors turned out a little wonky on the pictures though.

All rolled up.

Inside:

Outside:

Thanks again dannispring, I really like what you gave me and I hope you liked the thank you I sent!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosyposie
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2011 05:54:41 AM »

Received from lizardsally as a needer and jennden as a giver.  Such an exciting way to come home from a long trip. 
First lizardsally:

She sent me so much fabric all in a medium flat rate...excellent packing skills.  I am so excited to use all of these things.  You can send me fabrics anytime Wink

And in addition to all the lovely fabrics there were cute little post-its on a bunch of them to give each a little background and suggestions for use. 

And Now From Jennden:

An adoreable pumpkin and autumn guy decoration and some large buttons!  I've already put both autumn decorations up although with the snow outside it feels a lot more like winter than fall. 

and the autumn guy's mouth is a tiny pocket!

Thank you both so much, you are great swappers and sorry for the delay receiving!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lizardsally
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2011 08:49:59 AM »

Glad to hear that you like the fabric Rosyposie, and I'm very sorry that you and Purplepaisley had to wait for your packages!  Next time I do a swap I'll have to get started a lot sooner - I always think I have more time than I really do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiffi_333
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2011 10:56:02 AM »

I'm finally able to upload the pictures of the package mandykaye sent be a bit ago Cheesy she sent lots of fabric, some in squares i can use for smaller projects or patchwork items, and a bunch rolled up that still had the paper wrap from the fabric store. most of the stuff rolled is about 3/4 of a yard but there was a few a bit bigger and smaller as well. she sent two sizes of squares, some about 5x5 and some about 3x3...she sent a few of each patterned squares. the bigger ones had 2-3 each and the smaller ones had up to 6 of each. she also sent me some ruffled trims, poof balls, pink piping, small bows and flowers, Popsicle sticks, coloured hemp, a bag of beads/buttons, jump rings/earring hooks, and a mini chalk board.

thanks again mandykaye! ill be sending my thankyou's in the next few days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About Vintage Coro Costume Jewelry
Hattie Carnegie Design Jewelry
How to Find Unique Jewelry
How to Buy an Antique Engagement Ring
How to Make Teardrop Chandelier Earrings
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...