A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First post, sweater hat  (Read 1517 times)
Tags for this thread: sweater_recon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmberMuffinz
« on: October 05, 2011 09:23:14 PM »

Hey all. Been lurking around for a long time now. The past week or two I've been checking out things other people have made. I'll tell you, it's put me in a really crafty mood despite all my college work! Anyway, I've been sewing for a couple years now but I'm not super awesome amazing at it lawl.

I found a tutorial a while back (I'm sorry to say I've lost it!) and made quite a few of these hats. Finding extra large mens sweaters on mondays for a dollar at value village = hat material for days. I fell in love with this orange one, despite the fact that it poops out orange fluffs all the time. I'd suggest using a serger for making slouchy hats from sweaters. But since I'm poor... Well here you go anyway.

I messed up in a few places, I know! O: I should've folded it better but ah well! I did this one pretty quick. Here's one I did a while back. I loved it so much but I gave it to my aunt.

Also, sorry for links but it won't let me post images. sadface.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011 07:04:03 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
arachnes thumb
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011 06:25:54 AM »

Cute hat!  I love the color, and the size/floppiness of the hat - I bet you can tuck all your hair up in it if you want.  That's always a plus for me when considering hats.  Good job Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmberMuffinz
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011 10:10:16 AM »

That's exactly what I did! :] I love shoving my hair in floppy hats and only leaving the sides and my fringe/bangs/whatever out haha. It's my favorite part about floppy hats. n.n Thank you very much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christysaysrawr
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011 10:22:46 AM »

Love this! It's a shame you lost the tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIYitis.
AmberMuffinz
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011 06:07:06 PM »

Okay, so I made it my mission to find the tutorial I used. http://craftgrrl.livejournal.com/11048797.html And I found it! :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christysaysrawr
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011 07:32:55 PM »

Okay, so I made it my mission to find the tutorial I used. http://craftgrrl.livejournal.com/11048797.html And I found it! :]

Thank you so much! I tried searching the web myself but I didn't really find much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIYitis.
gilraen
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011 09:10:57 AM »

like what you did with the seams
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Goofy
How to Draw Patrick Star
How to Draw a Cartoon Wolf
Top Artists of the Twentieth Century: A Primer
How to Draw Mr. Bean
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...