A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First post, sweater hat  (Read 1628 times)
Tags for this thread: sweater_recon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmberMuffinz
« on: October 05, 2011 09:23:14 PM »

Hey all. Been lurking around for a long time now. The past week or two I've been checking out things other people have made. I'll tell you, it's put me in a really crafty mood despite all my college work! Anyway, I've been sewing for a couple years now but I'm not super awesome amazing at it lawl.

I found a tutorial a while back (I'm sorry to say I've lost it!) and made quite a few of these hats. Finding extra large mens sweaters on mondays for a dollar at value village = hat material for days. I fell in love with this orange one, despite the fact that it poops out orange fluffs all the time. I'd suggest using a serger for making slouchy hats from sweaters. But since I'm poor... Well here you go anyway.

I messed up in a few places, I know! O: I should've folded it better but ah well! I did this one pretty quick. Here's one I did a while back. I loved it so much but I gave it to my aunt.

Also, sorry for links but it won't let me post images. sadface.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011 07:04:03 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
arachnes thumb
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011 06:25:54 AM »

Cute hat!  I love the color, and the size/floppiness of the hat - I bet you can tuck all your hair up in it if you want.  That's always a plus for me when considering hats.  Good job Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmberMuffinz
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011 10:10:16 AM »

That's exactly what I did! :] I love shoving my hair in floppy hats and only leaving the sides and my fringe/bangs/whatever out haha. It's my favorite part about floppy hats. n.n Thank you very much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christysaysrawr
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011 10:22:46 AM »

Love this! It's a shame you lost the tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIYitis.
AmberMuffinz
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011 06:07:06 PM »

Okay, so I made it my mission to find the tutorial I used. http://craftgrrl.livejournal.com/11048797.html And I found it! :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christysaysrawr
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011 07:32:55 PM »

Okay, so I made it my mission to find the tutorial I used. http://craftgrrl.livejournal.com/11048797.html And I found it! :]

Thank you so much! I tried searching the web myself but I didn't really find much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIYitis.
gilraen
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011 09:10:57 AM »

like what you did with the seams
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Restoring the Girl with the Pearl Earring
Art Boom Or Bust?
Francis Bacon Painting Sells for Record $142 Million
Tintin Under the Hammer and More Art Stories
Vogue Weddings - Artist Happy Menocal
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...