A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,517
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hello, I'm new. What is this bead called? Where may I find it?  (Read 636 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Verbandverse
« on: December 09, 2012 03:32:20 PM »

A friend turned me on to this site. Big mistake. HUGE.  

Anyway, I've been in search of a bead like the one I'm linking to below (under 10 posts, so I can't upload a picture  Undecided ). Does anyone know what these babies are called or where I may find them in silver (looking for a larger size)?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. I'm off to explore the rest of this site. Goodbye, life!!

http://bronnrocks.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Hourglass&osCsid=c6b258e59002a87b704ed746197adceb&x=0&y=0
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012 03:34:38 PM by Verbandverse - Reason: Wrong link... » THIS ROCKS   Logged
wdicwg

Remember that life is beautiful!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013 06:56:50 PM »

Welcome to craftster!

I have actually never seen a bead like that before, but depending on how you are planning to use it you could probably use a spacer bead with rhinestones in its place.  Maybe something like this http://www.firemountaingems.com/itemdetails/H203155MB .  If it is more of the hour glass shape this might work http://www.firemountaingems.com/itemdetails/H207550MB , but the hole goes the other direction and it doesn't have rhinestones, but you could also add crystal beads for shine.

The site I've linked (Fire Mountain Gems) is also a great resource for buying beads online.  They have almost everything and the have bulk pricing on various items.  For example is you purchase on of 15 different items or 15 of one item you get the bulk price for 15 items, so you can get good prices as well as a good selection. And if you are in the US and don't need expedited shipping the shipping is a $5 flat rate.

Even though I couldn't help you find exactly what you were looking for hopefully I have helped some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is a drug I cannot live without." ~Cecil B. DeMille

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. ~Robert Brault

http://pinterest.com/swaffe08/
Verbandverse
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013 02:40:59 PM »

Thanks for the welcome and reply (and suggestions!).  Those won't work, but I appear to have reached a dead end. If the experts here haven't seen it, it must be a one-off. I saw an amazing, huge bracelet made with them and I never forgot it. Le sigh.

Happy New Year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dhouselife
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013 08:48:02 AM »

I have actually seen these at Michaels. I bought some a few weeks back, but haven't decided what to do with them (only they are silver, not gold).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bearing in to Win a Race in Backgammon
Bearing in to Save Gammon in Backgammon
Change Game Plan in Backgammon
Holding Game in Backgammon
Why Not to Hit Too Early in Backgammon
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...