A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fill a Trick or Treat Bag Swap Rd. 2 Gallery  (Read 7319 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 04, 2011 11:45:37 AM »

We have had our first sender! Can't wait to see the gallery fill up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
monnie31
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011 12:50:50 PM »

I am making the bag Friday then I need to find a box and plan to send next week
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahelise
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011 06:32:45 PM »

Okay, all, prepare for jealousy!  I received my box today from the AMAZING Helena Puck.  She totally out-did herself.  Here is the pic of everything awesome that she sent me: 

Ah-Mazing, right?  That bag was stuffed to the gills!  So, here is the close-up of the awesome cross-stitch on the front of the bag: 

I love Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, and this bag is just too cute.  I love it, and will be transferring all of my "crafting on the move" supplies into it for public transportation and lunches at work.  Smiley  Next, there is the pile of awesome crafted goodies: 

There was some great jewelry, including earrings with orange beads and a pair with vintage marbles encased in wrapped wire, and two necklaces, one of my beloved Frankenstein's monster and one of his bride:

Also, there were some beautiful crafted halloween cards, one with a pumpkin cross-stitch, two with leaves, and two with bats: 

The niece and nephew in another state are going to LOVE these cards!  There were also some awesome extras.  Since we are both book lovers, there was a novel with Edgar Allan Poe, whom I love, as the main character (and an awesome copper book mark which I forgot to photograph).  And since she apparently sensed my love for cooking and baking, there was an autumn-themed cookbook, a recipe for my beloved popcorn balls from my childhood, and some cookie cutters: 

Finally, there was enough candy to last me well past halloween, but it's unlikely it will last me until the end of the week with my self-control (and, yes, that is a glow-in-the-dark, jack-o-lantern Pez dispenser!): 

Thank you so much, Helena Puck; you are amazing.  I love everything and am so glad we were partners! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I had a needle and thread, fine as I could sew, I'd sew my true love to my side, and down the creek

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/sarahelise41/
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/sarahschar
Helena Puck
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011 05:57:03 AM »

Glad you liked everything Sarah. It was fun putting your package together. You inspired me and my husband to watch the two classic horror movies, Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein this weekend since I love the images but never seen the movie.

When you ship the card, you may need extra postage and maybe another piece of padding over the bat. They can get crushed in shipping. That's the only problem I've had using clay for card making. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
Cloverlilly
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011 07:29:31 AM »

That bag is soo cute, I love the how you out the cross stitch on it. Did you make the pattern or buy/find it?

The cooking stuff was a really nice touch and I love the cookie cutters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Helena Puck
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011 10:52:45 AM »

That bag is soo cute, I love the how you out the cross stitch on it. Did you make the pattern or buy/find it?

The cross stitch pattern was actually on Sarah's wistlist, designed by LadyBeta on Etsy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
cute_anarchy
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011 08:59:20 AM »

What a great package for you Sarah!  Full of so much fun stuff!  And completely loving the Frankie/Mrs.Frank cross stitch! Beautiful work Helena!

I also really love the cards - I never would have thought to put clay on cards - it looks so cool.  And the earrings are really neat too!  Hurray for starting the swap off right - now I have to get back to work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
dopey_44
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011 08:15:47 PM »

ok it looks like im done stayed up till 4 am to finish now i need to find a box or go to post office for one of those flat rate boxs and then back to work to pack it all and then get to work and then back to the post office for shipment if it does not close on me if it does then i will have to contact the orginizer and let them know i will send out late but i will let you all know how ity all goes thanks you all for listening to me have a great monday
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/dopey44/

http://www.wists.com/dopey_44

love to spoil when i swap Smiley
i also LOVE popcorn mmmm Popcorn
Cloverlilly
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011 04:53:59 PM »

So I got my package today!!  Monnie really out did herself, it was such a small box but stuff just kept coming out of it. It felt like Mary Poppin's purse.

So it took two shots to get group pictures, thats all I'm going to post because I don't want to over load you all haha

And sorry the pictures are great, monnie if you took better ones feel free to post them.

We'll start at the top left, a bag of glittery skull ornaments, Halloween paper, glittery witch stickers, a wood burned box with a trinity knot on it, a wire tree and moon necklace, a wire wrapped stone, a wood painted candle holder that says boo with a witch on top, a cute Halloween hoopla that glows in the dark, pumpkin candles and embellishments, a candle, Halloween jelly beans, a painted box with a star and candies inside, a wooden kitty for me to paint, two painted wooden pumpkins, a pumpkin dish towel and matching oven mitts it's all on top of a little drawstring bag she made me too. So much great stuff and it's only part of it Cheesy

Again the little painted box with candies, a little bag with a witch, labels with all different kinds of deadly goodness, another cute bag that will be my crafting bag, a door hanger with pockets, a pair of Halloween PJ pants, a Halloween vest and some socks. There was also a bag of treats for my cat, which the picky thing she is loves!

Thank you Monnie, your amazing and I love everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
monnie31
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011 06:28:13 PM »

Awesome, glad you liked it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Enzymes for Your Skin Type
How to Upgrade Your Look with Just a Curling Iron, Belt and Mascara
A Decade of the Most Outrageous GRAMMY Beauty Looks
The Best Way to Wash Your Face
The Ugly Side of Pretty
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...