A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,123
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help, emotionally unfit  (Read 2158 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sarahfly
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011 06:25:48 PM »

I think it's so standard to be wary of putting lots of energy to being creative when your self esteem is low. But you are a chick that loves dressing for Halloween so be true to yourself.  One costume I did ( with friends, but is a good solo project) is Hotel California Concierge.  Black outfit of your choosing, gold poster board name tag, clear plastic label that says Hotel California, Concierge.  Done.  You can carry pink champagne, or other props.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shwiggles
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011 07:31:48 AM »

I just want to thank everyone who replied to this post.  I am feeling much better, and actually have plans with a new boy for Halloween.  I could go on and on about how amazing he is, but I won't.  I will say that he climbs trees for a living therefore has really amazing arms. Smiley and he's wonderful and sweet.
ANYWAY.  Thanks for the kind words, and the ideas and suggestions.
I'm going to be a Zombie Hunter.  Black boots (looking for lace up doc martin type boots but having a hell of a time finding some in my size and price range), high white socks, torn and dirty and bloody, big bloody gash on my right thigh over a tattoo i have of a camera, a knife, machette, and three guns.  Gray tank ripped dirty and bloody, bruises, leather jacket.
Any other ideas to spice it up?  I was thinking about making a logo for my shirt, possibly just a Z with a line through it, or something to that effect.  My cousin is coming with and she's being a zombie, so it works well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
charlieandwillow

Professional viking-tamer & bear-wrangler.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011 06:20:21 PM »

I will say that he climbs trees for a living therefore has really amazing arms.
This made me lol.

Also, the Wanted Akira boots may fit the bill. Prices vary across the interwebs according to the colour and where you buy from, it's worth spending time googling. http://www.amazon.com/Wanted-Shoes-Womens-Akira-Knee-High/dp/B003KFTQ48/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319590881&sr=8-1

In other news, from everything you've written here it's pretty apparent you're a rather awesome person. Just remember that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shwiggles
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011 06:23:44 AM »

I will say that he climbs trees for a living therefore has really amazing arms.
This made me lol.

Also, the Wanted Akira boots may fit the bill. Prices vary across the interwebs according to the colour and where you buy from, it's worth spending time googling. http://www.amazon.com/Wanted-Shoes-Womens-Akira-Knee-High/dp/B003KFTQ48/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319590881&sr=8-1

In other news, from everything you've written here it's pretty apparent you're a rather awesome person. Just remember that.

Thanks!  I do tend to get down on myself sometimes, but I try really hard to be a good person, to be nice to everyone, to not be a judgmental person, to give everyone a chance, etc etc etc, and getting the same in return makes me feel like an awesome person. 
As for the boots, if I can't find anything in the thrift shops, or somethng to borrow from a friend, I'm just going to wear some black boots with buckles that I currently own (and am currently wearing).  I can't afford to buy anything, and I don't get paid until ACTUAL Halloween, and still need to pay for drinks on Saturday! 
As for the amazing arms part, I actually made him flex for me the other day so I could take a picture on my phone, it's not my screensaver.  And I'm finding out every day how amazing this dude is, and how a man is SUPPOSED to treat a woman.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
charlieandwillow

Professional viking-tamer & bear-wrangler.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011 11:01:33 AM »

Just a thought - have you tried military surplus stores for the boots? Used boots are often around thrift store prices.
I totally get the arms thing. My other half works as a museum interpreter, he spends his days cutting grass with a scythe, moving massive logs in the sawmill or hitting stuff with hammers in the blacksmith shop. His arms are all kinds of awesome.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Stabilize Node Part 2/2 - Shake 4.1
How to Create Advanced Color Keying Part 1/2 - Apple Color
How to Create Advanced Color Keying Part 2/2 - Apple Color
How to Use Custom Shapes Part 1/2 - Apple Color
How to Use Custom Shapes Part 2/2 - Apple Color
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...