A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: December 2011 Birthday Swap  (Read 3858 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011 04:03:32 PM »

Hi everyone! My name is Emma and my bday is Dec 29; I'll be turning 26! I'm living in MI right now, finishing up my BFA. School is winding down for the semester so now I finally have some free time to craft!

I have pretty eclectic taste and love most any colors. My favorite though are deep reds, mossy green, jewel tone blues and purples, and browns. I have a pinterest which can give a lot of great ideas for my style and taste. I look forward to getting crafty for our awesome December birthdays!

Crafted Birthday Wishes

**super big wish!** - shawlette - I'd love it thin so I can wear it in the spring months too but still warm! I like the wrapped around the neck style personally. So it doesn't have to be super huge just long enough to go around my neck couple of times. Doesn't matter if its knit or crochet.

- hoopla - I love odd hoop sizes and shapes, and my pinterest has loads of ideas for subject matter

- handspun - I'm going through my stash and need more!

- project bags - I was never really a bag person but I'm quickly becoming one! I never have enough bags for all my projects.

- slouchy hat - love 'em. About the only hat I think I look good in.

-iPod gen 4 holder for working out - that I can hook to my waist band or strap on my arm or something

- felted day bag

Supplies

- dyeing blanks (especially the shirt! size L)
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/7702735-AA.shtml?lnav=clothing_women.html

http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/12072358-AA.shtml?lnav=default.html

- quality yarn (from stash/used is fine as long as its enough for a small/medium project)(I'll also take leftover tiny balls, etc for scrappy projects =))

- altoid tins (ran out!)

- Stazon Ink pad black

- sharpies

- inkodye kit!! that would be awesome
http://lumi.co/collections/inkodye

Extras

Knee socks! Love them, especially in the winter months.

chapstick - especially burt's bees brand (if other brand minty or non flavored please)

apple cider yum!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crassy_mcnasty

i drank my 40 before i left home, cause i'm a lady

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011 08:25:53 PM »

Hi!  I'm An-D and my birthday is Dec. 18th.  I'll be 37!  I have a super stressful non-profit job so I love crafting to relax (it's cheaper than therapy!)  

My style has been described as a 'rock star on her day off', i love retro and rockabilly style.  I love black cats especially (I have 2), I also have  a dog (he's a shelter special, don't know his breed).  My favorite designers are betsey johnson and tarina tarantino, i love polka dots, gingham, stars, skulls, horseshoes and old school country/rockabilly design like cowgirls, sugar skulls etc.  My favorite colors are turquoise, red, dark purple, and navy.  I like kawaii- super cute things especially faces on household/common things- like decole stuff, i think Nyan cat is the cutest!  I like cupcakes, zombies, old atari video games, sock monkeys, hello kitty/sanrio, kitschy religious icons (like sacred heart), traditional german and pennsylvania dutch/amish designs, and adult swim cartoons (like the old Brak show, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adventure Time, Robot Chicken, and Superjail.)  My favorite movies are The Blues Brothers and The Princess Bride.

I have a wist here:  http://www.wists.com/crassy_mcnasty

Surprise me!  Anything inspired by my wists would be awesome!

Clothes/Accessories
*Cute T-Shirt with black kitty- women's cut size 2x
*Anatomical Heart Necklace
*Sugar skull shirt- women's cut size 2x
*Cupcake half apron
*Little red riding hoodie bolero/ cape like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/61158079/little-red-riding-hood-storybook-red
*Sad raincloud with drops necklace or earrings
*Retro or vintage sweater clips
*Retro Country "Honky Tonk Angel" T-shirt- women's cut size 2x

Fun stuff/ plushies:
*Cute monster plushie
*Cupcake plushie
*Black maneki neko plushie
*Octopus sock 'monkey'
*Nyan cat anything
*Mint tin or tiny speaker for ipod

Other:
*German folk art or pa dutch design tablecloth or throw pillow
*1950's inspired tea towels or potholders (my kitchen is red, yellow, & avocado green)
*Fruit suncatchers
*A thread catcher taken by TroubleT!
*Sewing Machine Cover for standard size machine in cute retro sewing print

Supplies:
*Sewing instruction books for clothing, especially simple/easy
*Cute kawaii fabric- especially with cats
*Bag and purse patterns
*Cute vintage buttons
*Storage for buttons, thread, etc.
*Retro appliques
*Colored chain and jump rings

Extras:
*Maple anything (no walnuts though, I'm allergic)
*Kitschy postcard from your town
*Awesome retro cookie or cake recipes
*Cute socks -any color or length
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011 02:10:34 PM by crassy_mcnasty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

erica_tattoos
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011 07:38:50 AM »

Hello All!!  Cheesy

My name's Erica, my birthday's the 28th, and I will be 33 years old! I'm a single mom living in southeast Arkansas (u.s.) and own and operate a little tattoo shop here! I have a 5 year old son named Nicholas, and i enjoy crafting, reading, cooking, and tinkering around the house.

I collect lots of things, and i like lots of things, so i'm easy to please! I like: anything skulls/skeletons (happy or funky, tho, not creepy/scary), anything day of the dead. I like poppies, and owls (and other birds too / anything kindof woodland-y) my kitchen is all pinups, my bedroom is all peacocks, i love anything that is quirky/smart-alecky/shows a sense of humor.... i'm good with pretty much all colors, esp warm earth tones, rich jewel tones, and dusty vintagey retro colors. not particularly a fan of neons or really frou frou pastels..... I am FOC so i've got lots of images/info on my profile to give you an idea of my style!

crafted items:

of course i'm gonna start off with a pinterest surprise! I've got a ton of stuff on my pinterest and i'd be delighted to get something inspired from there! just watch what board you're on there, i do have a "research" folder and a "stuff i've done" folder that are reference for work that i've done / am doing....don't need anything off those! anything else is fair game, tho!  Cheesy 
http://pinterest.com/erica_tattoos/

an awesome crazy homemade hat and/or scarf! oh how i'd like to have one of these bad boys....   
http://pinterest.com/erica_tattoos/i-hats-to-have/

always want more hoopla!
http://pinterest.com/erica_tattoos/hoopla-i-looove/

things for my kitchen: it's done in pinups and vintagey greens/oranges/blues/golds. I'd love to have some of those dishclothes like everybody's grandma used to have: you know like the terry dishcloths that have the crocheted topper with the button attached so you can put it on the oven handle? also, oven mitts, hot pads, dirty/clean magnets for the dishwasher, fridge magnets, anything else kitchen-ey you can think of...

add to my owl pillow collection! (i have a huge couch and my ultimate goal is to have about a bajillion and a half funky owls perched on it - right now i have three!  Cheesy )  here's (yet another!) link to my pinterest folder, but you can also just google image search "owl pillow" and absolutely everything on there is the bees' knees!
http://pinterest.com/erica_tattoos/owls/

okay ~ that's five!  Cheesy

supplies:

sculpey and sculpey tools / how-to books / molds / whatever!
embroidery hoops / floss / needles / aida / whatever!
fat quarters in fun funky obnoxious patterns!
jewelry making supplies! i'm just getting started so anything you've got!
i can always use more buttons, beads, and whimsies!
good quality felt - even scraps will do! i've done a bit of felt applique on hoops and would like to do more but all you can get down here is the crappy walmart craft felt that falls apart the first time you cut it.  Sad
wool / roving / fiber to do my own felting, plus any tools/tutorials/books/etc you might have lying around... i've only just done a very little bit of felting and it's been years ago, but i've always wanted to try again!
surprise me! i'm always sticking myself in the middle of a new project or technique, so if you've got some awesome craft kit or supplies laying around you're not gonna use, send 'em my way! =)

extras

hm - well of course chocolate and sweets will win you my adoration every time!
love teas, always down to try something new there!
not for me, technically, but it's always cool to have a little something come out of the packages i get for the kiddo.... he's your typical five year old boy, so think thomas the train, cars, robots, tractors, bugs, fire trucks, space / planets, farm animals..... doesn't have to be big, maybe a sheet of stickers, or some paper cutouts of planets/spaceships, or fire truck buttons, just a lil something!  Grin

thanks so much to anyone who chooses me; you're awesome!

and happy birthday to all you other december babies out there!  Grin Grin Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jtlhmmwabodf
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011 08:43:09 PM »

Happy birthday all!  I'm Syd, I live in southern Ontario, and just turned 19 this month.  I'm mainly a knitter and sewer, but I dabble in just about any craft I can.  My favourite colour is green (lime green!) especially paired with brown, and I love blue and orange together.  I'm a little bit obsessed with Star Trek, the Union Jack, stripes, and bugs.  I'm really not a huge fan of anything girly and am short on space, so practical items as opposed to purely decorative ones would be best. I love obnoxiously bright, fun colours as much as muted, rustic themes.

Crafts
- Something from my wist: http://www.wists.com/jtlhmmwabodf
- Hand dyed or handspun yarn
- Hand dyed roving
- Handmade soaps (not a huge fan of flowery scents, would love citrus or coffee)
- Big wooden buttons
- T-shirt yarn (there's an awesome tutorial for it here: http://www.craftpassion.com/2009/05/recycle-tutorial-making-of-t-shirt-yarn.html.  I make it all the time, but I'd love more!)
- Yarn bowl
- A hand thrown mug
- A patchwork monster stuffie
- Wrap bracelets
- Stitch markers

Supplies
- Jute or hemp thread/yarn, or something with a similar look and feel
- Pom-pom maker
- Drop spindle (top whorl)
- Round beads (about 5-7mm).  Semi-precious stone, glass, or wooden.
- Acid or natural dyes for yarn
- Wooden crochet hooks of any size, or any gigantic crochet hooks
- Wooden sock needles
- Linen fabric
- I've seen a lot of awesome crafts using coffee bags lately (stuff like http://www.etsy.com/listing/85324984/coffee-bag-journal-wbrown-inside and http://pinterest.com/pin/640988548/), so if anyone has a bag or two they'd like to pass on, that would be cool
- Any natural yarns destash and second hand stuff is fine
- Fat quarters with bright, modern prints
- I bought a Viking sewing machine second hand and it only had the one bobbin with it (my singer ones don't fit!), so I would love any extras you might have that would
- Any knitting books you don't want anymore not so much for learning, but pattern books and stitch dictionaries.

Extras
- Stickers
- Hot chocolate mix
- Fuzzy peach candies
- Coffee
- A birthday card

Thanks in advance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

c*lientje
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011 12:33:10 AM »

Happy birthday everyone! I'm Caroline and I'll be turning 23 on the 21st. I'm currently a primary school, kindergarten and nursery teacher in China, but my contract ends this month. After that, I'll be spending a month traveling round China.

I've got a degree in engineering geology from a UK university, and despite having to move back in with my parents in Holland when I go home, I can't wait to move back to England as soon as I possibly can. I'm still looking around for jobs, so who knows what the future holds!

So I'm a very easy person to craft for. There's not a lot I can think of that I wouldn't love to receive. I admire every skill, so feel free to use whatever crafts you know. There are no colours I dislike, but combos I particularly enjoy are green/blue/purple, yellow/grey, brown/turquoise, brown/pink. I love purple, electric blue and pink.

My main hobbies are reading, crafting, traveling and I love going to concerts or the theatre. I've always got music on, and I never leave the house without a sketch/note book and a good book. I haven't really got a definided style, I just wear/buy whatever I like, although I do tend to go for some more cutesy stuff. However, rock, vintage and Asian looking stuff is kinda my thing, too. If you're not sure about whether something may or may not be 'me', then feel free to drop me a message Smiley

Wishlist:

Crafted items:
*A small pouch that would fit my phone, passport and small coinpurse.
*A small coinpurse.
*A slouchy beanie.
*Resin cast jewellery: a chunky bangle would be cool, or a kawaii style ring or pendant (I love all the glittery, sprinkle-y ones).
*A tote for shopping.
*A scarf or necklace made from upcycled T-shirts. Something smart-casual would be perfect.
*A little stuffie or ami. Look at my pinterest or etsy favourites for ideas, or just PM me your idea... I'd post a full list but it's simply too long!
*A DIY crochet kit, I really want to get into this!
*Also, I'd love to learn how to sew properly, so a kit for a simple project would be great.
*A pair of feather earrings and a pair of matching studs (I have two piercings in each ear). <---- Thanks for claiming mintdawn Smiley
*A tea wallet.
*A mug rug.
*Handmade soap or anything else for a relaxing bath (I love floral scents, especially rose and lavender!)
*Handmade lipbalm.
*Handmade eyeshadow in funky colours.
*A headband or hairclip with an oversized bow.
*Something with a pink Dalek or Toadette (the pink mushroom girl from Nintendo). Could be anything you like!
*Fabric jewellery, maybe a scrappy cuff? <---- Again, thanks so much mintdawn!
*A record bowl, I love those! Or anything else made with upcycled records really.
*ATCs are always welcome!
*A birthday surprise... Anything you're good at and think I'd love.

Look here for inspiration and things I like:
*Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/carolinemaria
*Etsy favourites: http://www.etsy.com/people/madebych88/
*Also, if you'd like a list of themes, have a look at some of the ongoing ATC and inchie swap threads!

Supplies:
*Any beads, findings, charms, wire
*Buttons! I love them but I've barely got any!
*ATC blanks
*Decopatch stuff
*Resin casting supplies
*Papers
*Embellishments
*Baking supplies (cake decorations, cookie cutters, ...)

Extras:
*Something local to you, could be postcards, sweets, anything really.
*Tea / Hot Chocolate
*Recipes
*Old craft magazines

Thanks for taking a look at my list Smiley
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011 08:12:29 AM by c*lientje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PARTNERS! If you send me anything after Dec 5th, PM me for my Dutch address, do NOT send anything to China after this date! Thanks!

Current swaps:
November Ongoing ATC swap *sent / December Ongoing ATC swap *crafting / Jar of Stars *sent / OIS *sent / December Birthday swap *designing and planni
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Handmade Paper Greeting Card
How to Make a Grave Rubbing
How to Make a Denim Rug
How to Make a Custom Dress Form
How to Make a Coiled Basket
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...