A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,656
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: When does a package become 'missing?'  (Read 1115 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Interrobam
she-who-is-relatively-good-at-several-things

as human as humanly possible

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 19, 2011 12:58:23 PM »

Pretty much what the topic says. If a package is sent with a legitimate DC#, but it hasn't arrived at its destination in the time you thought it would, how long do you wait for it to arrive until you declare it a lost package?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mini Halloween Swap: Package: SENT and RECEIVED

Pinterest
ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011 01:05:50 PM »

for USPS, I'd ask them 2-3 days after their expected delivery date to find the package. (I'm guessing you're in the US since you mentioned the DC#)  For swapping, I think it's 2-3 weeks after you send when it's declared missing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011 01:34:54 PM »

Has anyone else experienced more than the usual amount of DC's that haven't been updated lately? I don't know if it's because of the postal service's issues, but it seems like there are a lot more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011 01:56:37 PM »

Has anyone else experienced more than the usual amount of DC's that haven't been updated lately? I don't know if it's because of the postal service's issues, but it seems like there are a lot more.

This happens to me every once and a while and it's frustrating! Especially if my partner isn't on craftster every day to PM the moment they receive  Roll Eyes

I even had one package with a DC# that never left my post office (according to the tracking info), this was months ago and as far as I know it is still MIA  Undecided very frustrating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011 08:51:33 AM »

I usually hand the decision about how long is too long to the swap mods, sending them a help ticket explaining the situation and asking them when they think getting an angel is the thing to do. It really depends on the countries involved, I remember having the problem with packages to Australia, where four weeks of waiting can happen a lot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011 10:31:39 AM »

In one of the swap I've organized, there is a package that has been making its way from New York to Hawaii for five weeks. The receiver checked tracking today and apparently it's finally made its way to her town and will presumably be delivered today or tommorrow.

That's crazy! Another package was sent from Tennessee to Australia and arrived weeks ago; who would have ever thought it would take something longer to get to Hawaii than to Australia?!

In this case, both parties kept in touch with me and both were willing to wait. Had the receiver not been insistent that she didn't mind waiting I would have had another package sent at three weeks. I had already decided that six weeks was the cut-off and the sender would have to resend then. I think it just depends on the location of the swappers, any issues that might affect the mail (like weather, politics, etc), and the attitude of the swappers themselves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
tiffi_333
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011 11:12:11 AM »

Ive sent a package to someone and it actually took about 3 months to get there...I thought that if you have a tracking number or the receipt as proof you sent the package that you wouldnt have to resend...ive seen exceptions like the atc swaps where you cant get tracking numbers or anything because its like sending a letter, but i didnt think youd have to resend a large package if there was a problem with the post (as long as you have proof of sending) i thought if that ends up happening the person would end up with an angel package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011 08:18:33 AM »

Yes, if the sender has a DC# OR a legible shipping receipt (not the customs form, it has to be the receipt that shows you paid, the date sent and the place sent to) they are not required to resend if the package is deemed lost in the mail.  In that case an angel can be found, but that being said if they want to resend that is great!  Just note that if a sender resends a lost package, they are NOT eligible for FOC angel status as they have received a package.  But they will get lots of crafty karma Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
tiffi_333
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011 10:57:18 AM »

awesome, thanks for letting us know thats something i shouldn't be unsure of when organizing swaps lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011 01:53:27 PM »

I sent two boxes out for one swap and now it looks like one of the boxes is missing ;(  I am so upset!  The post office has been contacted and we are hoping it's located and gets delivered to the proper place...Unless of course it was delivered to the wrong house and someone stole it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 15/28
How to Crochet a Sidesaddle Shell Stitch Part 6/6
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 13/28
How to Crochet a Sidesaddle Shell Stitch Part 2/6
How to Crochet a Sidesaddle Shell Stitch Part 3/6
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...