A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,667
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Secret Santa Swap Party Round 3; Signups CLOSED; Sendouts Nov 25  (Read 27251 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: October 01, 2011 08:38:25 AM »

GALLERY! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=397028.0

Swap name: Secret Santa Swap Party Round 3
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: jezebel_1982
Co-organizer: tcmatteson
Sign-up date range: October 1 - October 20
Date to send item by: November 25
Date to open package on: December 18

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?

Age requirement? 16 and over, please
**As this swap is time sensitive, I will not accept first-time swappers, or people that get consistent late sender feedback.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 16 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 18 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: N/A
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is a SECRET Santa swap!
Your partner will not know who you are until they open your package! In turn, you will not know who will be sending to you.
You will receive your partner's info, and you will stalk them!  You must NOT contact your partner and let them know who you are! (go through your group leader if you have a question that must be answered!).

This is a small swap to ease time and money constraints around the holidays. You will craft 1 small and 1 medium item based off of your partners questionnaire, wist, and what else you find while stalking them. You will also purchase 1 item worth $3 - $5 USD this can be an ornament, candy, a candle, or anything else your partner might like (you will be sending three items in total). Be forewarned that you may not get the things you asked for in your questionnaire wish list depending on your Secret Santas skill set, but we will try to match everyone up as best as we can!

(By Time
-Medium = 2 or more hours
-Small = 2 or less hours

By Size
-Medium = one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
-Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks

By Price
-Medium = $10-$30 dollars
-Small = $10 or less)

Everyone MUST have a wist or pinterest with at least 25 items...and please try to make sure that the majority of these items are craft-able (not all furniture, electronics, books, etc!!)

Please make sure to fill out the questionnaire fully, and include all the information for your secret partner that you can. I am giving a long sign-up period so that you can take your time in filling out the questionnaire. Please take several days to think of a full comprehensive list for your partner because your partner will not be able to ask you questions, so make sure you give lots of info.

NOW THE TWIST!
The kicker to this swap is that you must WAIT to open your package! Put it under your tree or have your SO or roommate hide it from you ^_~ Well have a party of opening and posting our gifts on the 18th of December.

If you are in the United States, you must get a DC# for your package and if youre outside of the United States you must be able to send an electric copy of your postage receipt. The other requirement is that you need to write Secret Santa Swap Party somewhere on the package! This way no one gets accidentally confused and open up their present early! You will PM all of your sending and receiving info to the person in charge of your group and NOT to the person you're crafting for!

Communication requirement: I expect everyone to post at least once a week on the thread or send a message to your group leader. If you havent posted in a week, we will PM you. If you dont respond to the PM within a week of that, you will be considered a flaker. If youre going on vacation, or you know that you wont have internet access for a while, let us know! I want this swap to go as smoothly and as fun as it can. I also understand that there are some more quiet people who only like to read. For your post just give an update. Still researching my partner at this time is an acceptable post (or whatever your status might be at the time). Also, if you skip 3 or more weeks (non-consecutively) in posting, it will be marked as bad communication in your feedback. Please only sign-up if you know that you can follow through to the end!

If you want to participate, fill out the information below and send to jezebel_1982:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Secret Santa Swap Party Round 3
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old (yes/no)

your wists url:
any other websites that can give your partner hints:
Please list any aversions or allergies (smoke, pets, etc.):
Please list allergens found within your home:

What holiday(s) in December does your household celebrate:
Are you willing to craft for someone who doesnt celebrate the same holiday as yourself?
Do you want to receive holiday related/decorated stuff or not?

List your top 5 or more wishes: if any specific measurements or color preferences are needed, please supply them! Please try to keep your wishes to medium or small items and you must have at least 5.

List 3-5 small bought item wishes:

What type of crafts are you really good at:
What type of crafts do you enjoy doing:
What type of crafts are you learning and want more practice on:
Any crafts you particularly admire (ie, sewing, knitting...):
Any crafts  you really aren't into:

Favorites-
Fabrics:
Scents:
Colors:
Animal:
TV Show:
Book/Character:
Candy/Snacks:
Celebrity:
Cartoon Character:
Anything else you love?

Hates-
Fabrics:
Scents:
Colors:
Candy/Snacks:
Anything else you dont like?

Do you:
   keep a journal/sketchbook?
   have a mobile phone, MP3 player, etc?  Kind/Size
   need a project bag/tote/purse?  Size?
   collect anything?

Is there something that you would love to learn to do?

Jewelry (do you wear):
     earrings?
     bracelets/cuff?  wrist size?
     necklaces?  length?
     metals you prefer (gold, silver, copper, brass)?

Would you like clothes made for you?
   bust measurement?
   waist measurement?
   hip measurement?
   foot measurement?
   inseam measurement?
   head measurement?
   arm measurement from wrist to elbow?

Anything else you'd like your partner to know?  

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011 06:24:32 PM by jezebel_1982 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011 08:38:54 AM »

We have a co-organizer! Please welcome back the awesome tcmatteson who has organized every single round of SSSP in the past! She has generously offered to help me, and offered lots of great advice along the way!

Because of this, we have 2 groups. Please double-check which group you are in when you are sending PMs to your team leader Smiley

Group A - Team Jezebel_1982
jezebel_1982 organizer
rlynn
mandykaye
lidehtium
amazing_784
guacaMolly
sloth003
calixita
psyche

Group B - Team tcmatteson
FeliciaSlayDCRG
mlookyloo1
adrienne_bowers
bellyjewel
mcook72677
rootdarc
h-chan
missmoppet
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011 06:41:54 PM by jezebel_1982 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

pug hugs

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011 03:18:25 PM »

Oh mercy!  I told myself no more swaps until next year since Im doing the mini 12 days of christmas.  But this looks so fun!  And I am almost done with crafting for my current swap.  Ive never done a secret santa type of thing.  Im going to have to think on this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_In search of Simply Knitting magazines with Alan Dart patterns.  If you have any I'll swap ya for them!

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
FeliciaSlayDCRG
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011 04:38:35 PM »

Hoping my feedback from my first swap comes in, in time, so I'm not a n00b and can join this one.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011 05:53:49 PM »

Felicia, I will be happy to make it official once your feedback comes back positive Smiley If it comes closer to the close date & your feedback's not up, I'll try to remember to contact your org. Stalked that swap & you sent an awesome package, so I see no reason why not!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FeliciaSlayDCRG
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011 06:12:24 PM »

Thanks.  Smiley  I've always made stuff for other people, but this swapping thing is way more fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011 10:53:00 PM »

Depending on how my progress is going for my other current swap, I might sign up a little later! Sounds like fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011 12:09:33 AM »

I've always thought this one sounded fun.  Glad to be get the opportunity to join.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shadowromeo
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011 12:40:33 AM »

I might join.  I believe I'm almost at my one month anniversary....or at least should be before sign ups end.  I need to fill up my pintrest first!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
louw
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011 09:13:32 AM »

just like FeliciaSlayDCRG , hope I will have feedback for my first swap before the signups end  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Set Up a Pocket Wizard System
Photography Lightening Equipment Review
Basic Principles of Light Usage in Photography
How Camera Shutters Work
How to use the Aperture - Lesson 1
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...