A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: October 2011 Birthday Swap - Discussion and Gallery  (Read 12957 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pjr107
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2011 01:24:58 PM »

Everything in those packages is GREAT!  They make any birthday extra special!

So here's a question: 

If someone wanted to give you the perfect birthday party, what would it be?  Loads of friends or just someone special?  Surprise party?  Formal dinner?

I think I would love to have a small party with a few friends with a great meal.  Then just hanging out and spending time chatting, nothing really exciting or over the top.  OK and time away from kids and with adult conversation (love my kids but even *I* need a break)

-PJ 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennilocker
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2011 01:29:36 PM »

Everything in those packages is GREAT!  They make any birthday extra special!

So here's a question: 

If someone wanted to give you the perfect birthday party, what would it be?  Loads of friends or just someone special?  Surprise party?  Formal dinner?

I think I would love to have a small party with a few friends with a great meal.  Then just hanging out and spending time chatting, nothing really exciting or over the top.  OK and time away from kids and with adult conversation (love my kids but even *I* need a break)

-PJ 

I'm sorry...what exactly is this "adult conversation" you speak of?  Grin  I am very much a small group of people kinda girl...a nice dinner and no being hit in the head with a sippy cup sound wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2011 01:32:42 PM »

I personally prefer a small gathering of friends...horse douvers Wink, drinks, cake and ice cream--simple...you can say gifts optional, but most people will bring a gift anyway (secretly: YAY!)....

I also believe in celebrating your birthday all month!! Cheesy

ha ha ha jennilocker...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

julieboolie

turtle, turtle!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2011 01:40:23 PM »

Here's what I recieved from Foxy Sam!

Sorry about my pics, I wanted to hurry and get them here!
Foxy Sam DEFINITELY spoiled me! She made me not one, but 2 fuzzy SEWN monsters

I haven't named them yet, but they are currently residing on my messy bed. Smiley

A beautiful hand made card (I wish I was better at paper crafts!) w/ a turtle<3
A bracelet that says I <3 Turtles (I DO! VERY MUCH Grin)
A New Zealand button sporting a Kiwi (I believe that's what they're called)

*Not pictured* yummy chocolate covered pineapple candies that are no longer in existence at my house. Roll Eyes

Aaaaaaand crocheted goodies!
This amazing zombie bunny guy is now my official car mascot. Check him out hangin' in my rear-view mirror.

He's made from this soft, fuzzy, sparkley yarn. I love him Cheesy

She also made me a little turtle guy that also lives in the cup holder of my car, I'm convinced he's melindasaysrawr's soul mate. Smiley

Thank you so much Foxy Sam!

I need to get back to work before my boss catches me! Shocked BBL! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield"

Wists | Pinterest | Ravelry
pjr107
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2011 01:44:11 PM »

Adult conversation where the people you are talking to are over the age of 18 and have not given birth to them... doesn't even matter what you talk about, just that you don't have a child putting in their comments Smiley
My DD (gotta love the teenage years) decided to get herself in trouble and not really be willing to pay the price without trying to take me down with her (somewhat long story of bipolar disorder and teenagers)  BUT  after her deciding to hold me to the letter of her punishment, "you can't leave the house", I solved the problem by having a party on the front lawn.  We order out from our favorite expensive restaurant and invited a friend over to enjoy it with us (she has a teen just like mine so we commiserate a lot).  

and I'll take celebrating my birthday all month too... its about the only way my family remembers it.  But my DH does have it down... he rarely buys me a gift for a birthday, instead, he will just pick up surprises all year long Smiley

-PJ

MONSTERS were just posted and they are CUTE!!!!  gotta go check them out Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2011 02:06:49 PM »

I love monster plushies!

Cute bunny, too, but in our area, we can't have stuff hanging off the mirror without getting a ticket! Sad

We have similar hubbys, PJ---after years of marriage, it does get harder to surprise me... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjr107
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2011 02:28:14 PM »

What really funny is that my DH is like a little kid and can't keep a surprise!  He's only done it maybe two times where he actually planned a weekend trip and I didn't know where we were going.  Even when he buys a gift, he just about explodes until it gets here:)

They are getting really strict in PA (at least the Eastern side) about tons of things.... our county requires emissions testing (there are many counties of PA and not all of them require it and a person/cop can not tell unless they look at your license)  and I was pulled over for not having two stickers on my window.  But my car is a diesel and I am exempt Smiley  Very funny chatting to a cop about what kind of car you drive and them actually considering getting one!

-PJ
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melindasaysrawr

I'll go where the wind takes me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2011 08:24:24 PM »

Oh no! It won't let me see my soul mate, julieboolie! But I looooove that zombie! Too cute! I sent Foxy Sam's gift this morning. Hope you like it as much as I like mine!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/neyney1991/

"To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2011 03:03:56 PM »

Hello October babies!  Smiley I am a June baby, but I'm trying to de-stash so I'm gonna claim a few of you for some crafty supplies  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
ChevelleZombie
The dark Martha Stewart! :P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2011 05:16:13 PM »

Hello October babies!  Smiley I am a June baby, but I'm trying to de-stash so I'm gonna claim a few of you for some crafty supplies  Wink

oooo pick me pick me Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crop an Image
How to Customize a Sports Poster Template
How to Add a photo to a Sports poster
How to Use Basic Photoshop Elements
How to Put a Head Over a Title in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...