A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 303,937
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: October 2011 Birthday Swap - CLOSED  (Read 3346 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: October 01, 2011 06:12:24 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

I reserve the right to deny participation to anyone who has a history of late sending or poor communication. This is a BIRTHDAY swap. No one should be flaked on on their birthday.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. NO,REALLY!

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM.

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=391769.msg4642259#msg4642259

Swap name: October 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: TroubleT
Craftster member who is coorganizing:
Sign-up date range: October 1-31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
 This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap.  However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=391769.msg4642259#msg4642259

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists, etsy favorites, etc. is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=391769.msg4642259#msg4642259    Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me and TroubleT by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put Oct Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications.
The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me (TroubleT) when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your PMs like this:  
Format for PMs:
Proper label:
"Oct. Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by October 14
kaz814 to TroubleT -- pretty purse

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items

--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen

--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.

--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):

Name of swap: October 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap, you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=391769.msg4642259#msg4642259 Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- October 2011 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates:

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds

June 2011 Birthday List
June 2011 Swap Discussion and Gallery
July 2011 Birthday List
July 2011 Swap Discussion and Gallery

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011 02:53:02 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011 01:46:56 PM »

Birthday Swappers
Foxy Sam - Oct. 26 - (0,0,3) - receiving 3 gifts
melindasaysrawr FIRST TIME SWAPPER! Cheesy - Oct. 15 - (0,0,1) - receiving 3 gifts
jennilocker FOC - Oct 10 - (0,0,3) - receiving 2 gifts
julieboolie FOC - Oct 27 - (0,1,2) - receiving 2 gifts
ChevelleZombie First Time Swapper! Cheesy - Oct. 15 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
onecrazymom - Oct 11 - (0,0,2) - receiving 3 gifts
pjr107 - Oct 11 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
lullababy - Oct. 29 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gift
Lollipop67 - Oct. 4 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift

Non Birthday Swappers
TroubleT - (0,0,1)
kartiana - (0,1,1)
alwaysinmyroom - (0,0,2)

Birthday Claims

Sent
Received
Late w/ communication
Contact organizer asap

Send by Oct. 20
FoxySam to melindasaysrawr: turtle amigurumi
jennilocker to melindasaysrawr: a surprise!
jennilocker to claim Foxy Sam: a surprise!!

Oct. 22

julieboolie to Jennilocker: a surprise from her wists
Foxy Sam to julieboolie: a monster and turtle suprise package

Oct. 24

melindasaysrawr to Foxy Sam: a surprise
ChevelleZombie to melindasaysrawr: a sign for her bedroom and some baked goodies

Oct. 25
julieboolie to ChevelleZombie: a slouchy hat
julieboolie to Foxy Sam: a birthday surprise

Oct. 29
pjr107 to Julieboolie: a turtle surprise

Nov. 2
Lollipop67 to lullababy: cute cooking apron
lullababy to onecrazymom: supplies
jennilocker to Lollipop67: tree embroidered wall art
Foxy Sam to jennilocker: a crochet bracelet, owl ornament and surprise notebook cover

Nov. 7
TroubleT to pjr107: reconned bag
alwaysinmyroom to onecrazymom: slouch hat
alwaysinmyroom to pjr107: market bag and supplies

Nov. 8
kartiana to onecrazymom: supplies
kartiana to lullababy: supplies

Nov. 10
onecrazymom to julieboolie: a surprize from her wists
onecrazymom to chevellezombie: something with a fleur-de-leis
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011 01:45:09 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Foxy Sam
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011 04:56:02 PM »

Hi allI am Sam, Sam I amI am a Kindergarten teacher, in Wellington New Zealand, who loves to craft too.  I am obsessed with crocheting creatures.  I also love scrapbooking, making cards and so forthas well as sewing, polymer clay and anything else I can put my hands to, to create something real out of an idea/creative thought that passes through.  I am so excited it is my birthday month, finally, we dont normally do many presents, which is all good, but thought it would be lovely to give this a try to share the excitement of giving and receiving presents. For colours I love blues, greens, natural colours, black, silver, purpledont like orange in huge amounts but dont mind it in small doses for effects or images that need it, not a big fan of pink but still like it a little, more pale that florescent, dont like florescent too brightUmmnot sure what else to sayI love chatting though so if you want to know more or anything please feel more than free to send me a message

When posting internationally, remember that our customs wont allow any rice/beans/peas as are plant based seedsso stuffing is all good and plastic pellets are fine but not natural food based stuffingssee our customs pages for more info on prohibited items http://www.customs.govt.nz/features/prohibited/imports/Pages/default.aspx

Things I would love to receive:

A lovely surprise off my wist list would be awesome
http://www.wists.com/

Sewnappliqu:
   Always love bags of all shapes and sizes set of shopping bags would be grand, especially if they fold down into small size to put in handbag
   Re-useable sandwich bags
   messenger bag
   Hoodie (especially one like these fairy/elf type)  http://www.wists.com/FoxySam/d1510891b542267c9e3ac5ced61029ec?offset=20
   Craft caddies, pockets, kit bags
   Apron would be cool with a matching oven glove too if possible or just the apronask for more details with this oneas thinking of one for work
   Coffee cadeeor even cooler would be a drink bottle one as I use one at work and it looks the same as everyone elses so this would be very helpfulI love this monster one but preferably without the pink backgroundblue or green perhapsI can give you exact measurements of the bottle to help http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=386522.160

Knit or Crochet:
   Scarf would be awesome
   Wrist warmers (Id love some longish ones) would be neat
   Hat
   Cool creatures

Jewellery:
   Jewellery off my wist
   Loaded charm bracelet
   Necklaces

Stencilled/decorated items:
   Decorated/stencilled t-shirts, hoodies or clothing to wear to kindy, so with neat/child friendly designscute monsters, animals, talk to me as I have more ideas

Kits:
   Rubber stamp carving
   Embroidery/cross stitch
   Stencilling
   Shrinky Dinks
   Polymer/model making
   Yarn bombingjust starting to look into thishmmm
             Patterns/books for crochet...or sewing...

Themes I like (just a few to give some ideas):
   Harry Potter
   Faeries/Elves/Gnomes
   Dragons
   Mystical Creaturesdragons, yeti/big foot
   Cute monsters like Sulley out of Monsters Incthe big fluffy blue one
   Animalspolar bears, badgers, squirrels, foxes, bats,
   Pixar Moviesand Disney ones too
   Cute
   Useful, wearable but also decorative tooanything for work would be good (I am a kindergarten teacher, so almost anything goes).

Craft Supplies:
   Shrinky Dinky stuff
   Crochet patterns/books/mags
   Sewing patterns
   Scrapbook supplies, embellishments, papers, tools, ribbons
   Crochet hooks
   Safety eyes, especially cats eyes type ones (they are really hard to get here so are always appreciated)
   Rubber/clear stamps
   Penny Black Stamps like the cats and hedgehogs I love the Halloween ones tooso cute http://www.pennyblackinc.com/display_item.php?PID=6719&CAT=Rstransparentsets
http://www.hasrub.co.nz/product_info.php?cPath=2_378_435&products_id=8055&osCsid=516169a47481a24a6ad75e7d369d5d3a
http://www.hasrub.co.nz/product_info.php?cPath=2_378_435&products_id=8054&osCsid=516169a47481a24a6ad75e7d369d5d3a
http://www.hasrub.co.nz/product_info.php?cPath=2_378_435&products_id=8056&osCsid=516169a47481a24a6ad75e7d369d5d3a
http://www.hasrub.co.nz/product_info.php?cPath=2_378_435&products_id=8045&osCsid=516169a47481a24a6ad75e7d369d5d3a

Different coloured inks for stamps
   Punches (not literal onesjust crafty oneslol)
   Pretty buttons/beads/embellishments
   Jewellery stuff

Extras
   Anything that links with the theme list
   Chocolates/lollies
   Something from your locality
   Stickers
   SocksI love interesting socksthe more bizarre the betterI love wearing them to kindergarten, the children seem to love my mad socks too
   Anything you think I would like

Thank you in advance for choosing me...so exciting...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
melindasaysrawr

I'll go where the wind takes me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011 04:17:03 PM »

My name is Melinda, and I will be turn twenty on the 15th of this month. While I'm excited for my birthday, I'm terribly sad to see my teen years officially be over. I'm from a middle of no-where town in North Georgia, and have a love/hate relationship with my small town. I live with my parents, my boyfriend, and four little fur babies. Our house burned down in January of this year, and it was a very hard time for us, but made us all a lot closer, and definitely made me realize how sweet home really is. We were able to move back home about 3 months ago, and I don't plan on moving out for a very long time. My parents seem to be perfectly fine with that!  

Things that make me happy: lime green, zebra stripes, cheetah/leopard spots, bob marley, candles, owls, peter pan and tinkerbell, turtles, Georgia bulldogs, photography, reading, harry potter, sushi, cooking, jewelry making, backstreet boys, four leaf clovers, most anything irish, peace signs, cameos, hoodies, tye-dye, tattoos, feathers, backstreet boys

Movies: Peter Pan, Dirty Dancing, the Secret Garden, Annie, Pirates of the Carribbean, Transformers, Alice in Wonderland
TV Shows: Bones, Criminal Minds, Prison Break

Wist: http://wists.com/melindasaysrawr (Descriptions have sizes, preferences, etc.)
Tumblr: http://melindasaysrawr.tumblr.com/
Etsy Favorites: http://www.etsy.com/people/melindasaysrawr/favorites?ref=pr_faveitems_more
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/melindasaysrawr/

Crafted Items: (parenthesis = super cute examples)
-Hoodies (Size XL)
-Shirts (Size L, XL if made to be slouchy)
-Pajama Pants (Size 18. I like them long and a little loose)
-Shoes (Size 7 1/2 - Cool
-Lotions, Soaps , Body Wash, Lip Balm, or any bathroom products in general.
- "Paperless" Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper Cozy (http://www.wists.com/melindasaysrawr/ab535dcfbee7e5b736ea6dd263c585dd?offset=40)
- Reusable Swiffer Covers
- Plastic Bag Holder
- Bowl Covers
- Over Mitts/Pot Holders
- Charging Ipod Cozy (http://www.wists.com/melindasaysrawr/24dca28fc203f4b1c526b482b440d346?offset=60)
- Fabric Birthday Banner that says Happy Birthday (http://www.wists.com/melindasaysrawr/06ba904fb3b73fa012ab996333505177?offset=40)
- A Rag Rug
- Sock Monkey
- Hanging Jewelry Organizer
- Camera Case
- Key Chains (I used to collect them, but lost all of them due to the fire. Want to start it back up again!)
- Lip Balm keychain cozy
- "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" sign (http://www.wists.com/melindasaysrawr/59fb277c577495ba8f53941b611ad12c?offset=0)
- Scrabble Piece Pillows "M" and "D" (mine and the boyfriend's initials)
- Dream Catcher
- Some type of hat holder, to hang on the wall for the boyfriend's hats. (He only has 3, and switches out)
- Bedroom Door Sign "Melinda and Donnie's Room" or something along those lines
- Hair Clips, Hair Bows, Hair Bands, etc. (I have dark, naturally curly, thick hair)
- Wall Art (Paintings, signs, hooplas, any sizes!)
- Bathroom Rug (colors are orange/black with zebra stripe shower curtain)
- Change purse/ID case (http://www.wists.com/melindasaysrawr/3ab7af0e530a7a7753db247991d517c8?offset=40)
- Wristlet/Cell Phone Holder (http://www.wists.com/melindasaysrawr/0f226de3795a1c644139646ad17e3bff?offset=40)
- Jewelry (usually prefer silver over gold)
-Tree Of Life Necklace
- Decorations for the "kid's" room (where the nieces and nephews will be sleeping and playing when they come over)
- I-Spy bag to put in the playroom (this is for my enjoyment too Tongue)
- Puppy toys (we have 2 teacup chihuahuas, Penny and Joker. a long hair chihuaha, Ollie. and a pomeranian, Nick.)
- Something in memory of Blackie and Little Bear, furbabies we lost shortly after the fire Sad They are miss very much! You can find pictures here: (http://melindasaysrawr.tumblr.com/post/11028796655/rip-little-bear-and-blackie-i-miss-you-guys-soooo)
- Puppy Clothes for Penny and Joker (can send measurements if needed, they weigh about 1 pound a piece)
- Collars for Penny and Joker, they're so small and it's so hard to find one that fits!
- Anything for my boyfriend would be appreciated too! Especially shirts (size xl), he enjoys football, alcohol, Georgia Bulldogs, Atlanta Falcons, the color red, candles, Swap People, Storage Wars, and likes to pretend he is an American Picker haha He loves food, has no allergies, but isn't crazy about overly-chocolate things (but I love it, so who cares Tongue)
- Matching hemp bracelets, or something similar, for the boyfriend and I. one with my initials (MRC) and one with his (DRM)
- Candles
-A pretty turtle tattoo idea (drawing) to go on my foot, I can't seem to find one I like.
- Wind chimes
- Anything for Mom or Dad. Mom loves reading, suffers from migraines so scenty things wouldn't be good, any criminal show, tea, and Johnny Cash. Dad loves wind chimes, Tennessee Volunteers (yes, house divided haha), gardens/flowers, sweets (chocolate and peanut butter are a favorite) names are Glenda and Ronnie.

Craft Supplies
- Beads, Findings, Charms, etc.
- Any jewelry making goodies
- Beginers Card Making Kit
- Beginers Resin Making Kit
- Beginers Quilters Kit
- ModPodge
-Feathers!

Extras
-Post Cards (can be crafted, or bought. used to collect these too, but lost most of them in the fire.)
- Candy and baked goods (bought, crafted, what have you. I'm a sucker for sweets!)
- Recipes (the more frugal the better Tongue)
- Anything that your town is known for
- Pressed Pennies
- Surprise me! (:
- If you have them and don't use them, I'd love to get Coke reward point codes, McDonald's Monopoly game pieces, or Box Tops for Education.

NO ALLERGIES. Clean, used items are a-okay by me! Thank you!(:

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011 11:16:57 PM by melindasaysrawr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/neyney1991/

"To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
jennilocker
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011 07:40:30 AM »

Hi! I'm Jennifer from Mount Sterling, KY.  I will be 34 on 10/10.  I have a 2 year old named Zoe and she is pretty much the coolest person I know.  I am currently going back to college to get a teaching degree so I can teach high school art.  I love owls.  I love patchoulli. I am vegan so don't be throwing meat into your crafts for me.  Grin No fur but you can repurpose leather.  

Things I would love to receive:
A large dish mat like the one on my pinterest
A purse/wallet from wist
A fabric coiled purse
A surprise off my wist/pinterest  list would be loved!! It is a HUGE list so pack a lunch to look through it

Tie Dyed/Stenciled/decorated items:
long sleeve or short sleeve t-shirts, hoodies  (XL)

Supplies
Fabric paint pens
ceramic pens
Felt would prefer natural earthy colors (blues, greens, browns) but I will take any color!
The Doodle embroidery book on my wist
Water color supplies (paper, paint, masking fluid, brushes)
 ModPodge..
A rotary cutter ( used is fine )

Things that are probably WAY above a medium!
A warm poncho( sewn or knit)...something kinda plain but could have owls on it
Knit yoga socks
Poppet - any size, color, theme, etc for Zoe

Extras
Empty Glue Tubes pretty please!!
Altoid Tins
Scrabble Tiles
Snacks-dont have to be vegan since I live in a mixed household
Old craft magazines
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011 05:49:54 AM by jennilocker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

julieboolie

turtle, turtle!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011 04:15:42 PM »

Still working on this, but I wanted to go ahead and put my list on here! Smiley

About me: My name is Julie and I’m turning 19 on October 27.
I live in Charlotte, North Carolina with my parents and 10 year old brother. I’m a full time college student to become a clinical social worker; I want to work with youth in foster care. I am currently taking up ASL, and I love it! Smiley I work part time at a thrift/consignment store.

I have allergies to smoke! Incense, tobacco, etc. I’m really sensitive to the smell and it makes my allergies go ballistic!

I have a baby Red Ear Slider, that I am absolutely in love with, named Cheeseburger. I love anything and everything that has to do with turtles. I was peer pressured into buying my RES at a souvenir shop in Myrtle Beach last May, not realizing that it was illegal for them to be selling them and the expense following my “Buy the tank and rocks for $10, get the turtle FREE!!”-deal. I have been in love (and broke) ever since.

Color combinations: Earth tones; greens, browns, woodsy themed. Dark and light; deep purples, charcoal and light gray, Carolina blue. Vintage colors; olive green, burnt orange, mustard yellow, tan. Peacock Feathers, the actual thing and the colors in them. Smiley

I am also an FOC with a pretty detailed profile of likes and dislikes!

Crafted:
Sewed and Appliqued:
Wristlet
Hoopla. I don’t have a theme, I just want one!
Sewn stuffies. Creative and made up designs are my favorite.

Knit or crochet:
Slouchy hat
Skinny scarf
Cowl

Paper crafts:
A hand bound journal
Hand carved stamps

Jewelry:
Friendship or rope bracelets
Ear cuffs (not anything extravagant, think simple)

Misc:
Arty photographs
Small wall art

Anything inspired from my wists: http://www.wists.com/julieburke/
Anything with this quote: “To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.” (With or without quotation or -Ulysses)

Supplies:
Handspun yarn (Even a how-to kit would be nice!)
Crochet hooks—I’ve moved 6 times in the past 2 years and lost a lot of my supplies and crochet hooks so far have been the only thing that hasn’t been replenished.
Fabric glue, binding tape, iron on fuse, etc.
Pins/Pincushion
Purse making stuff: D-Rings, closures, etc.
Cardstock paper
BUTTONS!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011 05:04:26 PM by julieboolie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield"

Wists | Pinterest | Ravelry
ChevelleZombie
The dark Martha Stewart! :P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011 07:20:43 PM »

My Name is Sheila, I am going to be 25 years old this Saturday Oct. 15th! Cheesy I'M SO EXCITED THIS IS MY FIRST SWAP!!! Cheesy

I currently work for a firm here in Roswell, NM..I am obsessed with vintage items (mainly from 20s-70s esp kitchen ware, photographs, cameras and parts (working or not) )survival gear, paris, THE FLEUR DE LYS SYMBOL!!, damask design, French culture, spanish culture (as I am Mexican and Spanish), sugar skulls, Nightmare before Christmas, Dexter, Big Bang Theory, Martha Stewart, cooking shows, sock monkeys, regular cute monkeys and especially skulls in general!Halloween  is my fav time of yearI like making jewelry out of epoxy resin, sprinkles, small trinkets to put in the resin. I am an artist by trade thats how I make extra cash, I do photography, drawing with pencil and charcoal, as well as design work on PhotoshopMy favorite colors are blue, black, silver and any shade of pink esp. neon pink!  Im learning how to crochet (from youtube I dont have anyone I know whom can teach me) so if you have a simplified way of teaching or old instructional you can copy and send or even the originals that would be awesome!
I like homemade things and thrifty itemsI like the idea of reusing and recycled items, Im trying to get more into it

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE Cheesy!
I would like to receive anything I really like surprises, especially if you made it yourself (since this is a crafting website) I mainly love the thought and attention that someone has put into it!
I dont know how wists work but I do have an etsy with some saved items if you would like to know a little bit more about me:
http://www.etsy.com/people/ChevelleZombie/favorites?ref=pr_faveitems_more

CRAFTED ITEMS:
-FLUER DE LYS symbol (paintings, drawings, digital art, stamps)
-Slouchy hat (love the way they look and havent had any luck crocheting one sadly  )
-gloves, mittens
-shirts ( new or used is fine with me!--size 4x or 5x I like them extra baggy to use for sleeping or pjs )
-lotions, lip balms, perfumes
-candy, treats, sugar!!! Lol (Im not allergic to nuts or anything and I love sweets!)
-Sock monkey, regular cute monkey
-anything nightmare before Christmas
-cute name stuff for my bf and I (his name is Tony and I go by Sheila or Smo)
-change purse
-headbands
-scarves (infinity, extra long, thick)
-necklace, bracelets
-Photography
-wall art

CRAFT SUPPLIES:
-little items to put in resin molds
-epoxy resin molds (plastic or rubber)
-rubber stamps
-ModPodge
-Crocheting or instructions (originals, copies, your own instructions or even videos would help as well, I still dont know what Im doing! Lol)
-BABY FOOD GLASS OR PLASTIC JARS (PASTA SAUCE JARS, PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY JARS AS WELL WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!)
-Glitter
-epoxy resin kit
-Duct tape of any kind
-Dremill hand held sander (used is more than fine!)
-white or black tub calking sealant
-crayons, charcoal, chalk, mechanical pencils
-old broken watches to use for parts
-cardstock
-yarn
-knitting loom (ex: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=knitting+loom&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0 )

EXTRAS:
-Candy and baked goods
-recipes
-crafting magazines or any other magazines with interesting articles (Martha Stewart, womans day, cosmoetc)
-I would love to receive something from where you come from (post cards, pictures, trinkets, coins)
-Picture of who is sending the gift (so I can put in my memory box I am making)
-SURPRISE ME! ( I LOVE SUPRISES! IF YOU CAN THINK OF ANYTHING I MIGHT LIKE I WOULD LOVE TO RECEIVE IT!)

ALLERGIES:
**CAT HAIR/DANDER & SPINACH Tongue**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onecrazymom
different day, different craft!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011 01:29:47 PM »

Hello!!! My name is Jennifer (also!), and my birthday was the 11th.  I won't say how old I turned, let's just say that I'm the oldest in this bday swap so far....  Wink  I live outside of Memphis, Tn.  When I was younger, my family moved alot, so I've lived other places, too.  (my favorite by far is anywhere near the beach  Cheesy )I have two VERY energetic boys- ages 8 and 11.  Been married 13 years.  I have one cat (I lost my other earlier this year- she was 20, and I miss her tons!)We also have a turtle (red eared slider), 2 hermit crabs, a fish and a robo-hamster...quite the lot!  For the last 5 years I worked at a local scrapbook store, but am now home so I can keep track of family and school stuff.  Hopefully I'll head back to work next year. 

As far as my 'wishes':

COLORS:  LOVE red, all shades.  Then blues, greens, purple, deep, bold colors...not really into pastels or neons. I love turquoise, colors found in nature, the ocean (love, love, love the water...smell of the air...shells, all of it!), also love autumn and leaves, pumpkins, halloween, crunchy walks when there are leaves on the ground, also love the rebirth of spring- flowers everywhere, the smell of blooms, wildflowers, baby animals, fresh cut grass, I love art nouveau, French country style, and recycled things.....boy can I ramble!!!  Grin

CRAFTED WISH LIST:
*I've always wanted a set of fingerless gloves that go to my elbow...in stripes or a variety of colors! (I am about 5'7", and my arms are long if that helps!)   
*I love any kind of jewelry- you can check out my wists and pinterest!
*I LOVE coffee, so a mug-rug would be much used!
*I can't stuff any more ideas in my art-journal, so a new one would be great. 
*I love hats- we don't get real cold here in TN, but I do like to wear them in the fall and winter.  Kind of a slouchy one.
*I love wild socks- I wear a 9 1/2- don't mind wool either.
*we are trying to go green, so some re-usable snack and sandwich bags would ROCK.
*I love a variety of music, so a burned CD with any kind of music- surprise me!
*wind-chimes are great- I joined the recycled swap a while back and received a GREAT ONE- see in my photos.
*wall art- my studio still has a few bare spots!
*I am getting into upcycled t-shirts and sweaters, so one of those would be awesome!  (I wear a LARGE)
*I love stuffed animals (still!!) so a hand-made one would be much loved!  (especially monsters- cute ones!)
*A tree of life pendant
*I read, so a book cozy (if there is such a thing!  for med size paperback books...)
*embroidered things...not sure what, but it's something I wish I could do!
*soldered jewelry (steampunk-like!)
*My kids love Star Wars, Legos, Pixar Cars, and Lord of the Rings, so anything in that theme would be great, too!
*extras: coffee, candy

my wists:  http://www.wists.com/onecrazymom
my pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/onecrazymom/
my etsy: www.designsonawhim.etsy.com  I am doing a bunch of craft shows this fall, so I don't have anything listed...

I love surprises, too so if I didn't mention your specialty- -try me, I'm sure I'd love it!

CRAFT SUPPLIES:
paper supplies, vintage tags and ephemera, sheet music, foreign books (I collage), jewelry parts (beads, findings, wire), I sew a little, so maybe some lace, unusual fabric, wool that I can felt and make into small bags, I like making fabric flowers, so pieces of shiny fabric, floral patterns, BURLAP, felt...watch parts, glitter, sequins, BUTTONS, feathers, scrabble tiles, dominoes, bottlecaps, old game boards to reuse, old game parts, beach/sea glass, river rocks, in fact rocks and stones of any kind!   

NO allergies in this house, but I don't like smoke.

thats all I can think of right now...wanted to get this posted!  Any questions, just ask!  So excited to FINALLY make it into this swap   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ETSY shop! www.designsonawhim.etsy.com
My WISTS! http://www.wists.com/onecrazymom
My PINTEREST! http://pinterest.com/onecrazymom/

...even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas....
pjr107
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011 07:49:44 PM »

One of us is the oldest but our birthdays are the same OneCrazyMom!!! 

Hello. my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my fath.....oh wait, no, my name is Pauline (or PJ) and if you haven't guessed by now... I have a huge sense of humor even if its only to make me laugh!  My bday was also on the 11th and I live just outside of Philadelphia PA (yep, birthplace of America, my kids, Tastycakes.... important things Smiley  In my very very tiny home we have my 17 yr old DD and our 7 yr old DS with a mom who lives next door (and should be on one of those shows with lots and lots of stuff... hmmm... can't think of the name... starts with an H).  I also have two stepkids, 15 yr old TYPICAL teen gal and a very shy but sweet 13 yr old boy (yep, my family defiantly came out of a blender, but it works).  And we can't forget the 3 dogs and 8 guinea pigs (see... tiny house, blended with 3 generations family, too many pets... gotta have the sense of humor Grin)  Most of my days are spent sitting around watching bon-bons and eating soaps, er, no.... ok enough silly.  Its been one of those long days that just gets longer and longer and then you are too tired to care if it ends!
Crafts I do range greatly: polymer and earthen clay (raku specifically), crocheting, sewing, one stroke painting, and most things that I can get my hands into esp if it means making a mess.  I can't seem to knit so I do loom knitting (I crochet really slow and that's faster for me) and I've tried to scrapbook but I get overwhelmed with all the choices.  The most I do in papercrafting is make cards and cover composition books.  I would love to learn lampwork, took one class and looking for my next *fix* of it Smiley  I also enjoy photography and brewing beer with my hubby (I can't stand the taste but I make it anyway)

onto the fun lists:
Dragons, moose, Dr who, Disney, most animals, purples! and bold colors, sparkly and shiny things (yes, I have been accused of having "Crow" syndrome... oh look at that shiny thing...),  flowers, movies (includes musicals like Producers, Singing in the Rain and Grease to action like Raiders, Die Hard and Matrix to scifi/fantasy like Star Wars, Last Starfighter and Stardust), video games (Little Big Planet and the Lego games are our fav here in the house).  Enjoy reading when I get a moment, right now I'm reading Kelley Armstrong but I enjoy thrillers and mysteries too.  My favorite thing is when it snows, the sound outside as its falling and the beautiful morning afterwards.  Love Halloween cause ya get to dress up in costumes and not too many people look at you like you are crazy (oh wait, I am ....) 

Wish list:

--Yes, I do *LOVE* surprises!  I really love to craft and so I know what people put into making something for someone and YES, I do mean it!  Surprises are the best!
--Stuffies are well loved in my house, I keep doing the stuffie swaps and my son keeps taking them from me.  But I know where he sleeps....
--I got a new car last year and I am attempting to keep it neat and organized.... I saw one that someone crochet for their new car a while ago and said, "hey, that would be awesome".  will try and pin it if I can find it again... but... I keep a book in the car, my son has his legos in there... and I wouldn't mind a keeper for tissues or babywipes. oh, car is red vw jetta tdi.  kinda sad cause we now own 4 vws, two tdis and two karman ghias.  My ghias dont always work but they are that labor of love!
--zip up hoodie would be great, i'm a xl-2xl (I like them big cause I layer or hide a kid in my coat). 
--Jewelry is good, I don't wear it as often as I would like but my DH and I go to the local theater every six weeks and we make sure to dress up just to make each time special.  Either gold or silver accents, longerish is ok but not too long for a necklace.  Pierced ears and yes, I can wear bracelets but not too big (have a tiny wrist).
--bags!  I am the bag queen of my house and I almost always have my extra bag to carry whatever in.  My friend laughed at me this summer when she saw that I carried an extra reuseable bag in my purse.  It's better than a store bag anyday and our local store carries them in the $1 bin so I can get different ones and stuff my little guy's snack in it and not worry about when it is forgotten in the bag (ick) or when he leaves it for the dog to eat (ick again).  Backpacks are great, loads of pockets are perfect!  I have one small purse that can fit my wallet and a skein of yarn in it.. and someone just made me another one which is holding my crochet ring supplies in it right now.
--this is a long shot but something to put my clay tools into.  I work in earthen clay and I'm having trouble keeping track of my tools (thanks to those little fingers).  I dont think a roll up would be idea cause it would get coated with clay too much.  I have a small tool box for the little items and a bag for my stamps, texture sheets.  I'll even just take suggestions too Smiley

Supplies:

--Unusual finds!  I am trying to add different things into my work from actual items to unusual textures.
--rubber stamps... mostly general texture/designs that are larger cut with not a lot of small details, they tend to get lost.  Not that I don't ever use them!
--paint brushes.  yes, I kill mine in glazing and hard to keep the painting ones separate sometimes!
--beads, larger holed.  Please, not plastic unless its really really cool or doesn't look like plastic. I use them for crochet cocktail rings (6mm beads on average) and  I figured out the best gift for the teachers are beaded bracelets strung on memory wire(and yes the men have taken them for their wives... we haven't hit any walls yet with this gift).  Its easy enough for my youngest to do and sophisticated enough for my teen to do.  Our teachers seem to like to get that better than the food option cause they are always on a diet.  which leads into ....
--memory wire for bracelets. and this leads into ....
--felt!  bet you didn't think I was going there Smiley  Actually, it is one of the many uses cause its best for putting the beads down on so they don't run away.  But felt gets used for everything in my house from crafting to placing under clay pieces. 
--beading elastic.  I make those crochet cocktail rings (like from the 70's) and I use mostly black but I've gotten other colors. 

If this list isn't long enough.. let me know.  I feel so greedy but I'm just trying to be more specific than I usually am.  It boils down to this.... I'm a tshirt and jeans kinda gal who have way to much stress in my life and there are some days that I can't get out of bed.  I craft because it saves me and I assume that anyone else who crafts has that same sort of compulsion; you have to love it to make it.  So just about anything you make I will love too!

Rambling done, back to crafting!
Pauline

**We have DOG hair in our house, let me know if you are allergic!  No known allergens other than me being allergic to housework and my kids somedays**
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lullababy
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011 12:55:29 PM »

Hey my name is Laura. I'm turning 27 this October 29. I love my birthday, haha, it's a big deal for me.
I live in Barrington RI. I work as a human services professional in a couple of different caregiving jobs, and I also go to school full time as a social work major. I'm all about caring about people, having a big heart, being passionate, etc. I'm also an anarchist, a zinester, and craftster. I love indie rock/punk/etc music. I'm big on Japanese culture and I love dia de los muertos (Day of the Dead). I make all kinds of stuff but it's hard to describe them. I make zines out of ephemera I collect over the years and I write my thoughts in my zine. At a local anarchist organization, I am starting a zine library collection! Really excited about that. I kind of have an obsession with hello kitty. I'm a feminist and interested in learning about motherhood even though I am not one or planning on being one quite yet. I'm a passionate vegan, most of the time.

Crafted items I'd like to receive:
A anatomical heart plushie
Cool embroidered art work with any themes such as (strong bold ladies, hearts, sayings, bright colors, dia de los muertos, halloween, etc)
Found object necklaces (I kind of have a big neck, keep this in mind please)
Vegan Soap
Vegan Candles
Yummy smelling vegan lip balm
Sugar scrubs (vegan of course, hah)
Mini shrine boxes with cool designs
Zines
handmade children's books that teach a lesson
octopus, squid, hedgehog, jellyfish, whale amigurumi or plushie
cute cooking apron-in red, turquoise, or purple

craft supplies:
embroidery floss
funky fabric scraps
faux fur (especially bright unnatural colors)
ephemera for zines (such as foreign/vintage children's books, sheet music, vintage ads, obscure magazine pages, security envelope insides, any diagrams for appliances, bikes, etc, maps, etc!
origami paper
vintage polyester floral fabric (about a yard's worth)
oilcloth
cardboard letter sets
any type of printmaking supplies such as water soluble block ink, block printing blocks (i forget what the name of these are called. they're like a tan color and kind of rubbery feeling)
Japanese deco tape
non current (over a year old) fashion magazines
glitter

extras:
Halloween decorations
yummy vegan recipes
bicycle images/ anything with bicycles on them
typewriter images/anything with typewriters on them
surprises that go along with this list.

I'm not allergic to anything that I can think would be a problem (unless your house is filled with dust and mold). I will however, not be happy if my items smell like cigarettes, I'll probably throw it out since I can't stand that smell. Also, I'm a vegan so if you don't know if an item you are considering to give me is vegan or not, it's best to avoid or ask me about it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Candied Clementines
Tangy Vinaigrette Recipe
How to Make Lemon Meringue Pie
Cumin Salad Dressing Recipe
How to Make a Graham Cracker Crust
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...