A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,164
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Fiber Swap (Sign-up: Oct. 1 to 17; Send by: Nov. 21)  (Read 13903 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011 12:13:44 PM »

Hmmm....I'm a maybe on this one....I have a lot of undyed stuff, not much roving though. I was thinking of putting in a big order of corriedale soon though anyway....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011 12:17:06 PM »

This is exciting! But I hate having all 5 of my swap spots taken. Man, I wish she would just give feedback for the potholder swap. I know you want to back feed as many people as you can at once but really? I sent like 2 weeks and it has already been posted and I've even already received and posted myself! GAH! I may just wait a few days before I send in my Q. Don't let me forget to do that, I really do want to join!

So I've never done any spinning of any sort but I'm really interested in getting started. Would this be the place to start? I don't want anyone to feel like they've been stuck with a noob.
I would think this would be good swap for a beginner. What you may not realize about us fiber lovers is that we want everyone else to join us and jump at every chance we get to turn convert induce um... whatever... new fiber lovers!

Oh, and Belladune you know damn well we would all love your fresh locks. And we would all love sending to you. I won't lay claim on you because I have already had that blessing, but I would not complain if it came back down to me and you. You did help in my turning to the fiber side.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
MizzKodak
THE BIGGER THE BETTER

ALWAYS

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011 03:01:54 PM »

Yay! im in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking For Mystery Science Theater 3000 Stuff Let's Swap!

Like Severus I Do It All For Love

Check Out My Etsy Shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MizzKodaksTrunk?ref=pr_shop_more
MizzKodak
THE BIGGER THE BETTER

ALWAYS

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2011 03:09:35 PM »

I forgot to add my Ravelry username to my questionnaire, its KnitVonPurl, for my future partner
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking For Mystery Science Theater 3000 Stuff Let's Swap!

Like Severus I Do It All For Love

Check Out My Etsy Shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MizzKodaksTrunk?ref=pr_shop_more
SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2011 03:59:14 PM »

Ugh, I'm too broke to swap but thought I'd chime in that this kind of swap is a great one for beginning spinners. We have actually had fiber only type swaps, I've organized more than one. They are always super awesome and we've had plenty of new spinners get started in them. They are a fantastic place to learn from more experienced spinners for sure.  Here is a gallery link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=321679.0 to the Low Stress Fiber Swap from last year.

I look forward to seeing the goods!

And MizzKodak, I responded to you. I hope you can understand my gibberish. lol I'm not much of a teacher but I did figure out how to spin and with patience and practice, practice, so will you! We have tons of knowledgeable spinners here at Craftster! They taught me most everything I know. Them and YouTube. Wink
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011 04:00:39 PM by SewMamaLady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2011 06:23:29 PM »

I know you want to back feed as many people as you can at once but really? I sent like 2 weeks and it has already been posted and I've even already received and posted myself!

you know you can submit a help desk to the swap mods and they can give you feedback?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

seabound23
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2011 06:50:04 PM »

I just sent my questionnaire in. I'm really excited and kinda nervous about this!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2011 07:52:01 PM »

I know you want to back feed as many people as you can at once but really? I sent like 2 weeks and it has already been posted and I've even already received and posted myself!

you know you can submit a help desk to the swap mods and they can give you feedback?

Nah, I have an open spot and I'm (finger's crossed) sending out 2 more tomorrow so I should be fine. We do still have 2 weeks before I have to get my Q in. I just don't like filling that last spot because you never know... I can be patient!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2011 09:39:23 PM »

totally caved.

So I've never done any spinning of any sort but I'm really interested in getting started. Would this be the place to start? I don't want anyone to feel like they've been stuck with a noob.
I'm thinking this would be a good place to start.  So long as you were paired with someone who could either build you a spindle.  And if you need advice on where to buy roving or fiber, we'd all send you in the right direction Smiley 

I agree with belladune. I'm sure someone could send you a spindle as your medium item. I suggest putting it out there on this thread that you're looking for someone who can send you a spindle and maybe some instructions.

If anyone wants to partner themselves, I'm totally OK with that (the only condition is once you've asked someone and they agree to be your partner, I need BOTH partners to message me and confirm).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2011 09:42:55 PM »

Ugh, I'm too broke to swap but thought I'd chime in that this kind of swap is a great one for beginning spinners. We have actually had fiber only type swaps, I've organized more than one. They are always super awesome and we've had plenty of new spinners get started in them. They are a fantastic place to learn from more experienced spinners for sure.  Here is a gallery link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=321679.0 to the Low Stress Fiber Swap from last year.

Thank you for the link! I'll add it to the first post ASAP! I used the search engine here on craftster for "Fiber swap" and I just got posts in swaps about possibly swapping fiber. I knew I should have dug a bit deeper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an Oil Painting From an Image in Paint.NET
How to Create an Outline Text Effect in Photoshop CS3
How to Create Circular Text on a Path in Photoshop CS3
How to Create Crumpled Paper in Photoshop CS3
How to Create Old Burnt Parchment Paper in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...