(I think this is my first completed project post, I don't yet have enough coffee in my system to remember...)
I pulled a brief stint working at JoAnn Fabrics and hoarded beaucoup fabric, knowing in the back of my mind that I wasn't going to be staying long. I picked up a lot of quilter's cotton as it was inexpensive and easy-care - perfect for a growing toddler's wardrobe. The tutorial is from vegbee's blog (indietutes.blogspot
.com) and the raglan-sleeve/peasant-style is perfect for customization. The pants outfit is all quilter's cotton and the dress is lightweight corduroy with quilter's cotton contrast. My deeeeee-luxe Singer decided to hate me so I had to pick up an inexpensive Brother to get over my depression and when I added the elastic around the waist of the dress there was some kind of cataclysmic failure re: elastic zig-zag stitches. I added the ribbon to hide the mess.
They are really much better looking in action, and from the front view, but the model is 17months old. 'Nuff said.
edit:mmm, okay. I'm having problems with posting pics - off to drink some more coffee and figure it out...