A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WIP Wednesday - Sept. 28  (Read 812 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 28, 2011 12:28:44 PM »

Since no one posted I figured it could be my turn. I just finished my cowl and only have 2 things on my needles right now so here they are:
My loch ness monster just needs her back flipper finished and tail stuffed and sewn.

Any my first pair of socks. They're the twilight pattern from the two-at-a-time socks book. They're top down:

I plan to do a gauge swatch for my Burnside Tunic tonight.
What's everyone else got on the go?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011 02:48:01 PM »

Your little Nessie is so cute! And socks, so addictive! I finished my first pair recently, and I have two others on the go Cheesy

Kroy FX toe-up socks.

Hand-dyed nylon/acrylic pencil roving toe-up socks.

I'm also getting close to completion on my Rodarte inspired crop-sweater. I had abandoned this months ago!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dawn0684

You know what? It doesn't matter.

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011 03:03:45 PM »

I'm also working on socks. This is the first time I've done toe-up socks. It took a little getting use to because it felt so backwards but now that I've got the hang of it, it's moving along nicely.

Also, next time I decide to use self striping yarn I'm going to make sure I start the balls on the same ends, hopefully these socks don't look too weird with the patterns not matching exactly.

(I put the pin sock A so I could keep track of where I started, but now that I see the color difference I guess I could take it out)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps
dawn0684

You know what? It doesn't matter.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011 03:05:48 PM »

It seems like socks are a popular item on the board right now. Making socks gets me excited for more winter projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps
Tephra
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011 03:18:05 PM »

No photos this week, but I finished the linen stitch doll skirt. I didn't even touch the sewing thread project though.

The sleeves for my sweater are about 5" long. Considering I need them around 22" before I do the cap shaping.... you'll be seeing them in progress again before I finish.  Cheesy

I started some doll panties because the skirt is rather short when she sits. Then I accidentally snapped the thin yarn while frogging back a bit on those so they're in a time out.

I'm resisting the urge to cast on Annis with a ball of Patons Lace I bought on impulse.

I may give into the urge to start a hat though, since I do need to consider Christmas.

Remarkably, no socks on the needles at the moment.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bminks

dum spiro spero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011 05:05:57 PM »

Wow, so many socks! Socks are still a little intimidating to me, so I'm impressed.
And that nessie is too adorable!

It's been forever. I kinda stopped knitting once I started grad school but I've realized how much I've missed it. I'm currently working on this bowtie pattern, I'll try to get picks up tomorrow. I'm also going to cast on some gloves for the upcoming winter and I'm going to make some yarn out of a beautiful woven scarf I have in order to make.. a scarf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandyandbingley
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011 06:10:10 PM »

So many socks! Fun! Cheesy 

I'm currently working on finishing up my dog's sweater. I did half of it, then put it aside back in July, and since I want my #8 needles back, it's time to finish, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011 06:38:36 PM »

Dawn, I do the same thing! I put the safety pin on the side of the sock where my "beginning" is.

Bminks, that is the cutest little tie! And imagine that, dismantling a scarf to make a scarf, LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faux_Valentine
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011 06:54:30 PM »

I have a few projects on the needles i thought i'd share with you all!

My Mrs. Darcy cardigan is almost finished going to start decreasing in a round or two Im so exicted i've made this sweater in almost no time at all i started it at the very end of august with school starting and im almost finished with it now.

Next is my Cerus scarf i Cast on this morning and started knitting on it. I had to start this 3 time. CO 433 Stitches 3 times SUCKS!
heres a close up of it:

and of the yarn:

and finally since every one else is showing off their socks these are my garden gate socks

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011 08:45:11 PM »

Awesome socks everyone! Guess since it's getting colder everyone is planning on keeping their feet warm. Love the scarf colours and your cardi Faux_Valentine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create New Sequences Quickly in Premiere Pro CS5
What Not to Do During an Acting Audition
Good Advice for Young Directors
How to Approach a Monologue in Acting
How to Cast Actors for a Play
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...