A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
407 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mystery Critter Swap GALLERY (send by Oct. 4th)  (Read 20561 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pjr107
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011 06:00:06 AM »

I love the pouch!! They are so cute and every critter should have a friend Smiley

Omg i WANT that dragon pattern!!  Have to wait for simplicity to go on sale....

-pj
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FeliciaSlayDCRG
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011 06:35:06 AM »

Pfew.... I was having swap anxiety.  I'm glad you like it, d3v14n7!  

I used to work at a fabric store for a few years.  And I've got thousands of patterns.  After I finally stopped working there, I realized, that I had tons of doubles.  So I gift the interesting doubles occasionally.  Smiley  Since d3v14n7's questionnaire said she enjoyed sewing, I decided to surprise her.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011 06:35:55 AM by FeliciaSlayDCRG » THIS ROCKS   Logged

susanab
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011 06:38:39 AM »

Those patterns are really nice extras. Im a fool for pouched critters! Esp when theresalittle one inside--cute! I love the apron--it has a real look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
mamarose22
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011 08:29:45 AM »

The critter and her baby reminds me of a Russian nesting doll with her baby.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
silentblair
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011 08:11:54 PM »

Is that a cute yellow bow on her ear? So adorable!
I also think that pink fabric is cool.
It's either the allergy meds or coolness that made me spend more time than I should've staring at it.
I'm going with coolness!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

julieboolie

turtle, turtle!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011 06:07:18 PM »

Wow, I completely missed the gallery. How did that happen?
I'm excited for my critter to get here! Cheesy

The expected delivery date for the package I sent to JLedbetter is tomorrow, so hooray! More critters soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield"

Wists | Pinterest | Ravelry
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011 07:13:15 PM »

Here goes - get ready to be totally in awe - and jealous too - but they're mine, all mine!!
I received from silentblair today, and was going to wait to open it until I finished my package for her, but alas, my willpower was so weak tonight.  Look what I got - first, "Bandit of the Forest - RACCOON mystery critter" He's so cute - look at that masked face!  The fabric silentblair used is fabric that I had on my wist - I love this forestland creature with his flowery mask (and tail - you'll see that in a minute!)

Next - one of my favorite TV shows is Mad Men, so of course, silentblair created the most amazing little pouch for me - Don Draper, so cool on the couch, will his cig dangling in his hand - AS A GNOME - A SMOKING GNOME - who but silentblair would have been so clever  - I LOVE THIS POUCH THE BEST OF THE WHOLE LOT, but I love it all, so it's kinda difficult to single just the pouch out - but I'm going to anyway - okay, I'll shut up and let you see:

HOW COOL IS THAT, I ASK YOU!!!!
Next is Bandit from behind (next to Don) showing off his tail (same fabric as the mask - one of my favorites)-

that's not a great picture, kindy blurry, I was just so excited to have these things as my own!

Okay - on to the extra extras - a giraffe bookmark (silentblair crocheted this for me when I said I liked giraffes), and mini critter PINCUSHION - he's so cute too.  He's also a crocheted creature - that is crocheted, isn't it - or is it knitted - is the giraffe knitted too?  It's been too long since I crocheted, I cannot tell - but both of these items are wonderful too - and goldfish crackers - I really like goldfish crackers for a snack, and thankfully the critters in my package did not eat them -

and

this last picture has Bandit sideways, showing off his tail again.

This swap package was over the top from silentblair - She is amazing with her skill - I need to wind down now, and go back to my sewing.  My package will pale next to hers, but I'm sending it anyway - I think she and her kiddos will enjoy it - thank you, silentblair - you know me all too well!  I mean it - thanks from the bottom of my heart.  You really made my day after a crummy two weeks at work!  You are a sweetheart - I love it all!   Cheesy  

« Last Edit: September 30, 2011 11:10:49 PM by fiddlegirl8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011 07:43:02 PM »

I must agree with fiddlegirl--silentblair, you are awesome!  I am especially interested to see how everyone interpreted the critter pattern, and the raccoon with a flowery mask is great!  (I don't have to ask why he's green; I've swapped with fiddlegirl before, and I know her favorite color is green!) The whole package is great because it is personally tailored to your partner.  I'm going "Awwww" over the cute little pincushion.

How did you get the silhouette on the pouch fabric?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
FeliciaSlayDCRG
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011 08:04:13 PM »

I love the little tail!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

susanab
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011 08:26:04 PM »

Oooooo!
I love this mystery critter. I love the mask and that is awesome fabric. Piecing it like that really gives it a great shape and look-I love that you did that. Ditto on. Leslie's question. How did you get that great silhouette?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011 08:27:50 PM by susanab » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Zombie Edible Brains
Meet the Maniac Pumpkin Carvers and Their Cool Pumpkins
The Making of the Wired Design Logo at TechShop, San Francisco
DIY Gourd Candles
Shinola: American Made Watches and Bikes
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...