A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,030
Currently Running With Scissors:
726 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Givers and needers R10 (signups till Sept 30 Givers: Oct 25, Needers: Nov 10)  (Read 44003 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011 12:38:50 PM »

Giver! Mostly just fabric and scraps.
I think I forgot to mention something on my Q but I don't remember what.
I did send to both orgs but separately. I spelled Tiffi wrong the first time, somehow.
Question: if someone sees a giver they want can they request that person? Like if someone saw my post about my fabric stash and decided they wanted my scraps (or whatever) could they say "hey I want Jex to send me a bunch of blue scraps so hook me up with that b****?"
You know, just for clarification for any needers, really.
By the way, I would totally be down with going through my scraps and organizing them by colors and ironing them before I send them, in case anyone is interested Wink. I know it's a long shot but someone on said stash post mentioned other people would probably be interested in my scrap stash for some reason. Thought I'd throw it out there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011 01:20:59 PM »

Sent in my questionnaire to both organizers. For giver & needer Smiley
thanks, this is an awesome swap idea. I have some stuff that I have a huge surplus of, and other things I want/need but don't have any.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiffi_333
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011 01:22:28 PM »

i think they could mention that they would like that person, like i did with rlynn(though she isnt willing to ship to canada, so im not that lucky lol). its really what they want compared to what is being offered by other people. of course we would try to pair people with who they say they want because it really is about pairing them with the best partner for them and it would clearly be a good match if we paired them with who they clearly wanted. the only problem would be if more than one person says they want to be paired with someone specific, then im sure it would go to the person who lines up the best with the questionnaire they filled out, or maybe whoever says it first...thats something that would be dealt with when actually pairing people together.

wow i looked at the stash post you have and i cant believe how much you have. i think it would be good to pair you with someone who does quilts because that is the best was to eat through the scraps quickly ill make sure to keep an eye out.. if someone signs up that does that kinda thing ill see if moonlit can pair them with you Smiley
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011 03:15:30 PM by tiffi_333 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011 04:58:00 PM »

I think I'll sign up as a giver and a needer. I've got a bunch of random things I can send, and I could always use more yarn and sock yarn. Plus I've got a bunch of patterns for just about everything I can send.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faux_Valentine
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011 08:34:13 PM »

I am going to keep an eye on this swap. Ive been thinking for weeks that i really need to go through my fabric stash and this would give me a chance to do that and help some one else out and i really need some yarn and other knitting supplies as im running low. and since this is a 'low effort' swap i should be allowed to do it with the little to no time i have these days
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011 09:35:03 PM »

i think they could mention that they would like that person, like i did with rlynn(though she isnt willing to ship to canada, so im not that lucky lol)

Can I change that?  Wink  I'll send you a PM as well.  I was thinking it would cost me an arm and leg but I just checked the prices and it isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I thought flat rate was the same for all "non-US" destinations.  Not so. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dannispring240
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011 11:30:41 PM »

I sent my application! I cant waittttt Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
lacey0828
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011 05:30:36 AM »

Sent in my questionnaire!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011 06:44:32 AM »

Are we filling a flat rate box?

Anyone thinking of being a needer for scrapbook supplies? I need to clear out my stash of things that sit there and I never use... I'm normally good about that but right now it's overflowing. I have some jewelry supplies but not enough to fill a box. Enough to include as an extra Smiley

I do a ton of crafts on a regular basis so I can sign up to be a needer for most anything lol. What I'm really desperate for are things like canvas paper, water color paper, paint, any book binding supplies. Also, I'll never refuse yarn Wink Oh! and oversized tshirts to turn into yarn. I'd be filled with glee if I just got a box of tshirts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffi_333
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011 07:46:31 AM »

you are filling any sized box you are willing to send. the only expectation is that you dont send stuff that really cannot be used by anyone or that is damaged. the package can be open, half used, or anything else really as long as its possible to do crafting with whatever it is still. the size is up to you because people would be happy to receive any sized package with craft goodies to help them out.

rlynn-thankyou for letting us know you are willing to ship to canada, itll definitely be kept in mind when moonlitsun pairs everyone up.

thanks everyone for sending in you questionnaires, we're more than happy to have you guys in the swap Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Coconut Sticky Rice
Learn to Make Nam Prik Noom
How to Make Traditional Indian Shrimp Curry
Homemade Indian Chicken Recipe With Creamy Corn Risotto
Making Ghanta Tarkari in Bhubaneshwar, India
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...