A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DC Blackest Night circle skirt  (Read 5120 times)
Tags for this thread: green_lantern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stillawkward
The Craft Avenger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009 01:58:20 AM »

That skirt is 27 kinds of awesome.

You have totally inspired me. I need something equallly awesome for ComicCon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live every week like it's Shark Week
IHeartMstrChief

Imperial Beagle!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009 08:39:06 AM »

I....I must have!

I....hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea...eventually....I have so many things on my list, once I get started my lit for me will be forgotten until after Christmas! haha!

That is simply amazing, I love this!

If I minded someone borrowing my idea, then I wouldn't have shared it.  Frankly, this is too nifty an idea to keep just for me.  All I'd ask is that when you do make one, you'd post it somewhere so that someone else might be inspired to make one too.  Wink

Yes ma'am! I think I am going to attempt to tackle the Batman Dynasty stuff...(Not hard, I know, but I'm a diehard fan of the Bat)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Morra Sutherland
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009 01:35:53 PM »

Oooh, the Batman stuff would be great for a project like this!  So many variations on the same sort of symbol, and so many complimenting colours to work with.  You could even alternate the various Bat-family folks with Gotham's villains.

One thing you might want to look for is the plethora of Batman-themed fabric that's out there.  The patterns on them are a bit busy for large panels in my opinion, but would be great for the skirt's waistband or maybe a bottom ruffle.  There's also sometimes some nifty stuff on eBay once in a while, like lightly/never used kids' bedsheets and clothing sets, that would also be good for this purpose.

Another thing that might be fun to try out if you do happen to have/get some of this colourful novelty fabric is to make Bat symbols from them (instead of their proper colour) and then applique them onto a very "I-am-the-night" black or Gotham grey material.  Then it would be like seeing splashes of Batman vs Joker or the Batmobile or what-have-you.  Could be nifty.... hmm... might actually have to try this idea out for myself, LOL.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plumbucket

Guard girl/Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009 02:22:33 PM »

I found the images online (web searched "green lantern symbols" if I remember correctly, and found an *.ai file of them on a green lantern fanboard), and then cross-referenced them with pictures of the Blackest Night merchandise and the teaser comics that have come out already.  It took a bit of re-sizing in an art program to get them all uniform, though.

Sounds like a lot of work, but it must've been worth it.  You are one geek chic (to quote your post) chickadee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Guardie for life.

I am really interested in doing a personal swap, especially for greener things like reusable lady items, wool dryer balls, or other such things.  I can knit, sew, draw, and put things together in pretty neat ways.  Please PM me if you're interested.
TokyoPochi
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2009 12:56:27 AM »

This is awesome! Great work, and way better than the standard comic book t-shirt or other bit of geeky clothing. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014 02:29:46 PM »

This project has been pinned to Craftster's Superhero Crafts pinboard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Cat Mask
How to Make a Fox Mask
How to Make a Witch Mask
How to Make a Paper Plate Mask
How to Make a Plague Doctor Mask
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...