A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crazy Collage Wallet! with REAL LIVE tute and working pics!  (Read 3805 times)
Tags for this thread: pbw_challenge_wallet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mye
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006 06:34:40 AM »

Ha! Sure thing.. I'm so flattered.

Basically you cut out a bunch of pictures or logos and glue them on overlapping on a piece of regular old paper... You could glue them on the wrong side of patterned paper for more color.

Then you cut out a piece that is maybe a inch and a half to 2 inches longer than the length of a dollar plus the length of a card and is about an inch taller than a dollar out of the collaged paper. Cut out another piece that is a bit longer(maybe an inch) than a dollar and about as tall. Cut 2 more pieces that are about a 1/4 inch longer and half inch shorter than your cards, all 3 of these pieces out of collaged paper. Cover all of these with clear tape (to seal it and for strength. Tape on these pieces in the way that you can see from the pics- long dollar pocket on the left and bottom edges, card pockets overlapping each other on the right and bottom edges. Oh, make the dollar pocket 2 times as big as the card pockets so it folds nicely. Sorry for the quick tute- probably have a better one later!

No, that actually helped me a lot, thank you so much!

just one more thing - why do you tape the pieces together instead of sew them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
owl be there
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006 06:01:44 PM »

thanks for the tute!

Ha! Sure thing.. I'm so flattered.

Basically you cut out a bunch of pictures or logos and glue them on overlapping on a piece of regular old paper... You could glue them on the wrong side of patterned paper for more color.

Then you cut out a piece that is maybe a inch and a half to 2 inches longer than the length of a dollar plus the length of a card and is about an inch taller than a dollar out of the collaged paper. Cut out another piece that is a bit longer(maybe an inch) than a dollar and about as tall. Cut 2 more pieces that are about a 1/4 inch longer and half inch shorter than your cards, all 3 of these pieces out of collaged paper. Cover all of these with clear tape (to seal it and for strength. Tape on these pieces in the way that you can see from the pics- long dollar pocket on the left and bottom edges, card pockets overlapping each other on the right and bottom edges. Oh, make the dollar pocket 2 times as big as the card pockets so it folds nicely. Sorry for the quick tute- probably have a better one later!

No, that actually helped me a lot, thank you so much!

just one more thing - why do you tape the pieces together instead of sew them?

it probably works out the same but i find wen i sew paper [paint chip wallet!] sometimes the holes are kind of big and the thread can come out....and ya. but it probably works out the same.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Exeter_Flud
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006 07:29:38 PM »

Oh gosh, I don't mean it to be.
Its a walking advertisement

Haha oh oh sorry! I didn't mean for that statement to be so harsh! Its a lovely wallet darling. Very creative.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kiss Me, Hold Me, Eat Me...
funkyandfried
Inertia is a property of matter.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006 04:18:01 PM »

it probably works out the same but i find wen i sew paper [paint chip wallet!] sometimes the holes are kind of big and the thread can come out....and ya. but it probably works out the same.

Well, I didn't sew this one- I just used plenty of tape. Wink I sewed my paint chip pencil case, though. But that's another story.

Its a walking advertisement

Haha oh oh sorry! I didn't mean for that statement to be so harsh! Its a lovely wallet darling. Very creative.

Ha! Oh thanks. I was thinking you were being an old meany. Grin But you weren't.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

early to bed and early to rise, and you'll meet few of our best people.
funkyandfried

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006 07:39:18 PM »

TUTE McMUFFERS!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2006 09:17:25 AM by funkyandfried » THIS ROCKS   Logged

funkyandfried

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006 06:38:22 PM »

Hope y'all can see the pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sydnimeehan
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011 10:55:34 PM »

so precious! I've been needing a new wallet, so this will be a fun project Smiley Thanks for the tut!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LuckySeasons
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011 12:39:36 PM »

Check out Luckyseasons.com for additional items you may need.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Foolproof Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
How to Make Hungover Donut Holes
How to Make Batman Cupcake Toppers
How to Make Captain America Cupcake Toppers
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Brie Grilled Cheese Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...