A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,209
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Easy Cute White and Red Garter Belt! with tute  (Read 2497 times)
Tags for this thread: garter_belt , white , lingerie , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftgirlie
« on: September 23, 2011 05:27:49 PM »

Hey everybody (: I made another garter belt but this time with different colors. Overall it’s basically the same tute as my black and white one, but I have more pics and a little more detail on how to scrunch the middle part together. Also I used a few different materials.
This one is white with small black polka dots and red bows.

I used:

1 oldish v neck spaghetti strap shirt
2 old removable bra straps
2 old bra hooks (the plastic part)
some elastic
needle and thread and/or sewing machine
and some bows

You can see pretty much all the steps in my pictures.

I started out by cutting the top of the spaghetti strap shirt off so I had the connected two triangle pieces. Then I cut the lace off of the bottom of the shirt to use later and tossed out the middle part. You only need the top part and the lace from the bottom to make this garter belt. (In my pictures I didn’t cut enough of the middle out the first time so I had to cut a bit more off in the “cut more off” picture.)
Next I cut the straps off of where they were connected in the front of the shirt. I left them connected in the back to use as the back straps later.
Then I took the garter belt (top triangle part) and sewed the lace from the bottom of the shirt to the top of the garter belt (the straight part).
Then I cut a straight line down the middle of the garter belt. I did not cut through the lace so look at the picture of the red “cut line” to see where to cut! Next I synched up the middle with a needle and thread by sewing the point in the "V" of the v neck to the straight edge where the lace starts. Now there are two little triangles inside the garter belt, that’s the extra fabric from the line that was cut. Then I just sewed them both down on the inside of the garter belt. (You can see it in the pictures.)
Then I sewed one bow on each of the points of the triangle pieces on the front, and one bow in the middle where the scrunched v point is. Then I added a bow at the top of each of the back straps as well.
Okay, now for the straps. Because I used old bra straps, the pieces that will connect to the garter belt and stockings are more of “hooks” rather than traditional garter belt “clips”.
Same as last time, just sew a small piece of elastic onto the top of the inside of the front and back of your stockings (2 per stocking, 1 front and 1 back).
Then do the same on your garter belt, 2 on the front (1 on the inside of each triangle). We don’t have to sew any on the back this time because those are already connected (the original shirt straps). Make sure your small elastic pieces are sewn onto the stockings and garter belt VERTICALLY. Then the bra strap clips will hook right in easily, and then the straps are removable.
Now if you hook the straps onto the garter belt and they are too long (they go past where the tops of your stockings will be on you) then you can shorten them by cutting a correctly sized piece out and re sewing it back together. Remember that bra straps are adjustable so you may not have to do any sewing of the straps at all, just adjust them. I had to cut and sew to shorten my 2 front garter belt straps on my black and white garter belt from last time.
This time I actually just used my front straps from my black and white garter belt for the front straps on this garter belt. Since they are removable, they are interchangeable.
On the white and red garter belt, the back straps don’t have any hooks yet. So I took some hooks from old strapless bra straps and sewed them onto the bottoms of my back straps. If they are too long, cut them shorter before you sew the hooks on.
and then your all done (:

Pics:

http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n618/craftgirlie/White%20Garter%20Belt/

hope you like it (: it's easy to make!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011 04:15:23 AM by photojenn - Reason: img » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftgirlie
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011 05:31:52 PM »

I will have a picture of the completed front up in a couple days! Just need to sew on one more bow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zadok
creative slacker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012 09:14:51 PM »

Awsome idea, I think I'll have to try it sometime. ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jill-of-most-trades, attempter of most Wink
~will do personal swaps~
https://pinterest.com/zadok1175/

http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php?n=2 Swap books for free! XD
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Inmates in Ohio Enroll in a Crochet Program
A Man Builds a Dollhouse for His Daughter
How to Make Subway Art
Toilet Paper Roll Artwork
How to Make a Pregnancy-Belly Cast
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...