A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
370 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WIP Wednesday - Sept 21  (Read 762 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 21, 2011 03:46:59 AM »

Sorry I forgot to post last week...this working thing is KILLING me!! 

Anyways...I knit a bit more on my green sweater.  I'm knitting this one so I can help my mom and sister knit theirs.  It's kind of funny since it has soo many cables that they are knitting this as their first sweaters and really haven't even knit much before...oh well...they picked the pattern.  Smiley  But I do really like how it's turning out. 

So...what have you guys been working on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011 06:43:27 AM »

I finally jumped on the sock bandwagon! That was the whole reason I took up knitting Cheesy Got two pairs on the go, but only one will be done in time for the sockathon's end.

Socks are AWESOME!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tephra
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011 12:56:24 PM »

Anyways...I knit a bit more on my green sweater.  I'm knitting this one so I can help my mom and sister knit theirs.  It's kind of funny since it has soo many cables that they are knitting this as their first sweaters and really haven't even knit much before...oh well...they picked the pattern.  Smiley  But I do really like how it's turning out.

That sweater is looking awesome and snuggly. Smiley

I finally jumped on the sock bandwagon! That was the whole reason I took up knitting Cheesy Got two pairs on the go, but only one will be done in time for the sockathon's end.

Socks are AWESOME!!!!

I never thought I'd knit socks, and yet I have, and even for dolls! Socks are just addicting once you knit a pair.

I've been knitting a fair amount, though I had three weeks away from home that limited what I could work on.

I sewed the shoulders and finished the neck on my purple sweater!

I swear that color change does not exist in real life. I think it's because I'm reusing this yarn from an earlier attempt and that first skein was washed once, resulting in a slight texture change that scatters the flash differently.

I also started the sleeves.

And I'm still plugging away on that sewing thread project...

I have about a quarter inch left to knit, maybe a half if I decide it needs to be a bit longer when I hold it up against the doll. It's a ridiculously simple pattern but o so boring to knit, especially at tiny size where you can't really let yourself zone out.

And I started this yesterday when I realized my doll has nothing to wear to model the latest shawl project with. I don't mind photographing her nude but for her shoes and the shawl but I don't think the pin-up shots would be suitable for places like Ravelry. XD

It's just sock yarn, #1 needles, and linen stitch. I'll have to work out how I'm going to do the decreases to the waist to get a nicely fitted skirt. I may take the easy way out and switch to another stitch pattern, say stockinette, and then do the waist band in linen stitch again.

And for the last, it counts as a WIP if it's blocking right? Smiley

Knitty's Aeolian shawl pattern modified for a doll. I used single ply from Caron Country yarn and 00 (1.75mm) needles and worked the shouldertte version with only 2 repeats of the yucca pattern. I also switched the edging for the alternate narrow version the designer put up on Ravelry. I removed most of the beads called for (using 10/0 seed beads in my case) and used 6/0 "e" beads instead of nupps.

I had also started a skirt for my doll using the edging from this pattern for the hem, but the yarn I have is variegated and the pattern got lost in the color so that was frogged. I do like that edging so I will find something to use it on eventually!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011 10:34:00 PM »

*GASP*

TWO AT A TIME SLEEVES?!?!?!?

I think I love knitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tephra
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011 08:00:04 AM »

*GASP*

TWO AT A TIME SLEEVES?!?!?!?

I think I love knitting.

I do anything that needs to be identical, or the same length, at the same time if at all possible. Smiley

With this pattern I don't need to, the cable pattern would make sure the sleeves ended up the same length, but for plain stockinette or for a pattern with a small repeat it ensures that they end up precisely the same length.

I also did the front and back at the same time since they're the same until the neck shaping. Doing them together makes sure they are the same length to the underarm, and from underarm to shoulder.

It also keeps me from going "... now I need to knit the same exact thing all over again, yuck!" in the middle of projects.  Grin

I do my socks two at a time using magic loop. I'm not quite adventuresome enough to do them one inside the other on DPNs.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Little Rabbit Girl
How to Draw a Cute Anime Girl
How to Draw Baby Buu
How to Draw Asuna
How to Draw an Anime DJ Girl
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...