A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Holiday List Swap Round 2  (Read 6965 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

texscrapper
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011 06:28:05 AM »

I claim xladyluckx for a scarf for her mom!

HI! I'm Summer from Texas. I am mom to 3 amazing boys 11, 6, & 6. We live on a ranch outside of Houston that has been in my DH's family for over 150 years. We raise and breed cattle and my sons show cattle all over the state of Texas.

Like most moms today I try to do everything! I work at a local church as the Director of Children's ministry, sit on the twins elementary school PTO, volunteer in scouts, and run around like a chicken with my head cut off. I enjoy scrapbooking, sewing, jewlery making, and various other hobbies. Hobby Lobby is my favorite store - I have memorized the layout, and frequent it often Smiley I am a die hard LSU fan - we bleed purle & gold in our home, ad when we are home on a Saturdayin the fall,you can be gaurenteed that college football will be on the TV!

I thought that I would put my crafting to work this year and tryto do ahandmade Christmas. Thankfully, I found this swap! I look forward to participating and trading amazing items with yuou guys!

So here's my list!

My very patient DH Matt:
Crown Royal oven mitt or hot pad for grilling - or anything that ismade from upcycled CR bags Smiley
Handpainted glass tumblers with "S" or our last nameon them; or "LSU"
Gloves for the winter
365 day flip calander (like those desk size ones) with funny sayings or jokes on the pages
Wall art of our ranch brand - I would love one made from rope or barbed wire

My oldest son, Tate - He is 11 and loves to draw. He also shows cattle and is VERY active in Scouts
He discovered leatherworking at Scout Camp this summer, so "Santa" will be bringing him some tools.I'd love to give him a decorated box or case to store it in.
He really likes jewlery - cord necklaces with cool pendants, hemp jewlery, leather bracelets,corded bracelets
A cool sketchbook for him to cart around
A really cool LSU Pillow or pillowcase

Twin A - Tucker, 6 - Tuck loves everything outside! He likes to ply wth trucks and hot wheels, draw, build, and create
Kids chef hat
fun shaped crayons
wooden painted or decorated blocks
A cool car mat
A really cool LSU pillow or pillowcase
All in one Crayon & cloring book bag
A treasure chest

Twin B -Turner, 6 - Turner loves quiet activities -reading, drawing, watching TV
Kids chef hat
fun shaped crayons
All in one crayon and coloring book bag
A decorated wooden box to keep his favorite books and treasures
A felt game book

LSU Gifts
Ok so we REALLY love LSU - so much that one of the trees in my house at Christmas time is purple with LSU decorations. It also onlyhas LSU themed gifts underneath. So ... I am looking for ANYTHING useful that has an LSUtheme for under that tree for any of the guys in my family!
Crazy socks, handpainted serving trays or glassware, pillow cases, lap blankets, kids aprons - just about anything goes - send me a PM if you have an idea!

For my Inlaws
 Mother in law - a casserole carrier, photo necklace of the grandkids, photo tote bag, a red zippered coin purse
 Father in Law - a decorated bucket or fabric basket to toss his peanut shells in
 Sister in Law - OK- this one is odd! She and I exchange "tacky gifts" every year at Christmas. I am looking for something over the top, outrageous, and a bit odd! Imagination is key here! One year I gave her a penguin appliqued (with puffpaint)shirt that had lights on it and jingle bells. She started playing BINGO, so I gave her a bumch of trolls once. It's just super hilarous gifts that don't cost a ton!

For the cousins
we have LOTS of these - all girls ages 2, 3, 4, 13, 16, & 18 ! We are looking for:
Teen jewlery pieces
Finger puppets
Fun shaped Crayons
All in one Crayon & coloring book bag
Anything girlie - I'm always at a bit of a loss on this!

For the Coworkers (8 people - 7 women, 1 man)
Handmade crosses - large ones for walls or ornaments for the tree

Ok - that's all I can think of for now! I hope this gives you an idea!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011 02:13:18 PM by texscrapper » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011 02:15:37 PM »

I claim texscrapper for chef hats for the twins

We have allergies to smoke!

Levi (age 4)

- purple superhero theme doll
- purple fitted sheet (toddler/crib size)
- 12 or more purple (or looks good with purple) fat quarters or quarter yard+ cuts of fabric, plus coordinating yardage (I want to make him a purple quilt!)
- handmade pj's, boxers and underpants (I can provide his measurments)
- knit or crochet sweater, washable yarn, something colorful (maybe rainbow, or shades of blue, or purple with another color accent!) - Love the pea coat style or hoodie style, but open to others, not the kind that looks like grandma made it though!
- small things to put in advent calendar - can be anything little (stickers, toys, finger puppets, bean bags, socks, etc) - please check if you want to send edibles, he has allergies to dairy/anything artificial, oats -   he loves honey sticks though and some organic candies he can have!
- extended rearfacing (carseat) shirt, LMK if you need ideas!
- wipeable table cloth for 24" square table

Grandma: Likes pastels, whites
- heat pack things to warm her up
- fun pot holders
- slippers with non-slip bottoms, size 6.5
- pillow or other item with my son's silhouette on it
- brag book with photos of my son

Sister: (22), she likes colors/prints that are "in style"  Favorite colors are green and turquoise. No pink!
- stylish messanger bag, needs to be functional to hold college books and stuff like that.  
- fun makeup bag

Mom:
- garden markers for all the plants in the garden (weather proof)
- set of 4 placemats for a round table, she wants the edge of the mats to match up with the edge of the table - so maybe oval ones would be good!
- set of unpaper towels

Dad:
- travel related items - he is a seasoned traveler and goes around the world (literally) every other month or more.
- Michigan related items, blue and gold!

Kids at church:
7 kids aged 3-13, (13yr old is autistic).
Maybe little zippered pouches with fun erasers/pencils, or crayon rolls, or finger puppets... ? open to other ideas!

Girls next door:   These girls babysit Levi for free all the time, they are so sweet!  They celebrate Hanukkah.  No particular ideas for them, so anything you can think of!  Or something just for their family, maybe some fun chocolates or something.   Girls are 9, 13, and 15. 

General stuff:
-stocking stuffers for everyone above (handmade chapsticks, zipperd pouches in fun prints, fun coasters, fun little toys for Levi, wind up toys, etc)
- food treats - vegetarian only (no gelatin, rennet) - jams, jellys, dips, honey sticks, spreads, drink mixes, etc
- Fun pot holders (must be functional!)
- t-shirt rugs or other small rugs
- holiday napkins
- holiday dish towels

Supplies I need for making various gifts:
2 yards of thick black or other dark color fleece (for a pull over sweater I'm making for my uncle)
batting,fabric and thread to make "quilts for kids" which I donate - anything kid friendly or solids/semi solids.  
knit fabric, 1/2yd cuts or bigger, and ribbing, any amount - I need to make Levi some more pj's and l/s shirts.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011 07:16:08 PM by leighi123 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tapestrymlp

~Tapestry~

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011 01:44:34 AM »

I claim leighi123 for a silhouette pillow (or similar) for her grandmother

(1,0,0)

Hi! I'm Jenn and I'm 34, a programmer, mom to two health-challenged kiddos, married to my high school sweetheart and a complete craft & swap addict. Books are my number one passion in life followed closely by Harry Potter. We live in the Dallas, Texas, area.

Allergy Info
I am on a very restricted diet because of my son so edibles aren't a great idea. I can't have any dairy or soy. In addition, my daughter has Cystic Fibrosis and Immune Deficiency so we can't accept crafts from anyone with a CFer in their household. Also, If someone in the household has been sick within the two weeks prior to my swap item being sent I respectfully request that the sender wait until two weeks after everyone is well before sending the item out. I can't accept any crafts from smoking households or that have been exposed to smoke due to my daughter's lung issues.

Thank you so, so much in advance for whomever claims me!

My Husband
John loves Star Wars. He has an entire room filled with Star Wars stuff and goes to the conventions whenever they happen. He's also a big comic book fan, heavily into X-men and Green Lantern right now. John's other main interests are music and movies - his DVD collection is rather out of hand.
~ Monster Feet slippers (men's size 12) similar to these: http://www.stylehive.com/bookmark/funny-monster-feet-slippers-from-onlyslipperscom-1234999
~ Bantha stuffie like this one: http://www.starwars.com/kids/do/crafts/f20081124.html
~ A Tatooine Suns T-shirt, size XL, similar to this: http://superpunch.blogspot.com/2011/02/tatooine-suns-t-shirt.html

My Mom
my mom loves dragons and unicorns. She's got quite a collection of art and figures for both, though the dragons seem to out-number everything else. She loves blues and soft greens and really hates reds, oranges and most yellows. She only likes sweet looking dragons though, not the fierce scary kind. Think Pocket Dragons Grin
~ an XXL t-shirt with a cool dragon, unicorn or pegasus design.
~ a unicorn polymer clay figure similar to this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/27554740/ooak-hand-sculpted-polymer-clay-art-doll
~ Unicorn, dragon or pegasus wall art or an embroidered hoop. Here's an example of something she'd go nuts over: http://www.etsy.com/listing/65760220/desert-unicorn-aceoish-original

My daughter
Cassidy is one part girly girl and one part tom boy. She's addicted to comics like her daddy and watches X-men, Fantastic 4, Justice League, The Avengers and the Teen Titans cartoons every day during her breathing treatments and persuses comics such as Teeny Titans and The Power Pack in her free time. She loves books as much as mommy and favorites include the Percy Jackson series, Harry Potter, and the Red Pyramid Series. She also loves Skippy Jon Jones and Fancy Nancy in the picture book department. Barbies are one her favorite toys right along with her American Girl size dolls.
~ A Gryffindor robe and scarf for her American Girl Doll similar to this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/60833715/wizard-robe-and-scarf-for-18-inch-doll?ref=sc_2
~ Matching PJ or dress set for Cass (size 7) and her American Girl doll
~ Cheerleader Pom Poms
~ Feather hair accessories in bright colors
~ A cute trinket box to organize her nail polish and lip gloss, perhaps decorated with one of the book or comic series she's interested in
~ A girly t-shirt in pink with comic book character(s) on it
~ Fun dress up stuff for her dress up chest
~Pretty much anything for her American Girl Doll
~A twirly skirt in fun, bright colors

My son
Joshua will be one this Christmas. He's just learning to walk and getting into everything. Laid back and easy going, Josh always has a smile and is fascinated by the world around him. He likes bright colors and designs and seems to gravitate toward goofy monster pictures and books.
~ An activity book (here's an example: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334056.0)
~ Star wars or super hero decorated long sleeve t-shirt, sweater or onesie
~ Cute Christmas elf hat (for a 12 month old)

My Best Friend
Kim has a 1-year-old and is currently a stay-at-home-mom and former veterinarian. She works part-time on a ranch with her husband and the two are heavily involved in polo and horsemanship.
~ Anything polo related such as artwork, trinket boxes, t-shirt size L, etc.
~ A polo-related toy for her son or polo decorated clothing in size 18-24 months.
~ A buckwheat or flaxseed lavender-scented hot/cold pad with horse related fabric, similar to this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=347454.0

For me
~ Large pin/photo board to hang on my wall and pin notes, craft ideas & photos to for inspiration in my craft room
~ Earmuffs or an ear muff band, something cute or HP-related
~ Harry Potter related Christmas tree ornaments or dotees
~ A wisty surprise http://www.wists.com/tapestrymlp
~ A cool HP Hoopla
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011 07:35:01 PM »

I claim tapestrymlp for a gift for her mother and a surprise! Cheesy

Send by 10/14
(2,0,1))

Outstanding claims
sweetyetevil: sugar scrubs and a piece of embroidery - RECEIVED!
kaz814: a stuffy and gifts for coworkers
tapestrymlp: a gift for her mom

I'm TroubleT! I live in the Atlanta, GA area with my wonderful husband and 2 kidlets. I'm a high school Spanish teacher (of 21 yrs....EEP!) and love my job! We do not have any major allergies in the house other than my honey allergy so don't send me any granola or pour it over my package please. Wink

General dcor and paper items

~holiday bunting w/ Christmas trees, snowflakes, ornaments, whatever as long as it's not religious - I have one normal size door that leads out of the living room to the kitchen, one wide doorway (think a door and a half in size) leading to the dining room, both of which have no doors and they need to be jazzed up!

~Holiday greeting cards Non religious please! Preferably humorous

~Handmade ornaments - We love silly, quirky ornaments!! Thank you cinnamon teal! ...more of these would be wonderful though! Cheesy

~Gift tags done in white, red or green. Simple is preferable. Thank you cinnamon teal!

~Snowmen stuffies! I decorate our house with these and I add a new one or two to my collection every year! A handmade one would be super special. Cheesy

Husband - Computer programmer by day, awesome husband by night. He loves Fierros, cooking on the grill (think Texas style BBQ), and his dog Malia. No Allergies

~More artwork for his office Hes a computer programmer and is not at all into Fanfic or Gaming. He already has CTRL-ALT-DLT, Binary Man (done in X stitch) and STFU. Both worked in hoops and framed. Maybe something like math humor or  caffeine molecule or geeky beer humor A MAJOR HINT was given to me this past weekend when he saw the paper airplane hoop (super easy stitching!) that I made for the Ongoing Hoopla. He loved it! PM me if you are interested in doing this one because I have a cool idea that I would never be able to pull off myself because he can be super nosey. Hehehe... Thank you msmelissa!

Son - 10 yrs old, very creative, loves to draw, heavy reader Cheesy, loves Lego video games. No Allergies

~a decorated box for his art supplies - outer space, legos or Star Wars themed - I'm getting him some really nice colored pencils and maybe a set of pastels this year. Smiley

~a magnetic board (cookie sheet style or something similar) in an Outer Space theme appropriate for a 10 yr old boy (no cutesy aliens please!) maybe made with glow in the dark paint?

~Lego Indiana Jones or Star Wars wall art for his room (walls are sky blue) Painted or papercraft pieced Thank you cinnamon teal! She did a fantastic YODA! Cheesy

~ A figurine or stuffy of a Greek mythological beast for his Holiday Book Box - He loved the Hydra and the Minotaur in the first PJackson movie. 

~Bookmarks! He loves his books and wont dog ear pages (YAY!) so hed like some handmade book marks, especially if it had his name on it.

~sweater mittens in either a medium blue or red (I can send you a tracing of his hand for this!)

Daughter - 5 yrs old going on DIVA!, loves all things pink, sparkly and princessy. No Allergies

~sweater mittens in either pink or purple (Hand tracing can be provided!)

~a princess plushie - I do a holiday themed book box every year and she is really into all things Princessy so her theme will be just that. Smiley

~Girlie Bubble bath! Light floral or fruit scent, maybe a spa kit appropriate for a little girl

~any appropriately girlie small hoopla (6" or smaller) for her hoopla wall - She already has a bunny, Pooh bear, her name and a butterfly. Thank you msmelissa!...but there's no end to her hoopla wall so more is not a bad thing. Wink

My Mom - Sorry no likes, hobbies, or interesting facts for this one. No Allergies

~pieced pillow covers OR a lapghan since she was a bit jealous of dad's blanket last year

~simple, elegant earrings (Fish Hook please, no posts!) - she loves reds, blues, silver and black

My Dad A proud veteran of the Korean war and very actively volunteers with the VA in helping vets get the medical care/funds that they deserve. No Allergies

~ a framed art piece (any medium as long as the design is clean, not cluttered) of a Purple Heart (He received 2 during his years of service.) OR  an appropriate Veterans Day saying like REMEMBER with an American flag. Sayings can be found at http://www.quotegarden.com/veterans-day.html

~a jar of preserves He eats buttered toast with jelly or preserves every morning at breakfast. His favorites are apple butter and peach preserves.

ME! - Check out my profile and "So You Want to Swap?" page on my blog for TONS of info on me. Cheesy I AM VERY ALLERGIC TO HONEY!

~sleep shirts - knee length in a size large, I'd prefer either cotton or flannel, a basic pattern with some sort of sleeve is perfect for me. (Please no cap sleeves. I look horrible in those.)

~a memory board to hang over my craft table to help me keep up with important papers and crafty notes, preferably in "nature" colors like browns, forest green and cream.

Misc. Gifts

~Small Teacher gifts My kids have a total of 5 teachers when you include their after school program.  Were fortunate this year in that they are all totally awesome! Im totally OK with them all being the same.

~Small gifts for our 3 karate instructors. My kids and I all take karate and our instructors have the patience of Jobe. Wink

For my kitteh furchild

~A Kitty Pi!

~catnip filled toys
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hika-chan
Self Appointed Queen of the Leemars

A Mom enjoying my own adventures in Craftsterland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011 04:32:34 PM »

I claim TroubleT for a decorated box for her son's art supplies

(1, 0, 0)
Claim due to be sent: Oct. 15th

Be right back with list.

Hi. I'm Hika-chan and I live in Vancouver, wa. area. I have 3 kiddos, a loving hubby, 3 cats and a great dane.  I'm currently working on finishing my illustration degree. I'm a PTO memeber of both my kids' school and a volunteer art teacher. Crafting is my "me" time. Wink

Allergies: Nothing too serious, but my daughter is very sensitive to heavy perfumes/smells and lotions. So please don't spray perfume on them and no smoke. Thanks. Smiley

MOM- Likes: Vampire Diaries, Captain Jack Sparrow, Tropical places

~ Earrings -she likes more simple, classy in style and dangles. Colors: maybe autumn colored or in blues or natural tones.

~ Dangle bracelet- Colors: same as earrings- autumn colors or natural tones or blues-something she can wear to work-Can incorporate some of the above likes as long as its subtle.

~Reuseable coffee sleeves- My mom drinks a lot of coffee and tea and always reuses her sleeves. But they get dirty and messy. It would be nice for her to have ones that she can wash in the machine- sewn/crocheted/knit I have seen awesome ones in all of these.

Grandma-

~ A dyed scarf
~ Some crocheted/knit socks - Not really sure on colors...she wears a lot of blue though

Brae- Age: 8 Likes: Monster High (clawdeen is her fav.), purple, she's a bit tomboy and a bit girly- loves horses/unicorns/pegasus- belle is her favorite disney princess- like my little pony friendship is magic cartoon- barbie.

~ Stenciled Tee- in any of the above themes or I can provide more if needed. She wears about a 7/8 and is usually a medium in most cases. I can give measurements if needed.

~ Pillow case- again in any of the above themes. Barbie or disney would also be good here.

~ Plushie for her stocking- (sewn/crocheted/knit/etc.) nothing too big- I was thinking a poppet or a horse or unicorm or my little pony or something from the above list.

~ Headbands/barrets- Something girly and in purple. Can't be too flashy though as they're strict at school. So nothing lady gaga would wear. Wink

~Hat- I can provide head measurements

~ Gloves/mittens-  I can provide hand drawings

~Apron- In any of the above themes

Sere- Age: 6 Likes: draculaura (monster high), vampires, barbie, princess jasmine and rapunzel from tangled, My little pony friendship is magic characters, reading, pink (everything), princesses, kiki's delivery service, nausicaa and the valley of the wind (esp. the ohmus), ponyo, sailor moon.

~ Plushie for her stocking-(sewn/crocheted/knit/etc) Again nothing too big- she would flip for an ohmu or a poppet like sailor moon, or a my little pony or rapunzel or something else from the list above.

~ Stenciled tee- in any of the above themes. I can provide sizes for her upon request as she's a bit trickier.

~ Pillow slips- in any of the above themes.

~ Hat- I can provide head measurements

~ Leg or Arm Wamers- In pink or white or pink and black - I can provide measurments if needed.

~ Gloves/mittens- I can provide hand drawings

~ Apron- in any of the above themes

~ Headbands/barrets- Same as above- nothing lady gaga-ish as they're sschool is picky about certain things. She loves pink!

~ Bookmarks- Sere loves reading! And she uses little pieces of paper at teh moment as bookmarks. I thought it might be nice for her to have a really nice beaded one or something like that. Something that will last through a lot of wear and tear. She reads A LOT!

Leo- Age: 4 Likes: Animals (especially elephants, ghiraffs, penguins-preferabbly not the baby cutsey ones), drums, Cars (the pixar movie), hotwheels/ matchbox cars

~ Stencilled Tee- Would love one with elephants, ghiraffs, penguins or disney's cars. or toothless the dragon

~ Plushie for stocking- I was thinking Toothless from How to train your dragon, but an animal would be great too.

~ Pillow case- In CARS, penguins, elephants, ghiraffs. If you have another animal idea, let me know.

~ A hotwheels car roll up. Something that we can take with us to grandmas that will hold several cars and maybe have a road or play track on it.

~ Quiet books/games for car/trip- Maybe something with an activity on it like a magnet fishing game or a matching game or a pattern game.

Brother-in-Law is trying to start up a bakery business and will be starting his new classes this month.

~Journal/ Recipe book: I would like to have something manly (so maybe leather/faux leather) that has easy places for him to write down or add new recipes that he liked and some place to make notes or comments on them. These will all be baked goods so the categories aren't necassary unless you want to make them different types of baked goods (ie cookies/ cakes/ pies/etc).

Lily-

~ Stencilled Tee with Ponyo or Ariel on it

~ Altered Hoodie/sweater with ponyo or Ariel

~ Plushie of Ponyo or Ariel (amugurumi/ sewn/ etc)

Things for the house/ me/ hubby-

~ Kitty Toys
~ Doggy toys
~ Table place mats- there are 5 in our family ( I would like a matching set or cute ones for the kids. For my son's one that outlines where everything goes would be fantastic!)

~ My hubby would like something to put our mail in so it doesn't just lay all over the table.
~ An Apron for me- I love 50's/ 60's style aprons
~ Embroidered kitchen towels- My kitchen theme is coffee in browns, tans and maroon

Thank you sooo much to whomever picks me. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011 05:53:16 PM by Hika-chan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists http://=http://www.wists.com/Hika-chan/
blog http://motherinwonderland.blogspot.com/

I love to swap ATCs. Let me know if you're interested.
plaidpineapple
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011 07:09:51 PM »

I claim Hika-chan for aprons for Brae and Sere.
(1,0,0)  Due Oct 15th.

Hello,  I am Sandra I live in Utah.
Son: 11 yrs old  LOVES  the Movie RIO  He seriously watches it every other day.  It has fostered an obsession and love of birds.  I have been trying to come up with RIO themed items for Christmas.  I am going to make him a RIO birds keychain and zipper pull  Bottlecap style items.  Other than that..I don't know.  Some ideas I have (but not the crafty know-how):
A knit or fabric Rio style tropical bird stuffie.  He loves Toucans, Blue Mackaws etc
Tropical Bird wall art for his room
Knit hat similar to this: can be in different colors. I like the small brim: http://pinterest.com/pin/262853880/
A book about birds (gently used is great) or pictures or postcards of birds he want to make a book  full of pictures of birds-all birds not just Tropical birds.
*World of Warcraft item : a Moonkin  a couple examples:   http://www.etsy.com/listing/64921331/moonkin-feltie-h-2 but in a 8- 10 size 
http://pinterest.com/pin/264297507/

Husband: He works for Disney and needs  a few items to spice up his office:  Would love a sock monkey any size or type.   A University of Utah themed item (wall hanging, mug, etched glass, etc) he is a big U of U football fan.
Tree embroidery with our initials (c and s):  http://pinterest.com/pin/262851118/

For my brother in law:
he likes The Nightmare before Christmas so something like this knit hat would be great:
http://pinterest.com/pin/262844611/
Or anything else you can think of for The Nightmare Before Christmas.
For my sister:
another knit hat similar to this:  http://pinterest.com/pin/262883201/

For my daughter:
  a peashooter or sunflower like these:  http://pinterest.com/pin/262838055/
Feather hair accessories
Anything Justin Beiber. I am making her a bottlecap necklace of him and a key chain. But anything else you can think of would be well loved

son #2:  age 5 He loves legos, bionicles, hero factory and pirates. just started understanding the idea of allowance and saving money.  Would love a boy themed wallet with a zipper pouch for change and a billfold pocket. 
A play tent to put his webkinz in
Nutcracker themed items
Little big planet inspired items.  For example: http://pinterest.com/pin/263929737/

Any of the children would Love a Harry Potter style wand.

For my Best friend:   Black knit corseted mitts with Red ribbon

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xladyluckx
Hiatus over...back to crafting.

woo woo!

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011 04:52:31 AM »

I claim plaidpineapple for a sock monkey for her husband and a set of Jack Skellington ornaments for her brother in law.  Cheesy

Hi! I'm Leah from Massachusetts. I have four little dogs and a fabulous fiance Jeremy! I work in the music industry managing bands and doing shows. I love everything funky, weird, and artsy! I'm allergic to cats, anything that has even a piece of fur or dander I'm in puffy face overdrive! lol. Thank goodness for allergy meds!

Here's my list!!

For mom: no allergies
Cool earrings /necklace set
Crocheted, sewn or knitted scarf (cool hues-purple,blue, etc.) - Thank you texscrapper!!! Smiley
She loves handmade jewelry...silver tones and anything chunky!
coasters - her decor is very modern with earth tones

For hubby to be: allergic to lavender
He loves the color  black, rockabilly, and metal!
iPod case
Sunglasses case
King size pillowcases - skulls, star wars, anything "guy".
Anything star wars - amigurimi, embroidery, pillows, grilling apron....pretty much anything!!!

For us:
Anything for our day of the dead collection - any medium
Rockabilly toilet seat cover - flames, dice, traditional tattoo themed
Appliqued bath towel mat for outside the shower - red, orange, black, or yellow colors - traditional tattoo, dice, flames etc.
Anything for our day of the dead themed wedding!
Ring pillow - sewn
guest book/cover - sewn
etched glasses

Kitschy hand towels for the kitchen - any medium (applique, embroidered etc.) - I have a display rack with all my craftster swappers' handmade towels on it!
Rockabilly towels for the bathroom-horseshoes,flames,dice etc.
Anything vintage religious themed - we collect that sort of thing!

For my friend Scott: no allergies
Pillow cases standard size. He loves gambling and  Sushi
A zippered or snap closed 12x9 ish bag to put his laptop cables.

For the dogs:
doggie treats
bed blankets/pads - we have 3, sized 19 x 13 inches on the bottoms (any medium - sewn, crocheted, knitted)
doggie tees - Our 3 girls are sized medium, Freedo is a small - anything punk rock or cute!
squeaky toys - made out of that faux lambs wool or canvas - Mabel shreds toys like no tomorrow and these fabrics last the longest it seems!

For office peeps; 2 ladies, 6 guys
Handmade ornaments
Zombie themed desk accessories
Desk accessories for guys
One just got a new apartment - potholders, dish cloths - any medium
handmade stockings - we have 8 people in the office
Coasters
Pencil holders

Stocking stuffers:
Oatmeal soaps
Handmade candles
Mug rugs

Thank you so much in advance to whoever claims me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011 12:14:30 PM »

I claim xladyluckx for some Star Wars amigurumi for her husband

(1,0,0)

Hi!  I’m Melanie from Ontario, Canada. I’m a 34 year old stay-at-home-mom to 5, 4 boys and 1 baby girl. I’m a craftaholic, lol.  No allergies at our house really. 

I have 3 teachers to get gifts for, and one EA.  I`d prefer if they were different because the twins are in the same class with 2 teachers (1 male, 1 female) and they each like to give a small gift.  Ethans teacher is a women as well.

Natalie – SIL – Nat loves dancing and has just started baking.  She is in the process of opening her own dance studio!!!  Starting small with a single class and hoping to expand.  She loves turtles.
Ballerina loaded charm bracelet
Apron in cute fabric
Oven mitts/potholders in cute fabric

Mom – OK, my Mom is hard!!  Maybe not, but she is for me.  She has a unique style I think.  They just bought a new house and just built a huge awesome deck in the back that they will like to use a lot in the summer (winter too if its not too cold). They also just put a new hottub in the deck that she loves!  She likes wine.  She has little iguanas hanging around (ceramic, not real) and she likes bold colours.
I would LOVE if someone could knit her these socks http://de.dawanda.com/product/2737802-Eidechsensocke
Potholders like these ones  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=379422.0 in a sunflower or ladybug theme

Dad – My Dad is another one who is pretty difficult.  Hes originally from Manchester England and loves Manchester soccer team.  I really don’t have any ideas for him.
Man U coasters

Max - Brother – Again I don’t know!!  Haha.  Max and Nat have an awesome puppy, (hes a little over 1 now) an English Bulldog named Boonze.
I’d love to get a collar or neckerchief for boonze with his name on it

Quenton –  Quenton has just started highschool and is 14.  He has now joined the football and rugby teams but he really likes soccer the most.  He likes playing xbox and loves his blackberry!
Xbox pillow

Liam – Liam is my little mathematician. He figured out multiplication all on his own in grade 1!  Hes now in gr. 2. He loves Mario games and his Wii and DSiXL.
Notebook cover with crayons/pencil crayons
Bowser plush
DSiXL case

Aidan – Aidans favourite subject is reading and writing.  He also loves to draw.  Hes a little gamer too but loves Luigi, Sonic and Link the most.  Also in gr.2.
Notebook cover with place for crayons/pencil crayons
Bowser plush
DSiXL case

Ethan – Ethan is my little trouble maker.  Lately he loves firemen and policemen, so ANYTHING inspired by that would be great! He also loves Spongebob, Mickey and Handy Manny, Buzz Lightyear.
I spy bag
Fireman/policeman ANYTHING (plush, bag, toy…….)

Daysie-Lynn – Well, shes the first girl, so needless to say, after 4 boys, shes very girly, haha.  She’ll be 7 months at Christmas time. I seem to love the colour combos with browns for her (pink/brown, lt blue/brown…..)
Shes a very drooly baby, so bibs would be great.
Burp cloths are very useful too!
Baby Headbands with big flowers or even maybe a special holiday one for Christmas Day
Baby Grab ball like this http://www.etsy.com/listing/71011829/baby-grab-ball

Kid Gifts – My MIL has foster kids and we all consider them family!!  I’d love to get them some little things. I have no idea really what. Theres 3 girls (16, 14, 12)and 1 boy (16)

Any stocking stuffers for my kiddies would be much appreciated too.  Anything  you would think my kids would like!!

NEW**  Daysie-Lynn needs a stocking, something personalized would be nice
            Some Christmas ornaments, I like blue with snowflakes
            A personalized ornament for the kids in themes they would like
            Some Christmas cards for me to send out (more funny than religious)
            Cute Gift tags for presents

Thanks!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011 10:11:47 AM by mama24boyz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
texscrapper

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011 06:38:22 PM »

I claim mama24boyz for an apron for her SIL!

HI! I'm Summer from Texas. I am mom to 3 amazing boys 11, 6, & 6. We live on a ranch outside of Houston that has been in my DH's family for over 150 years. We raise and breed cattle and my sons show cattle all over the state of Texas.

Like most moms today I try to do everything! I work at a local church as the Director of Children's ministry, sit on the twins elementary school PTO, volunteer in scouts, and run around like a chicken with my head cut off. I enjoy scrapbooking, sewing, jewlery making, and various other hobbies. Hobby Lobby is my favorite store - I have memorized the layout, and frequent it often  I am a die hard LSU fan - we bleed purle & gold in our home, ad when we are home on a Saturdayin the fall,you can be gaurenteed that college football will be on the TV!

I thought that I would put my crafting to work this year and try to do a handmade Christmas. Thankfully, I found this swap! I look forward to participating and trading amazing items with yuou guys!

So here's my list!

My very patient DH Matt:
Crown Royal oven mitt or hot pad for grilling - or anything that ismade from upcycled CR bags
Handpainted glass tumblers with "S" or our last nameon them; or "LSU"
Gloves for the winter
365 day flip calander (like those desk size ones) with funny sayings or jokes on the pages
Wall art of our ranch brand - I would love one made from rope or barbed wire

My oldest son, Tate - He is 11 and loves to draw. He also shows cattle and is VERY active in Scouts
He discovered leatherworking at Scout Camp this summer, so "Santa" will be bringing him some tools.I'd love to give him a decorated box or case to store it in.
He really likes jewlery - cord necklaces with cool pendants, hemp jewlery, leather bracelets,corded bracelets
A cool sketchbook for him to cart around
A really cool LSU Pillow or pillowcase

Twin A - Tucker, 6 - Tuck loves everything outside! He likes to ply wth trucks and hot wheels, draw, build, and create
Kids chef hat Thanks Leigh123!
fun shaped crayons
wooden painted or decorated blocks
A cool car mat
All in one Crayon & cloring book bag
A treasure chest

Twin B -Turner, 6 - Turner loves quiet activities -reading, drawing, watching TV
Kids chef hatThanks Leigh123!
fun shaped crayons
All in one crayon and coloring book bag
A decorated wooden box to keep his favorite books and treasures
A felt game book

LSU Gifts
Ok so we REALLY love LSU - so much that one of the trees in my house at Christmas time is purple with LSU decorations. It also onlyhas LSU themed gifts underneath. So ... I am looking for ANYTHING useful that has an LSUtheme for under that tree for any of the guys in my family!
Crazy socks, handpainted serving trays or glassware, pillow cases, lap blankets, kids aprons - just about anything goes - send me a PM if you have an idea!

For my Inlaws
 Mother in law - a casserole carrier, photo necklace of the grandkids, photo tote bag, a red zippered coin purse Thanks Leigh123!
 Father in Law - a decorated bucket or fabric basket to toss his peanut shells in
 Sister in Law - OK- this one is odd! She and I exchange "tacky gifts" every year at Christmas. I am looking for something over the top, outrageous, and a bit odd! Imagination is key here! One year I gave her a penguin appliqued (with puffpaint)shirt that had lights on it and jingle bells. She started playing BINGO, so I gave her a bumch of trolls once. It's just super hilarous gifts that don't cost a ton!

For the cousins
we have LOTS of these - all girls ages 2, 3, 4, 13, 16, & 18 ! We are looking for:
Teen jewlery pieces
Finger puppets
Fun shaped Crayons
All in one Crayon & coloring book bag
Anything girlie - I'm always at a bit of a loss on this!

For the Coworkers (8 people - 7 women, 1 man)
Handmade crosses - large ones for walls or ornaments for the tree

Ok - that's all I can think of for now! I hope this gives you an idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011 09:50:28 AM »

Claiming texscrapper for some teen jewelry
2 claimed,1 received,0 sent
I am Beth, I live in Michigan with my greyhound Hallo and boyfriend Sam.

Any craft medium
Ornaments- any medium, colorful, sparkly, whatever!  These do not have to be holiday themed like snow or santa etc
Something jagermeister or bud lite related for boyfriend
Coasters
trivets
plant/garden decorations
candles
eye/sunglass holder
phone covers/cases
*new item*decorated picture frames-little boy themed
*new item* wall art with flowers or birds in brown & blue tones or yellow tones for my pal.
*new item* name bracelets or necklaces for my nieces with their kids names (one has Caleb and the other Eli)
*new item*needle book
*new item* small rag rugs for in front of sinks- any colors

Cloth/sewing/crochet/knitting/embroidery
*new item*place mat sets
swifter cover
pot holders
new item**crayon roll for a boy Thanks maremare!
coin purse
Mug rugs or cozies Thanks leighi123!
Paperback book covers
Kitchen or decorative towels and wash cloths-does not have to be winter themed so they can use them year round.
Wall art or decoration army related. We lost my nephew so if it could be personalized that would be so great. I would like something for my parents and my sister.
Make up bags-fun prints/styles for sisters and nieces (both in their 20s) Thanks MareMare, nieces are covered!
Scented sachets for hanging or drawers-fruity or clean scents
Pillow cases- tool theme(not for a child), fun print in birds/owls, any batik or unisex print for either male or female

Embroidery-Okay one more for me. Something similar this with Beth + Sam on it. thanks troublet!!

Food goodies
Canned jams, spreads, pickles etc
Coffee beans whole or ground-I have never tried roasting my own but I am sure my parents would love some home roasted beans!
Dog treats-Almost everyone in my family has a dog and my pals do too
Bath & body
Soaps-fruity, treat scents, nothing spicy or overpowering like patchouli
Lotions-small bottles-same scents as above for gift bags
Massage bars
Sugar scrubs  Thanks troublet
Anything from my pinterest
http://pinterest.com/sweetyetevil/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011 04:22:32 PM by sweetyetevil » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make A Bun With A Sock
Morning Freeze Control Cut and Styling for Curly Hair
Pintura and Curly Styling
A Curly Hairstyle for an Evening Look
Festive Holiday Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...