A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,120
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Holiday List Swap Round 2  (Read 6245 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: September 20, 2011 09:55:19 AM »

Swap Info
Swap name: Ongoing Holiday Gift List Round 2
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: kaz814
Sign-up date range:  Sept. 20 - Oct. 15
Date to send item by: 2 weeks from claim
Limited to a certain number of people?: No
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes
You must be over 18 years of age.  

Organizer Notes
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide - yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant - yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now - yes
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants - yes
- Is at least 18 years old - yes

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month
- Has posted at least 15 times
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
- Does not have any negative feedback
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Welcome to the Ongoing Holiday Gift List Swap! Round 2

This is the place to help your fellow Craftster narrow down their holiday gift lists.  This swap welcomes every winter holiday including Christmas, Hanukah/Chanukah, Kwanza, Winter Solstice, etc.  If you want a handmade holiday for your friends and family, this is the place to get help on your list.  From grandma to your own kids, your lists can include almost anyone in your life that you might need a little help crafting for.   Please read through this initial post carefully before joining and PM me with any questions.

How it works:

This swap will work in an ongoing format.  The first person in the swap will post a list of handmade items that they would like.  The participants then look through the list and if they can fulfill that particular wish, they claim that person for that item and post their own list for the next person to claim them.  This works like a chain.  Person A is claimed by Person B, Person B is claimed by Person C, etc.  You must claim to be claimed and only one person can claim another at a time.  Each participant gets two claims at a time.  Once one of your claims is received and the organizer is notified, you may claim again.  This may change as the swap goes on.  

What is on the list:

Each participant can post as many size medium requests as they would like in their list.  Please try to post a minimum of 10 items you would like so there is a variety and a better chance of not stalling the swap.  You may post larges or smalls as well, but please realize that to fulfill the swap requirements, you are only required to claim and send a medium.  Extras are always good.  This swap will be for handmade items only.  Organizing your list by crafting medium is a good idea to help other participants find something on your list that they are good at, but is not required.  Please note that because these are holiday wishes we are filling that items should be your absolute best quality.  

How to make your list:

Please format your list to have an introduction that lets us know a little more about you such as your name, your general location.  Please format your wishes so that each participant has a clear idea as to what you are looking for.  Posting links is highly advisable.  It is also a great idea to provide participants with as much relevant information on the gift recipient as possible.  Here is my suggested way for formatting each wish:

<item> <recipient> <preferences> <link>
<allergies>

Example:  
Doll dress for my daughter.  She prefers pink floral fabric with a velcro or button closure.  Here is one she likes http://URL GOES HERE
Allergies:  Smoke

Including allergies right underneath of each wish keeps the allergies in focus.  This is such an important part to consider when claiming someone.  If you format your wishes like this, they will be clear and you are more likely to be claimed quickly.

Making a claim:

Once you make a claim, you must PM the participant that you are claiming for their address and to discuss the item you have claimed to make for them.  Once you make a claim, you are committed to making that item.  Remember, you only have two weeks to complete the item and ship it.  If you choose to send extras, they do not contribute to the size of the claim.  A medium is technically either between 2-3 hours in time, or $20-$30 in supplies/value.  To claim the person who is currently available, respond to their post with I claim <username> for <item claimed for>.  For example, if I were to claim myself to make socks, I would write, I claim kaz814 for a hoopla.  Within that same response, you then post your own list so someone can claim you.  

You are allowed to make and have up to THREE outstanding claims.  Should you become a late sender, this can and will change on a case by case basis as determined by the organizers.

Send Outs:

Just like other ongoing swaps, you will have two weeks from the date of your claim to send out your item.  There are no exceptions.  DC#s will be absolutely required.  If you do not provide a DC#, it will be noted in your feedback.  If you do not provide a DC# and your package gets lost, you will be required to resend.  You must PM the organizers with the DC#/customs# when you send!

Qualifications to Join:

Anyone is free to join under standard Craftster Swap Guidelines.  Due to the time constraints on claims, I reserve the right to deny any Craftster that has a history of lateness.

Receiving packages:

Please PM me as soon as you receive each package.  This is so I can keep track of claims.  Pictures in the gallery are also appreciated.  Some of your fulfilled wishes might inspire other wishes for other participants.

Other important info:

You do not have to message me when you claim a person.  You only have to message them for their address.  Please PM me however when you send your questionnaire, when you send your claim, and when you receive a claim.  Please PM me with any questions you have.

Please do not claim a person until you have been approved for this swap and it is listed in your profile!  Please do not claim a person once one of your claims have been received until the person receiving from you verifies your package arrived and is exactly what you claimed them for.

Sometimes a person will stall the swap.  When your list has been up for more than 18-24 hours without someone claiming you, please try to add more items to your list so you have a better chance of being claimed.  Remember that it is possible that not all of your items will be claimed.  

There will be a discussion/gallery thread in the Gallery area.  This is an area to give us updates and discuss this swap.  

At the end of the month, whoever is the last on the list will be first on the list for the following month.  You will have to sign up for each additional round that you choose to participate in.  You must be current in the previous round to be accepted to the new round.

This swap is open to international swappers as well as new swappers.

I reserve the right to deny participation to anyone who is late in previous rounds of this swap.  This is a holiday swap and should be fun!

If you want to participate, here is the information to send to the organizer.  Please have the title of your PM be the name of the swap.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Holiday Gift List Round 2
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Your mailing address:
Have you read the Swap Guidelines and understand how this swap works?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
Are you willing to ship outside of your country?

IMPORTANT: Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=6553.0

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Come chat with us during the swap and let us know how you're progressing on all of your projects.  You can find our discussion thread here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=391135.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012 05:24:06 PM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011 09:56:24 AM »

Participants!

Feedback Given

1. kaz814
2. kartiana
3. Hika-chan
4. sweetyetevil
5. tapestrymlp
6. TroubleT
7. craftaddiction
8. mama24boyz
9. leighi123
10. missmlissa
11. xladyluckx
12. texscrapper (Welcome new swapper!)
13. autumnsue
14. Miss Barbara
15. plaidpineapple
16. psyche
17. Mlsocci74
18. JessySihk

19. klg_jlg
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011 12:00:28 PM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011 09:56:45 AM »

Sent
Received
Late w/ communication
Contact organizer ASAP

Claims

October 4th
Troublet to sweetyetevil for sugar scrubs and a piece of embroidery.

Send by October 6th
missmlissa to TroubleT for hooplas.

Send by October 8th
kaz814 to missmlissa for dishcloths!
TroubleT to kaz814 for stuffy and coworker gifts.
sweetyetevil to TroubleT for Christmas bunting and a hoopla.

Send by October 9th
xladyluckx to sweetyetevil for wallart and kitchen towels.

Send by October 11th
texscrapper to xladyluckx for a scarf.
leighi123 to texscrapper for chef hats.

Send by Oct. 12th
tapestrymlp to leighi123 for a pillow.

Send by Oct. 14th
TroubleT to tapestrymlp for a gift for her mom and a surprise.

Send by Oct. 15th
Hika-chan to TroubleT for a decorated art box.
plaidpineapple to Hika-chan for aprons.

Send by Oct. 16th
xladyluckx to plaidpineapple for sock monkey and ornaments.
mama24boyz to xladyluckx for amigurumi.

Send by Oct. 17th
texscrapper to mama24boyz for an apron.

Send by Oct. 18th
sweetyetevil to texscrapper for teen jewelry.

Send by Oct. 20th
psyche to sweetyetevil for potholders.
mama24boyz to psyche for an cozy accessory.

Send by Oct. 21st
kartiana to mama24boyz for journals.
Miss Barbara to kartiana for washcloths.
JessySihk to Miss Barbara for jewelry.

Send by Oct. 24th
sweetyetevil to JessySihk for magnets and something else.

Send by Oct. 25th
psyche to sweetyetevil for a needlebook.
klg_jlg to psyche for hair pretties.
TroubleT to klg_jlg for a hat.
klg_jlg to TroubleT for hooplas.

Send by Oct. 26th
psyche to klg_jlg for a stocking.
sweetyetevil to psyche for a bracelet and ornament.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011 03:39:40 PM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011 09:58:03 AM »

The lovely sweetyetevil was the last claimer in Round 1, so she's the first to be claimed in Round 2!

I am Beth, I live in Michigan with my greyhound Hallo and boyfriend Sam.

Any craft medium
Ornaments- any medium, colorful, sparkly, whatever!  These do not have to be holiday themed like snow or santa etc
Something jagermeister or bud lite related for boyfriend
Coasters
trivets
new item**plant/garden decorations
new item**candles
New item**eye/sunglass holder
new item**phone covers/cases

Cloth/sewing/crochet/knitting/embroidery
new item**swifter cover
new item**pot holders
new item**crayon roll for a boyThanka maremare!
coin purse
Mug rugs or cozies
Paperback book covers
Kitchen or decorative towels and wash cloths-does not have to be winter themed so they can use them year round.
Wall art or decoration army related. We lost my nephew so if it could be personalized that would be so great. I would like something for my parents and my sister.
Make up bags-fun prints/styles for sisters and nieces (both in their 20s)
Scented sachets for hanging or drawers-fruity or clean scents
Bath mitts or poufs-adults (for men too!) and one for a boy and one for a girl (thanks craft addiction)
Pillow cases- tool theme(not for a child), fun print in birds/owls, any batik or unisex print for either male or female
Socks- okay these are for meI wear a size 7 shoe. I have been trying to get some cozy socks since I have been on craftster  haha
Embroidery-Okay one more for me. Something similar this with Beth + Sam on it.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62911726/custom-heart-tree-print-wall-art?ref=sr_gallery_2&ga_search_query=embroidery&ga_noautofacet=1&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade%2Fhousewares%2Fwall_decor
Food goodies
Canned jams, spreads, pickles etc
Coffee beans whole or ground-I have never tried roasting my own but I am sure my parents would love some home roasted beans!
Dog treats-Almost everyone in my family has a dog and my pals do too
Bath & body
Soaps-fruity, treat scents, nothing spicy or overpowering like patchouli
Lotions-small bottles-same scents as above for gift bags
Massage bars
Sugar scrubs
Anything from my pinterest
http://pinterest.com/sweetyetevil/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011 03:19:48 PM »

I claim sweetyetevil for sugar scrubs and a piece of embroidery. Smiley

Send by 10/4
(1,2,4)

Outstanding claims
craftaddiction: a baby toy and ceramic coasters - SENT
kaz814: dryer balls and preserves - SENT
sweetyetevil: sugar scrubs and a piece of embroidery

I'm TroubleT! I live in the Atlanta, GA area with my wonderful husband and 2 kidlets. I'm a high school Spanish teacher (of 21 yrs....EEP!) and love my job! We do not have any major allergies in the house other than my honey allergy so don't send me any granola or pour it over my package please. Wink

General dcor and paper items

~holiday bunting w/ Christmas trees, snowflakes, ornaments, whatever as long as it's not religious - I have one normal size door that leads out of the living room to the kitchen, one wide doorway (think a door and a half in size) leading to the dining room, both of which have no doors and they need to be jazzed up!

~Holiday greeting cards Non religious please! Preferably humorous

~Handmade ornaments - We love silly, quirky ornaments!! Thank you cinnamon teal! ...more of these would be wonderful though! Cheesy

~Gift tags done in white, red or green. Simple is preferable. Thank you cinnamon teal!

~Snowmen stuffies! I decorate our house with these and I add a new one or two to my collection every year! A handmade one would be super special. Cheesy

Husband - Computer programmer by day, awesome husband by night. He loves Fierros, cooking on the grill (think Texas style BBQ), and his dog Malia. No Allergies

~More artwork for his office Hes a computer programmer and is not at all into Fanfic or Gaming. He already has CTRL-ALT-DLT, Binary Man (done in X stitch) and STFU. Both worked in hoops and framed. Maybe something like math humor or  caffeine molecule or geeky beer humor A MAJOR HINT was given to me this past weekend when he saw the paper airplane hoop (super easy stitching!) that I made for the Ongoing Hoopla. He loved it! PM me if you are interested in doing this one because I have a cool idea that I would never be able to pull off myself because he can be super nosey. Hehehe... Thank you msmelissa!

~a remote control organizer for his recliner (Its a medium brown with darker brown flecks) Like this but without the magazine pocket - http://cgi.ebay.com/Fabric-Chair-Tv-Remote-Control-Holder-Organizer-Caddy-/200407666078  maybe done in a forest green or black
I found the time and inspiration to make this one myself!  Grin

Son - 10 yrs old, very creative, loves to draw, heavy reader Cheesy, loves Lego video games. No Allergies

~a decorated box for his art supplies - outer space, legos or Star Wars themed - I'm getting him some really nice colored pencils and maybe a set of pastels this year. Smiley

~a magnetic board (cookie sheet style or something similar) in an Outer Space theme appropriate for a 10 yr old boy (no cutesy aliens please!) maybe made with glow in the dark paint?

~Lego Indiana Jones or Star Wars wall art for his room (walls are sky blue) Painted or papercraft pieced Thank you cinnamon teal!

~ A figurine or stuffy of a Greek mythological beast for his Holiday Book Box - He loved the Hydra and the Minotaur in the first PJ movie.  

~Bookmarks! He loves his books and wont dog ear pages (YAY!) so hed like some handmade book marks, especially if it had his name on it.

~sweater mittens in either a medium blue or red (I can send you a tracing of his hand for this!)

Daughter - 5 yrs old going on DIVA!, loves all things pink, sparkly and princessy. No Allergies

~sweater mittens in either pink or purple (Hand tracing can be provided!)

~a scoodie in either pink or purple, crocheted or sewn
Thank you Miss Barbara! Cheesy

~a princess plushie - I do a holiday themed book box every year and she is really into all things Princessy so her theme will be just that. Smiley

~Girlie Bubble bath! Light floral or fruit scent, maybe a spa kit appropriate for a little girl

~any appropriately girlie small hoopla (6" or smaller) for her hoopla wall - She already has a bunny, Pooh bear, her name and a butterfly. Thank you msmelissa!...but there's no end to her hoopla wall so more is not a bad thing. Wink

My Mom - Sorry no likes, hobbies, or interesting facts for this one. No Allergies

~pieced pillow covers OR a lapghan since she was a bit jealous of dad's blanket last year

~simple, elegant earrings (Fish Hook please, no posts!) - she loves reds, blues, silver and black

My Dad A proud veteran of the Korean war and very actively volunteers with the VA in helping vets get the medical care/funds that they deserve. No Allergies

~ a framed art piece (any medium as long as the design is clean, not cluttered) of a Purple Heart (He received 2 during his years of service.) OR  an appropriate Veterans Day saying like REMEMBER with an American flag. Sayings can be found at http://www.quotegarden.com/veterans-day.html

~a jar of preserves He eats buttered toast with jelly or preserves every morning at breakfast. His favorites are apple butter and peach preserves.

ME! - Check out my profile and "So You Want to Swap?" page on my blog for TONS of info on me. Cheesy I AM VERY ALLERGIC TO HONEY!

~sleep shirts - knee length in a size large, I'd prefer either cotton or flannel, a basic pattern with some sort of sleeve is perfect for me. (Please no cap sleeves. I look horrible in those.)

~a memory board to hang over my craft table to help me keep up with important papers and crafty notes, preferably in "nature" colors like browns, forest green and cream.

Misc. Gifts

~Small Teacher gifts My kids have a total of 5 teachers when you include their after school program.  Were fortunate this year in that they are all totally awesome! Im totally OK with them all being the same.

~Small gifts for our 3 karate instructors. My kids and I all take karate and our instructors have the patience of Jobe. Wink

For my kitteh furchild

~A Kitty Pi!

~catnip filled toys
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011 08:39:20 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
missmlissa
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011 07:24:10 AM »

I claim Troublet for a paper airplane hoopla and a uber girly hoopla Cheesy

0-1-1

I'm Melissa and this is my second claim.  I'm a 31 year old stay at home mom of what has to be the craziest 2 1/2 year old in the world!  I live in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.  I'm looking for gifts for my son, SO, MIL, FIL, nieces, nephew, godson and goddaughter, their mom and various gift tags, bags, stockings or stocking stuffers.

Son: no allergies
I have a pinterest board for him: http://pinterest.com/miss_mlissa/things-for-my-monster/
He loves wrestling and luchadors, Up, Diego, Dinosaurs
Some things he might like:
-superhero cape
-case or bag for his wrestlers
-luchador mask
-old school spiderman tshirt
-personalized library bag/backpack - I take him at least once a week
-age appropriate art kit

My Significant other: no allergies
He also loves wrestling and luchadors, Star Trek, Star Wars, cycling, horror movies, Bruce Campbell, bowling, beer vespas, mod culture, the Phantom of the Paradise and music especially ska, metal, Radiohead, Beirut, Pink Floyd  
-luchador mask balaclava like in Debbie Stoller's Son of stitch'n'bitch (which I have and can get the pattern to you - I already tried it but my intarsia needs some work).
-bowling shirts
-pinback buttons
-http://www.capcom-unity.com/bigmex/blog/2008/08/12/how_to_make_a_lucha_libre_mask_out_of_a_tee_shirt
- http://pinterest.com/miss_mlissa/for-the-boys/

Mother-in-law:no allergies
Loves CSI, Criminal Minds and the Waltons and her grandbabies.  
-kitchen accessories like crochet dish cloths or towels
-reusable shopping bags
-"Gramma" stuff - like stuff with the kids pictures on it keychains, framed collages, jewellery, fused glass pendant (great idea craftaddiction!) cute gramma saying cross-stitches or signs, magnets, keychains etc.
-Criminal Minds or CSI magnets or keychains nothing blood & guts related though
-Something Waltons related like a cross-stitch or magnets.  It's a bit of a joke around here how no one better interrupt Gramma when The Waltons is on or How many times have you seen this episode?

Father-in-law:no allergies
Loves family trees, the Toronto Maple Leafs, cameras
-a personalized camera strap and matching attachable lens cover pocket
-Family tree wall art
-Blue and white scarf, mitts, gloves or hat Thanks Miss Barbara
http://pinterest.com/miss_mlissa/papa/

2 1/2 year old and 8 year old Nieces:no allergies
-Barbie tent
-barbie clothes
-baby Alive clothes
-Jewelry or jewelry display things
-personalized pencil crayon roll
- http://pinterest.com/miss_mlissa/the-girls/

10 year old cousin (girl) and 9 year old goddaughter: no allergies
-pencil crayon rolls
-art supplies
-fashion themed activities
-scoodies
-jewellery

6 year old Nephew:no allergies
-Nintendo ds case Thanks Helena Puck!
-Lego themed things
-Star Wars themed things

Tree ornaments:  Birds, felted acorns, nightmare before christmas, phantom of the paradise, vintage

« Last Edit: September 23, 2011 06:43:13 AM by missmlissa » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011 07:15:26 AM »

I claim missmlissa for dishcloths for her MIL!

1/0/0

Hi!  I'm Kaz and I live with my two bunnies in a teensy tiny condo in Maryland, USA. I'm a teacher in a middle school, and I love it.  I love most any color (see my profile for the colors of my house), though I'm not really a fan of 70's paisley, neons, baby pastels, or animal print.  I love polka dots, non-70s paisley, stripes, fun patterns, bright colors, and "comfy" things.  I love puns, good grammar, penguins, rabbits, doors and windows, autumn and reading. I have no allergies.  I'm single, an only child, and my dad passed away four years ago this coming November, so it's me and my mom - which is why my list for potential things for my mom is so long.  She's my best friend, really, and since I'm an adult now, I can spoil her as she deserves!

I'm trying to keep store-bought gifts to a minimum again this year, so thanks for helping me out!  I tell myself that it makes Christmas cost less ... and so long as I don't go near a Joann's, it probably does. Wink   OH, and I know that some of my items aren't quite a medium, but I would think the smaller things - notecards, etc. - would be something that could be a set?   Cheesy

For Mom
My mom is a fabulous woman, who is a preschool teacher and adores her dog.  (Seriously, the dog gets her own suitcase when we go on trips.)  She likes lighthouses and collects Santas.  Things to help her organize would be LOVE (mostly by me!) and she has a dream of opening her own baking business.  She is the best baker I know.  She loves the blue/yellow combination (think Vera Bradley-esque prints).  Her dog is named Prairie and is something like a Schipperke mix.  (She has no allergies, but she does dislike birds, so please nothing with birds.)

-advent calendar of some type for me to fill for her (I KNOW this is a super huge large)  or maybe a DIY advent calendar kit that I can put together myself?
-recipes for baked goods
-earrings/necklace set for my mom (she loves garnets and turquoise, not necessarily together, though! She can do more delicate jewelry and doesn't like chunky stuff really.  She prefers silver to gold.)
-a learn to make jewelry craft kit for my mom
-mugrug
-notebook like THIS (she actually pointed out that she liked it!)
-rice heat/cool pack
-swiffer sweeper and/or swiffer duster reusable crocheted/sewn covers
-notecards w/ envelopes
-oven mitts/hot pads for the kitchen
-hoopla that says 'Dog is my Co-Pilot' because the dog would go EVERYWHERE with her if she could
-hoopla with a stack of luggage that says 'I love you more than my luggage.' 

For the Dog (Prairie)
-dog bed
-soft squeaky toys
-treats

For The Relatives

I'm looking for some things for my mom's relatives, too - mostly my grandparents, uncle and his wife.  My grandmother loves maroon and Manhattans (the drink), hates birds, the color green and water.  My grandfather has a gigantic sweet tooth and likes martinis.  My uncle and his wife are very awesome people, and I couldn't tell you what their favorite colors are.  Best go for a generic 'manly' print for my uncle and something fun and classic for my uncle's wife. They all love the Boston Red Sox and no allergies for any of them.

-earrings, necklace, or bracelet for my uncle's wife (she's rather tall, so something a bit chunky or daring is probably best for her so it doesn't get too lost!)
-mug rugs for uncle (he likes firetrucks, dark green/manly colors, and America), or grandparents
-homemade preserves for uncle and his wife

For The Kids
I've also got several small children to make gifts for this year - a 3 year old niece, a 4 year old boy, a 1.5 year old boy, a one year old boy, and a 9 month old girl.  They have no allergies of which I'm aware.

These are all just ideas!  If you have something you think they'd love, just let me know.  I'm very open to other ideas. Cheesy

-hooded towels (for a 3 year old girl who loves purple, ducks, and sheep and/or a 4 year old boy who is very much a little boy and loves firemen/policemen/cars) (Examples: example 1, example 2)
-car "garage" for the 4 year old boy for his Matchbox cars (like this or this - no need to get so detailed with the paint or anything on the first one, though)
-decorated t-shirts for one year old boy (size 1-2), 4 year old boy
-library bag for any of these children
-stuffy/amigurumi of some kind for a one year boy
-crayon roll/crayon tote for 3 year old niece (who loves purple, ducks, and sheep and whose birthday is on Christmas itself!)
-felt food for the 3 year old niece
-apron for 3 year old niece (with her name would be awesome - PM for the name, as it's a very unique name and I think she might like having something with it!)
-duck or sheep stuffie for 3 year old niece

For Co-Workers, Friends, Etc.
-ornaments of all kinds
-mug rugs
-mug cozies
-_____ in a Mug (like this or this
-ornament coasters like these for my friend, L, who adores Christmas and all Christmas decorations
-gnome hoopla for friend L who collects gnomes

For Me to Use for Others

-Christmas cards w/ envelopes
-Christmas tags
-reusable cloth gift bags
-handmade gift bows (out of newspaper, magazines, film ... ideas are endless)

For Me

-soup recipes - I'm addicted
-decorations (bunting, ornaments, tree topper, wreath)
-Christmas-y apron
-Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (claymation) or Grinch hoopla (again, a huge, I know)

Thank you in advance for claiming me and helping me with my Christmas list! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011 12:09:56 PM »

I claim kaz814 for a stuffy and some coworker gifts.

Send by 10/8
(1,1,0)

Outstanding claims
sweetyetevil: sugar scrubs and a piece of embroidery - SENT
kaz814: stuffy and some coworker gifts

I'm TroubleT! I live in the Atlanta, GA area with my wonderful husband and 2 kidlets. I'm a high school Spanish teacher (of 21 yrs....EEP!) and love my job! We do not have any major allergies in the house other than my honey allergy so don't send me any granola or pour it over my package please. Wink

General dcor and paper items

~holiday bunting w/ Christmas trees, snowflakes, ornaments, whatever as long as it's not religious - I have one normal size door that leads out of the living room to the kitchen, one wide doorway (think a door and a half in size) leading to the dining room, both of which have no doors and they need to be jazzed up!

~Holiday greeting cards Non religious please! Preferably humorous

~Handmade ornaments - We love silly, quirky ornaments!! Thank you cinnamon teal! ...more of these would be wonderful though! Cheesy

~Gift tags done in white, red or green. Simple is preferable. Thank you cinnamon teal!

~Snowmen stuffies! I decorate our house with these and I add a new one or two to my collection every year! A handmade one would be super special. Cheesy

Husband - Computer programmer by day, awesome husband by night. He loves Fierros, cooking on the grill (think Texas style BBQ), and his dog Malia. No Allergies

~More artwork for his office Hes a computer programmer and is not at all into Fanfic or Gaming. He already has CTRL-ALT-DLT, Binary Man (done in X stitch) and STFU. Both worked in hoops and framed. Maybe something like math humor or  caffeine molecule or geeky beer humor A MAJOR HINT was given to me this past weekend when he saw the paper airplane hoop (super easy stitching!) that I made for the Ongoing Hoopla. He loved it! PM me if you are interested in doing this one because I have a cool idea that I would never be able to pull off myself because he can be super nosey. Hehehe... Thank you msmelissa!

~a remote control organizer for his recliner (Its a medium brown with darker brown flecks) Like this but without the magazine pocket - http://cgi.ebay.com/Fabric-Chair-Tv-Remote-Control-Holder-Organizer-Caddy-/200407666078  maybe done in a forest green or black
I found the time and inspiration to make this one myself!  Grin

Son - 10 yrs old, very creative, loves to draw, heavy reader Cheesy, loves Lego video games. No Allergies

~a decorated box for his art supplies - outer space, legos or Star Wars themed - I'm getting him some really nice colored pencils and maybe a set of pastels this year. Smiley

~a magnetic board (cookie sheet style or something similar) in an Outer Space theme appropriate for a 10 yr old boy (no cutesy aliens please!) maybe made with glow in the dark paint?

~Lego Indiana Jones or Star Wars wall art for his room (walls are sky blue) Painted or papercraft pieced Thank you cinnamon teal!

~ A figurine or stuffy of a Greek mythological beast for his Holiday Book Box - He loved the Hydra and the Minotaur in the first PJ movie.  

~Bookmarks! He loves his books and wont dog ear pages (YAY!) so hed like some handmade book marks, especially if it had his name on it.

~sweater mittens in either a medium blue or red (I can send you a tracing of his hand for this!)

Daughter - 5 yrs old going on DIVA!, loves all things pink, sparkly and princessy. No Allergies

~sweater mittens in either pink or purple (Hand tracing can be provided!)

~a scoodie in either pink or purple, crocheted or sewn
Thank you Miss Barbara! Cheesy

~a princess plushie - I do a holiday themed book box every year and she is really into all things Princessy so her theme will be just that. Smiley

~Girlie Bubble bath! Light floral or fruit scent, maybe a spa kit appropriate for a little girl

~any appropriately girlie small hoopla (6" or smaller) for her hoopla wall - She already has a bunny, Pooh bear, her name and a butterfly. Thank you msmelissa!...but there's no end to her hoopla wall so more is not a bad thing. Wink

My Mom - Sorry no likes, hobbies, or interesting facts for this one. No Allergies

~pieced pillow covers OR a lapghan since she was a bit jealous of dad's blanket last year

~simple, elegant earrings (Fish Hook please, no posts!) - she loves reds, blues, silver and black

My Dad A proud veteran of the Korean war and very actively volunteers with the VA in helping vets get the medical care/funds that they deserve. No Allergies

~ a framed art piece (any medium as long as the design is clean, not cluttered) of a Purple Heart (He received 2 during his years of service.) OR  an appropriate Veterans Day saying like REMEMBER with an American flag. Sayings can be found at http://www.quotegarden.com/veterans-day.html

~a jar of preserves He eats buttered toast with jelly or preserves every morning at breakfast. His favorites are apple butter and peach preserves.

ME! - Check out my profile and "So You Want to Swap?" page on my blog for TONS of info on me. Cheesy I AM VERY ALLERGIC TO HONEY!

~sleep shirts - knee length in a size large, I'd prefer either cotton or flannel, a basic pattern with some sort of sleeve is perfect for me. (Please no cap sleeves. I look horrible in those.)

~a memory board to hang over my craft table to help me keep up with important papers and crafty notes, preferably in "nature" colors like browns, forest green and cream.

Misc. Gifts

~Small Teacher gifts My kids have a total of 5 teachers when you include their after school program.  Were fortunate this year in that they are all totally awesome! Im totally OK with them all being the same.

~Small gifts for our 3 karate instructors. My kids and I all take karate and our instructors have the patience of Jobe. Wink

For my kitteh furchild

~A Kitty Pi!

~catnip filled toys
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011 12:30:29 PM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011 12:17:10 PM »

Okay I claimed Kaz but troublet one upped me haha so I am claiming her!
I am going to make some holiday bunting and a hoop for her daughter... unless she wants one for her son!
I am Beth, I live in Michigan with my greyhound Hallo and boyfriend Sam.

Any craft medium
Ornaments- any medium, colorful, sparkly, whatever!  These do not have to be holiday themed like snow or santa etc
Something jagermeister or bud lite related for boyfriend
Coasters
trivets
new item**plant/garden decorations
new item**candles
New item**eye/sunglass holder
new item**phone covers/cases

Cloth/sewing/crochet/knitting/embroidery
new item**swifter cover
new item**pot holders
new item**crayon roll for a boy Thanks maremare!
coin purse
Mug rugs or cozies Thanks leighi123!
Paperback book covers
Kitchen or decorative towels and wash cloths-does not have to be winter themed so they can use them year round.
Wall art or decoration army related. We lost my nephew so if it could be personalized that would be so great. I would like something for my parents and my sister.
Make up bags-fun prints/styles for sisters and nieces (both in their 20s) Thanks MareMare, nieces are covered!
Scented sachets for hanging or drawers-fruity or clean scents
Bath mitts or poufs-adults (for men too!) and one for a boy and one for a girl (thanks craft addiction)
Pillow cases- tool theme(not for a child), fun print in birds/owls, any batik or unisex print for either male or female
Socks- okay these are for meI wear a size 7 shoe. I have been trying to get some cozy socks since I have been on craftster  haha
Embroidery-Okay one more for me. Something similar this with Beth + Sam on it.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62911726/custom-heart-tree-print-wall-art?ref=sr_gallery_2&ga_search_query=embroidery&ga_noautofacet=1&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade%2Fhousewares%2Fwall_decor
Food goodies
Canned jams, spreads, pickles etc
Coffee beans whole or ground-I have never tried roasting my own but I am sure my parents would love some home roasted beans!
Dog treats-Almost everyone in my family has a dog and my pals do too
Bath & body
Soaps-fruity, treat scents, nothing spicy or overpowering like patchouli
Lotions-small bottles-same scents as above for gift bags
Massage bars
Sugar scrubsThanks troublet
Anything from my pinterest
http://pinterest.com/sweetyetevil/
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011 12:21:04 PM by sweetyetevil » THIS ROCKS   Logged

xladyluckx
Hiatus over...back to crafting.

woo woo!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011 02:42:31 PM »

*Edited on 9/27 - Added more ideas!

I claim Sweetyetevil for tree heart wall art and kitchen towels!!

Hi! I'm Leah from Massachusetts. I have four little dogs and a fabulous fiance Jeremy! I work in the music industry managing bands and doing shows. I love everything funky, weird, and artsy! I'm allergic to cats, anything that has even a piece of fur or dander I'm in puffy face overdrive! lol. Thank goodness for allergy meds!

Here's my list!!

For mom: no allergies
Cool earrings /necklace set
Crocheted, sewn or knitted scarf (cool hues-purple,blue, etc.)
She loves handmade jewelry...silver tones and anything chunky!
coasters - her decor is very modern with earth tones

For hubby to be: allergic to lavender
He loves the color  black, rockabilly, and metal!
iPod case
Sunglasses case
King size pillowcases - skulls, star wars, anything "guy".
Anything star wars - amigurimi, embroidery, pillows, grilling apron....pretty much anything!!! Smiley

For us:
Anything for our day of the dead collection - any medium
Rockabilly toilet seat cover - flames, dice, traditional tattoo themed
Appliqued bath towel mat for outside the shower - red, orange, black, or yellow colors - traditional tattoo, dice, flames etc.
Anything for our day of the dead themed wedding!
Ring pillow - sewn
guest book/cover - sewn
etched glasses

Kitschy hand towels for the kitchen - any medium (applique, embroidered etc.) - I have a display rack with all my craftster swappers' handmade towels on it!
Rockabilly towels for the bathroom-horseshoes,flames,dice etc.
Anything vintage religious themed - we collect that sort of thing!

For my friend Scott: no allergies
Pillow cases standard size. He loves gambling and  Sushi
A zippered or snap closed 12x9 ish bag to put his laptop cables.

For the dogs:
doggie treats
bed blankets/pads - we have 3, sized 19 x 13 inches on the bottoms (any medium - sewn, crocheted, knitted)
doggie tees - Our 3 girls are sized medium, Freedo is a small - anything punk rock or cute!
squeaky toys - made out of that faux lambs wool or canvas - Mabel shreds toys like no tomorrow and these fabrics last the longest it seems!

For office peeps; 2 ladies, 6 guys
Handmade ornaments
Zombie themed desk accessories
Desk accessories for guys
One just got a new apartment - potholders, dish cloths - any medium
handmade stockings - we have 8 people in the office
Coasters
Pencil holders

Stocking stuffers:
Oatmeal soaps
Handmade candles
Mug rugs

Thank you so much in advance to whoever claims me!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011 03:35:40 AM by xladyluckx » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Cake Pop Recipe
Easy Vanilla Peach Souffle Recipe
Graham Cracker Cupcake Recipe
Chocolate-Filled Wonton Recipe
Ricotta Orange Pound Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...