A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
493 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Holiday List Swap Round 2  (Read 6260 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011 12:37:50 PM »

I am going to claim sweetyetevil for sewn potholders.
1 claim, 0 received, 0 sent

I'm Jessica, and I live in Ontario, Canada with my BBW brown tabby (BBBT?), Puddin' Pie (or Puddy for short).  I love planning gifts, gift making, and gift shopping. . . but I don't have a much of a list of people to buy for! So I'd love to prepare some really great gifts for the people I do have, and I've joined this swap to help do just that, since they all appreciate handmade things (well, except maybe my grandpa. But even he appreciates handmade edibles!).

The List

Jewellery Etc
- sparkly necklaces and/or bracelets for Mom
- sparkly or beady headbands/head things for my sister [note she has super-short hair)
- stud earrings for my sister (sparkle works here too, nothing plastic-looking here please maybe metal-looking, or wood, or something else that isnt plastic. Shaped like natural things/animals/etc are neat!)

Knit/Crochet
- cozy accessory (scarf, other type of neckwarmer-type-thing, mitts, sweater, some sort of clothing piece) for my sister *beige/off-whites/browns/greys are best

Bath & Body
- pretty looking & smelling (floral, vanilla) soaps/lotions/bath stuff for Mom
- manly soap (not beer flavoured) for Dad

Foodie
- spices/rubs/recipes/oils/etc for my sister
- tasty sweet things (e.g. dessert in a jar, fancy jams as long as it would last until Christmas) for Mom
- food prep in a jar (meal from a jar type thing) for Grandpa

Other?
- Does someone on my list inspire you to make something else? Let me know!

The People

MOM Mid 50s, lives in a townhouse with my sister. Teaches ESL to adults and really loves it.
Likes: sparkle, nice smelling things, The Shopping Channel, books/groups about separation/divorce, leopard print & glossy red in housewares (not clothing!), riding on backs of motorcycles, tea (with goodies)
Dislikes: non-pretty things, cooking, cleaning

SISTER 21, lives with mom. Graphic designer (starts a new job at a loose tea company on Tuesday!)
Likes: thrifty fashion (ultra-layered, 1920s & other vintage, gypsy-esque, cozy pieces), cooking, planning future businesses (branding studio? crepe truck?), reading (especially Agatha Christie), movies, her tuxedo cat Patches, tea
Dislikes: cake, bookmarks, bright colours

DAD 60 (but youd never guess), lives in the middle of nowhere on his own (and it works for him)
Likes: motorcycles (cruisers, not sport bikes), cooking, wood carving, the outdoors, reading (especially sci-fi & Westerns), fly fishing, lakes & oceans, red wine, good Scotch, travelling
Dislikes: beer, sports, cities

GRANDPA 80s, German, lives independently on his own
Likes: walking in the mall, Readers Digest, yelling at CNN, visiting the Germania Club,
Dislikes: a lot of things, getting presents (we usually go gift card or edible), cooking (well, more that he can't really cook except for turkey soup, pork hawks, and sauerkraut) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011 12:49:36 PM »

I claim psyche for a cozy accessorie for her sister

(2,0,0)

Hi!  I’m Melanie from Ontario, Canada. I’m a 34 year old stay-at-home-mom to 5, 4 boys and 1 baby girl. I’m a craftaholic, lol.  No allergies at our house really. 

I have 3 teachers to get gifts for, and one EA.  I`d prefer if they were different because the twins are in the same class with 2 teachers (1 male, 1 female) and they each like to give a small gift.  Ethans teacher is a women as well.

Natalie – SIL – Nat loves dancing and has just started baking.  She is in the process of opening her own dance studio!!!  Starting small with a single class and hoping to expand.  She loves turtles.
Ballerina loaded charm bracelet
Apron in cute fabric  thanks texscrapper!!!!
Oven mitts/potholders in cute fabric
NEW**A business card holder for her new business cards

Mom – OK, my Mom is hard!!  Maybe not, but she is for me.  She has a unique style I think.  They just bought a new house and just built a huge awesome deck in the back that they will like to use a lot in the summer (winter too if its not too cold). They also just put a new hottub in the deck that she loves!  She likes wine.  She has little iguanas hanging around (ceramic, not real) and she likes bold colours.
I would LOVE if someone could knit her these socks http://de.dawanda.com/product/2737802-Eidechsensocke
Potholders like these ones  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=379422.0 in a sunflower or ladybug theme
NEW**My Moms a machine shop teacher in high school.  Maybe something she could use in school.

Dad – My Dad is another one who is pretty difficult.  Hes originally from Manchester England and loves Manchester soccer team.  I really don’t have any ideas for him.
Man U coasters

Max - Brother – Again I don’t know!!  Haha.  Max and Nat have an awesome puppy, (hes a little over 1 now) an English Bulldog named Boonze.
I’d love to get a collar or neckerchief for boonze with his name on it

Quenton –  Quenton has just started highschool and is 14.  He has now joined the football and rugby teams but he really likes soccer the most.  He likes playing xbox and loves his blackberry!
Xbox pillow

Liam – Liam is my little mathematician. He figured out multiplication all on his own in grade 1!  Hes now in gr. 2. He loves Mario games and his Wii and DSiXL.
Notebook cover with holder for crayons/pencil crayons
Bowser plush
DSiXL case

Aidan – Aidans favourite subject is reading and writing.  He also loves to draw.  Hes a little gamer too but loves Luigi, Sonic and Link the most.  Also in gr.2.
Notebook cover with place for crayons/pencil crayons
Bowser plush
DSiXL case

Ethan – Ethan is my little trouble maker.  Lately he loves firemen and policemen, so ANYTHING inspired by that would be great! He also loves Spongebob, Mickey and Handy Manny, Buzz Lightyear.
I spy bag
Fireman/policeman ANYTHING (plush, bag, toy…….)

Daysie-Lynn – Well, shes the first girl, so needless to say, after 4 boys, shes very girly, haha.  She’ll be 7 months at Christmas time. I seem to love the colour combos with browns for her (pink/brown, lt blue/brown…..)
Shes a very drooly baby, so bibs would be great.
Burp cloths are very useful too!
Baby Headbands with big flowers or even maybe a special holiday one for Christmas Day
Baby Grab ball like this http://www.etsy.com/listing/71011829/baby-grab-ball
NEW**hooded towel

Kid Gifts – My MIL has foster kids and we all consider them family!!  I’d love to get them some little things. I have no idea really what. Theres 3 girls (16, 14, 12)and 1 boy (16) thanks kartiana!!!!

Any stocking stuffers for my kiddies would be much appreciated too.  Anything  you would think my kids would like!!

NEW**  Daysie-Lynn needs a stocking, something personalized would be nice
            Some Christmas ornaments, I like blue with snowflakes
            A personalized ornament for the kids in themes they would like
            Some Christmas cards for me to send out (more funny than religious)
            Cute Gift tags for presents
            OK something for me??  Bella mitts, I don't like Twilight, but I love the mitts!
            A dreamcatcher for the boys

Thanks!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011 06:15:57 PM by mama24boyz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011 04:21:47 PM »

I claim mama24boyz for some journals for her MIL's foster children  Smiley
(1,0,0)

Hello, Im Reinikka from Southern California. Im really excited to start collecting handmade gifts for my friends and family! Please include your business tag and/or business card with anything you make (even a tag that says Handcrafted by: Your Name would be nice). You dont have to worry about allergies, but I would appreciate no smoke/dirty smells on anything.

Sewn / Embroidery Items
~ Tea wallet ~ for my mom ~ She likes burgundy and purple, blue would also work but she would probably be happy with any color/pattern, just stay away from childish prints and bright pink ~ No allergies
~ Coffee mug cozy ~ for my grandma ~ The kind that goes around a coffee mug and through the handle, a few yarn examples on this pin board but I imagine these could also be sewn ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, reindeer themed  ~ for my mom ~ Not cartoony, she likes deer silhouettes similar to these: Reindeer #1 and Reindeer #2 and Reindeer #3 ~ No allergies
~ Bathroom hand  towels, frog themed  ~ for my mom ~ She collects frogs and has them all over in one bathroom so I think a few froggy hand towels would be cute. Green, light blue, or white/cream ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, Mary Engelbreit themed/inspired  ~ for my mom ~ anything inspired by Mary Engelbreits art  ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, Jewish themed  ~ for my mom ~ Shes not really Jewish, but she pretends to be anyway. Maybe a Star of David, Menorah, Dreidel, etc~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, rooster themed  ~ for my mom-in-law ~ She collects any and all roosters, so have fun! ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, snowman themed  ~ for my mom-in-law ~ She collects snowmen for Xmas decorating ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, farm/tractor themed ~ for my uncle-in-law ~ he lives in the country with his cows ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen / Bathroom hand towels, Finland themed  ~ for other family members ~ Maybe a Finland flag? or Finnish saying/words (PM me for ideas if you need any)? ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen / Bathroom hand towels, Winter themed  ~ for other family members ~ Christmas themed is fine too, just nothing too religious. Im thinking Santa, Xmas trees, Presents, etc ~ No allergies
~ Oven mitt, farm/tractor themed ~ for my uncle-in-law ~ he lives in the country with his cows, every Christmas he bakes us a batch of yummy bread and homemade jam ~ No allergies
~ Apron to be used as painting smock ~ for my crafty friend ~ She loves anything Disney (especially Stitch), dancing (country line dancing, belly dancing, Hawaiian, and she just started learning tap), theatre and theatre tech, peace signs, and the Ohm symbol She is not a girly girl, so no pink please. She likes purple, blue, and green. ~ No allergies
~ Reusable produce bags ~ for my mom ~ any color (as long as you can see whats inside) and a variety of sizes would be great ~ No allergies
~ Tote / Project bag, Mary Engelbreit themed/inspired  ~ for my mom ~ anything inspired by Mary Engelbreits art  ~ No allergies
~ Tote / Book bag, role play/nerd themed ~ for my husband ~ to carry around his RPG books, has to be strong/durable, maybe made out of canvas or denim? Anything with RPG/nerdy references would be great, I can provide some quotes if needed ~ No allergies
~ Large tote/bag ~ for my crafty friend ~ She loves anything Disney (especially Stitch), dancing (country line dancing, belly dancing, Hawaiian, and she just started learning tap), theatre and theatre tech, peace signs, and the Ohm symbol She is not a girly girl, so no pink please. She likes purple, blue, and green. ~ No allergies
~ Reusable gift bags ~ for anyone and everyone on my list ~ Any color/theme (a few Christian ones would be nice along with a few Jewish ones), variety of sizes would be great but Id rather have them too big then too small ~ No allergies
~ D20 dice bag ~ for my husband ~ His fav colors are green and blue, but I think black,  white, or red  would also be nifty for this, example and tutorial (PM me if you have other color ideas) ~ No allergies
~ Mug rug (or two) ~ for my mom ~ Nothing flashy or tacky, she likes burgundy and purple, but other colors would also work. Her kitchen is light blue and cream colored. A dreidel or menorah would be fun. (no overly bright, pastel, or too dark please) ~ No allergies
~ Mug rug (or two) ~ for my grandma ~ Im envisioning light blue and creams or burgundy and purple but she would probably love anything. Little Drummer Boy song themed would be fantastic (not the stop motion animated cartoon though). ~ No allergies
~ Mug rug (or two) ~ for my aunt ~ Something Christmas themed without being tacky would be nice, or something she can use year round. Deep reds, burgundy, purple.  (no overly bright or pastel please) ~ No allergies
~ Mug rug (or two) ~ for my mom-in-law ~ Something Christmas themed, chicken themed, or snowmen themed ~ No allergies
~ Place mat ~ for my cousin ~ Loves Elmo and Teletubies (I think the red one is his favorite) or this could be Christmas themed. Something with his name would also be fun~ No allergies
~ Large, adult sized bib with plastic pocket for catching food laminated/slick fabric for easy cleaning ~ for my cousin ~ He is physically an adult but mentally a child and we love him more than anything! My aunt loves the few bibs she has for him and Im sure she would love one or two more. He loves Elmo and Teletubies but other themes would be fine, something with his name would also be fun. Snap or velcro clasp please, no tie. Example, this is a toddler bib, but the right design idea ~ No allergies
~ Stitch stuffed animal ~ for my crafty friend ~ Stitch is her favorite Disney character and she collects him, I think a handmade, on of a kind one would be much loved ~ No allergies

Yarny Items  (Natural fibers only please)
~ Nice washcloths ~ to add as an extra for family/friends ~ any color but would really like some whites & creams and softer colors (light blue, mint green, etc) ~ No allergies
~ Coffee mug cozy ~ for my grandma ~ The kind that goes around a coffee mug and through the handle, a few examples on this pin board (could also be sewn) ~ No allergies
~ Stitch amigurumi ~ for my crafty friend ~ Stitch is her favorite Disney character and she collects him ~ No allergies

Jewelry / Ornaments / Similar Crafts
~ Beaded bookmarks ~ for my grandma, aunt, and mom-in-law ~ No color preference (maybe purples, silver, black light blue?), these examples are for type only, not content/colors: metal thingy that goes in book + beading that hangs outside and/or ribbon that goes inside + beading on one or both ends ~ No allergies
~ Jewish themed ornaments  ~ for my mom ~ Shes not really Jewish, but she pretends to be. Maybe a Star of David, Menorah, Dreidel, etc~ No allergies
~ Finnish themed ornaments ~ for family ~ Would love some holiday sayings like "Hauskaa Joulua" (Merry Christmas) or a Joulupukki (Santa) ornament ~ No allergies
~ Winnie the Pooh themed ornaments ~ for my step-mom ~ She loves any and all things Winnie the Pooh related ~ No allergies
~ Salt shaker ornament ~ for my dad ~ We have a running joke about his love of salt, this can be classy or funny and you can include the pepper shaker if you want to (or a salt & salt shaker set would be funny) ~ No allergies

Other Crafts
~ Hand spun/died yarn, natural fibers ~ for my mom ~ just one or two of these since she has a massive stash already (that she is trying to thin down), I really think she would like some though so even though she doesnt need it Im gonna take the risk that she might like some. Any color, but would especially love some purples ~ No allergies
~ Handmade candles ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s) ~ No allergies
~ Teacup Candle  ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s), any nice/fancy cup. example and tutorial ~ No allergies
~ Handmade soap ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s), I have a few people with sensitive skin on my list, so would love some made with this in mind ~ No allergies (Thank you sweetyetevil, I love the soap you sent! Keeping this up though cause I'd like a few more)
~ Bath salts / bombs / soaks / etc ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s) ~ No allergies
~ Bath tea bags ~  for family/friends ~ any scent(s), here is a cute tutorial ~ No allergies
~ Containers for cookies, looking for at least 5 ~ I have been requested to bake some holiday cookies and I would love something creative to put them in, nice tin, decorated jar, etc ~ No allergies but must be safe for food
~ Flower bombs (with instructions) ~ for my aunt-in-law ~ she lives near Seattle Washington, I dont know what type of flowers grow best there. She is an avid gardener and I think shed get a kick out of them ~ No allergies
~ Bigfoot themed ATCs ~ for my husband ~ Im having a hard time thinking of things for him, but I know he likes all the Bigfoot ATCs Ive received so far so a few more would be nice ~ No allergies
~ Dr Who wall art, Bow ties are cool ~ for my husband ~ Im up for other Dr Who ideas, but please PM me to discuss first ~ No allergies
~ Set of coasters, TV & Movie themed any craft type ~ for my husband ~ Dr. Who, Torchwood, Ghost Busters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (80's/90's version), Firefly/Serenity, and I can provide more upon request. ~ No allergies
~ Set of coasters, beverage themed any craft type ~ for my husband ~ he loves Widmer Brothers brewery, Dechutes Brewery, Dr. Pepper, Mt. Dew, Orange soda, and Root beer (I also like the Dechutes Brewery beers if you want to make something I'd like too  Wink ) ~ No allergies
~ Hand painted wood trays ~ for my mom ~ She uses these for beading projects so they must have an edge so nothing escapes. A Mary Engelbreit inspired tray would be wonderful, otherwise just something pretty  ~ No allergies
~ Craft kit ~ for my crafty friend ~ We do paper crafting together and I know she would love some more supplies of her own; paper, paint, brushes, paper cutter, paper punches, glue, ribbon, ephemera, painting canvases, etc. She especially loves anything Disney, so Disney stickers, embellishments, and Disney paper would be much loved (Stitch is her favorite) ~ No allergies

~ Anything not listed but you feel inspired to make ~ I would love to hear other ideas, but please PM me first just to be sure
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011 04:25:13 PM by kartiana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011 04:48:05 PM »

I claim kartiana for some nice washcloths!
(1,0,0)

Hi!  My name is Barbara (a.k.a.-"Miss Barbara") and I live in Long Island, NY with my DH and three kids:  17 year old son, 9 year old daughter, and 7 year old daughter.  We celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah in our house; DH and son also have birthdays around the holidays as well!

*We have SLIGHT allergies in our house.  I can receive from someone who has pets as long as the pets are kept away from the craft and supplies.  No partners who smoke or who have smokers in the house, please.  Thanks!*

The gifts I have listed are going to my girls' numerous teachers (i.e.-regular school, Hebrew School, before and after school care), my co-workers, and some friends.  NO COLOR PREFERENCE/NO STYLE PREFERENCE/NO THEME PREFERENCE for any of the items, unless otherwise specified.  Have fun!

SOAP:
-Bath soaps, bath bombs, etc...  (My children would like these as well!  Son likes the scented ones, the girls would like the ones in fun shapes, please.)

SEWN:
-Bookmarks
-Key fobs
-Tea wallets
-Coasters
-Mug rugs
-Non-religious ornaments (I'm thinking a general 'winter' theme would be great!)
-Simple tote bags
-Reusuable gift bags

PAPERCRAFT:
-Bookmarks
-Journals
-Gift tags(Thanks, kartiana!)(I can use a lot of these, so I'm going to leave it up.)
-Cards (Again, a general 'winter' theme would be great!)

JEWELRY:
-Any bracelet, necklace, pin, or ring you would like to create!

*If you have an idea for something you'd like to make, and it's not on the list, please PM me!  I am looking for "generic" gifts that don't need to be personalized.  Thanks!*
___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _________

FOR MY BEST FRIEND:
-I just recently found out that she had a stroke, and will be spending some time in rehab.  She's a young woman, only 38.  I would very much appreciate anything that anyone would like to make her   Her favorite color is lime green.  Her feet are always cold (she is only 4'11", so she has tiny feet).
-Something 'Tetris' themed
-Something 'Beeker' themed (from 'The Muppet Show')
-Something 'daffodil' themed

FOR MY OTHER BEST FRIEND:
-Jewelry of any kind that has purple in it
-Something for her to store her jewelry in that has purple in it (She is such a giving and thoughtful person; she deserves something special.)

FOR A DIFFERENT FRIEND:
-Crochet hook roll in some shade of blue (I work with her on Friday nights, and we inspire each other to be creative!)

FOR MY SON:
-A glass/set of glasses with the 'Teeny Little Super Guy' on them (My son was a preemie and I used to sing him this song all the time!)
-Anything 'penguin' themed
-cuff links
-tie tack

FOR MY 9 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER:
-Anything 'animal/reptile/amphibian' related
-Some sort of veternarian play set??  (She wants to be a vet when she grows up.)

FOR MY 7 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER:
-Anything 'princess' related
-Anything 'dress-up' related
-Decorated headbands

FOR MY HUSBAND:
-Anything 'squirrel' related
-Anything 'bug' related (He's an exterminator.)
-Anything 'Domo' related (We're all obsessed with Domo!)
-Anything 'Buddha' related

FOR MY GRANDMA YOLANDA:
-A fancy/nifty/cool pincushion in some shade of green (It's her favorite color.)  (I'm a teacher and we have 'foster' grandparents in some of the classrooms in my school.  Grandma Yolanda and I were together for about three years, and we've become very good friends and she is a special person to me.  She is also a terrific seamstress!)
-Some type of fancy/cool/nifty covered tape measure.  (As I mentioned before, she is a terrific seamstress, she likes to cook, work with children, etc...)
-A thread catcher thingy (Again, in some shade of green, please.)
-Anything to do with elephants.

FOR MY CLASSROOM:
-A set of VERY STURDILY MADE pom-poms for use in movement and color recognition activities with my preschoolers.  (In every color of the rainbow, please-including brown, grey, and white.)

(I cannot take or post photos, so if you claim me, please take and post photos!  Thank you so much!)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
JessySihk
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011 04:56:32 PM »

I claim Miss Barbara for Jewelry for her children's various teachers =]

1 claimed,0 received,0 sent
I am Jess, or Jessy, I live in Washington state. I am 21, a culinary school graduate and lover of crafting.
I would love to get some great gifts for family members as well as give some! =]

~Crafts~

*A 16x16 inch (minimum, I could use more than one as gifts!) quilted or appliqued (or both) Mug/teapot rug in any of the following themes and/or color schemes: Autumn, batik, seahorse and bubbles, tealblue and brown, black and red, black and gold, black white and red, greens in varying shades, varying shades of purple, steampunk, cogs and gears, snakes, geckos, cats.

*A Teapot cozy also in any of the color schemes or themes mentioned above. Preferably with an opening for the spout and handle. (Can provide measurements of the ideal teapot size)

*Leather wrist cuff's for uncle, he loves to play WoW so a something with a Horde symbol on it would be great. Or just something like this http://wists.com/JessySihk/cd58b0aea866c5cddb3577874755ffdd

*A beard beanie for the uncle, like this one: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62873296/gray-beard-hat-sm?ref=sr_gallery_5&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=beard+hat&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

*Bath and body stuff for Mom, she loves anything Lavender scented especially if its got real lavender flowers in it, also citrus and melon.

*Anything to do with Gardening for Granny, she loves to garden, her favorite color is green. A set of polymer clay magnets, or done in any other medium, gardening apron, tool holder, etc...

*A sculpted polymer clay crested gecko for my 2nd mother like this one but made into something wearable like a necklace or pin. http://wists.com/JessySihk/c6cbf7a708d6780b1d6faef66a7e2691
If you do not know what a Crested gecko is please look it up =P Or check out the etsy seller whose sculpture i have linked, she's great! She has a deviant art too.

*Anything to do with old Mustang car's for dad.

*Anything silly or practical joke like for Grandpa (example: last year i got him a book on the different kinds of poop lol, and granny got him a fake mullet hat)

*Anything gothy or old horror for my friend, Jewelry, wearables, purses, etc

*Unique jewelry for Granny #2. She loves gold anything, and likes things ranging from simple to minimalistic unique. But must be in gold! (not real gold of course =P)

*Anything to do with turtles for my Aunt, she's kind of punk in her style, so if that could be tied in that would be great. She doesn't wear much jewelry, but a tote bag or something would be great.

*Or a slouchy knit or Crochet black hat, like a beret. for Aunty =] Embellished with studs if possible is even better! I like this style or anything similar: http://www.etsy.com/listing/69882238/slouchy-beret-denim-blue?ref=sr_gallery_35&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=slouchy+beret&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

*Anything African Ethnic for my Step mother (who is african american) Jewelry, bandana's, wearables, table runner, etc

*Anything gothy reptile themed for my the 2nd mommy, but it still needs to be girly. And she's an older woman, so not as teen/childish, she likes victorian age goth type stuff. Elaborate jewelry, wearables, etc..
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011 08:33:54 PM by JessySihk » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The craft swapping community! =] Check it out!
http://whoopdwhoop.com/

You can get my jawbone necklaces in my shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CavePunker
http://www.wists.com/JessySihk
sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011 11:47:05 AM »

I am claiming Jessysihk for some magnets for granny and one other item for her pal. I need to confirm with her about that item!

3 claimed,1 received,1 sent
I am Beth, I live in Michigan with my greyhound Hallo and boyfriend Sam.

Any craft medium
Ornaments- any medium, colorful, sparkly, whatever!  These do not have to be holiday themed like snow or santa etc
Something jagermeister or bud lite related for boyfriend
Coasters
trivets
plant/garden decorations
candles
eye/sunglass holder
phone covers/cases
*new item*decorated picture frames-little boy themed
*new item* wall art with flowers or birds in brown & blue tones or yellow tones for my pal.
*new item* name bracelets or necklaces for my nieces with their kids names (one has Caleb and the other Eli)
*new item*needle book
*new item* small rag rugs for in front of sinks- any colors

Cloth/sewing/crochet/knitting/embroidery
*new item*place mat sets
swifter cover
pot holders thanks psyche!
new item**crayon roll for a boy Thanks maremare!
coin purse
Mug rugs or cozies Thanks leighi123!
Paperback book covers
Kitchen or decorative towels and wash cloths-does not have to be winter themed so they can use them year round.
Wall art or decoration army related. We lost my nephew so if it could be personalized that would be so great. I would like something for my parents and my sister.
Make up bags-fun prints/styles for sisters and nieces (both in their 20s) Thanks MareMare, nieces are covered!
Scented sachets for hanging or drawers-fruity or clean scents
Pillow cases- tool theme(not for a child), fun print in birds/owls, any batik or unisex print for either male or female

Embroidery-Okay one more for me. Something similar this with Beth + Sam on it. thanks troublet!!

Food goodies
Canned jams, spreads, pickles etc
Coffee beans whole or ground-I have never tried roasting my own but I am sure my parents would love some home roasted beans!
Dog treats-Almost everyone in my family has a dog and my pals do too
Bath & body
Soaps-fruity, treat scents, nothing spicy or overpowering like patchouli
Lotions-small bottles-same scents as above for gift bags
Massage bars
Sugar scrubs  Thanks troublet
Anything from my pinterest
http://pinterest.com/sweetyetevil/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011 11:48:05 AM by sweetyetevil » THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011 06:28:54 AM »

I will claim sweetyetevil for a needle book.
(I'm already sending her a package so I might as well add to it!)

2 claims, 0 received, 0 sent

I'm Jessica, and I live in Ontario, Canada with my BBW brown tabby (BBBT?), Puddin' Pie (or Puddy for short).  I love planning gifts, gift making, and gift shopping. . . but I don't have a much of a list of people to buy for! So I'd love to prepare some really great gifts for the people I do have, and I've joined this swap to help do just that, since they all appreciate handmade things (well, except maybe my grandpa. But even he appreciates handmade edibles!).

The List

Jewellery Etc
- sparkly necklaces and/or bracelets for Mom
- sparkly or beady headbands/head things for my sister [note she has super-short hair)
- stud earrings for my sister (sparkle works here too, nothing plastic-looking here please maybe metal-looking, or wood, or something else that isnt plastic. Shaped like natural things/animals/etc are neat!)

Knit/Crochet
 - cozy accessory (scarf, other type of neckwarmer-type-thing, mitts, sweater, some sort of clothing piece) for my sister *beige/off-whites/browns/greys are best - Thanks mama24boyz!

Bath & Body
- pretty looking & smelling (floral, vanilla) soaps/lotions/bath stuff for Mom
- manly soap (not beer flavoured) for Dad

Foodie
- spices/rubs/recipes/oils/etc for my sister
- tasty sweet things (e.g. dessert in a jar, fancy jams as long as it would last until Christmas) for Mom
- food prep in a jar (meal from a jar type thing) for Grandpa

Other?
- Does someone on my list inspire you to make something else? Let me know!

The People

MOM Mid 50s, lives in a townhouse with my sister. Teaches ESL to adults and really loves it.
Likes: sparkle, nice smelling things, The Shopping Channel, books/groups about separation/divorce, leopard print & glossy red in housewares (not clothing!), riding on backs of motorcycles, tea (with goodies)
Dislikes: non-pretty things, cooking, cleaning

SISTER 21, lives with mom. Graphic designer (starts a new job at a loose tea company on Tuesday!)
Likes: thrifty fashion (ultra-layered, 1920s & other vintage, gypsy-esque, cozy pieces), cooking, planning future businesses (branding studio? crepe truck?), reading (especially Agatha Christie), movies, her tuxedo cat Patches, tea
Dislikes: cake, bookmarks, bright colours

DAD 60 (but youd never guess), lives in the middle of nowhere on his own (and it works for him)
Likes: motorcycles (cruisers, not sport bikes), cooking, wood carving, the outdoors, reading (especially sci-fi & Westerns), fly fishing, lakes & oceans, red wine, good Scotch, travelling
Dislikes: beer, sports, cities

GRANDPA 80s, German, lives independently on his own
Likes: walking in the mall, Readers Digest, yelling at CNN, visiting the Germania Club,
Dislikes: a lot of things, getting presents (we usually go gift card or edible), cooking (well, more that he can't really cook except for turkey soup, pork hawks, and sauerkraut) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klg_jlg
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011 08:03:20 AM »

I claim psyche for hair pretties for her sister. =)
1 claimed, 0 received, 0 sent

I'm Kassie, I live in Idaho Falls, Idaho with my sweet husband and 9 1/2 month old little girl. I'm a photographer. =)

**Note: Almost anything on this list can also be found on my Pinterest**

Me:
-silk wrap bracelet & pink and chain braid bracelet http://pinterest.com/kgroll/my-style/
-knitted hat http://www.anniesattic.com/knitting/detail.html?prod_id=80545&cat_id=1045
-White lace mini pencil style http://pinterest.com/pin/288048282/
-Knitted headband/ear warmer...grey please
-Tall Boot socks *Love the knitted/crochet details for the top part that shows
-Earring/necklace set.. can pin more

Household:
-Chunky cable throw http://pinterest.com/pin/145485935/
-Tree Skirt: bright, modern & lively. Currently have a white tree with black and silver ornaments. Looking to add one accent pop color and would like it incorporated a lot into the tree skirt. Maybe plum? http://pinterest.com/pin/253409490/
-Wreaths for year round use
-Experience Advent calendar in above colors.. Experiences are in seasonal board
-holiday bunting
-Christmas stocking I really love the modern style of >> But again, let's try to do the same general color scheme with whites, silver, plums and black only as an accent. http://pinterest.com/pin/305119588/
(Can anyone tell it's going to be our first REAL Christmas now that we have our little one?) ;P

My little girl:
**Currently in 12 month clothing, Size 2 shoes**
-any dresses from Little One board.. http://pinterest.com/kgroll/little-one/
-would LOVE some little boots like these >http://www.joyfolieblog.com/2011/01/mod-boots-and-another-taft.html *Maybe in grey/neutral and keep color coordinated graphic pattern for accent
-Hemp/overnight soakers
-Cloth diapering accessories & Vacation size wet bag
-Baby leg warmers
-Felt foods

Hubby:
-Sturdy wallet--Please no duct tape
-Knit hats--grey, navy, black
-Landscape art of Teton Mountains (He LOVES landscapes and I can paint anything except them!)

**For multiple guys in the family.. Some sort of little organizing kit for vehicles.. Maybe a reusable trash sack, little bin with different places to store things.. Idk.. Need at least 2 "kits", prefer 3

Mom:
-Small coupon organizer
-unique cookie cutters
-warm & Fuzzy house slippers (size 6- 6 1/2) http://pinterest.com/pin/284881155/

Dad:
Don't have a specific idea.. He likes the Denver Broncos, St. Louis  Blues, fishing and hunting

Sister:
-Kitchen accessories (pot holders, dish towels, full length apron) in turquoise, red, and white colors.
-turquoise t shirt rug for in front of kitchen
-(4) placemats with utensil pocket

Little Brother (Cool:
-All he wants for Christmas is a Iron Man or Hulk dress up type set.. maybe even cool accessories?

DH's Parents:
-Homemade caramels in air tight jars
-Scripture covers http://pinterest.com/pin/284881155/

Sister In Law #1:
-2 Camera straps w/lens cover pocket http://www.etsy.com/listing/78182380/camera-strap-lens-cap-pocket-holder
-Camera bag to coordinate at least 1 strap *Would love a couple pockets and tiny bit of extra room*

SIL #2:
-Decoupage letter blocks for seasonal decor
-Knotted headbands

SIL#3:
-collapsible fabric storage bins.. medium and larger sizes please
-Scarves
-Yoga mat bag
-affirmation stones  http://pinterest.com/pin/69349885/

Nieces:
**Need to get sizes, so just ask if you choose these**
clothing, toys, loveys
bumper pad from soft fabrics-lady bug themed so colors are red, white & black

Cut vinyl quotes/graphics. Just cut and onto transfer paper so I can apply to projects myself.
**Would really like at least 1 of the following: grandparent themed (my parents are first timers with our LO), love/bedroom themed, child's room (girl, ladybug room)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwiththegrizls.com
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011 08:41:27 AM »

I claim klg_jlg for a hat for her husband.

Send by 10/25
(3,0,0)

Outstanding claims
kaz814: gifts for her coworkers
tapestrymlp: gift for her mom and a surprise
klg_jlg: crocheted hat

I'm TroubleT! I live in the Atlanta, GA area with my wonderful husband and 2 kidlets. I'm a high school Spanish teacher (of 21 yrs....EEP!) and love my job! We do not have any major allergies in the house other than my honey allergy so don't send me any granola or pour it over my package please. Wink

General dcor and paper items

~holiday bunting w/ Christmas trees, snowflakes, ornaments, whatever as long as it's not religious - I have one normal size door that leads out of the living room to the kitchen, one wide doorway (think a door and a half in size) leading to the dining room, both of which have no doors and they need to be jazzed up!

~Holiday greeting cards Non religious please! Preferably humorous

~Handmade ornaments - We love silly, quirky ornaments!! Thank you cinnamon teal! ...more of these would be wonderful though! Cheesy

~Gift tags done in white, red or green. Simple is preferable. Thank you cinnamon teal!

~Snowmen stuffies! I decorate our house with these and I add a new one or two to my collection every year! A handmade one would be super special. Cheesy

Husband - Computer programmer by day, awesome husband by night. He loves Fierros, cooking on the grill (think Texas style BBQ), and his dog Malia. No Allergies

~More artwork for his office Hes a computer programmer and is not at all into Fanfic or Gaming. He already has CTRL-ALT-DLT, Binary Man (done in X stitch) and STFU. Both worked in hoops and framed. Maybe something like math humor or  caffeine molecule or geeky beer humor A MAJOR HINT was given to me this past weekend when he saw the paper airplane hoop (super easy stitching!) that I made for the Ongoing Hoopla. He loved it! PM me if you are interested in doing this one because I have a cool idea that I would never be able to pull off myself because he can be super nosey. Hehehe... Thank you msmelissa!

~a remote control organizer for his recliner (Its a medium brown with darker brown flecks) Like this but without the magazine pocket - http://cgi.ebay.com/Fabric-Chair-Tv-Remote-Control-Holder-Organizer-Caddy-/200407666078  maybe done in a forest green or black
I found the time and inspiration to make this one myself!  Grin

Son - 10 yrs old, very creative, loves to draw, heavy reader Cheesy, loves Lego video games. No Allergies

~a decorated box for his art supplies - outer space, legos or Star Wars themed - I'm getting him some really nice colored pencils and maybe a set of pastels this year. Smiley

~a magnetic board (cookie sheet style or something similar) in an Outer Space theme appropriate for a 10 yr old boy (no cutesy aliens please!) maybe made with glow in the dark paint?

~Lego Indiana Jones or Star Wars wall art for his room (walls are sky blue) Painted or papercraft pieced Thank you cinnamon teal!

~ A figurine or stuffy of a Greek mythological beast for his Holiday Book Box - He loved the Hydra and the Minotaur in the first PJ movie.  

~Bookmarks! He loves his books and wont dog ear pages (YAY!) so hed like some handmade book marks, especially if it had his name on it.

~sweater mittens in either a medium blue or red (I can send you a tracing of his hand for this!)

Daughter - 5 yrs old going on DIVA!, loves all things pink, sparkly and princessy. No Allergies

~sweater mittens in either pink or purple (Hand tracing can be provided!)

~a scoodie in either pink or purple, crocheted or sewn
Thank you Miss Barbara! Cheesy

~a princess plushie - I do a holiday themed book box every year and she is really into all things Princessy so her theme will be just that. Smiley

~Girlie Bubble bath! Light floral or fruit scent, maybe a spa kit appropriate for a little girl

~any appropriately girlie small hoopla (6" or smaller) for her hoopla wall - She already has a bunny, Pooh bear, her name and a butterfly. Thank you msmelissa!...but there's no end to her hoopla wall so more is not a bad thing. Wink

My Mom - Sorry no likes, hobbies, or interesting facts for this one. No Allergies

~pieced pillow covers OR a lapghan since she was a bit jealous of dad's blanket last year

~simple, elegant earrings (Fish Hook please, no posts!) - she loves reds, blues, silver and black

My Dad A proud veteran of the Korean war and very actively volunteers with the VA in helping vets get the medical care/funds that they deserve. No Allergies

~ a framed art piece (any medium as long as the design is clean, not cluttered) of a Purple Heart (He received 2 during his years of service.) OR  an appropriate Veterans Day saying like REMEMBER with an American flag. Sayings can be found at http://www.quotegarden.com/veterans-day.html

~a jar of preserves He eats buttered toast with jelly or preserves every morning at breakfast. His favorites are apple butter and peach preserves.

ME! - Check out my profile and "So You Want to Swap?" page on my blog for TONS of info on me. Cheesy I AM VERY ALLERGIC TO HONEY!

~sleep shirts - knee length in a size large, I'd prefer either cotton or flannel, a basic pattern with some sort of sleeve is perfect for me. (Please no cap sleeves. I look horrible in those.)

~a memory board to hang over my craft table to help me keep up with important papers and crafty notes, preferably in "nature" colors like browns, forest green and cream.

Misc. Gifts

~Small Teacher gifts My kids have a total of 5 teachers when you include their after school program.  Were fortunate this year in that they are all totally awesome! Im totally OK with them all being the same.

~Small gifts for our 3 karate instructors. My kids and I all take karate and our instructors have the patience of Jobe. Wink

For my kitteh furchild

~A Kitty Pi!

~catnip filled toys
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011 08:44:21 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
klg_jlg
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011 07:59:21 PM »

I claim Trouble T for some hooplas for her little one =)

2 claimed, 0 received, 0 sent
Outstanding Claims:
Hair pretties to psyche to send by 10/25
Mini hooplas to troubleT to send by 10/25

I'm Kassie, I live in Idaho Falls, Idaho with my sweet husband and 9 1/2 month old little girl. I'm a photographer. =)

**Note: Almost anything on this list can also be found on my Pinterest**

Me:
-silk wrap bracelet & pink and chain braid bracelet http://pinterest.com/kgroll/my-style/
-knitted hat http://www.anniesattic.com/knitting/detail.html?prod_id=80545&cat_id=1045
-White lace mini pencil style http://pinterest.com/pin/288048282/
-Knitted headband/ear warmer...grey please
-Tall Boot socks *Love the knitted/crochet details for the top part that shows
-Earring/necklace set.. can pin more

Household:
-Chunky cable throw http://pinterest.com/pin/145485935/
-Tree Skirt: bright, modern & lively. Currently have a white tree with black and silver ornaments. Looking to add one accent pop color and would like it incorporated a lot into the tree skirt. Maybe plum? http://pinterest.com/pin/253409490/
-Wreaths for year round use
-Experience Advent calendar in above colors.. Experiences are in seasonal board
-holiday bunting
-Christmas stocking I really love the modern style of >> But again, let's try to do the same general color scheme with whites, silver, plums and black only as an accent. http://pinterest.com/pin/305119588/
(Can anyone tell it's going to be our first REAL Christmas now that we have our little one?) ;P

My little girl:
**Currently in 12 month clothing, Size 2 shoes**
-any dresses from Little One board.. http://pinterest.com/kgroll/little-one/
-would LOVE some little boots like these >http://www.joyfolieblog.com/2011/01/mod-boots-and-another-taft.html *Maybe in grey/neutral and keep color coordinated graphic pattern for accent
-Hemp/overnight soakers
-Cloth diapering accessories & Vacation size wet bag
-Baby leg warmers
-Felt foods
-This embroidered pillow http://pinterest.com/pin/90364656/

Hubby:
-Sturdy wallet--Please no duct tape
-Knit hats--grey, navy, black    thanks TroubleT!
-Landscape art of Teton Mountains (He LOVES landscapes and I can paint anything except them!)

**For multiple guys in the family.. Some sort of little organizing kit for vehicles.. Maybe a reusable trash sack, little bin with different places to store things.. Idk.. Need at least 2 "kits", prefer 3

Mom:
-Small coupon organizer
-unique cookie cutters
-warm & Fuzzy house slippers (size 6- 6 1/2) http://pinterest.com/pin/284881155/

Dad:
Don't have a specific idea.. He likes the Denver Broncos, St. Louis  Blues, fishing and hunting

Sister:
-Kitchen accessories (pot holders, dish towels, full length apron) in turquoise, red, and white colors.
-turquoise t shirt rug for in front of kitchen
-(4) placemats with utensil pocket

Little Brother (Cool:
-All he wants for Christmas is a Iron Man or Hulk dress up type set.. maybe even cool accessories?

DH's Parents:
-Homemade caramels in air tight jars
-Scripture covers http://pinterest.com/pin/284881155/

Sister In Law #1:
-2 Camera straps w/lens cover pocket http://www.etsy.com/listing/78182380/camera-strap-lens-cap-pocket-holder
-Camera bag to coordinate at least 1 strap *Would love a couple pockets and tiny bit of extra room*

SIL #2:
-Decoupage letter blocks for seasonal decor
-Knotted headbands

SIL#3:
-collapsible fabric storage bins.. medium and larger sizes please
-Scarves
-Yoga mat bag
-affirmation stones  http://pinterest.com/pin/69349885/

Nieces:
**Need to get sizes, so just ask if you choose these**
-clothing, toys, loveys
-bumper pad from soft fabrics-lady bug themed so colors are red, white & black
-Embroidery piece like this>> http://pinterest.com/pin/90364656/

-Cut vinyl quotes/graphics. Just cut and onto transfer paper so I can apply to projects myself.
**Would really like at least 1 of the following: grandparent themed (my parents are first timers with our LO), love/bedroom themed, child's room (girl, ladybug room)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwiththegrizls.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Morality of Filming South African Vineyards
Photoshop CS5 Beta Review
Censorship and Slashers
Interview with Roger Nygard
White Balance Corrective Gels
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...