A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,715
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: postage stamp necklaces... (tutorial added.)  (Read 132948 times)
Tags for this thread: fish , postage_stamp , necklace , microscope_slide , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

imafigureskater
« Reply #210 on: June 30, 2006 09:35:42 AM »

Ok - here is my second try at this!  I found that taping the jumpring in place worked out well. 

One interesting thing about this try is that the glass didn't break as smooth as I would have liked and I was able to build up an edge using the solder.

I also found out (on the third try) that the glue for the tape will melt and thus move on you.  As such, I am having to retape the next one.  This is a fun project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
copper_sunshine
« Reply #211 on: July 12, 2006 06:12:21 AM »

well I just came across your tutorial today and wanted to tell you a different approach.  I use pictures that i take myself of my kids and sunsets..ect..print them out on the computer  and sometime even laminate them first.  But I  have never used the glass slides, I had no idea where
to get them when I started trying to do this..So I just used regular clear glass.  Cut it to the size I want to make my neclace, and then for the backing I cut a pepsi can up with tlin snips to fit for the back.  It works great and makes it unique!  Although I never thought of using stamps, but will have to try that next,  I use to work for a company opening mail and when I did we would keep alot of the really cool stamps, so I have a box fulll..Thought of throwing them away awhile back, but as a crafter was sure I would find some use for them..glad I kept them...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
doomcandy

small.cute.vicious.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: July 15, 2006 03:18:27 AM »

oooooooooh. how did i miss this til now? everyones are gorgeous, i'm very jealous Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

i'm always keen for personal swaps and ATC trading, just PM me!
http://www.wists.com/doomcandy
myspace
   http://www.myspace.com/feyling

http://www.wists.com/doomcandy
sarahbellum
« Reply #213 on: August 05, 2006 12:12:38 PM »

Thanks for sharing your generous 'how-to' on the most excellent postage stamp necklaces!  I know several ladies (most-very difficult to find something they like) who would love these as gifts!  Thanks so much for sharing! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: August 05, 2006 02:17:23 PM »

anybody know where to get memory glass online? i cant find a retailer around here and havent found any websites with them in stock either. pointers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
i.hate.cooties.
« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2006 10:18:14 PM »

Those are AWESOME~~~I would just love to make those, wow i am glad i found this, i have a lot of stamps that would be just perfect for making into stamps....tehehe i like love them!!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty fay
« Reply #216 on: August 10, 2006 05:37:54 AM »

hi there,

does anyone here know what can i subsitute with copper tape? I couldn't get any in singapore and i reckon glue don't do well with heat.

the scrapbook store here is pathetic they don't sell the glass and those from frame makers are simply too thick and non lead soldering wire seem impossilbe too.....oh i am so desperate and in love with this project.

help! help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #217 on: August 10, 2006 06:32:58 AM »

I don't know about substituting for the copper tape in order to solder, but another method for getting something like this is using melted UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) and dipping the edges only, and maybe your local scrapbooking store would have it.....very similar look but perhaps not so permanent.

Have you checked Scrapalatte? http://scrapalatte.net/ They ship overseas, and have EVERYTHING you could possibly need. They were mentioned by the first poster of this thread, and I ordered my first set of supplies from them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty fay
« Reply #218 on: August 10, 2006 05:51:17 PM »

I will check out this UTEE thingy here and i really crossing my finger hard and hopefully this method works to hold them together as i tot to sell in a mini craft show.

i will try and let u ladies know again Smiley i would appreciate if someone had other alternatives.

thanks in advance
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty fay
« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2006 07:42:36 AM »

hey mc julie, i found the copper tape and managed (with lots of struggle) to complete it with 2 pieces of thicker glass as i had no luck on slide here yet *urggg*

anyway, this is a great idea for a 16 inches necklace but not longer as it seem to hit on table and also not gd as a keychain ya...i wonder anyone here had any idea to seal the glass to avoid breaking it thru rough wearing?

i will post my pic soon !!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Really Cool Electricity Text Effect in Photoshop
How to Make Colorful Glowing Neon Lights HD in Photoshop
How to Make a Colorful Abstract Background in Photoshop
How to Smooth and Retouch Skin in Photoshop
How to Retouch Skin and Apply a Fake Tan in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...