A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 313,039
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: postage stamp necklaces... (tutorial added.)  (Read 155311 times)
Tags for this thread: fish , postage_stamp , necklace , microscope_slide , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2005 09:02:44 AM »

Gorgeous, I want the first one. I'd hurt myself soldering so I don't do it.

Stamps are mini-art pieces, they deserve to be used in jewelry

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!

crayon banananananaaaaa!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005 08:37:19 PM »

ahhh that is so incredibly AWESOME. ahhh i cant get over it. i love how since you soldered it its all rough on the edges and stuff it makes it look even cooler than if it was just a metal frame! wow i have a whole suummer ahead of me and guess what im going to be doing? (hint: it involves a soldering iron, my stamp collection, and this website)

Emily x
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2005 05:53:17 AM »

Those are absolutely gorgeous.
I love the first one. Alot of people (including me) would pay money for those! You should make more & sell them.

Hopelessly Romantic

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2005 01:24:20 PM »

Thanks so much for the tutorial!  I saw something like this in a fashion magazine but the manufaturer was charging over $100 a pendant!  Now I can make my own with a stamp of my choice and save the $100! Cheesy
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2005 12:18:24 PM »

WANT ONE WANT ONE MUST HAVE ONE!!!!!! I'm serious, are you going to be selling those? They are fantasic, I'm really picky about jewelry (not the price, I like quirky but not trashy stuff...'s just me) but I'd TOTALLY use those....ooh, as charms on a charm bracelet, or pinned to my denim jacket amongst my ever-growing collection of groovy pins. or a whole bunch of them hanging along a big kilt-pin or or or....if you do decide to make & sell these, PLEASE pm me, I'm in! Oooh, yes, and you could use the same method with little bits of olde-worlde looking manuscripts, or maps, or poetry books.....
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2005 08:11:34 PM »

TERRIFIC tutorial!
I can hardly wait to try this!
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2005 10:39:03 AM »

QUESTION: Anyone know of another place online where I could buy a soldering kit at a less expensive rate?

SUGGESTION: I have bought several things like this at craft fairs & feel silly I never found out how to do it myself. Here are some of the charms I have bought from her:
* antique postcard scanned to a tiny postage stamp size
* antique christmas card scanned as above
* piece of china (snipped with tile cutters into shape of a heart)

I just gave the china one to my mom for her birthday on Saturday! The crafters tend to charge $18-30 for the charms and also makeearrings, rings, etc. the china didn't require any glass, naturally..
Vanessa Cyanide
You won't like me.

Couture is lame. End of story.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2005 10:45:07 AM »

this is just what i needed!!! i know a girl who does something similar to this and always wanted to try it...the stamp is a neat idea too!!! now i must buy the tools!!!! yet another crafty thing to do on a rainy day!!! thanks so much for the great tute!!!

Thats exactly what my boyfriend said when he saw this...but a little more grumpily. I saw some of these for sale at a local beauty shop for $15.00 each!!!! And they were only attached to a simple ball chain. You should definitly look into selling these!

"I dont give a fu*k about punk rock no more" -The Dwarves
I want to give the Devil back the Devils' rock n roll!
Motorcycles and cars made of METAL....nothing gets to a girls heart faster... oh yea-  And crafting stuff that gives off toxic fumes....mmm m
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2005 10:56:49 AM »

Thanks for the tute.  I'll have to look into the supplies, see if I can make one for myself. Now I just have to track down a cute goldfish stamp . . .

I will live in kindness.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2005 07:59:51 AM »

THOSE ARE THE COOLEST NECKLACES I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME!!! EEE!! I've almost totally stopped wearing Jewelry, but I LOVE LOVE those, especially the Goldfish, I'm a goldfish freak. I seriously want to buy it if you want to sell it. PM me with info, also do you have other different goldfish stamps?
totally gorgeous and unique. Is it silver sauter (sp) or nickel? (just wondering if it will turn my skin green)

I swear I have that goldfish stamp somewhere...and others similar. if you want em PM me.

How do you retrieve PMs on here?...I'm new.

P.S if I'm slow to reply (up to a week) it's 'cos I use the internet at the library, so I'll be back on Monday...probably.

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rainbow Nail Art Featuring Sophy Robson
7 Decades of Prom Dresses in 30 Seconds
Birchbox May 2015: Sample Choice and Birchbox Plus Reveal
Red Carpet Ready: Katy Perry Smokey Eye Makeup
Best Celeb Beauty Looks Of The Week
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Spinach Feta Breakfast Quiche
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Asymmetric Cowl
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...