A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,150
Currently Running With Scissors:
355 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Theme Boxes  (Read 17460 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

franknhurter
Erin FranknHurter Swan

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2011 03:16:21 PM »

I like this idea too. I would be in.
Erin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Colors: Go Bold or go home! Smiley
MadHatteh
Don't touch that

Or that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011 04:23:49 AM »

Sounds great so far! I would say that everyone should do one small, medium, and large item but whatever you decide! I would love to be in this! 
A rough idea running with your idea some more to make it fit for different swap box sizes...

Large box: Large crafted, medium crafted, small crafted
Medium box: Medium, two smalls
Small: One medium

In light of me liking to spoil in what I send how do you guys feel about the idea for a 'Mega' box. If you chose this one you would be paired with someone who chose the same box size to keep it all fair, I will do my best to pair everyone with their best match but if you pick mega (if the idea works) it seems most fair you get that in return.

What's a mega box you ask? Well....you might as well be in the restroom when you open it becaue you will pee in excitement.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2011 05:00:37 AM »

What's a mega box you ask? Well....you might as well be in the restroom when you open it becaue you will pee in excitement.  Cheesy

You really do keep me laughing!

I know it makes it more challenging for the organizer, but I think people need to be matched with someone who wants the same size. It might make it easier if people who are on the fence about which size could say "I would like to do a size x swap, but would gladly switch to size y if it helps with matching partners"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MadHatteh
Don't touch that

Or that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2011 05:39:05 AM »

I think it would be fun, I understand un even numbers wanting to do each thing so sometimes you don't always get to do things how you would like to. People around here are pretty flexible, I've never noticed anyone complaining about anything (at least not openly), they all seem happy with what they get in the mail. I really would like to at the least keep the boxes sizes equal for everyone, after that then I can get more into specifics Smiley On the chance it doesn't work out as I hope, partner x wants a mega partner y wants a large, I would see what I could do to help them out with that, find a happy middle.

I know there will or has been a time when you get something that you feel was not equal to what you sent but that's okay, someone made this with their hands (and in my case usually some blood and tears).

Laughing adds years to your life Grin You stick with me, you'll be immortal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mod35tBabe
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2011 05:31:42 AM »

Sounds like a pretty nifty idea, reckon I might be up for it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
50 SWAPS COMPLETE
1 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Ffrogg526
Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2011 06:17:09 AM »

Ok - if we're considering sign-ups in mid/late January I could totally be up for this swap.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mamarose22
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2011 10:22:53 AM »

Sounds interesting.  By the way those USPS Priority boxes aren't exactly free.  You may get the box free but when you ship Priority, The cost is much higher and I think there might be a weight limit or if it is over the limit then there would be additional charges. 
I personally am not in to swaps that are too big.  I don't want to spend all my time crafting.  I think that the swap should just be for a particular size/point value. 
Maybe a 4 pointer that would mean 1 medium and 1 small crafted item.  Then perhaps if you find stuff at $1.00 store, garage/thrift sales etc. you could add them on as extras.  I also agree with one of the posters who said "what if I've never been exposed to the particular theme my partner requests or I would have no idea how to approach making something according to that theme, would we have other options? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
Mod35tBabe
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2011 05:05:54 AM »

I've been in swaps where I've had themes that were totally unfamiliar to me but I just used google to research and learn all I could about the theme. It's a learning curve but makes it a bit more challenging.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
50 SWAPS COMPLETE
1 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
MadHatteh
Don't touch that

Or that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2011 04:16:57 AM »

Sounds interesting.  By the way those USPS Priority boxes aren't exactly free.  You may get the box free but when you ship Priority, The cost is much higher and I think there might be a weight limit or if it is over the limit then there would be additional charges. 
I personally am not in to swaps that are too big.  I don't want to spend all my time crafting.  I think that the swap should just be for a particular size/point value. 
Maybe a 4 pointer that would mean 1 medium and 1 small crafted item.  Then perhaps if you find stuff at $1.00 store, garage/thrift sales etc. you could add them on as extras.  I also agree with one of the posters who said "what if I've never been exposed to the particular theme my partner requests or I would have no idea how to approach making something according to that theme, would we have other options? 
I did not know about the UPS priority boxes. I'll need to remember that, sounds like it could make shipping more of a hassle for some people. Box sizes should be similar in diminsions but not limited to being a priority box, sounds more fair. I know some people prefer to send through that and they still can if they would like to.

This swap also is going to have different sizes to it, so if you want to do a medium and a small you could pick a medium box perhaps

I thought about the issue of not knowing the theme your partner is into, there is still a chance you will not know what your partner likes even if there are multiple themes but I feel like putting more than one theme made it less likely to happen. I don't watch Dr. Who but I now know what things are kinda because a friend I have wanted me to make her something. She thinks I watched it.  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2011 04:14:47 PM »

I'd be interested but probably not until January. Too darn much going on at present!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Make Your Own Clay
How to Make Your Own Disco Ball
How to Find Glass Blowing Classes
How to Find Glass Blowing Jobs
How to Rent a Glass Blowing Studio
Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Button Flowers
Meatless Monday: Grilled Apples and Minted Pears
@Home This Weekend: Belted Chair Seat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...