A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: COFFEEEE...Yet another My Chemical Romance gift project  (Read 601 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

krispat

"i'M nOt PsYcO...i JuSt LiKe PsYcO tHiNgS"

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2011 05:56:38 PM »

My favorite band is My Chemical Romance...if any of you have checked out my other posts this is obvious.  So they are the subject or inspiration of many of my craft projects.  When ever I go to one of their shows I make them gifts...I have made them scarves and given them to the guys on two other occasions.  So this time since the show was in the summer and I had just given them scarves in April I made them coffee cozies as they all love coffee!!!
So I made the cozies out of felt and put a logo of something each band member likes in felt and/or stiching.  I have never made a project like this before so it was a new experience.

The first photo is all 4 of them together...I used a Starbucks cardboard holder to them out of two colors of felt to layer.  Then I just googled pics of the logos I wanted...

this is the first one I did, it is the Autobots Transformers logo.  I just go for things I don't trace them or size them first I just looked at the picture and started to stitch...it didn't turn out quite as nice as I would have liked but I still like it.  It was meant for the guitarist Ray Toro.

This one is a Ghostbusters logo for Mikey Way the bassist.  I just looked at the pic and cut out the felt, stitched on the details, then fit it together and stiched it onto the cozie.

Next is the Watchmen Comedian smiley button for the lead singer Gerard Way.  Again I just cut out the circle and stiched on the detail then stitched it onto the cozie.

Last but not least is Frankenstein for Frank Iero guitarist...I cut out the general Frankenstein shape and looked at a Sublime Stitching pattern and just used it as a loose guide.  The light green stitches are done with glow in the dark thread.

After all that I just wrapped them around a Starbucks cup to measure and stiched them up the back in the contrasting color floss.

They took me the first 3 Freddy Krueger movies to finish with some messing around in between.

I went to 2 My Chemical Romance shows last week but did not get to give the cozies to them so they will be saved for the next concert.  Hope everyone enjoys seeing them, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PunkieVonZombie

Blood, Guts, and Rock and Roll

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011 05:32:41 AM »

cute idea  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Startup Profile: Cannon.Fm App Demo
May 31st: Rod Save The Queen
Answering Your Greatest Dinosaur Questions -- At The Natural History Museum
Sweetness and Art: Short Film
May 7th: Sympathy For Xenu
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...