A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 298,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vintage Halloween Swap Round 5 - Send by Oct 3rd  (Read 11690 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cackle
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Pottery, Ceramics, Polymer Clay Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Whenever I close my eyes the lights go on.. Lummis

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2011 04:50:40 PM »

That moon and bat are wicked cool...but I must ask...What is a prim exactly?  As far as I can tell from googling it is "an excessive decoration" or "tightly pursed lips" or several other definitions meaning "proper" or "prissy".  Just wondering what the crafty definition is Grin

Hey darlin', I believe 'prim' is short for primitive.  Grin  But don't take my word for it....I used to think it was short for primate. Or some kind of cocktail that makes one act like a monkey.........

I love the moon man, he is wonderful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2011 05:31:59 PM »

That moon and bat are wicked cool...but I must ask...What is a prim exactly?  As far as I can tell from googling it is "an excessive decoration" or "tightly pursed lips" or several other definitions meaning "proper" or "prissy".  Just wondering what the crafty definition is Grin

Hey darlin', I believe 'prim' is short for primitive.  Grin  But don't take my word for it....I used to think it was short for primate. Or some kind of cocktail that makes one act like a monkey.........

AAaahhh!  That makes much more sense then "prissy" etc.  Thanks a bunch Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2011 07:20:44 PM »

My husband was confused by "prim" as well.  He doesn't think it fits at all.
Primitives to me are simple designs using simple crafting techniques, or at least making it look simple even if the process took really long.  They're kind of faded and employ objects like rusted wire and other vintage ephemera.
At least, that's what they're like to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Current swaps: Vintage Halloween 2014, OTT October Holidays 6, Chunky Houses Halloween 5, Fall/Character Ninni Swap,
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2011 07:43:37 PM »

My husband was confused by "prim" as well.  He doesn't think it fits at all.
Primitives to me are simple designs using simple crafting techniques, or at least making it look simple even if the process took really long.  They're kind of faded and employ objects like rusted wire and other vintage ephemera.
At least, that's what they're like to me.

It makes sense once it was pointed out...but at first all I could think of was "prim and proper", which is the compleat opposite.  But that is the fun of the English language Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2011 08:05:11 PM »

Yes, prim is short for primitive. I like making more complicated prims, but they tend to stay in that category because they are grubbied or distressed. I'm not into the extreme primitives, but love the grubby, old look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2011 09:06:12 AM »

Yes, prim is short for primitive. I like making more complicated prims, but they tend to stay in that category because they are grubbied or distressed. I'm not into the extreme primitives, but love the grubby, old look.
Yes!  Looking up primitive Halloween online gave a variety of what people described as a prim.  One craft I saw I would have described as "country folk art" rather than prim.  It starts to blur a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Current swaps: Vintage Halloween 2014, OTT October Holidays 6, Chunky Houses Halloween 5, Fall/Character Ninni Swap,
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
KarenLouiseM

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2011 04:44:14 PM »

According to USPS my partner and I should both receive tomorrow.   Grin  (Although I'm not sure I believe them - here package was last checked in on the opposite coast of where she lives - I hate it when they backwards!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
grasshopper

Do you like me? Make an assessment.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2011 09:08:43 AM »

Here is my great loot from CDEeeek!!!

First, a Piggly Wiggly bag!  We don't have those here and I collect pigs!!

A vintage owl potholder and a cool cat shaped vintage noisemaker!  I love these!!  My principal already told me to "Can it!" with my new clang-clang!!  Apparently, he is not in the Halloween spirit yet!   Cheesy

A paper and wood halloween-y version of my name- grasshopper!!!

The snappiest little paper covered boxes!

One had buttons, one had a TV charm with an owl picture and the other had a old clown figurine and a tiny black cat!

Three hangings made out of paper plates!  These are hanging in my office here at school!!

AND, some chocolate (YUM!!!) and bangle-ly, jangle-ly bracelets!  Plus, an itty-bitty card making kit!!

I am sorry my photography skills are pretty crappy!  I tried to take off the date stamps and couldn't figure it out.  (I am not having a technology-friendly day today!) 

I love all of my stuff!!  You did great, CDEeeek!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The time has come
The walrus said
To talk of many things-
Of shoes and ships and sealing wax-
Of cabbages and kings.
And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
CDEeeek
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2011 03:11:18 PM »

I am glad you liked them, grasshopper. I had a lot of fun making them! And it's flattering that you have them up at school. Glad we swapped, it was a lot of fun having you for a partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I has a pinterest: http://pinterest.com/cdeeeek/

"It's an electronics store, Major, not Basra. Get it under control."
KarenLouiseM

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2011 10:54:55 AM »

This swap is SO quiet!  Is everyone in a candy corn coma? Wink

Anyway.  I got the best package from LittleNutBrownSquirrel.  It's a nice Halloween book - and then you open it and it's a really wonderful, detailed Halloween-scape.  The banner is made of teeny, tiny fabric pennants all sewn together.  The cat is paper clay (hard to believe it's the first time she's used it) and the candy corn is also clay.

And the best part - this amazing little cat (he fell in transit but I think I put him back in the right place - sitting on the fence like a proper Halloween cat). She's definitely got some mad painting skills.

She was a great stalker.  I completely love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Weaving Loom - Positioning the Loom
How to Use Weaving Loom - Separating Yarn
How to Use Weaving Loom - Feeding Yarn
How to Use a Weaving Loom - Choosing Yarn
How to Use Weaving Loom - Yarn Balls
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...