A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Diaper bag set  (Read 1690 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cloverlilly
« on: September 13, 2011 10:40:11 PM »

Hi again, finally getting around to posting all my backed up stuff Smiley

So this is a set I made for a friend. Her pregnancy was a difficult one, she was on bed rest the last two months of at and we never got to do a baby shower, so this sat around till a month or so after the baby girl was born. Thankfully everything worked out fine and she is a strong little girl now!

On to the set, I don't have slot of pictures, just one main so I'll go left to right.
At the bottom right is a Wet sipe bag, behind it is a tummy pillow, the small bag onto of that is a toy bag, there is a changing pad, a burping cloth, the diaper bag and a bib. Oh and attached to the bag is a binky holder. Woooo

The whole set took me abbut three days, it's a light weight cotton on the outside and a heaver weight brown on the inside, the changing pad and burp cloth have a towell that I cut apart on the underside.

So here is the happy girl, this picture made everything that went wrong when sewing this set worth wild!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011 11:03:20 PM by Cloverlilly » THIS ROCKS   Logged
IdlersDesign
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011 11:23:20 PM »

What a beautiful gift and what a cuuute little girl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
amber.hope
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011 07:23:30 PM »

How wonderful! And a super cute baby! BTW where did you get the patterns for all these goodies? Or did you perhaps do it on your own, if so you should definitly do a tutorial! I have always wanted to make my own diaper bag because I can never find one in stores that meets all my needs. I have searched and searched for a pattern I liked and never found one, but yours is perfect as are all the things you made!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cloverlilly
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011 07:38:43 PM »

I did use a pattern, sorry should have included that in the original post. It's simplicity 2924, I had never made a diaper bag and was a little nervous when I saw all the pockets and what not with it but it was much easier than I thought it would be. The set I made is everything from the pattern and I think I got it one of those times they were on sale for 99 cents so it was well worth it.

When I started sewing the set I had only planned on making the bag, tummy pillow, and changing pad but everything was really easy to do and took very little time. Not to mention is didn't take slot of fabric. I think for the whole set I spent about $30/35.

You might also be interested in this one because I could easily see adjusting the bag, like adding more pockets or making it bigger so that it would fit your needs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amber.hope
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011 07:42:37 PM »

Thank you so much! I'm gonna go track down this pattern, now hopefully mine will come out as beautiful as yours  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cloverlilly
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011 07:45:27 PM »

Oh thank you!!!

If you hit any snags with it feel free to message me and I'll happily help if I can.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Why Is This Star Wearing Head-to-Toe Purple?
Learn the Trick to Getting Clump-Free Mascara
How To Wear It: Breezy Jumpsuits
Dress Your Little Man Like Kingston Rossdale for Less
Isabel Toledo Puts Her Fashion Focus on the Plus-Size World
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...