A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 303,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Back to Hogwarts Gallery  (Read 106266 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter_swap_gallery , craftster_best_of_2011  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

<3 birds, glitter, sparkles <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: October 09, 2011 10:27:27 AM »

My partner, haroldlovesmaude, has been very busy so asked me if I would like to post pictures in the gallery since she has not had time to.   So here are the things I sent to her.   Smiley

Favorite shop:  Ollivanders

Which does indeed have a sparkling red core representing dragon heartstring.  One of her favorite magical creatures was dragon so I wanted to include that in the wand somehow.   Smiley   

Favorite class:  Defense Against the Dark Arts

A painting representing her phoenix patronus.    Smiley 

A closeup to better see the glittery bits as they don't show up well in the other more straight on photo.

Favorite House:  Gryffindor

closeup of the pieces to see the details:

A Gryffindor themed wizard's chess set!   I loved this and I had a very hard time saying goodbye to it.  So did my hubby.   Smiley   It started out in life as a scrabble board that I repainted and figured out the dimensions to make the checkerboard pattern.  Painting checkerboard pattern is a lot more time consuming than I originally thought it would be!   Especially since I had to give each square additional coats of paint.   The chess pieces were made from clay and then painted.  My favorite pieces are the sorting hats.  I think they turned out really well.  Cheesy   All the pieces have felt bottoms.   And everything painted has been varnished to help protect the paint.   

The pieces (in my mind) are as follows:

Tall jeweled figure - King
Shorter jeweled figure - Queen
Sorting hats - bishops
Golden snitches/rememberalls - knights
Castle turrets - rooks
pebbles - pawns

Last, there was a note from Dumbledore in an envelope addressed in green calligraphy:

(her address/name blurred out for privacy)

Dear Ms. ------,

Enclosed you shall find items that I hope will be useful to you for when you return to Hogwarts this year.   

The wand is one of Ollivander's finest; he assures me that this wand specifically picked you.  Dragon heartstring and elder wood, twelve and a half inches.  The wood is from the same tree as the Elder wand.  Use it well.

There is a painting depicting the phoenix which is your patronus.   May it assist you in your Defense Against the Dark Arts class by reminding you to always think of happy thoughts to enable you to produce a corporeal patronus when in need.

Finally, to further your house spirit, there is a Gryffindor themed wizard's chess set for you to enjoy with your fellow students.  I particularly enjoyed that the pieces resemble such things as the golden snitch, a remeberall and our own sorting hat.

Yours sincerely,
Albus Dumbledore

I really had a lot of fun making everything and loved everything I made.  Smiley   I hope that you enjoyed your package, haroldlovesmaude.   Smiley  I enjoyed swapping with you.   

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #241 on: October 09, 2011 11:06:22 AM »

NEAT!!! LOVE that chess set!!!!

« Reply #242 on: October 09, 2011 11:43:24 AM »

I would have had a hard time letting go of everything. Awesome package. what an elegant looking wan?
« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2011 12:09:01 PM »

That Phoenix is beautiful I love it....

I want a man who will dance with me like Harry danced with Hermione and love me like Snape loved Lily <3

Most girls are waiting for their Prince Charming. I'm waiting for my Time Lord <3
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

<3 birds, glitter, sparkles <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: October 09, 2011 01:54:36 PM »

Thank you, everyone!    Cheesy

« Reply #245 on: October 09, 2011 02:15:42 PM »

Here are the amazing things Vikki sent me.
Here they are all wrapped up.

All together unwrapped.

First, this fab hufflepuff scarf, I love the little badger pawprint.

Next is this awesome book, "How to write invisibly"

I love this key charm with stitched spells on them.

Plus this awesome Mug rug as an extra!

I absolutely love everything! Thank you Vikki! Grin

"Dobby didn't mean to kill, just maim or seriously injure!"

My pinterest: http://pinterest.com/iridescentbaloo/

I am up for personal swaps! Just PM me! =D

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #246 on: October 09, 2011 03:56:27 PM »

Haha! How to write invisibly! Love it!

« Reply #247 on: October 09, 2011 04:29:14 PM »

lol that book is awesome! I'm definitely going to make some of those for friends for Christmas!

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live... {Dumbledore}
« Reply #248 on: October 09, 2011 04:34:16 PM »

Thant scafr is so cute! I love how the buttons make it look like the badgers claws Smiley

Dear Mods, me and my sister share a computer and our address is the same! Please don't block our accounts! <3
« Reply #249 on: October 09, 2011 04:49:38 PM »

I received from my partner tapestrymlp yesterday.  There was some yarn for knitting in Gryffindor colors.  There was also a tote bag to hold my knitting projects.  It says Gryffindor Knitting League on it and is super cool.  For Borgin and Burke's there is a cute bills of sale book.  And last but not least there is a set of potion bottles.  Each one is different. And the labels are so tiny and cute.  Behold the awesomeness.....

Thank you again sooooo much!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn the Basics Of Ikebana
How to Paint Stone
How to Paint Fantasy Miniatures
How to Broomstick Lace Crochet
How to Age Brass
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Spiral Veggies Recipes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...