A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,463
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 49
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Back to Hogwarts Gallery  (Read 78948 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter_swap_gallery , craftster_best_of_2011  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mandymo13
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2011 08:57:00 PM »

Oh yes I have been told that its been garbage and that it just plainly sucks, they have told me via private message and it did hurt my feelings for like a second and then I thought to myself " if you think my stuff is garbage then you must be a F*cktard because EVERYONE loved it and I still get asked to make this item. I wont mention what it was or what swap so that i dont cause any problems. Needless to say I dont participate in that organizers swap anymore.
Doing the HP themed swaps always makes me feel good about the stuff I make, Looking back at my first swap I have come a long way and have improved and learned new skills.

Oh an another thing the garbage comment came from someone who always sends either late or not at all. but becasue she participates in the ongoing swaps she always gets a second chance.

Wow some people are just terrible. I am sure Karma will catch up with that person. He/she really is a F*cktard for saying something like that. Some people are just cruel and don't care about other people's feelings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Damara
I don't want to make money. I just want to be wonderful--Marilyn Monroe

« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2011 09:17:33 PM »

Whomever said such callous things, clearly does not understand swapping and craftster, we are all here to share and appreciate eachothers creativity and talents, bouce ideas, ask for help and advise, and just plain old have fun.  Even if that person did not like an item that she received, it gives her no reason to be rude and ungrateful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

"I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever"  Edward Cullen, Eclipse

www.wists.com/damara
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2011 09:42:35 PM »

Whomever said such callous things, clearly does not understand swapping and craftster, we are all here to share and appreciate eachothers creativity and talents, bouce ideas, ask for help and advise, and just plain old have fun.  Even if that person did not like an item that she received, it gives her no reason to be rude and ungrateful.

Egg-zactly. I've never received anything in a swap that wasn't awesome! Mostly because 1)it was handmade by someone cool and 2)I didn't have to do anything to get it besides craft something in return, which I love doing! How can you beat that? I guess some people are swapping for the wrong reasons...Sad

My curiosity is GROWING to see this mysterious erica_tattoos ---> pinkleo package! Stop teasing us, you two! :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margaron
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2011 09:43:15 PM »

wow! everyone's stuff looks so good! So excited to see the rest of the crafts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erica_tattoos
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2011 06:50:22 AM »

in all honesty, i've received twice where i looked at what i received and was just totally disappointed and upset. On both occasions they were swaps where i had put a lot of time and effort into what i sent, and the items i got back were obviously hastily and poorly made last minute. On both occasions i think if i'd complained to the mods probably a re-do package would have been required of the sender. However, like my daddy always says, "ya pays ya money and ya takes ya chances!" i just figure karma will come back on them in the long run. i've also received items that weren't necessarily to my tastes, but you can look at them and tell that the person who made them obviously put a lot of time and love into them. These things are wonderful, too! everybody loves handmade, and if it's not necessarily something to my tastes, i just set it aside for gifting later! On the whole the swaps I've participated in have been wonderful, rewarding experiences and the people here are all such kind, helpful, enthusiastic crafters and i wouldn't change craftster a bit if i could!

i'm sorry about your negative experience, and i hope you won't let it cloud out how much else awesomeness (in crafts and in people) are available here to everyone who participates with an open mind and a giving spirit!

Grin craftster, you rock! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2011 09:06:12 AM »

My curiosity is GROWING to see this mysterious erica_tattoos ---> pinkleo package! Stop teasing us, you two! :p
I'm taking pics now! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2011 11:26:53 AM »

Okay, I hope your pinning & wisting fingers are ready!  Here is the amazing package I received from erica_tattoos.  (Click on smaller pics for larger view.)

To show off my gryffindor pride, a Gryffindor Wall Quilt

For when I'm sipping tea & crocheting, Madame Puddifoot Stitch Markers

Okay...get ready for a ton of pics....
my new AMAZING Potions Cabinet!!!!

tons of smaller pics so I don't overwhelm the gallery...

NOTE: These does not compare to the real thing!!  There is an wondrous amount of details the pics don't capture....like all the vials filled with potion ingredients or the shelves that erica has given me tons of detail of....it is just flat out AMAZING, and I can spend hours just peek at all the treasures!!!  LET'S HAVE FUN AND PLAY "I SPY IN THE POTIONS CABINET"!

From Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Mini Love Potion and Box of Chocolate, which now live on my Potions Cabinet

Extras: from Eeylops an owl sign to embellish, for Herbology a macrame plant hanger kit, and pages of HP to craft with....my crafty heart is happy!

Kiss THANK YOU ERICA!!!! Kiss  You are such a wondrous crafter and very thoughtful swapper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chughes225
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2011 11:35:30 AM »

Wow the gryffindor quilt is neat but the potion cabinet is amazing.  I cant' believe the detail.  Absolutely breathtaking.  Great job Erica_tattoos Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wickedfae
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2011 11:49:14 AM »

wow that cabinet is ASTOUNDING! The detail and effort that went into it as absolutely amazing. what an awesome swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandymo13

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2011 11:54:39 AM »

Oh my....that package is totally wicked!!!!! I can't believe that quilt and potions cabinet!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 49 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Embellish Skirts
How to Sew an Invisible Zip
How to Make a Tutu Dress
The Wildlife Pins of George G. Harris
Ryan at the Hot Shop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...