A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 301,589
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Back to Hogwarts Gallery  (Read 90538 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter_swap_gallery , craftster_best_of_2011  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stacysews
« Reply #300 on: October 13, 2011 08:20:38 AM »

Awesome package - all the details really make it special! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sirael
Keeper of the Keys

Degeneration

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #301 on: October 13, 2011 08:26:35 AM »

Okay, I've received from billiemarie!  Now it's time for me to show off the charming package I got and for all of you to be jealous Cheesy

Flourish and Blotts sent me this exclusive set of the Secret Book of Secrets and a self-inking quill.  I love the ragged edges of the handmade book and the little charm woven into the quill's wrapping.

Now all I need are a few good charms to steal the noses off of anyone that tries to steal the Secret Book of Secrets' secrets!

For my favorite class, Potions, I was sent a few super important bottles!  I've got a little bottle of Bezoars for my potions use and anti-poisons emergencies.  They're actually little Horehound candies!  I'd never actually had a horehound candy before, so this was all brand new to me.  They're a little strange, but quite good!  I love hard candies.  The twine winding around the bottle's neck and its label make it look super real.

Accompanying the Bezoars was this little bottle of Skelegro!  Billiemarie knew that I work in a hospital, and gave me this super-helpful potion accordingly!  I think this is my favorite piece.  It's even got the little skeleton on it!  I love it so much.

For my Ravenclaw house loyalties, I got this handy dandy bag.  It's painted with "Ravenclaw" on one side and "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure" on the other side.  I'm pretty sure it's made out of a cuddly t-shirt, because the fabric is so soft!  Clever Ravenclaw, billiemarie.  She suggested I use it for books and groceries, which I think is a perfect plan; the silvery tape lining looks like it would insulate my groceries very well!

I also got this pair of Ravenclaw earrings with little glass beads and vegan pearls.  I am such an earring addict.

And finally, a little braided bookmark with a Hippogriff charm, for my favorite magical creature!  As fellow Ravenclaws, she knows that I'll be reading half of my life away, anyway.  Wink

Quite a lovely package!  Thank you, billiemarie!  It's totally awesome.  I'm planning places to use/put/wear them now!

(BTW, if you can't find your camera, I took pictures of what I sent you before I sent; just let me know if you need them.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jamiek79
« Reply #302 on: October 13, 2011 08:52:26 AM »

Hi everybody!
   I got my package from the_essence today!!!! So super excited she did such a fantastic job and this was her first swap!

There were 2 of these notes. One from Professor Flitwick and the other from Mr. & Mrs. Flood of Honeydukes. They are Awesome!

The note with the bracelet reads (in a nutshell):
Official Hogwarts House Merchandise
Official Ravenclaw Charm Bracelet with:
 Star: to represent the stars found on the ceiling of the Ravenclaw common room. Wand: key to life at Hogwarts. Teapot: Because not only are Ravenclaws sophisticated, but at Hogwarts, you do not wake up in the morning with coffee, but with tea. Diadem: to represent the diadem of Rowena Ravenclaw. Destiny: it is an individual's destiny to be chosen by a certain house. Portrait: a portrait of Rowena Ravenlcaw. Butterfly: everyone knows that ravenclaws are smart, but many forget, until they meet Luna Lovegood, that Ravenclaws are also some of the most unique students at Hogwarts. Book: to represent the emphasis on school and how the password to the ravenclaw common room is a riddle. Silver Chalice: for use in potions, also mentioned in the tales of Beedle the Bard. O: for Outstanding, because Ravenclaw students can often be found at the top of their class!

These 2 paintings are really gorgeous! The pictures were "taken" by Collin Creevy for the Hogwarts Yearbook. The picture was taken at an evening practice session of charms. They both have a silver metallic sheen to them!

These are totally hysterical. Theses and the 2 paintings are going to find homes in my craft room where I can look at them tons and tons!

I forgot to put the earrings in the pic with the bracelet but I think you can see them better here. These candle holders are adorable LOVE them!

Last but certainly not least my Honeydukes coffee/tea cozie... it says Accio Brain. Funny this is just how I see coffee.It brings me back my brain in the morning! Did you see the adorable lollies and candies around the bottom and I think she made the button from clay to look like a huge lollie.

the_essence Thank you so much you are a wonderful crafter. I had a ball in this swap and I love my stuff so much. hopefully you will get yours soon. USPS says that you should have it!  Great job with your first swap!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: October 13, 2011 08:53:43 AM »

Too much awesome sauce.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandymo13
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #304 on: October 13, 2011 10:13:34 AM »

I love the tea cozie... Exactly how I feel in the mornings (mainly because I am getting off work and on my way to school  Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wickedfae
« Reply #305 on: October 13, 2011 10:42:11 AM »

Glad you liked everything, Sirael! and I finally found my camera, so on to the lovely things I got!

First we have a wonderful book safe painted to look like a copy of Magical Water Plants of the Mediterranean from Flourish and Blotts.I've already put in some sea shells and gull feathers I collected on the beach this summer Smiley

From Ravenclaw house is a wonderfully soft t-shirt, which I put on as soon as I got it

and from Ancient Runes we've got...

my very own set of Elder Futhark runes! the cover of the box is wood-burned with the image of a tree and the word "yggdrasil", which is the name for the Norse Tree of Life
and the runes inside:

it's so wonderful, and the wood-burning is amazing! I can't wait to use it Smiley

for some extra's, Sirael made me this gorgeous key necklace (I love keys! haven't taken this one off yet)

and an embroidered Thestral! it's hard to see because of the reflection on the glass, but the wings are stitched with silver thread. unfortunately, the glass over it broke in shipping, but that's an easy fix and everything else is just fine!

thanks Sirael for the awesome swap! everything is perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #306 on: October 13, 2011 10:52:20 AM »

WOW!! Love that package and the thestral is awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 13, 2011 10:54:07 AM »

Great stuff everyone! I'm gonna be going on a massive wisting spree later Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
tankrgrl
TankrGrl

Not a mess, controlled chaos

« Reply #308 on: October 13, 2011 11:10:36 AM »

Oh wow, those are some awesome packages! Love the thestral!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to swap/trade/pay for Harry Potter fabric to make a quilt for my daughter, just send a PM Smiley

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
sirael
Keeper of the Keys

Degeneration

« Reply #309 on: October 13, 2011 12:14:36 PM »

Oh, no!  I'm so sorry the glass broke!  Hopefully it's not too much trouble to fix.  I'm glad you enjoyed everything, though!  You were an awesome partner.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Shop on a College Budget and Look Amazing
OOTD: Vest and Jeans
Movie Inspired Halloween Costume Ideas
Hang Time With Jenn Im: Feral Creature
How Can You Dress Like a Countess?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...