A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pokemon and Shark Pillows  (Read 842 times)
Tags for this thread: pillow  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DEri6n
« on: September 09, 2011 01:18:28 AM »

I made these for Christmas last year. They're both made from single blocks of a quilt pattern I happened to like.

The Pokemon pillow was made for my recently-married friends, both of whom have a healthy appreciation for pocket monsters. Conveniently, I happened to have three fleece Pokemon prints at my disposal. The green squares exclusively feature Treeko (light green) and Blaziken (dark green), while the purple squares feature Pikachu, Mudkip, Treeko, and Torchic. I also installed a zipper for easy washing (they're gamers, which experience has taught me means that eventually everything they own will come in contact with Doritos, haha).

The shark pillow was made for my boyfriend to match a quilt I gave him a couple years ago (one day I'll take photos of it so I can post that, too...). It's pretty small - maybe 12" wide - and has three of the six patterns I used on the quilt. Apparently it raises his head the perfect amount so that he can lie down while playing games (there's a zipper in this one, too, by the way, heh).

As a side-note, I see what they were trying to do with the sharks' teeth, but you can't honestly look at that shark on the right and tell me he doesn't look like he's got the derpiest overbite imaginable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady leeann
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011 02:43:11 PM »

What great pillows.  I personally love using "kids" fabric because the projects end up looking so much more fun.  The fabrics on both the pillows compliment each very well too.  Great Job!

On a side note, I have to agree with you about the shark... I didn't notice it at first, but not I can't stop laughing about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MadHatteh
Don't touch that

Or that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011 08:56:21 AM »

I am in LOVE with the pokemon one! I can't find that fabric anywhere!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Olympic Torch
How to Make a Crown
How to Crochet a Shell Stitch
How to Filet Crochet
How to Crochet a Bracelet
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...