A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,146
Currently Running With Scissors:
464 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Indianapolis Craft Stores  (Read 1624 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thehappycrochetchic
« on: September 10, 2011 06:21:11 PM »

Does anyone know any craft stores, besides Joann, hobby lobby, and michaels?  A sewing shop, quily, fabric, knitting store?  Also. I am looking for embroidery patterns, does anyone know where I coulc get any locally??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/jcarter462/

I love personal swaps!!
Message me...

Always looking to add to my hoopla wall...Wanna trade?
phicri72
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011 08:33:24 PM »

I know that there is a yarn shop just north of Fountain Square on Virginia Ave. Haven't been in since I don't knit or crochet, but a friend who does says it has lots of cool stuff in there. Here's a link through the FS website.
http://www.discoverfountainsquare.com/merchant.cfm?id=43
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elottino
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011 06:45:26 AM »

I love Mass Ave Knit Shop listed above.  The Heirloom Classic bead store is near it, too. 

Crimson Tate is a fabric store on Mass Ave, there's the French Seam fabric on 86th between Castleton and Keystone,  and the Knit Stop is two shops down from it.  If you go there, then you might as well drive a little farther to Quilts Plus in Nora. 

And Quilt Quarters on N. Michigan Rd... 

Broadripple Knits, and Bead Angels in Broad Ripple...  Oh man I shop too much.  Sorry, I never noticed any embroidery patterns, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DiannaDZ
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012 08:58:56 PM »

There is a yarn shop in Zionsville that I visited recently.  But I have had to order lots of stuff on line as I could not find it in Indy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Indy Upcycle
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012 09:47:33 PM »

My shop is in Carmel (for now), but it might be something worth checking out if you like random crafty goodness!
I own Indy Upcycle. I sell previously owned art and craft supplies.
I have a ton of fabric, yarn, & cross stitch patterns. I also have fine art supplies, ephemera, beads, buttons, silk flowers, tools, sewing machines, and tons of crazy stuff you can make art or craft stuff with.
Check out my facebook page or my website. (indyupcycle.com or facebook.com/indyupcycle)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IndyCrafter
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012 07:26:18 AM »

I think Back Door Quilts in Greenwood had standard embriodery patterns. They had punch needle and felt embroidery projects, so I would think they would have other embriodery projects too. Lots of primative type designs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
INDIEanaHandicraftEx
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013 02:29:17 PM »

I second Crimson Tate :: Modern Quilter on Mass Ave. Heather has lots of great contemporary fabrics, and she offers a lot of classes. I know she has some kits and patterns, but I think they are mostly sewing and quilting projects.

Also recommend Mass Ave Knits near Fountain Square (actually on Virginia Avenue) is a great place for needles, yarn, etc., and they also offer classes. Believe they may have some kits, too, though likely not embroidery.

You may want to search on Etsy for embroidery patterns. You could probably come up with some good ones there. If you are looking for some less traditional patterns and are unable to find any locally, another great source is Jenny Hart, of Sublime Stitching. http://www.sublimestitching.com/collections/patterns-all-mix

Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to De-tangle and Cut Damaged Hair
Wedding Hairstyles - Updo
Wedding Hairstyles - Chignon
Hair Tips with Star Stylist Allan Avendano and Movie Star Joey King
How to Hide Thinning Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...