A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
674 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Itty Bitty Cherry and Apple Pies  (Read 668 times)
Tags for this thread: pie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RetroGypsy
« on: September 08, 2011 10:37:16 AM »

sHello Cooking Crafsters!  This is my first post to the Cooking Board!  I spend a bunch of my time on the needlepoint community.  When I don't have the needle and thread to some fabric I do quite a bit of baking and sharing my goodies with co-workers and have orders here and there for cakes and cake pops, which are super fun to create.  

Soooo...I put together a farewell potluck for work, my boss is hitting the road as well as another co-worker.  Of course I had to make some kind of dessert, but didn't want to go with my regular goods.  I decided on mini cheesecakes, a fave, and then since I always go overboard decided to also make mini pies.  I heart mini things, don't you?

Anyhow, I thought I would share a peek.  I decided to make apple and cherry....mmmmm.  For this first attempt I used a store bought dough, used a glass as a cutter for just the right size crust to fit into my mini muffin tins.  I wasn't quite sure how much filling to put in, so for the cherry I used  2 cherries and some cherry "goo" an for the apple I chose to fill it to the brim, since apples do cook down, I even sliced the apples up into itty bitty pieces.  I cut another piece of dough for the top crust and made a little cut out for the vent with a tiny fondant cutter.  Put them in the oven at 375 F for 10 - 15 minutes and TADA!!  My handsome fella was the royal taster and his eyes lit up when he popped 'em in his mouth, so I'll say that was a good sign  Wink  I hope my co-workers dig 'em.

Group shot!!

My next mini pie adventure I am going to make some sweet potato and pumpkin, holidays are just around the corner  Wink  Thanks for looking!!!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011 10:45:13 AM by RetroGypsy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
N30Nb100d
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011 11:39:55 AM »

These are awesome! I thought they were polymer clay for a moment before I started reading. How big are they really?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RetroGypsy
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011 02:30:34 PM »

Aww, thank you!  I just measured one, have a couple left from the potluck.  2" across is how the cherry measures, for some reason the apple turned out a tad bigger.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreamtiwas
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011 06:04:32 PM »

i love these! i was wondering what you used for the filling of the apple ones? i was planning on making these using a regular apple pie filling recipe, but then i was worried about the apples baking long enough to get soft... i've never made an apple pie before... thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sweettalk
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011 10:12:36 PM »

Those look amazing!
Good job! =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Korean Style Hot Dogs
How to Make Sweet and Sticky Spareribs with Indian Spices
Best-Ever Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
How to Roll Your Own Sushi
How to Make an Asian Glazed Gammon
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...