A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,555
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Poll
Question: What's your favorite entry in Craft Challenge #67, Sticky Situation?  (Voting closed: October 19, 2011 09:36:15 PM)
2 sided multi-buckle belt and tool kit---lots-O-pics - 5 (5.7%)
3 IN 1- Wallet, Duck and Hair Bow! Smiley Lots of Duct Tape! - 5 (5.7%)
Duct Tape Chain Necklace - 0 (0%)
Duct tape Narnia chair - 0 (0%)
Evelyn in Duct Tape - 16 (18.4%)
Glasses Case - 2 (2.3%)
Miao inspire duck tape traditional ceremony hat... - 13 (14.9%)
my hippie oricle - 2 (2.3%)
Screen Sirens... in 100% Duct Tape! - 31 (35.6%)
Zebra-striped Pink Jacket - 13 (14.9%)
Total Voters: 87

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: [FINISHED] Craft Challenge #67 – Sticky Situation - Due Oct 1 - 9, 2011  (Read 28387 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2011 08:58:06 AM »

Craft Challenge #67 – Sticky Situation - Due Oct 1 - 9, 2011

Winner Announced!

Congrats to jaimsey for her winning entry titled, "Screen Sirens"!

Check out jaimsey's full project thread here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=392425.0

It's time to VOTE!  Scroll up to see the voting poll.  You must be logged in to vote. Smiley
Vote now through October 19, 2011.

It's time to enter!

Post your entry as a NEW TOPIC here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=471.0

This month's challenge is inspired by a few fabulous suggestions we received on the Craft Challenge Themes idea board!  Special thanks to PuddinPants, Lee Funny, and GreenWhimsy for their ideas that inspired this challenge.

Your challenge this month is to create a project that features duct tape!  What is duct tape?  According to Wikipedia, duct tape is, "cloth- or scrim-backed pressure sensitive tape often sealed with polyethylene."  And luckily for us crafters, duct tape is now available in a wide variety of widths and funky colors!

Your project could be anything from a wearable item (pin?  purse?  homecoming dress?), to something as huge as a piece of furniture (duct tape couch, anyone?).  You decide what sort of sticky situation you want to create and get crafty!  Your project can use any brand, color or amount of duct tape.  You can also use other materials in your project, as long as the tape is obvious star of the show.

Craftsters have been using duct tape as crafting material for years!  Maybe you'll find some inspiration from their creations:

Neon spikes of duct tape bag
Bouquet of duct tape roses
Duct tape dress form
Bag of caution and duct tape
Duct tape wallets

Rules:

• Craft your project during this challenge period (Sep 6 - Oct 9, 2011).  Projects created before this timeframe will not be removed from the entry board, but they will be excluded from the voting poll.
  • Post your craft during the period of Oct 1 - Oct 9, 2011.  No sooner.  No later.  On Oct 1, 2011 there will be a special folder created for entries.
  • Voting will happen from Oct 13 - 19.
  • Enter only ONE project.  Your entry can have multiple components to it.

Originality:

It's probably impossible to know whether your project is 100% original, has never been posted on Craftster, or made by anyone else in the past.  But if your project was definitely inspired by something you've seen before, please give credit to that project. Smiley

Prizes:

At the end, I'll set up a poll right here and the first place winner (US or non-US) will get:

(1) their project in the Featured Projects area
(2) their project in the Craftster Blog
(3) and a prize from us at Craftster.org -- any one item from one of Craftster's online shops!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011 07:58:17 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011 06:08:02 PM »

YAY DUCT TAPE! I've got the perfect idea I just need to get started. *jots down note to buy duct tape on list of craft supplies to get*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
AngelKrafter
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011 08:44:37 PM »

I was in a couple of office superstores and they had some awesome colors and patterns of duct tape as well as sheets. So check out those big retail office stores.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
riffsrevenge
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011 08:01:52 PM »

oh man I prob. won't have time to create anything but I'm excited to see entries.. there are so many fancy kinds of duck tape now!! No longer stuck with only silver!!! This challenge should have really awesome entries.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

I’m not crazy about reality, but it’s still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011 11:17:18 PM »

I love ALL tape (as anyone who has gotten a swap package from me can attest), so I have a nice collection of interesting duct tape....now....just what do I need/want in duct tape is the real question.....I'll be thinking about this one for sure Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Shendy
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011 07:13:09 AM »

Hi
I'm a newbee and am going to give this a go, although Ive never seen duct tape in any other colour than grey/silver lol.

Shendy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

I’m not crazy about reality, but it’s still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011 04:13:32 PM »

Hi
I'm a newbee and am going to give this a go, although Ive never seen duct tape in any other colour than grey/silver lol.

Shendy Cheesy
Not sure what country your in, but Michaels Crafts, Ace Hardwear, and Wallmart all carry cool colored duct *quack* tape
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
HippieNation
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011 11:08:29 PM »

I know this isn't supposed to go here, but the "Inspired By Nature" thread is locked to posting.  Does anyone know who won the Inspired by Nature challenge?  Is it posted somewhere and I'm just not finding it? I noticed on the poll that 2 people each got 17 votes (both very much deserving the votes received I should add!), but who actually won?   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011 11:11:08 PM »

All I know is that is not a rare thing in the challenges.  I'm not sure how long it takes to get it posted, but it does take some time it seems.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011 08:21:58 AM »

I know this isn't supposed to go here, but the "Inspired By Nature" thread is locked to posting.  Does anyone know who won the Inspired by Nature challenge?  Is it posted somewhere and I'm just not finding it? I noticed on the poll that 2 people each got 17 votes (both very much deserving the votes received I should add!), but who actually won?   Smiley

Great question!

The poll results are accurate in displaying the winner, or winnerS in this case! Smiley  It was an awesome tie, so both members are winners!

We officially announce and recognize them in the next newsletter (the first business Monday of the following month, so Oct 3), as well as on the blog and in the contest thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Naomi Wolf on Her Powerful New Book Give Me Liberty
Author Becca Fitzpatrick Reveals Herself
Interview with Rick Springfield at Home in Malibu
Deadly Charm Book Announcement by Claudia Mair Burney
Novelist M.T. Anderson Talks About His Characters
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...