A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,474
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2011 r3 mini 13 days of Halloween Gallery  (Read 20699 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alchamy513
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Watson's Warriors

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011 02:03:26 PM »

Ooo, dibs on this spot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
cabaute

Fickle Crafter Extraordinaire

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Dickens

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011 08:22:41 PM »

My loot is here, my loot is here!  PurplePaisley and I agreed to start opening on October 1, which is really helpful for me since I'm going out of town for 2 weeks on 10/14 and wouldn't get to enjoy everything otherwise!!!

Here is Day 1, the outside package, a large Halloween duffel bag!  This will be great for storing Halloween stuff in the off season.  

I opened it up and inside was this cutie to welcome me to the swap. Smiley  She has a crocheted pumpkin and black cat, an awesome hairy mole on her nose, and some very glam high heels, lol!  Day 2:

Here she is posing with the other gifts:

I opened Day 3 before I left for work this morning... I couldn't wait. Cheesy  Inside were these super cute tiles!  I need to find a good way to display them; in the meantime they are leaning on my backsplash.

So fun so far!!!

Today I got an awesome fun orange scarf!  Perfect both for Halloween and also for Virginia Tech football season!! Cheesy Let's go HOKIES!!!  Day 4:

Day 5 is some really cool handmade and painted magnets!  I need to get some snaps of the back, you can see the clay rounded around.  I think maybe these were made using a press of some kind.  Pretty darn cool!

And day 6 is some super sweet placemats!  Check out the embroidery on these, so beautiful!!  I think my machine could do some similar patterns, but I can't sew that straight!!!

Day 7 is an awesome table runner, perfect for my extra long table.  It's nice also, because it's totally reversible, so when Halloween is over you can just flip it over and keep on using it!  Smiley

Closeups of the fabric:

Today's gift is a cool tea carrier.  This will be great for traveling (I'm heading out of town on Friday and this is going with me!!).  There's a fun (poly clay?) closure on the outside, and inside it holds a bunch of tea (it came stocked with yummy flavors perfect for the occasion - pumpkin spice and apple cider).  Day 8:

Day 9 is a fun ribbon wreath - this is a great idea...  I think I'm going to have to make more of these so I can have one for each holiday!!

Day 10 - a fun "BOO!" banner - need to get a dowel to hang this up!  

Day 11 - Oooh my doggies are super happy !!   I don't know which flavor they like better, they keep asking me to give them more samples so they can decide Cheesy

Day 12 - A super cute dangly-legged ghost and a glitter ghost snow globe!  I love the grin on the cat looking into the snow globe.  These are too cute!!

Day 13 - The final day has yummy snacks for ME (all mine, mine, mine!  Cheesy ) My favorite Dark Chocolate, combined with pomegranate seeds and with caramels.  I don't know which flavor I like better, I keep sampling back and fort to decide Wink

Thank you so much for being such a great partner, PurplePaisley!  I had a ton of fun doing this swap.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011 02:08:05 PM by cabaute » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hockamama
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011 06:14:05 AM »

Good grief, I'm such a slacker  Embarrassed

I received a great box of halloween goodies from ChristieAnn, and when my daughter came home for a visit, she opened it up for me (right, nosy thing).  Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pics of the wrapping, it was super cool.  ChristieAnn wrapped everything in black tissue and wrote the numbers in white paint.  Some of them were wrapped with the most awesome skeleton ribbon! She really spoiled me  Grin

I've been putting off transferring the pictures to the computer and then uploading them because it seems to take forever.  So, FINALLY, here they are:

Day 1 was a box of lovely chocolate that did not survive long enough to have it's picture made.  My 14 year old kept lurking around the corner, and every time I'd come back into the room there would be fewer pieces...

Day 2

Party goods!  Aren't they cute?  Smiley

Day 3

Swoon-worthy coasters.  I love these!!

Day 4

Cat wearing a mask in a candle.  She and I both have black cats, so alot of halloween stuff is a great fit Wink

Day 5

Scrabble tile picture.  This is probably my second fave, it's over my sink so I can look at it all the time.

Day 6 and 7

Gel drink charms and a cute little stuffed head

Day 8

Awesome Wizard of Oz witch magnets!  I heart these   Cheesy

Day 9

My favoritest item of all---the most awesome skull earrings.  I HEART these muchly  Grin Grin
Sorry the pic is so yucky, it's difficult to snap a picture of earrings in use on oneself, but I didn't want to take them off!

Day 10

Zombie Honeymoon.  The aforementioned 14 year old has made a date to watch it with me this weekend (if I can tear him away from Battlefield 3 long enough!!)

Day 11

Scrapbook supplies...look at all the pretty papers!  I love this too (I can tell it was a great swap by the amount of times I said I love it)

Day 12

The cutest punch and memo pad!

Day 13

The most gorgeous glass necklace!

And extras:

the little voodoo dolls are adorable and the ribbon was around some of the packages. 

A cool craft book that is so craftster-ish  Wink

And here are some of the things I sent to her:

I replaced the label with a vinyl fence and some ghosts

I found this in a superman blue color, took it apart and halloween-ed it.  I sent candy corn to go in it.

A countdown

reversible letters

the other side

Sidney the sock skeleton

jams

Jack hoop

embroidered wicked

rag wreath

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011 04:51:46 AM by hockamama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament.
  ~Oscar Wilde

wistpinterestfacebook
Sederick

"Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh...now doughnuts!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011 11:49:26 AM »

I guess since everyone else is doing it and I don't see a bridge I will be like the cool kids and claim a spot. damn you peer pressure!!! Smiley

My partner and I have decided to start on the first so I will be back here then.

Day 1: Well well well.. October 1st.. and my partner gave me the most awesome steampunk lunchbox!! I am totally going to carry this with me when I am steampunking out Smiley

MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH LOVE IT!!!
(edit..added one more pic to show off stuff IN box)

DAY TWO!!!
This picture of Vlad is crazy cool. I love the detail and I put a quarter next to it so you can see how cool and detailed it is

Day Three!! My favorite candy in the whole freakin world!! How did she know?? Oh wait..I told her *L*

Day four!! I opened an awesomely cool steampunk ouija locket. I am loving my stuff so far. I am totally doing this next year *L*

Day 5!! Okay..at first I couldn't figure out what it was.. then we opened it. It is slime and the most disgusting and awesome severed toe I have ever seen.. it is wonderfully awful *L*

Day 6!! Todays gift was an awesome pen. My wife has already claimed it as she loves pens *L*

Day 7!! Todays gift is this amazing mask. My wife fell in love with it immediately and it is hanging!! I love black and whites and this is beautufully done Smiley

Day 8!! I was gone to a haunted house and so I couldnt open for a couple of days. But here I am..catching up... This little vampire is amazing and I couldn't see his detail until I put my glasses on *L*

Day 9. This crazy guy is funny and awesome and we both love him. He has joined the vampire in my halloween village *L*

Day 10. This is awesome. I have been jealous of the people who have been getting these. They are not something I can buy around here and I have been looking at these on deviant art.
THANK YOU!!

Day 11 NOOO we are getting near the end This is very very cool and she makes noise. Light sensitive noise MUHAHAHAHAHHA

Day 12 This makes me sad that there is only one day left Sad It also makes me sad that this is my partners last day because I gave her candy for tomorrow Sad BUT.. I LOVE my new notebook.. My partner knew I loved Tim Burton and made me this awesome book. I love that stare girl is on the front and not only does it have NMBC but lots of other Burton art.. OH and you cant see it but it has this awesome "parrot eaten" effect. It's subtle but amazing SmileySmiley

Day the last (with much wailing and gnashing of teeth) This makes me sad. I have loved this swap. I do swaps mostly as an inspiration to do more art so I never really care what I receive. My partner this time made me care and I thank her for that. I have to publicly apologize because her last day is her candy day and mine was awesome day. thisbirdsabsurd graced me with many cool gifts but the last one kicked some a$$. The box is wonderful in itself but as I opened it it kept getting better. Located inside the eye adorned box was a series of potions.. the likes of which could put Dr Finkelstein asleep. I love the spider on the inside of the lid and the skull shaped bottle. I loved this gift and the swap as a whole. Thank you very much for the start of a great month. I will be back next year!! *L*

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011 07:21:26 AM by Sederick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kapow. Totally logical and irrefutable rebuttal to your possible doubts.
Deviantart http://sederick.deviantart.com/
Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/TrixiesTrash
Pinterest http://pinterest.com/sederick/
Lrigrem

<3 HP, Twilight, Halloween

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011 11:54:29 AM »

I GOT MY BOX!!!!  And it's big!  And full of awesome!

The loot:

What I got to open today (October 5 - gotta admit, it was nice NOT having to restrict myself the very first day!):

Loose in the box (along with a wind up pumpkin - that's gonna be fun to mess with my friend's dogs): Candy corn earrings, and a mysterious metal thing.  It looks like a base, but to what?

Day 13: An incredibly cool quilted Pirate Pumpkin wall hanging!  THIS IS SO COOL!  I love him!  His name is Jack.  In honor of Jack Skellington and Jack Sparrow.

Day 12: AH HA!  That's what the metal thing is!  The base to the COOLEST Halloween Tree!  AlmostDawn, where did you find this!?!?  I want to buy a bunch & hang all my jewelry on them!  I think the candy corn earrings & base were supposed to be in this package, and not loose, but the tissue paper teared & they fell out.  That's ok, the metal piece kept me guessing until I found the tree.  The tags says the bones are erasers - they are so neat looking!

Close up of the Halloween Tree (cuz it's too cool not to have it's own pic):

Day 11: MONSTER!

He got hungry & ate some of the eraser bones.  He said they were tasty.  I'll take his word for it.

Day 10: A bag PACKED full of decoration stuff.  It has bottle labels, a grow-your-own-mummy, bloody candles (which I just made myself like 2 nights ago! Love it, I didn't have enough to fill my candelabra but now I do!), a finger & bone mold, brains (of course), skeletons (which will get strung in a tree NBC-style), raven silhouettes, a super neat paper lantern that has bats!, & a bag of Halloween rings:

Day 9: A HOOP!  My first ever!  It's so neat!  AlmostDawn mentioned she'd hang it year round - I'm not sure I can pull this off at work (it will be displayed all the time once I move & have a craft room).  It's definitely going up at work tomorrow!  If I don't get any comments after Halloween, it'll probably stay until I move!  It'll have competition, though, as I love Jack so much I think he'll stay up after Halloween, too!

Some of the packaging was a bit ripped, so I got a peek of one thing, and one other thing had something falling out, but I actually turned my head as I held it so I didn't see what it was.  Smiley  I love the surprise factor!  I put everything back in the box gently, with the most current stuff on top so I don't have to move anything more than necessary.  It is tomorrow yet?

**Ok, I'm back!  I opened my package each morning, but wasn't able to take pics.  So I did it all this morning.**
Day 8: My papercrafting day!  Tons of great paper: awesome Halloween paper, some blank colored paper, and some really neat patterned paper (I love the cranes and the green dandelion-like paper!).  It also had glitter cardstock Halloween designs (I saw a witch shoe!) and Halloween "Glitter Transparencies".  I had no clue what this was, and NEVER would have bought it myself.  But it's awesome.  I want to buy small mirrors to utilize the frames/borders that came in this, and put the other images (spiders, etc) on windows and mirrors around the house.  It so neat, and not something I ever would have bought for myself.  Thanks!

Day 7: Transmutation Experiments.  I LOVE THIS.  So inventive!  Sorry for the mass of pics, but it's necessary to the story.  Smiley  The 1st container is my 1st Transmutation experiment (unsuccessful).  The plaque is on my gecko's cage, as she is the Successful Transmutation Experiment No. 2 - with an unfortunate side effect of a taste for brains.

Too cute!  Both are set up on top of her cage.  

Day 6: I'm in love with this package.  The two t-shirts are thrift store finds (I wanna come to your thrift stores!  Mine suck!), and the thermal/henley material?  I got two amazing Mad Hatter shirts, and SKULL AND CROSSBONES THERMAL material?  I'm in heaven! This was the package that the tissue had ripped on, so I knew it had creepy cloth in it - I only have one 'creepy cloth', and it's black, and I never buy more since it's kinda expensive at michael's and I can't find it elsewhere, so yay!  I'm thinking I know what I'll do with the orange spider fabric, too.  Wink  Seriously, such good finds.  I have a couple of different plans for the thermal material - either make a long sleeve shirt (if I have enough), add sleeves to one of my fav shirts (maybe my roller derby jersey?), or line a hoodie/jacket hood. I'll think of something that will get a lot of use!

Day 5: A Faerie door!  I hung this on my wall already!  Love it!  And Phoebe approves.  Smiley  (Sorry the big image is sideways, it's the one that turned out best.

I realized I forgot to include a pic of Phoebe when I opened the box (she seems to think I get swap packages so she can eat the packaging):

Day 4: Halloween origami kit - this is really cool.  I hope to have some time this weekend to try making some of these.  I want to leave them around the office of people's desks.  Smiley

Wolfman:

Day 3: Baby pumpkins!  Too adorable!  The note said "To start my porch off" - but these little guys can't be kept outside for that long!  They'll just have to come into work with me.  (I'll bring them home closer to Halloween.)

For size: Phoebe, my bunny is medium/large, the pumpkins are about hand held size.

Day 2: CANDY!!! Woo hoo! (POP ROCKS! YAY!)  And a pumpkin (filled with loofah) for Phoebe.  She is picky about toys, but went right over & tossed it around.  Yay!

Oh my gosh!  One day left!  It's almost over - I'm kinda sad.  But it was so much fun opening everything & crafting for this was a BLAST.  I think I'll just have to make some time to craft for myself one of these weekends!

Day 1: A fantastic tote bag with neat Halloween designs.  One side has a spiderweb & crow in opposite corners, the other side has an entire Halloween scene - a spooky tree with bats!
Phoebe, knowing it was the last package, FLOORED it over to make sure she helped open it. 

Such a cool swap.  I'm so happy I did this one!  I have a new Halloween tradition now! 

THANK YOU ALMOSTDAWN!  You are awesome & you rock!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011 08:42:53 AM by Lrigrem » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ask a Gentern who they prefer, ten out of nine will say "The Pavi!" <3 Oghr!
Repo! The Genetic Opera R3 Swap
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401054.0

http://pinterest.com/lrigrem/
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011 01:35:16 PM »

The spot is sweet and fragrant and none may post here without my permission!!!

Ok, so I received on friday (and saturday!!) and we did agree to start opening on the 1st. However, it's been pretty crazy around here and it was taking just FOREVER to upload pictures. But I have some now and boy did my partner spoil the crap out of me and my family!

Jillybeans basically made something for each of my family members (and me) on every day so far (and also seems for the rest of the days, too). What a sweetheart! Ok, I'm going to get started!
This is the first box - huge right?

Here are the packages wrapped up: By the way, what a smashing job she did! I'm totally jealouse of her creativity!

Day 13

Then there are my girls bags:

And the ones she made for me and my husband. Mine is the fall leaves and his is the spooky tree and pumpkins!

Day 12
 Oooh! Look at this pretty little box!

Why, what could be inside?

And, holy crap it's delicious!

Day 11

Wow! Again with all of those pretty packages!

The girls got a matching set of cute barrettes:

My husband got a super fun monster mug, with shot of my dog, Bella:

And I got the best thing ever!

and a shot of how sparkly it all is!:

The super cool thing is all the pages are from Sherlock Holmes, the Hound of the Baskervilles! My husband and I love Sherlock Holmes and I don't even think I told her that!

Day 10

Woohoo! pretty packaging again! I remember what delicious things were in the last one! What could be in here?

Oh man! Delicious!

My family and I are Harry Potter fans and these will be a sweet treat for when we start our marathon before Halloween. Yay!

Day 9
More cute and intriguing little bags! I didn't photo it, but behind each number is the persons name it belongs to.

Oh how cute! A kitty for each little girl. And guess what their names are? On the back of each collar is "Hocus" and "Pocus". So cute!

And for my husband? A whole bunch of mustaches!

I think my favorite is the Tom Seleck! LOL!

And my present is this beautiful hair fascinator! She says its for my costume (I'm usually a fairy), but I think I'll wear it for more than just that. Smiley Beautiful!

Day 8
Today is simply another fantastic grubbin' surprise! It's home made carmel popcorn!
There were four - one for each of us. Now there is only this one left.

Day 7
Ok, so I am terrible about making time to upload my photos! Alas, a whole week has gone by since I've put up pictures and I'm so sorry! We are moving this weekend, so it's been kinda nuts, but here are the rest of my awesome goodies! I will continue to post them under their days even though I opened my last awesome something already!

Ok, day 7!:

My hubbster got these! He kinda looks like the old man from Up. Wink

The girlies got these cutie matching candy corn style hair clips!

And me? I got this awesome owl tag banner!!

be jealouse, I know you want to!

Day 6

oooh! What's inside?
Woohoo! The fam is super excited!

these coasters are fantastic! Love the fall inspiration!
and also these:

Yummy!

Day 5

now we'll start with the girls:

cute! This woman is phenomenal with hair cuties! These are my favorites so far - very Tim Burton. Wink
and some super cute wooden bracelets!

Day 4

And inside is something I definitely can't wait to make!

so cute!!!

Day 3

this day was so much fun! Have I mentioned we are Harry Potter fans? Well, she totally delivered! Me, my husband, and our oldest got our very own wands and our littlest got a Gryffindor scarf!! How sweet!
mine:

Elli's:

hubby's:

and M`aire's cute scarf!:

Day 2

the girlies again:
what beautiful hair clips! I think I may have to "borrow" these from them... Wink

and the best freaking tea I've ever had! Note to self: definitely order some online. This will be gone in a week...

I'm also fairly certain there was a pound of coffee for my husband, but I can't seem to find it or the photo. Super delicious though! It was pumpkin spice coffee!

Day 1

woot woot!
The girls each got their own "halloween bag" with felt candy! They have been going nuts over these since opening them!

and I have my very own Headless Horseman! Sleepy Hollow is one of my favorites and she crafted this lovely little guy for me!
and guess what?
His head comes off!

Now, this beanie she crafted for my husband and he loves it! He wore it the day he got it open. Wink I can't remember which day he goes to, though, so I'm posting him at the end.

And as if all this glorious goodness wasn't enough? She even sent a little extra for my girls:

Jillybeans, this has been a wonderful swap. Thank you for your time and care in everything you crafted and wrapped. I sincerely hope you like everything you and your husband receive and I feel so blessed! Thank you so much!

oh! And if I missed anything, let me know! There was just so much, I may have forgotten to post a pic of it!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011 01:47:28 PM by Audania1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

thisbirdsabsurd

Be Happy!

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011 01:42:31 PM »

I can hear my mother's voice - "Well if your friends jumped off the Brooklyn bridge would you do it too?"  
  Geronimoooooooooooooo!
Okay - here we go!!  I was lucky enough to get a day one in addition to my container!  Look at all this awesome loot - and how completely amazing is this Halloween box???  I love it!!

And now for day one - a very cool little dia de los muertos guy to hang - he will be going on the inside of my front door!

Off to a great start Sed!  Thank you!!
DAY TWOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
A cute little box with candy (gone) and a tiny bottle of MAGIC sprinkles - with a poetic little scrolled message.  Smiley

DAY 3
Is it completely immature of me that this swap has totally taken over my life and it's the first thing I think about in the morning??  I have to get up at 4 am for work so my routine has become...stagger to the kitchen, feed the dogs, make some coffee, open my present.  Smiley  Today was a pair of very cool earrings - accompanied by M&Ms (which went very well with my coffee) - these are awesome!

DAY FOUR!!
Cute little Halloween kitty rockin' out on his drum!  LOL - he had a little mishap on his way to California - lost both arms and his glasses - hope I put him back together ok!!

DAY FIVE!!
Check out this most awesome batty dotee!  He is perfect - already hanging with the other dotees I've collected - Love him!

Okay - playing a little game of catch up with:
DAY SIX!
another band member - this one playing his Halloween horn.  Here he is next to the drummer from Day 4.

And then - Day Seven!!
Sederick had me cracking up with his explanation for this one.  It is a TP cover made by his wife - the lovely shannonMB.  It's really pretty darn cute!!

DAY 8
Check out this cool little box!  Looks pretty simple from the outside - right?

But when the light shines in from above...

Pretty cool - huh?
DAY NINE!
  Day 9 bumps my black cat band up to a trio.  A guitar player has joined the crew.  Don't tell the others - but he just might be my favorite!  Wink

DAY 10!!
WOW - DAY 10 and I received the coolest Halloween bracelet ever!!  I'm not sure one picture adequately shows all the amazing stuff on here, but I did my best to arrange it for the best view possible!  I'll be wearing this everyday til Halloween!  (Will I get in trouble if I wear it after Halloween?)  Wink

DAY 11!!
I can't believe we're almost done!  Only two days to go...I'll be sad without my morning present.  Wink  Well no disappointment today - another great sculpy creation from the talented Sederick - this time it's a set of spooky magnets...well okay - too cute to be spooky,  Wink

DAY 12
Even though I had to get out of the house early this morning I made sure there was enough time for present opening!  I really need a video clip for you to appreciate this little house  The windows light up to reveeal the spooky inhabitants AND it plays Monster Mash! Too cute!

DAY 13
Boo hoo!  Last day and I'll be so sad not to have anything else to open!!  This has been a lot of fun - a challenge as always, and has really put me in the spirit of things.  Thanks Sederick for being a great partner and thanks to our wonderful organizers!!
  And Sederick - don't apologize for candy on the last day - who doesn't like candy?  My grandkids thought they'd hit the jackpot when they saw!  Wink
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011 11:06:18 AM by thisbirdsabsurd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop is here!  www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
bobbinalong
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011 01:55:43 PM »

Well, I came into this dark, scary thread to investigate a strange noise, scantily clad, of course, and it killed me.

I had a really great time crafting for this swap, and a very awesome talented parter that made me things I absolutely love!  It was so much fun and I'm sad that there are no more cool things to open.

Day 1:  Jewelry and Accessories day!  I get these great horn barrettes, they're so awesome.  A cockroach ring, this is so funny, my sister and I have an aunt that wears a huge black ring on her finger and we've always called it her cockroach ring, and we still snicker about it 20 years later.  Yeah, we're juvenile. It's still awesome, though.  Spider web earrings!  I'm gonna get an action shot tonight, I'm wearing them to work. 

Annnnd, a slashed throat necklace.  Unfortunately, I'm not wearing it to work, because I walk through the ER to get to the office and it'd probably freak people out.  It's definitely getting worn to Sloss Fright Furnace this weekend, though.

This picture's not the greatest, but they're beaded around the edge. 

Day 2:  *does the Time Warp* Look!  It's my very own Rocky Horror Picture Show survival kit!  It's so super awesome.  Now, I just need a babysitter and a road trip to go find a show, since we live in the boondocks.  

There's lipstick (to wear), Balloons (to pop), rice (to throw), JANET cards (for Dammit, Janet), water gun (because it needs to be raining), a newspaper (to cover your darling hair from the rain), a glowstick (because there's a liiiiiiight over at the Frankenstein place), Time Warp (it's just jump to the left), PURPLE! rubber gloves (to pop on to show your creation), noisemaker (Transylvanians partygoers make lots of noise), confetti (for the wedding scene), toilet paper (Great Scott!), party hat (Rocky's birthday), toast (Frank proposes one), paper plate (for your bite of Eddie), bell (did you hear a bell ring?), sponge (Columbia says Frank is one), cards (for sorrow, for pain), rope (after Frank's tragic demise), and a hot dog (you better not try to hurt her).

So here's my spot.

Day 3:  Awesome spider bowl, holding Nerds and Smarties, glow in the dark bats, and severed fingers!  Woo!

These are so cool!

I think this bowl matches my table runner perfectly.

Day 4: Unfortunately, either I lost day 4, or the post office did. Sad

Day 5:  Two spider glasses, a skull candy mold, lifesavers, lime Jell-O and a little skeleton magnet man! I have never made candy (other than bark, but you know, that's just pouring on wax paper) so we're going to give these a whirl for Halloween.  My daughter said she wanted to make it so a worm was crawling out of the eyehole.  I think I have warped my children.

I really think these are awesome.

The kids were having fun with him, like putting his foot coming out of his head and making his arms his feet, and then making it look like he was kicking his own head - they're so weird.

Day 6:  A spiderweb table runner.  Don't look at my messy kitchen, or my box of yet to be opened Halloween goodies stacked in the corner.  The kids want them there so we can open up each day at breakfast.

Day 7:  A poor mummy man with his spiders gleefully lurking over his corpse.  I still searching for the perfect place to display this, I'm thinking he's going to hang over my sink in the kitchen!

Awesome gel window clings.  I tried to get a 'before' shot when they were all nice in their packaging, but it just wasn't happening.  I did mange to gather them back up after the kids had stuck them on the bathroom mirror, the front door, the cat flap door (?!) and the turtle tank.

Not pictured was a huge bag of sunflower seeds, unfortunately, when they get opened in this house and parceled out, they don't last long.  Yummy.

Day 8:  Bottles!  These are fantastic!  Kinda funny because I sent her bottles, too, although I think these are better than mine.  I love the pumpkin luminaries, I had just put some on my pinterest last week!

Please ignore the breakfast and coupon debris behind them!

Close up of my favorite, the skeleton of the shrinking potion experiment gone wrong.

Day 9:  So, I'd made a wisecrack in my questionaire about getting a guilliotine, and lo and behold, I received one!  I laughed out loud when I opened this bag and found this poor headless woman and the instrument of her demise!

Day 10:  jmiller614 made day 10 be for the kiddos, and boy, were they excited!

Chloe with her loot.  She got a thermos, glow sticks, a witch that ran into a wall craft kit, a necklace with a bat pendant and a ghost pendant, this gross bloody bandage wrap finger thing that shoots off your finger at people, freaked her grandmother out, and a little paper monster (which she is using as a bookmark, is that right?).

Annnnd, her very own skull ring, which she thinks is the greatest thing ever.

Keegan got glow sticks, water and grow insect shapes, a skull cup, and an altered puzzle painted to be a pumpkin (which has already been put together half a dozen times)  It was super hard to get him to be still long enough for a picture!

Day 11:  Happy Halloween sign, halloween stickers, orange crepe paper for decorating, and Nightmare Before Christmas cards, which are so great!  I think the tiny little bolts on Sally's card is the best.

Day 12:  Halloween cards and a finger pen!  I think they all are super awesome, my favorite is probably the Thriller one, though.  I may keep it instead of sending it to friends, too bad for them!

Group shot:

All individual cards:

Day 13: Creepily cool candle holder with skull, and the candle made the whole box smell really good! (not actually sure if its for this day, but it wasn't wrapped and I had to find the source of that smell!)

Breadsticks shaped like bones.  We've already ate some of them (ignore the bone with bite marks!)

And sugar-free brownies made with pumpkin.  Hopefully they'll be some left by the time hubby gets home.

I love this fabric!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011 07:38:11 AM by bobbinalong » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011 02:12:48 PM »

Ffrogg526 and I met up today to swap packages!  Here's my booty all set to go.  She wrapped them so beautifully!  We've agreed to start opening on October 1st.  Is it October 1st yet??

Day 1
My container is this awesome crocheted bag lined with a gorgeous batik fabric.  I think these are granny squares, said the extremely impressed non-crocheter... Thank you so much, Ffrogg526!

Day 2
Today I opened a cute glass container that's decorated with swirls in Halloween colors.  I'd love to see a tutorial for this, love it!

Day 3
This project has been on my favorite projects list forever.  Ffrogg526 made me an entire village of ouija board chunky houses!  I love chunky houses and only collect Halloween-related ones.  This seriously pushed my tiny village into a respectable sized town, thanks so much!

Day 4
Holy cow!  A Halloween charm bracelet! She included some handmade as well as metal charms and chunkied it up with beads in Halloween colors.  LOVE!  I just have to say I'm so very impressed with my partner's talents.  It appears she can do everything!

Day 5
OK, so my talented partner is evidently an origami expert as well as everything else she does!  Holy moly, check this box out, it opens into four different levels and each level had a pair of earrings in it.  I swear, there's nothing my partner can't do!  Thank you so much, Rebecca!

Day 6
A hoop!  This is Ffrogg526's specialty and it's so very nicely done.  I love the tiny stitches and need some lessons from her.  Isn't it awesome?!

Day 7
Today on my way to steal socks from my husband, I picked up my package and, behold, it contained socks!  I wore a pair to the farmer's market this morning, and also my new bracelet.  It was nice to show them off!

Day 8
Today was a treat day, and it's my favorite...flavored coffee!  I may have to make a second pot to try this out today.  Thanks Rebecca!

Day 9
Today's package revealed an adorable little hand painted jack o'lantern basket.  Too cute!

Day 10
Today I received some really cute Halloween wine glass charms.  They're packaged on a pumpkin themed cardboard wine glass.  I love that!

Day 11
How clever is this??  Stamped polymer clay bowls.  I'm totally stealing this idea!  

Day 12
Straight off of my wist, a patchwork table runner.  It looks great with my bat photo!  Thanks so much, Ffrogg526, LOVE it!

Day 13
Because my partner is an overachiever, I had two things to open today!  First of all, the world's longest Halloween bunting that fits perfectly onto our Evita balcony.  How did Ffrogg526 know this?  We swapped in person, I'm sure she had a look around and crafted this for our space. LOVE it!  And it matches the table runner from yesterday!

And... a scarf that's reminiscent of Beetlejuice.  Since I can't knit or crochet, I can really appreciate the work that went into this.  I love love love it, thank you for being my partner, Ffrogg526!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011 07:57:43 AM by MissingWillow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
AlmostDawn
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011 03:52:45 PM »

My spot. Right. Here.

Oh man. I was out this weekend with a nasty migraine, but I'm back now with some awesome goodies.

Super awesome goodies from Lrigrem:

Everything out of the box:

Day 13: The cutest bag ever! And it was filled with candy. Nom nom nom.

Day 12: Super cute stickers and cards!

Day 11: Brainzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Day 9: Chocolate!
ZOMG. There's a mustache. Even better than a finger mustache disguise 'cause I can eats it!

Day8: Moar Candy! And pumpkins. And a candle.

Dude...that candle smells soooooooooooooooooooooooo good.
Admittedly, there was more candy than in the picture. There's a terrible candy monster rampaging the neighborhood.

And there's Day 7 in the background.
Taunting me.
Cause UPS brought my 2nd box.

And i'm going in super early. Then I have errands.
*then* I can open it.

I'm gonna go stick my face in that candle again.

Day 7: Moar Brainzzz. In a jar!
And Candy Poppers.

The thing wrapped in pretty ribbon was a reese's but that pesky candy monster rans away with it again.

Day 6: Spoooooooooooky Tree.
I was so excited to open this one 'cause it was a funny wrapped shape.
It's my very own spooky tree.
(With Brainzzz in jar..look how they've grown!)

Day 5: Toys for Oz!
Oz has been alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll over the second box of stuff to come in. It's been hard to take pics without him rubbing his face on everything (which is why Day 6 is so blurry).
I've found the reason why!
There was a day just for him!!
I barely got it open before he ran off with everything included.
I've never seen him try and carry three toys at once before.
Here's the pic I managed to get after following him?

What you can't see is that his big butt is on the bat that was made for him.
Thank you SO much!

Day Four:
Candy Corn!
Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom

Day Three:
A green nomnom monster!
Oz also believed this was a present for him and has run off with it. No joke.
I went into the office to get my camera and came back and there's no monster.
He's stashed it.
Prolly in his "fort" which is the general name for the secret place he's found in the new house to hide things.
Jerky cat.

Day Two:
O.......M........G...
*dies*

LOVE IT. It's already on my art wall.
And that's a Poe story in the background I think.
Which is PERFECT.
*muppet flail*

Day One:
*insert even more muppet flail here*
Excuse the weird light in this picture. I took it in my bathroom because we're having crazy storms here but I couldn't wait to take a pic and show y'all.

It's a sprocket pillow!
With a candy corn button center!
It lives in the bed.
I don't care what anyone else says.
It lives in the bed. ALWAYS.

Lrigrem you are the most super awesomest partner ever.
Thank you thank you thank you times one billion!

I'm sad it's all over.
But I LOVE what I have. (And Oz does too...I hope I find my poor nomnom monster)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011 04:26:04 PM by AlmostDawn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sewallegorical.com

Stalking me?: http://pinterest.com/allegorical/

50 in 2011: 14/50
Sketchbook Project 2012: Untitled
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style a Bun
DIY Dry Skin Treatments
3 Great Products for Being Glamorous on a Budget
Urban Decay Debuts Must Have Naked3 Palette
Olivia Wilde Shares Her Beauty Tips
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...