A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
758 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gift ideas for a friend who doesn't want anything?  (Read 905 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Willowe
« on: September 04, 2011 12:25:14 PM »

So one of my closest friends is just starting college this year. Money is really tight for her; for the longest time she wasn't sure if she would be able to afford her classes and she's living at home still so she doesn't have to pay for room/board. She was also feeling really guilty about not being able to afford to send me a birthday present, which honestly I didn't really care about whatsoever.

This is important because she's indirectly told me that she's doesn't really expect me to give her anything for her birthday, which is coming up in a month or so, simply because she didn't get anything for me. But she's my friend and I still want to give her something.

I know she would feel bad about receiving something big, or something that looks expensive, so I'm looking for smaller/inexpensive gift ideas so she'll enjoy it without feeling guilty.

She's very artistic and loves animals (especially cats). In the past I've sent her a modified knitting needle roll to hold pencils, art supplies, a crocheted cat, a hat with cat ears, a Longcat scarf... I'm sort of out of ideas at this point! I was thinking maybe something she could use at school, or for her drive there, but I'm still drawing a blank.

Any ideas? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
Cherry Bomb
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011 11:02:23 AM »

I have a cat shaped biscuit cutter, and I once used it to make made some cat shaped cookies for a friend -that went down very well.

Or how making her about a mix CD to listen to on the way to college?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Prey Species
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011 10:29:18 AM »

If she actually has a cat....... store bought cat toys can be incredibly expensive, but very easy to make..... you can easily make little cat pillows or toys out of leftover cloth or felt - catnip is also pretty cheap to give the toys a little something extra....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Duct Tape Jack-O-Lantern
Duct Tape Cell Phone Cases
How to Make a Duct Tape Hair Band
How to Make Duct Tape Flowers
How to Make a Paper Plate Heart Basket
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...