A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
358 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Local Attraction Swap  (Read 8738 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xTroublex
Dharma bum

Fly or fall

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2011 05:38:48 PM »

My package from Crazyda:

La Sierra shirt, Navel orange journal and some candy (not all of it made it home to be pictured >.> ) and a bumper sticker!  Thanks Crazyda!  Smiley

And I picked up a second partner halfway through.  So, from AprilInAutumn:

Close up of the logo on the shirt.

The necklace she made, a map of Orange and it has Cleveland St!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AprilInAutumn
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2011 02:01:13 PM »

So xTroublex stepped in and subbed as a swap partner for me, which was awesome.

Here are the goodies:

IMAG0545 by April in Autumn, on Flickr
It's kind of hard to see in the light, but it says Welcome to Fabulous Akron Pizza, Chicken and Jojos served daily.  Love the colors!

IMAG0547 by April in Autumn, on Flickr
The card is a picture of the trail to Icebox Cave, which I have been to many times.  She handcarved the Ohio stamp and the other two objects are Goodyear erasers.  Goodyear's headquarters are in Akron.

Thanks, xTroublex!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2011 03:35:14 PM »

Ooo, I like the color of that shirt too!

Well, that's all folks! Great packages, everyone! I hope you all had a great time swapping!

Let's do this again sometime, shall we?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2011 10:19:54 AM »

Let's do this again sometime, shall we?

Im in...maybe after the New Year?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amymarie78

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2011 06:59:52 AM »

I've got a whole new list of places to visit!  And I'd love to play again.  Around here though many things are seasonal... so spring would be better for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gr33nT3a
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2011 03:37:04 AM »

Super super duper-etc late post.

After a long transit (I'm pretty sure they strapped this package to a turtle to get it out here) and a gnarly week of barfing (which made me cancel ALL of my brithday plans last week), we finally have pictures of the awesome stuff that Starfire sent me! She pulled from both Illinois and the Missouri area for the swap.

Pumpkin butter and apple cinnamon jelly from local farms. I have been chomping at the bits for a taste of these things but have had to wait because rich foods were killing my tummy.

Information and fun things to do in the area. Plus a totally yummy box of candy since it seemed fall like.

Post cards an a magnet from things in her area. Let me tell you something about that little ballerina on the bottom left. She is a bronze statue from an artist named Degas. When my husband and I just started dating one of the first things we did as a couple was got to an art Museum in southern California. This little dancer was part of one of the exhibits at the museum the time that we went. That was about 6 years ago and this November will be our 3 year marriage anniversary. I'm planning on using this postcard as the card I give him for our anniversary. =)

This postcard makes me giggle. Something about the old style font.

A close up of the shirt she sent. It is a cut jar of horseradish, but doesn't like to photograph very well. It was a little too big for me, but it fits my husband very well! According to her letter 80% of the worlds horseradish comes from the area she lives in. 

And my favorite part of the whole package. MY FIRST HOOP! It is a lovely little pink dogwood blossom that apparently grow all over Missouri. The fabric is kind of hard to see, but there is a lovely pattern on it. I was so happy when I opened this up and was beaming all day. The stitches are so pretty and will be hanging up on my wall soon so everyone can see it.

And a bonus picture of my cat making a crazy yawning face while I was taking pictures outside. lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Běifāng yǒu jiārn, jush r dl. Y g qīng rn chng, zi g qīng rn gu. Nng b zhī qīng chng yǔ qīng gu. Jiārn nn zi d.
北方有佳人,绝世而独立。一顾倾人城,再顾倾人国。宁不知倾城与倾国。佳人难再得。
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2011 11:12:13 AM »

Pumpkin butter and apple jelly plus a giant bottle of ketchup? Oh my gosh I need those things!

At first I thought perhaps USPS had taken to employing dolphins to deliver your package but turtles makes much more sense. Sheesh.

But, oh, so much yummy goodness. I wouldn't have minded if the package somehow made its way over to me  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StarFire
Maker of Things.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2011 11:25:40 AM »

Oh yay, nothing broke!  Turtle use must be part of the USPS budget strategy.   ~_^ 

Gr33nt3a, I love your connection to the ballerina!   She lives at the St. Louis art museum, and I never knew she was sent out to visit elsewhere.  I just have memories as a kid of seeing her in some textbook at school then being shocked when I saw her in person at the museum.  She has always been a favorite of mine.   Its awesome that the card is going to be gifted to your husband.  <3

Glad you liked all the goodies.  'Specially glad everything got there!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
StickerChic87
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2011 11:43:29 AM »

That hoop is really great! And I too love the ballerina. I grew up doing ballet and love Degas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ways To Wear Varsity Jackets
Topshop Expands To More Nordstrom Locations
The 5 Pieces You Need to Transition Into Fall
How To Get Vanessa Hudgens Boho Look For Less
Worst Dressed of the 2013 MTV VMAs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...