A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,084
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Local Attraction Swap  (Read 7747 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MaryColleen
Lover of all things crafty

This Princess Rescues Herself!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011 06:35:23 PM »

I received my package from my partner Mindawn yesterday (I think because I got home late and got the mail today).  Here are the photos.

Whole Package - Shirt, mint, post cards, very cool bracelet, and information on Fargo:

Close up of the mint from her garden and post cards

Close ups of bracelet:

Thank you so much Mintdawn, I hope you like your package and that you think your shirt is funny.  I am going to put my feet up tonight and read about Fargo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My basement is finally finished - Craft room on one side, Bar on the other side.  Why would I ever want to come back upstairs?

www.wists.com/marycolleen
pinterest.com/mcolleenford
worn wasted

Did you borrow my crayon set?AND MY MIND?!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011 09:23:31 PM »

I received my package from my partner amymarie78 today. She's from Cochranton, PA. Never heard of it!  Wink But I have heard of Punxsutawney Phil and that's just who so happened to grace my shirt.

Amy and I decided to swap 2 shirts (one for us and one for each others child). In my case she got me 2 for my DD. My daughter loves the Halloween shirt!

And last but not least she made this adorable embroidered hoop. Pretty excited about it. I have big plans of having a collection of hoops on my wall someday.

*gasp!* and do you see that?! Who's hiding amongst the trees? I didn't even notice it at first...
It's a teeny tiny Bigfoot!

Thanks for the great package amymarie78! And thanks y'all for another fun swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011 12:29:07 PM »

Love that hoop embroidery!!

Do you all remember my giant chunk of garlic that Heresa sent me?

We chopped up a couple cloves and put it in our alfredo last night...SO GOOD!!!!  Grin Thanks again Heresa!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetyetevil
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011 01:01:11 PM »

I just received from pjr107. My goodies all came from where she lives in PA.

First up

In the background an insulated bag for frozen goodies with the skyline on one side and night time on the other.
Some treats made in PA. I belive the name is Tastee Cakes (sp?) and they are delicious! I have only found them in Michigan once.Yummmmmmy. A brass ring from Knoebels amusement park. A free park in PA which dogs are also allowed in. This is very cool!

A close up of the brass ring

cool huh!
My sweet Knoebels shirt and crafted liberty bell. The shirt has glitter in the white image which you cannot tell from the pic but it is really sweet!!!

A close up on the bell....see the little brass piece on the bottom....yeah baby it is a coin purse!!! This is super awesome!!!

What a great swap, thanks PJR!!!! I loved everything!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjr107
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011 01:45:36 PM »

Time for the wonderful goodies from Sweetyetevil and her state of Michigan.

the tshirt is from Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum in Farmington Hills, MI.  its the history of neato mechanical stuff. 

my son really likes the looks of this place and asked if he could have one of his birthday parties there... if we are in a hotel in MI around that time...
And a hoop with a felt robin, the state bird of MI ... have the perfect spot for him in my hart gallery (hallway art).  *LOVE* it!

also was a snack from the oldest pistachio shelling company, a cajun snack mix.  its in the general pic but my children have walked off with it.  the taste i got was YUMMY!!!  ok, gotta end the post so i can get more....

thank you again Sweetyetevil!!!
-P
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZidishaLuxe
She's So Unusual

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011 08:02:53 PM »

That liberty bell coin purse is the coolest thing ever!  I also really love that mechanical museum shirt!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mintdawn
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011 08:50:25 PM »

honest to god this girl sent me 4 things of sweets, 2 things of corn puffs and 2 things of cherry chocolate cookies, but i was locked up at work for 13 hrs today and my boyfriend, Mantis, dropped off the mail to me at work. but of course he opened it first and found the sweets. he took half and left me half and by the end of the night...there were like none! well dang. but they were good. the girls at work wanted the recipes printed out so i gave it to them. they thought they were real good. she also sent a cool tshirt from hell...literally from Hell, MI. its got a devil tail on the back. she sent postcards and literature about lancaster where she, mary colleen, lives. i really enjoyed this swap it was good eating. a real diet buster. seriously but at least we only had to worry about messing up for one day  Tongue. thank you so much mary colleen i really appreciate it.

here's a peek at what she sent:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011 04:34:48 AM »

i recieved my package from imafundork thankies

I got a knit dishcloth, a necklace with little shells inside (oh so tiny), a star fish, post card, pin a card with real art work (not a print) and a tee.

thanks again
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaryColleen
Lover of all things crafty

This Princess Rescues Herself!

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011 07:47:37 PM »

honest to god this girl sent me 4 things of sweets, 2 things of corn puffs and 2 things of cherry chocolate cookies,

Dawn - I am so glad the treats made it.  I am completely addicted to the caramel corn puffs and was trying to figure out how to make them fit the challenge when a friend of mine pointed out that the corn puffs are made by Better Made which is a Michigan company.  I just learned how to make it and have made like 6 batches since Labor Day.  It is the easiest treat to make and can be made a day or so before you need it - my problem is if I make it early, I eat it!

I'm also glad you liked your shirt, Hell is a very cool little tourist spot that only has an Ice Cream Shop (Screams), a store, a bar, and a chapel that holds 6 people that you can actually get married in.  There is a mini-golf course behind Screams, if you or anyone reading this, are ever in the Pinkney area - I highly recommend stopping and checking it out, it is all done with a great sense of humor and the ice cream toppings are served out of a coffin!  Like I said unique  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My basement is finally finished - Craft room on one side, Bar on the other side.  Why would I ever want to come back upstairs?

www.wists.com/marycolleen
pinterest.com/mcolleenford
ZidishaLuxe
She's So Unusual

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011 10:21:16 AM »

I received from pinkleo today! She got me this cute tee:

And made me a really pretty charm bracelet with a bunch of Texas-y things like the Longhorns logo, a horseshoe, boots with spurs, a lone star, etc.! I love it! She also threw in some yummy sounding texas recipes and some mini playing cards.

Thank you!! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Is Crochet
Crochet for Beginners: Turning
Crochet for Beginners: Posture and Hand Position
Crochet for Beginners: Triple Crochet Stitch
Crochet for Beginners: Single Crochet Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...