A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wall Art Swap 4 Gallery!  (Read 1789 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mouseatethekitty
« on: September 04, 2011 07:08:22 AM »

Post your awesome art here!

Link to the original page: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=387962.msg4591139#msg4591139

Participants!:
1. Mouseatethekitty
2. PureDeadBrill
3.tapestrymlp
4. jmiller614

Partners!
Sent
Received
Sending late with communication
Please contact organizer

tapestrymlp ->jmiller614
jmiller614  -> tapestrymlp
PureDeadBrill -> mouseatethekitty
mouseatethekitty -> PureDeadBrill
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011 09:17:29 AM by mouseatethekitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tapestrymlp
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~Tapestry~

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011 12:48:29 PM »

Wahooo, I get to start the gallery Cheesy And we pretty artwork too! I got not one, but two gorgeous paintings:

It's a silhouette of Hogwarts! Soooo pretty. This picture does not do it justice. What's that odd scrolly stuff in the sky you say? Oh, just a wee bit of brilliance, here have a closer look:

Quotes from the HP series! Awesome! Some of my favorites are in there. Utterly brilliant and original. I love, love, love, love this piece. Seriously did I mention how much I love it?

Now for piece number two. I'm a HUGE fan of Kelly Vivanco. Her art is just so amazing and I adore her whimsical style. You can see pics of her work here http://www.kellyvivanco.com. Discovering my love for all things KV Jennifer painted a cute little wood panel  in Kelly's style:

I love the detail on it!

Thank you so much for both of the pieces you sent me! I feel very spoiled and I hope you love the package I sent you just as much!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011 12:50:06 PM by tapestrymlp » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
mouseatethekitty
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011 09:27:40 AM »

Oh my gosh! That is so beautiful! Funny thing is my first impression was Hogwarts! But I thought nahhhh I'm being too much of a nerd right now HP has totally taken over my brain, and it was!!! The colors are beautiful! What wonderful pieces of art! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jmiller614
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011 08:21:06 AM »

I received from tapestrymlp!

Look how great it looks! I love the three piece art and I have been looking into it myself. But I have always been afraid to mess up three canvases instead of just one. This came out beautiful though. And the colors are just enough to brighten my room without screaming at me. I really think it came out so well with all the color shading on the butterfly. I could keep going. I love it. Thank you so much!

I need to find a proper home for this guy now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tapestrymlp
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~Tapestry~

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011 08:46:45 AM »

Yay! So glad the painting made it there safely and that you like it Cheesy I've been obsessed with multi-canvas art for a while and this seemed like a good excuse to try the technique. So fun! I forget the name of the butterfly species but it's a native Australian species I believe. It was hard letting that painting go, LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011 09:49:23 AM »

oh, jmiller!  So pretty!!!!  I wants to go to tapestrymlp's house and steal it!  ^_^  I love the swirly words, too!  So creative!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
PureDeadBrill
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011 11:58:16 AM »

i just found the gallery - everything is beatiful!
i'm on my way to send mine now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mouseatethekitty
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011 05:45:09 AM »

I sent mine out, hopefully it'll be there by the weekend Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mouseatethekitty
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011 06:31:57 AM »

PureDeadBrill received! I'm going to post pictures however I'm not sure if they are close to their real color or not I didn't edit them before I sent them out. I did two pieces, a mushroom and a tree.

I tried to keep this as a doodle, tried to incorporate mushrooms that I saw on her wist and make it orange and brown to go along with her fav. colors buttttt it turned out more yellow than I expected when it was drying.

I had originally intended to make these flower circle things, on these 3 canvases. But I ended up making it a tree instead.
I made this with tissue paper, blue white and silver, a crapton of glitter glue, more tissue paper and a little paint for the tree. I'm a little worried it's too girly for PureDeadBrill's tastes but I tried :/

This is a close up of the branches and bark

Anyway I hope she enjoys it as much as I did making it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mouseatethekitty
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011 09:14:56 AM »

I received from PureDeadBrill! It looks wonderful! Inspired by something straight off my wist!! Thank you PureDeadBrill for such a great piece!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Healthy Shirataki Noodles
Sushi Push-Pops to Be the Next Big Thing
How to Make Perfect Tamanishiki Rice
How to Prepare Vegetarian Sushi
2012 Vendy Awards Finalist: Xin Jiang Prosperity Kebabs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...