A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,689
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lacking closure [Edit - Pics added]  (Read 989 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PeachieClean
« on: September 04, 2011 01:35:56 AM »

So, I recently made a small chainmaille wristlet.  It's just big enough for my ID, some cash and whatever change I may get for days that my purse is just too much.  My problem is, I don't have any zippers thin enough to fit the project.  Like, my doll clothes zippers are too wide for this baby.  Since the plan since I started it (Over a month ago, wow!) was to use a zipper, I am sort of at a loss for what to do.  I'd planned for this to be a fair/party/concert type deal, so I need it to be secure and hold everything in.  I'm less worried about change falling out than losing my ID or cash, but I'd still like something fairly secure.  Also: With the rings I'm using, a flap doesn't seem to be plausible, the rings are too tight to fold over.  I'll add pics when I get them, but any ideas?

[Edit - Pics!  Clickable thumbnails.]

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011 12:30:20 PM by PeachieClean » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My boyfriend is holding a Pokemon themed contest.  Interested?  http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.359328020778498.82645.352681428109824&type=1
texscrapper
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011 11:22:47 AM »

What about a strip magnet? Not sure since I haven't seen the wristlet, but that might keep it secure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PeachieClean
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011 12:18:56 PM »

The problem with that it's *just* big enough to fit my ID + cash.   The ID is maybe a few cm from the edge of the purse.  I made it small because when I go to fairs/festivals I don't want to walk around with a purse that weighs a few pounds empty.  I'll be getting pictures up within the hour, I just need to find my camera and take them. Haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My boyfriend is holding a Pokemon themed contest.  Interested?  http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.359328020778498.82645.352681428109824&type=1
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011 08:06:31 AM »

The only thing I can think of, since there is absolutely no room for anything else, is to close it with a button and stretchy loop. You can force an elastic string through the chain mail, tie the ends together on the inside, sew a metalic button on the front and the loop will then secure the top. I personally wouldn't want my credit cards rubbing against chain mail for any period of time. I would've made a lining.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PeachieClean
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011 01:51:26 PM »

I don't carry credit cards, closest I come is my debit card which I only use for online things.  Most fairs that I've been to only take cash.  Some are nice enough to have ATMs but most aren't so I always carry cash, and since this is mostly for fairs and festivals I didn't think I'd need to worry about it.  The only card in it would be my ID, which has stood up well enough to being owned by me, I don't think a bit of maille will hurt it much.  I've actually managed to get a flap started (It'll take a while to finish since my hands are hating me today) and I've got a button on it.  I plan to make a loop of JPL (The same chain the wrist part is made of) to go around the button.  It's taking on a considerably different look, but I like it so far.  Thanks for the ideas though, and if I ever make one that will be holding cards I'll be sure to line it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 6/9
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 2/9
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 5/9
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 9/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 9/9
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Dress
Wonderful Washi
Meatless Monday: Aubergine, Tomato and Goat Cheese Bake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...