A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,164
Currently Running With Scissors:
385 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: SEPTEMBER GRANNY-A-DAY 09/01-09/30.11  (Read 6466 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2011 09:02:32 AM »

SEPTEMBER GRANNY-A-DAY

This is basically a motivation crochetalong. If you want to work on a granny square, motif, one huge granny square blanket, this is a great way to set aside time everyday to get some serious work completed in an attainable amount of time.

People have come up with some really neat uses for grannys too! Different bags and blankets, shopping sack holder, slippers, scarves, a nifty pullover etc. I have made 7" grannys and after a month I have 30 squares that make a perfect size throw blanket.

If you are intrested and would like to join we would love to see your work! Post pics of progress and then at the end of the month post a pic of al that you accomplished! It would be great if everyone could post progress weekly (but not required). At the end of the month we can piece together our work and show off our afghans and Inga bags and whatever else you can come up with to make with nifty grannies! (Must post a completed project or progress pic in this thread.)

You can find many of the other threads in the crochet-a-long section to see how we have done it before!

granny square links:
bevs country cottage
crochet cabana

Picture Credit: Me! I know its not a traditional granny but I thought it was awful cute and we accept all sorts of work in this crochet-a-long!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 02:08:10 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissThing
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011 11:07:22 AM »

OMG what a massive coincidence amd perfect timing. i actually go out my crochet stuff this afternnoon and decided its time i crochet myself a blanket hopefully ready for the cold winter months coming ahead, i'm a real beginner at crochet and taught myself a few stitches from a library book so i have no idea how this is going to turn out but i'd love to crochet along with you *skips off to grab my crochet stuff and a pattern all excited*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful; or believe to be beautiful" William Morris

http://pinterest.com/icanhasdreamz/
http://www.wists.com/ICanHasDreamz
BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011 02:39:05 PM »

Welcome! Can't wait to see what you make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011 08:19:58 AM »

WhooHoo! Another month of granny goodness!  I'm working on granny stripe afghans this month!  Can't wait to see some update pics from fellow granny stitchers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BennuBird

I kissed a seal and I liked it.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011 07:51:57 AM »

Hello September and granny lovers!

Back from our Vermont trip and I made sure to stimulate the economy by buying as much as I could Wink as well as make a few grannys during the down time. Here is the Eight Color throw by Lion Brand I started, with a few color changes, and two of the balls of chunky yarn I loved and had to have from a cool yarn store in Montpelier.

Last months granny is almost done, only eight more half grannys to go, but I will wait for the completed project to get a new pic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cranberrry2001
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011 05:59:30 PM »

so fun! Wish I'd seen this earlier, I'm in the middle of working on a boys baby blanket with granny squares... I posted the girls version tonight kind of a long story how I came to work on them (feel free to read about it here - > http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=390192.msg4619419#msg4619419) but i can appreciate waht you are doing and love the pics so far Smiley some people have great ideas for color varieties when it come to granny squares Smiley I love it!

OH! And if you want a few options of how to connect the squares this blog was an excellent source Smiley http://thecraftytortoise.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-ways-to-join-granny-squares.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KismetFyrechyld
That Crazy Redhead

Crochet, Chainmail, Amtgard, Theatre-I do that.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011 03:14:26 PM »

Hey gang! I'm back in this month, and working on an entirely new project. I'm making at least one granny blanket (hopefully two, but I'm going to try to keep my enthusiasm reasonable... that way I'm not disappointed if I can't get the second one done by the end of the month!) to send to the Austin, Tx area.
There is a group of quilters working on a quilt drive for all of the kids who have lost their homes in the fires this month, and I want to join in... but my sewing skills are on the shaky side, so I figured I'd go with what I know, and that is YARN!
I'm waiting on a response from the quilting groups as far as whether they will distribute other blankets as well, or just quilts. BUT, I have an aunt in Dripping Springs who is willing to take anything I send her to the Austin Red Cross for distribution. So either way, what gets made will get to displaced residents.
I started on my lunch break today, and I have two nine and a half inch squares done, and one more at the halfway mark. They're wanting the finished blankets to be at least 45" x 60", so I've got quite a bit more work to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I started making chain mail jewelry in June 2011, and started my own company, Incendia Designs, in August 2011. I also crochet, act, sew (a little) and am enjoying being a newlywed!
MissThing
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011 12:22:47 PM »

hiya all, how are you getting on? i made a big booboo with my squares lol, had to unpick three and start again. i've decided to make my squares into a cushion as i dont have the patience or skill for a ull blanket yet lol. i cant decide weather to  do granny squares front and back or to give it a solid crochet back  any ways i'll uploads some picts of my squares so far later in the week Cheesy (once i've redone the ones i messed up lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful; or believe to be beautiful" William Morris

http://pinterest.com/icanhasdreamz/
http://www.wists.com/ICanHasDreamz
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011 01:23:10 PM »

I got tired of my current projects last night, and made 8 more granny squares, and a few more started. I have a craft fair coming up (beginning of November), and i'm mostly just focusing on stuff for that right now. The granny squares are for when i can't look at my other projects for another second. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011 07:30:10 PM »

I've got an Inga bag that needs 10 little grannies made for it and then stitched together...but I've been clicking away on granny stripe monster afghans...one in rug yarn.  I've done all I can until I scrounge up some more second hand to get the length I need for it.
The other is a greens/white afghan I've been working on for some time...it's been waiting for me get R done!!

Nice to hear from peeps and what everyone is doing!! I'll add pics shortly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
When Fashion Attacks: Doutzen Kroes
The Shape of the Season for Fall 2012
Behind-the-Scenes with Tommy Ton: Chic in the Street
All Eyes on Penelope Cruz
Behind the Scenes: Gwen Stefani
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...