A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
541 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: September 2011 Birthday Swap  (Read 6228 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011 01:10:41 PM »

Hello Smiley

My name's Alison, and I'm back to my roots in Oregon (aka I was born here but lived in WA all my life but now I'm living in Oregon because I go to college in Portland). I'll be 19 on September 25th. I'm pretty easy to please, and I'd love to receive just about anything. The only thing I ask is that if you smoke, please don't smoke around the crafty goods and if you go for a smoke break, please wash your hands before returning to craft. I have a bit of an allergy to stuff in certain tobacco products, and the smell makes me feel kinda sick.

I love red, blue, green, purple, teal, rainbows, etc. I'm not a huge fan of pink, but some pinks can be okay.

----------

Crafted items I'd like:

Fleece hat with kitty ears Thank you Gawd! Cheesy
Tiny top hat <3
Leg warmers
Knitted fishnets like http://pinterest.com/pin/18912615/ (Borrowed the link from hgddm)
Steampunk goodies. I'd especially love arm warmers, a hat, or goodies like these: http://image2.etsy.com/il_430xN.22502234.jpg , http://www.steampunkjewelry.ffxoh.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Green-Steampunk-Scarab-Necklace1.jpg , http://www.polymertutorials.com/images/tutorial-steampunk-heart.jpg , http://cache.wists.com/thumbnails/d/81/d81fbb1a4040920954959be47e18ae25-med (Big wish!) , http://morporc.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/3473606079_1deee5fbe4.jpg , http://www.etsy.com/listing/72194979/darkwear-brown-unisex-steampunk-double?ref=sr_gallery_18&ga_search_query=steampunk+bag&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
Arm warmers Smiley
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle goodies (I have a Raphael hat)
Gypsy ANYTHING. Cheesy Thank you mandykaye! I'm just gonna put this here cuz you said gypsy and/or belly dancer stuffs and so I don't really know which to cross off. I'm so excited! ^_^
Belly dancer stuffs <3
McLintock amigurumi (McLintock is an old movie, John Wayne played G.W. McLintock in it <3 )
I would really really REALLY love a Madea shirt. Especially if it also had a Madea saying.
Knitted goodies
Anything related to The Godfather (Part 1 preferably) ((Yes, the amazing old gangster movie))
Cthulhu related goods.
Nifty bleached shirts
Hair accessories
Tree of life pendant
Warm fall/winter clothing. Portland gets cold quickly! I promise I'm tiny! D:
Big wish: Rainbow circular skirt!
Fingerless gloves/mits, would especially love them to have those little Russian nesting dolls on them Cheesy If they have actual mitten bits that hook on, that's very okay too! That will be useful.
Wall art in gypsy themes or Pagan themes or Tarot inspired. I have a woodburned hamsa and a woodburned piece based off a tarot card with my name on it and a pentacle. I have some tarot cards from the tarot swap that fit the gypsy theme, and they're on the wall. I'd really love a gypsy caravan.
Halloween pretties and goodies for decorating for October <3
Yoga mat
Stuff for Yule. I have a Yule stocking, but I wouldn't mind adding a Yule boot.
Things with the evil eye on it
One of those cute hats that has an animal face on it and has the super long ear thingies or paw thingies (Depending on the animal) that double as gloves. Cheesy http://s9.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/941BB847.jpg I'd like a bear like the brown one in the picture, a panda, a pink and black bunny (This is one of those items that is an exception to the minimal pink rule as long as there's a lot of black too. I have a lot of black clothing, and this would look reaaaaally cute with it!!!), and/or a fox Cheesy Oh! and/or a red panda!! <3 <3 <3

Supplies I'd like:
Niobium wire
Titanium wire
Round nose pliers
Jump rings
Toggle clasps
Necklace clasps

Extras:
Foreign candies, especially Japanese
Probably an odd thing to add, but if you found a Hookah at like a thrift shop or something, I would love it. I don't smoke, but I reaaaaaally want a hookah for a decoration piece. (My bedroom has a something of a gypsy theme to it, and I'm kind of heading for that middle east look a bit as well. A hookah for this would be nifty!) Wait... Is it even okay for me to add this on here? o_O If it's not I'll take it off!
Tazo tea, especially Tazo chai tea. ((I am desperately in love with Tazo chai tea lattes haha))
Anything you'd want to add.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011 09:15:31 PM by Fullmoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
mandykaye
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011 05:07:10 PM »

Hi! My name is Mandy and I will be 33 on the 17th. I stopped actually counting my age a while back so I actually forget sometimes how old I am lol! I live in rural central Michigan in a big ole farmhouse with lots of flowers, trees, and shrubs! I love trees, rocks and anything nature inspired! I live with my husband of 5 years and 2 dogs and 4 cats! As far as my birthday wish list, I am really pretty open to your interpretation of things! I like lots of color, glitter and fun prints! (I do not really like geometric stuff though Sad )  Just have fun with whatever and I will love it! If I had to give certain styles that I like, I would have to say rustic, folk country, and whimsical!

OK.....
I would love a surprise inspired by my wists (see signature)

Crafted items:

~scoodie! (a mixture of colors)
~knitted long mittens
~stenciled or applique t-shirt (size 2x)
~non-frills apron with pocket (for crafting or gardening)
~needle book
~pin cushion
~hoopla!
~milk soap
~soap saver
~wall clock
~funky wind chimes (Thanks hgddm!)
~Halloween inspired items!(Thanks rainbowsewist!)
~small fairy/gnome house
~silver-tone ear cuff (for left ear)
~any kind of glass or mosaic item
~2+ year wall calendar (themes: astrology, pagan, recipes, advice, inspirational quotes)
~baking mix in a jar

Supplies (doesn't have to be new!):

~watercolor paper
~poly clay and tools Thanks rainbowsewist!
~whimsies
~glittery or verigaited thread
~fun patterened pieces of material
~ribbon Thanks hgddm!
~paper punch (any shape)
~fun cookie cutters
~cake/cookie sprinkles

Extras:
chocolate Wink
anything from your home town!
rocks & crystals
anything else you want to add Wink

Thank you for checking out my list!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011 07:05:55 AM by mandykaye » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LauraLynn125
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011 09:42:11 PM »

Hiya fellow September babies!
I'm Laura and on the 27th I will be 21! Woohoo!!! I live in San Diego with my dad and am currently going to school for Art History and English. I'm not really sure what to include in this list, but I'm gonna give it a shot!

Two of my favorite things are Art and Doctor Who. Audrey Hepburn is my favorite actress and Breakfast at Tiffany's is my favorite movie. I adore Zombies and love girly, flower prints. My favorite city is Paris, which I hope to visit again someday soon.
Honestly, any of these themes would be amazing!

Crafted things:
-Anything inspired by the themes above
-Jayne hat (from Firefly)
-Netbook case
-Slouch hat (blue or green) Thank you TroubleT!!!
-A journal (preferably one like River's from Doctor Who)
-Amigurumi Thank you spookygrrrly!!!
-One of these http://www.etsy.com/listing/80083041/dr-who-inspired-river-song-prayer-leaf
-Messenger bed
-Infinite Scarf
-Dream Catcher
-A medium sized yarn bag
-K-9 pillow pet (Again, from Doctor Who)
-Doctor Who nesting dolls
-Art inspired by any of the themes

Supplies:
-I don't really have any specific wants here, but if you have anything you don't want/need anymore, I'm sure I can figure out something to do with it :-)

Extras:
Candies-I really like Twix, Reeses, Goobers, Butterfingers, Dark Chocolate
but I really love
TEA! (Especially Tazo, any flavor, but Green Tea Zen is my fav)
-Pressed Pennies
-Sour Gummy Worms (so yummy!)
-Any thing else you think would be cool, like area-specific items or random funny little things

Thank you so much for considering me!!!

xoLaura
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011 06:09:53 AM by LauraLynn125 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty gurll
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011 02:19:03 PM »

Hi, I'm Chris(crafty gurll) and will be turning 36 at the end of the month.  Wish it was 26, but whatever.   Wink  I recently opened by own 100% handmade store so have not had too much time to myself, let alone for swapping!  I have a husband, son and 2 dogs that I absolutely adore.  Making pottery and fusing glass are my crafts of choice, but I dabble in embroidery, sewing, mosaics, jewelry...the list goes on.  Can't wait to make some claims, I have been reading over everyone's lists while waiting for approval.   So Happy Birthday everyone and thanks TroubleT for organizing.  Cheesy

Crafted Wants:
1.  Cold/hot process soap(I do MP sometimes.)Any scent, I'm not too picky.  I just love handmade soaps so much!

2.  Wristlet purse, small, around 8 x 6, zippered.  Love funky fabrics!

3.  Anything sugar skull related, my bathroom is Mexican Kitsch!  Thanks hgddm!

4.  Bracelets/Cuffs(7 inch wrist)  

5.  Cool potholders for the kitchen(I had skull ones but my puppy chewed them up.)

6.  Funky hand towels for the bathroom(grey and burgundy are main colors.)

7.  Tree/bird related wall art.

8.  Any kind of birthday suprise.   Cheesy

I have ideas for everything on my wists(wists.com/craftygurl) or my pinterest(think it's under my full name, Christin Dillon Sorensen.)

Supplies:

1.  E6000.  Love it, use it daily.   Cheesy

2.  Any kind of tile for mosaics.

3.  Chunky handmade yarn would be amazing!

4.  Scrapbook paper.  I don't scrapbook but I use it to make glass tile/domino pendants.

5.  Jewelry findings...ring blanks, jump rings and clasps especially.  Thinner chain is always wonderful too.

6.  Wooden embroidery hoops(nothing fancy, I like to embroider hoops or just do groupings of funky fabric inside.)

Can't really think of any extras.  I am trying not to eat too much candy, and I'm not a coffee drinker.

So, there's my list.  Thanks for reading and have a great birthday month!   Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011 06:30:20 PM by crafty gurll » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spookygrrrly

glitter glue addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011 05:29:07 PM »

Hi! My name is April and my birthday is today, Sept 14th, and I turned 37. I live just outside of Seattle, Washington with my daughter, boyfriend, my boyfriends son, and our two cats. I am a college student studying electrical engineering, so I'm pretty busy once school is in session. I'm about half way through though whoo hoo! My favorite holiday is Halloween, I love horror movies and spooky things, vintage/traditional orange and black Halloween stuff is my favorite. I also enjoy art journaling, knitting, embroidery, shrinky jewelry, and quilting.

Themes I love are: tarot, robots, circus, vintage, spooky, Wicca, zombies, horror, alice in wonderland, pin up, psychobilly, vintage sci-fi, owls, fairy tales, nesting dolls...plus I have a pintrest and wist lists on my profile for more ideas.

Happy Birthday everyone!

Crafted ideas:

- mug rug
- unpaper towels
- dish clothes
- a hoop for my hoopla wall
- pot holder
- a full moon tree pendant
- a tree of life pendant
- a halloween chunky house
- a journal (handmade or altered)
- needlebook
- surprise me!

Supply ideas:

- travel set of watercolor paints (like this: http://www.dickblick.com/products/sakura-koi-watercolor-sketch-box-sets/)
- watercolor paper
- fat quarters (cotton)
- ephemera
- whimsies
- buttons
- ribbon
- paint brushes
- poly clay
- dollhouse items (My 6 year old and myself are making dollhouses. Hers is a cottage and mine is a haunted victorian mansion)
-

Extras:
-Tea
- Gummy candies
- anything that is specific to just your area
- surprise me!

Thanks for looking at my list! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gawd
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011 11:48:13 AM »

Hello everyone. Cheesy
My name's Robyn and I'm turing 20 (nooooo...) on September 23rd. I'm currently living in the High Desert in California, otheriwse known as "that place you stop at on your way to Las Vegas". I'm here getting my first two years of college done and I will be finished by next month! Woooo, too bad I have absolutely NO major I've decided on...
I am a lover of all things creepy and cute, black cats, fashion design, and things that smell good.
I love Fall, it reminds me of pumpkin scented things and Halloween. I'm super excited that my birthday is on the first day of Fall again this year. And Skeletons! I have skeletons stuffed into every nook and cranny in my room but there's always a spot for more. <3
My favorite color is black, and I also love gray, dark blue and plum (is that a color?). I don't care for any real bright colors.

Crafty Items

- Skeletons. Skeletons skeletons skeletons. I love them. Skeleton themed anything!
- Anything Halloween related, specifically jack-o-laterns, ghost, and black cats. Cheesy
- Amigurami. Suprise me?
- Anything with polka dots!  
- Spiffy mugs, even if they're just for decoration. I want a Frankenstien one, hehe.
- A scarf of some sort. I just have a strip of fabric I use as one since they only have plain ones at the stores and I am a poor knitter. Thank you TroubleT! Cheesy
- Homemade candles, or perfumes. <3 (I'm not a huge fan of vanilla).
- Something to put my tea bags in. They're scattered in all sorts of boxes and bags in the pantry. :C
- I love those fake potion bottles, or...witch suplies? http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21800000/potions-magical-things-21855280-800-600.jpg
- An altered or homemade journal.
- Skelton hand gloves.
- A sewing machine cover. (Husqvvarna Viking, Desinger 1)
- Umm, a surprise! Thanks again TroubleT.  Grin

Craft Supplies
- Fabric! (Halloween themed would be nice.)

Extras
- Teeeea!
- Hot apple cider mix, or hot chocolate.
- Candy, but chocolate is a bad idea since it's melting even inside my house.
- Non-homemade candles and other smelly good things.
- Anything you'd like to add.

Thank you for considering me, and happy birthday everyone! :3
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011 01:11:25 AM by Gawd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Exhumed

"Someday is not a day of the week".
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011 03:35:25 AM »

Birthday Swappers
Averia FOC - Sept 22 -(0,1,2) - receiving 1 gift
v3nu5 FOC - Sept 30 -(0,1,1) - receiving 2 gifts
MissingWillow FOC - Sept 6 -(0,0,2) - receiving 1 gift
StickerChic87 FOC - Sept 24 -(0,0,1) - receiving 3 gifts
hgddm FOC - Sept 19 -(0,0,3) - receiving 2 gifts
rainbowsewist FOC - Sept 13 - (1,0,0) - receiving 2 gifts
Rikaheart FOC - Sept 9 - (0,1,1) - receiving 1 gift
littlebluegirl FOC - Sept 5 - (0,1,1) - receiving 2 gifts
LauraLynn125 - Sept 27 - (0,1,0) - receiving 1 gift
Fullmoon FOC - Sept 25 -(0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
mandykaye FOC - Sept 17 - (0,0,2) - receiving 2 gifts
crafty gurll - Sept 30 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
spookygrrly FOC - Sept 14 -(1,0,0) - receiving 1 gift
Gawd FIRST TIME SWAPPER!  Smiley- Sept 23 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift

Non Birthday Swappers
TroubleT -(0,0,2)

Claims

Sent
Received
Sending late w/ communication

Contact Organizer ASAP

Send by Sept 15
hgddm > MissingWillow for something with sheep on it
v3nu5 > StickerChic87 for Zippered pouch, candies and a small surprize

Sept 16
MissingWillow > v2nu5 for soap, candles and a few supply goodies
Rikaheart > StickerChic87 for Buttons, Felt Sheets, embellishments
Averia > hgddm for carved stamps

Sept 17
littlebluegirl > hgddm for a knit/crochet surprise
MissingWillow > StickerChic87 for a towel backed dish drying mat
Fullmooon > v3nu5 for jewelry

Sept 18
mandykaye > Averia for a surprise from her pinterests

Sept 19
LauraLynn125 > littlebluegirl for a Pompom scarf
rainbowsewist > mandykaye for halloween goodies and poly clay stuffs

Sept 20
Rikaheart > rainbowsewist for jewelry = Beads and Charms
hgddm > Mandykaye for funky wind chimes and also some ribbon
Averia > RikaHeart for some handmade stamps and card making supplies
Stickerchic87 > MissingWillow for some mittens

Sept 22

TroubleT > lauralynn125 for a slouch hat

Sept 23
hgddm > crafty gurll for some Mexican Kitsch
crafty gurll > rainbowsewist for a Small Craft Kit, Small Bag of Whimsy, and Weird Embroidery Patterns

Sept 25
mandykaye > Fullmoon for gypsy and/or bellydancer items

Sept 26
littlebluegirl > Averia for a whimsy jar and bookmark

Sept 29
v3nu5 > Spookygrly for a wisty surprise and a needle book
Gawd > Fullmoon for the "Fleece hat with kitty ears

Sept 30

Spookygrrrly > LauraLynn125 for an Amigurumi
TroubleT > Gawd for a scarf thing and a surprise

Oct. 2
Averia > littlebluegirl for a coiled fabric bowl

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Unremarried Widow by Artis Henderson
Neal Shusterman: What Are You Reading?
True-Crime Writer Carla Norton on Her Fiction Work
Jeanette Walls: What Are You Reading?
Author Explains Why We Should Rip Up Our Dating Wish Lists
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...