A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
756 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: September 2011 Birthday Swap  (Read 5930 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: September 01, 2011 02:11:40 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

I reserve the right to deny participation to anyone who has a history of late sending or poor communication. This is a BIRTHDAY swap. No one should be flaked on on their birthday.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. NO,REALLY!

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM.

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=389701.0

Swap name: September 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: TroubleT
Craftster member who is coorganizing:
Sign-up date range: September 1-30
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
 This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap.
However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap.
A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month.
To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread:

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive.
This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists, etsy favorites, etc. is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=389701.0  Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out).
New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.
 It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.
 Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster
.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.
 It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me and TroubleT by your send-out date.
 If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put Sept Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me (TroubleT) when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your PMs like this:  
Format for PMs:
Proper label:
"Sept. Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by September 14
kaz814 to TroubleT -- pretty purse

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~

http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST

It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items

--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen

--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.

--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):

Name of swap: September 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap, you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=389701.0 Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap- September 2011 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates:

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds

June 2011 Birthday List
June 2011 Swap Discussion and Gallery
July 2011 Birthday List
July 2011 Swap Discussion and Gallery
August 2011 Birthday List
August 2011 Swap Discussin and Gallery
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011 10:36:34 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011 08:29:02 AM »

Birthday Swappers
Averia FOC - Sept 22 -(0,1,2) - receiving 1 gift
v3nu5 FOC - Sept 30 -(0,0,2) - receiving 2 gifts
MissingWillow FOC - Sept 6 -(0,0,2) - receiving 1 gift
StickerChic87 FOC - Sept 24 -(0,0,1) - receiving 3 gifts
hgddm FOC - Sept 19 -(0,0,3) - receiving 2 gifts
rainbowsewist FOC - Sept 13 - (1,0,0) - receiving 2 gifts
Rikaheart FOC - Sept 9 - (0,1,1) - receiving 1 gift
littlebluegirl FOC - Sept 5 - (0,0,2) - receiving 2 gifts
LauraLynn125 - Sept 27 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
Fullmoon FOC - Sept 25 -(0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
mandykaye FOC - Sept 17 - (0,0,2) - receiving 2 gifts
crafty gurll - Sept 30 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
spookygrrrly FOC - Sept 14 -(0,1,0) - receiving 1 gift
Gawd FIRST TIME SWAPPER!  Smiley- Sept 23 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift

Non Birthday Swappers
TroubleT -(0,0,2)

Claims

Sent
Received
Sending late w/ communication

Contact Organizer ASAP

Send by Sept 15
hgddm > MissingWillow for something with sheep on it
v3nu5 > StickerChic87 for Zippered pouch, candies and a small surprize

Sept 16
MissingWillow > v2nu5 for soap, candles and a few supply goodies
Rikaheart > StickerChic87 for Buttons, Felt Sheets, embellishments
Averia > hgddm for carved stamps

Sept 17
littlebluegirl > hgddm for a knit/crochet surprise
MissingWillow > StickerChic87 for a towel backed dish drying mat
Fullmooon > v3nu5 for jewelry

Sept 18
mandykaye > Averia for a surprise from her pinterests

Sept 19
LauraLynn125 > littlebluegirl for a Pompom scarf
rainbowsewist > mandykaye for halloween goodies and poly clay stuffs AVERIA is angeling!

Sept 20
Rikaheart > rainbowsewist for jewelry = Beads and Charms
hgddm > Mandykaye for funky wind chimes and also some ribbon
Averia > RikaHeart for some handmade stamps and card making supplies
Stickerchic87 > MissingWillow for some mittens

Sept 22

TroubleT > lauralynn125 for a slouch hat

Sept 23
hgddm > crafty gurll for some Mexican Kitsch
crafty gurll > rainbowsewist for a Small Craft Kit, Small Bag of Whimsy, and Weird Embroidery Patterns

Sept 25
mandykaye > Fullmoon for gypsy and/or bellydancer items

Sept 26
littlebluegirl > Averia for a whimsy jar and bookmark

Sept 29
v3nu5 > Spookygrly for a wisty surprise and a needle book
Gawd > Fullmoon for the "Fleece hat with kitty ears

Sept 30

Spookygrrrly > LauraLynn125 for an Amigurumi
TroubleT > Gawd for a scarf thing and a surprise

Oct. 2
Averia > littlebluegirl for a coiled fabric bowl
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011 04:34:57 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011 08:46:47 AM »

My name is Vanessa, this year I will be 34. I live in Arizona, with my husband. We are "Big Kids" with no kids, but our furbabies make up for it. We love to play games inside or I craft to survive the heat, mostly online & PS3 & Wii. I would describe my styles as casual, creepy cute i guess. But I am a Jeans & tshirt kind of gal. I am easy to get along with and love to make things with my hands. I am a Libra to the core, so I'm all about balance Yin-Yang, and karma.  I love all sorts of music, anime, and comedy or action movies. I like mythical themes; Harry Potter, vampires, monsters, dragons, unicorns, trolls & elves. Also Scifi like Star Trek & Star Wars, I Love Yoda! My favorite holiday is fall/halloween & Thanksgiving. I have a small obsession with pumpkins. I love to cook, bake, read and to craft. I love Nightmare before Christmas, skulls, Disney movies & I adore Hello Kitty/Sanrio and SanX characters. I'm not a big pink girl, I don't like pastels too much. I like bold colors, and earthy tones. Plum purple and olive/jade greens are among my fav's.  My favorite themes, decorum is Oriental/Asian or technology/modern. *no allergies

CRAFTIES: You can see my wish list or wist for reference.
You can surprise me with something from my wish lists or wist.
Amigurumi's- I love tigers, pandas, hello kitty, video game related things & my doggies or see wist.
Jewelry/earring organizer. I like the picture framed ones or the plastic canvas type. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8_SKgoUkb4E/S86Oe2v6TjI/AAAAAAAABWU/_7N_r6ZEprM/s1600/Frames+done+2.jpg
Jewelry- anything really I love it all! Thank you Fullmoon! Looking forward to this. Smiley
Makeup/hygiene tote, or over night tote. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=305570.10
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=294722.0
A yarn craft bag. Something that isn't too big that I can carry around my current projects. http://iamsusie.blogspot.com/2007/04/hk-crochet-squares.html
A handmade wallet or purse organizer. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=295299.30
Home made lip balms or bath products. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=267450.0
Candles/soaps. Pumpkin/apple spice, pear, peach, honey, cucumber melon. Oh my. Thank You MissingWillow! <3
A cute hand sewn lunch bag. http://lilsprinkles.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/dsc_01601.jpg http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WTi95Bc1rKA/TMRomZB5Q3I/AAAAAAAACjc/QG1ks3vmYEk/s1600/DSC04624.JPG
Keepsake boxes like polymer covered tins. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=179157.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=287984.30
A handmade Journal or booklet. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=157213.20
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=354910.0
Needle rolls. Can't beleive I have never made one for my self.
Anything Hello Kitty or TarePanda
Tea wallet, or a small zipper pouch for my sugar packets and teas.
Any warm clothing I can use or wear for the upcoming fall/winter weather.
Wall hanging of anything I like, or cross stitch that can be displayed.
Poppet. ~ !Giant Wish!

Supplies: *Also see my wists if ya like.
Soap making books, crochet/knitting or ANY crafting magazines.
Polymer clay and supplies.
Beads, charms and BEADS!
Any Fabric that is vintage, Hello Kitty or kawaii style.
Fat quarters or fabric scraps for quilt.Thank you MissingWillow- they are pretty.
Oh zippers! Any color, any sizes. Thank you MissingWillow- Fun zippers!
Resin, polymer, or soap molds.
Double pointed or circular knitting needles. Second hand/lovingly used preffered.
Ribbons! Any ribbon, shiny, small, holiday, scraps, any RIBBON!
EO or FO's for soaps, candles or body safe related crafts. Fresh or natural scents.
Scrapbooking papers, variety of patterns or solid colors.
Any yarn, any style and any color, but I do love the big fluffy kind, or hand spun.
Buttons- its a full on obsession.
A book, I would love to read something from my Shelfari wish list or anything you recommend that is a great read.
Small tins that can be covered; Altoids, vintage, cookie, card tins.

Extras:
Chocolate Anything!
Teas, I love Chamomile, Earl-Grey, or Green/Lemon.
Stickers, disney/hello kitty, Halloween or anything from my wists.
Note pads, or paper books for journal or swap organization.
Pencils/sketch pad, colored or charcoals.
I also love homemade cookies. ;P

See my profile for numerous sites of wish lists, wist or for inspiration.
Thank you in advanced! & Happy Birthday September Babies!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011 11:08:36 AM by v3nu5 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011 09:04:56 AM »

About Me: My name is Laura and I live in Maryland with my husband, 3 kids, a dog, a cat, a rabbit, 2 lizards (new additions) and frogs.

I love cross stitch and embroidery and I have a huge wall set aside for hoops. It has had many beautiful additions from swapping, but there is a ton of room left to fill.

I am a huge fan of Firefly/Serenity, steampunk, and the color blue in all shades. Most rooms in my house are white or beige with blue accents, my living room is pale green. I need some color. I'm trying to make our house feel something like a beach cottage (even tho we are about 30 minute drive from the Chesapeake bay) but the house has more of an overstuffed, cluttered, lived in feel.

Crafted Wishes:

~Any surprise inspired from my wists http://www.wists.com/averia or pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy

Sewn:
~Something cute to hold recycled grocery bags http://tipnut.com/grocery-bag-holders/
~Unpaper towels - with or without snaps. http://cottontailbabies.org/2011/01/unpaper-towel-tutorial/
~Messenger Bag - preferably black or brown
~table runner in any shades of blue
~Weighted thread catcher for my sewing table
~cat bed (any style, preferably in blues or beige/neutral colors)
~woven fabric basket like http://www.marmadaisy.com/2008/09/woven-basket-tutorial.html
~Steampunk hip belt with pockets like http://www.etsy.com/listing/72194979/darkwear-brown-unisex-steampunk-double?ref=sr_gallery_18&ga_search_query=steampunk+bag&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade but canvas instead of leather
~Dish soap apron - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=103032.0 maybe in blue? blue and white?
~pin cushion or other sewing room supplies
~tote bag

Knit/crochet
~knit scarf in charcoal grey - any pattern you like.
~knit bag in charcoal grey - maybe like http://www.cogknition.org/patterns/quinn/ but with an extra extra long strap
~Cotton knit dishtowels with blue stripe similar to http://www.purlbee.com/soft-cotton-knit-dishtowels/
~Lace collar like http://www.etsy.com/listing/63111298/black-lace-collar or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=361305.0
~Anything steampunkish
~Amigurmi - especially would love one from this set (already have blue) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=351953.msg4108509#msg4108509 or any one from my wist or pinterest

Jewelry
~Seaglass locket like http://www.etsy.com/listing/68547409/liberty-locket-seaglass-ss-chain?ref=sr_list_30&ga_search_submit=&ga_ref=auto&ga_search_query=beach+glass+jewelry&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
~Seaglass pendants like http://www.etsy.com/listing/58452628/blue-sea-glass?ref=sr_list_1&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=sea+glass+pendant&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade or http://www.etsy.com/listing/74687558/sky-blue-sea-glass-necklace?ref=sr_list_2&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=sea+glass+pendant&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
~Jasper and copper pendant like http://www.etsy.com/listing/72774553/double-trouble-mauve-and-copper-necklace?ref=sr_list_20&ga_ref=auto&ga_search_query=jasper+pendant&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
~pendant or ring stamped wtih '<3' preferably in silver or copper.
~Full moon tree of life pendant

Other crafts:
~Anything made out of firing cobalt blue wine bottles in a kiln
~hoopla art - especially steampunk, nautical or beach themed
~Birthday reminder wall hanging - something like http://pinterest.com/pin/70557247/
~homemade soap - especially fond of grapefruit scented or lavendar scented. Would love some popsicle shaped soap!!! (just to note, USA crafters only)
~Ribbon towels like http://www.jcarolinecreative.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=JC&Screen=RIBTOWELS
~bleach painted t-shirt (prefer XL fitted women's t's - any quotes from my pinterest would be loved, or something treeish or naturish)
~Decorated clothespin magnets http://veryjane.com/deal/32/clothes-pin-magnets-set-of-4
~Altered or fabric covered journal/book
~Handmade bookmarks, any media
~Hand made stamps
~Altered photo box to store crafting supplies
~Whimsy jar

Supplies: (i'm very happy to get leftovers, scraps, bits and used)

~fabric - Crystal Fusion designed by Karen Combs http://www.avlyn.com/collections/crystal-fusion_latest/
~fabric - Would especially love 2"x12" or larger cuts in any pattern/color for a scrappy quilt.
~bias tape - any color or width - scraps okay
~fabric button making kits in any sizes - leftovers are fine
~Tatting kit? I love tatted collars/necklaces.
~stencils for glass etching

Extras

~Punched paper bits in various shapes & patterns (would especially love cupcakes or butterflies)
~steampunky bits & bobs, skeleton keys, old fashioned typewriter keys, tiny odd shaped lightbulbs
~beach glass
~chocolate

THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING ME!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011 02:55:54 PM by Averia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011 06:36:46 PM »

Happy birthday, September babies!  My name is Connie and I'm a hobby farmer in the Blue Ridge mountains of SW Virginia.  My birthday is September 6th.  I'll continue to work on my list over time.  Thanks for considering me!

I'd love anything that features any of the breeds of animals we're raising.  You'll see photos of everyone on my farm life blog if you need reference.  We raise:
Texel sheep  Thanks so much, hgddm, and happy birthday!
Nubian goats
Oberhasli goats
Border collie
Karakachans
Bees
Sphynx cat

I love mixed media curios/shrines/altered art
Mittens!  Thanks StickerChic87, and happy birthday!
Decorated dark colored T shirt, XL
A ceramic piece
Something vintage Halloweeny to display
Halloween napkins or kitchen towels
Knitted socks  in a jewel tone color (my feet measure 9 inches)
Something with sheep on it
A nice sized tote bag
A knit hat in black and white
A slouchy winter hat
Something branded with our farm name on it.  Missing Willow Farm
A loaded charm bracelet
Nightmare Before Christmas or Angry Birds Christmas ornaments
Glow in the dark anything
A surprise   http://wists.com/missingwillow

Supplies I'd love to receive (and a supply package would be awesome):
Scribbles paint (any color)
Felt scraps
Bails
Reptile eyes
A ouija board
Silver colored charms
White or black Preemo polymer clay
Quilting cotton fabric scraps, especially Halloween or candy/snack motif, or scraps appropriate for an I Spy quilt.
Roving (any color)
Bento supplies
Ephemera
Patterns for small sewn items (pouches, wallets, etc.)
A rotary cutter
Halloween related supplies of any kind

Extras:
Veggie seeds saved from your garden  
Flavored coffee
Red licorice
Preloved D&D modules (check first, we may have them already!)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011 05:39:49 PM by MissingWillow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011 07:23:17 PM »

Hi! My name is Linsey and I'm going to be 25 this month! O.O I live in Southern California (originally from East Texas) where I'm working on my doctorate in English Lit and tutoring high school kids. In my spare time I love crafting (of course), playing World of Warcraft (for the Horde!) and watching true crime documentaries (like Snapped!).

I'm trying to get more into cooking rather than eating frozen food or take out--healthier and saves money! I love anything literature-related and also everyone's favorites like Firefly and Harry Potter. I love traveling, antique/thrift shopping, beach towns, and local/dive-y restaurants. And I'm obsessed with bat rays.

I love anything antiquey/nostalgic, steampunk, classic-literature related, lovely deep colors of purple, blue, red, green, and brown and there's a lot more info like this in my profile if you want to check it out! Thanks for considering me! Smiley

Crafty Wish List:

A birthday surprise!! Anything from my Pinterest is fair game, especially in the knitting/crochet board, since I'm completely incompetent in that area!
http://pinterest.com/hgddm/
Knit/crochet surprise--a gorgeous headband!! thanks, littlebluegirl!!

Harry Potter amigurumi (faves include Hermione, Harry, Hagrid, Neville, any odd magical critters, but I'll take anything!)

A minion amigurumi from Despicable Me! Like this one: http://pinterest.com/pin/123473682/
Or the fluffy unicorn: http://pinterest.com/pin/111901192/

Brain beanie: http://pinterest.com/pin/61182165/

Ice cream Conan amigurumi!!! http://pinterest.com/pin/18914805/

Knit fishnets: http://pinterest.com/pin/18912615/ or some kind of knit stockings like this, whatever pattern you like is fine. Here's another I like: http://pinterest.com/pin/58828403/

Any kind of jewelry involving pretty stones/glass or steampunk/watch parts theme! Like these: http://pinterest.com/pin/18822147/ or http://pinterest.com/pin/131732370/

A laptop bag! Any material, I'm not picky (just not in orange, please!). I like this cross-style folding one: http://pinterest.com/pin/18844595/

Headbands! Braided, fabric, sewn, embellished, whatever! Like these: http://pinterest.com/pin/118063615/ or this http://pinterest.com/pin/62735746/

Carved stamps or linocut blocks. I'd really like one in the design of Jack Sparrow's tattoo! Seen here: http://pinterest.com/pin/98709304/ Nature/nautical/steampunk scenes are great too. Thanks, Averia!

A homemade (upcycled/everyday materials! nothing bought) loom for weaving together fabric scraps. Like this: http://pinterest.com/pin/96598034/

Homemade pop-up note cards, just for writing to friends (no special occasions necessary). Like these: http://pinterest.com/pin/22754370/

A cool collage in a jar, like this one: http://pinterest.com/pin/19876384/. Something themed after Southern architecture/antique buildings or downtowns would be simply lovely.

A collection of your favorite family recipes on pretty cards, maybe in a decoupaged box?

A starter tatting how-to kit, with pictures and very clear instructions (I'm a very visual learner) Cheesy

A cute, smallish lunch bag that I could fit a few small plastic containers in. I love vibrant, repeating patterns.

A small fabric coupon holder with long pockets (long enough to hold long coupons!)

A bunch of teeny paper cranes

Potholders or dishtowels for my kitchen (it's cowboy/Western-themed!

Supplies:

Fancy bails
Dark blue colored stones/beads
subway tokens
Jewelry boxes (the lil cardboard ones)
Cool molds for resin/clay
I'll take any fabric/jewelry supplies if you'd like to destash a bit, too Wink

Extras:

Your favorite popcorn flavoring (for watching my crime shows with!)
Fun stickers/envelope seals
Sticky notes
any small, cool crafty-type items special to your area!
Lavender sachets for my dresser drawers (my clothes be stinky Sad)

Happy birthday to all of us!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011 09:18:04 PM by hgddm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011 07:30:35 PM »

Hi all! My name is Beth and I am super excited for my birthday this year because Ill be 24 on the 24th! I dont know why, but Ive been looking forward to this birthday since I was a kid Cheesy. I live in Michigan...right in the middle of the mitt! Im married to a wonderful guy, and no kiddos (yet!). I work full time in a pizza place and love my job. Besides working and crafting, I like to read, play video games, and spend time with the hubster.

As far as crafting for me, I am not a picky person at all! As long as my package is made with care, I know I will love it! Smiley My favorite colors include red, purple, green, brown, and grey. Right now Im liking the purple/grey combo, and I also like plaid. Im not too fond of pastels and pinks/oranges/yellows, but I dont mind if they are used little bit either. We live in a tiny apartment and dont really have any themes or color combos for our rooms yet, so no worries there. Things/subjects Im interested in include Jane Austen, Robin Hood (classic or Disney), The Beatles, WWII, historically related ghost stories, retro furniture, old caravans/campers, and more! A few things Im not really into...country themed items, other Disney, skulls, peach scented items, and profanity. Also, my ears arent pierced, so I cant do earrings.

I have LOTS of items on my Pinterest, and I would love anything off of it, or inspired by it. If you think of something that you think I may like, go for it! And, I absolutely LOVE surprises!

On to the list!

Crafted Items
-Anything inspired by or off of my pinterest.  www.pinterest.com/bethwalk
-ATCs for my collection (pm for themes)
-Dotees for my collection (pm for themes)
-Some fun headbands/hair clips/bobby pins (I like subtle as opposed to flashy)
-Wall art in any medium
-Fabric wallet
-One of those towel backed dish drying mats Thank you MissingWillow!!
-Zipper pouches in any size Thank you v3nu5!!
-A homemade book/binder/note cards full of tips for using a sewing machine (sewing zippers, free motion quilting, using bias tape, quilting, using interfacing,  simple projects/tutorials, anything you think could help a beginner would be awesome)
-Pin cushion (I have a ring one, but wouldnt mind having a bigger one for by my sewing machine)
-A sewing machine cover (Brother LX 3125)
-Needlebook!
-Travel embroidery kit/case
-Some fun kitchen/bath hand towels
-Fridge magnets
-One of those magnet boards made from a cookie/baking sheet
-Scarf (black, grey, green, or purple, *medium to darker shades*)
-Slouchy hat (black, grey, green, or purple, *medium to darker shades*)
-I would adore a courderoy messenger bag!
-I lovelovelove surprises too!

Supplies (Used supplies in decent shape are fine!)
-Papercrafting goodies-paper, stickers, embellishments, book pages, maps, tags, etc.
-Fabric scraps or FQs (Some Christmas/winder themed would be awesome!)
-Buttons! Thank you Rikaheart!!
-Embroidery goodies-floss, needles, hoops, etc
-A rotary cutter (with or without a cutting mat)
-Magnet sheets/buttons/strips
-Some watercolor paints and supplies. Ive been wanting to try painting my own backgrounds.
-Basic spools of thread for my sewing machine. I only have black, white, and brown
-Some cheapy felt sheets in any color, I like them for making dotees, embroidering, etc Thank you Rikaheart!!
-Ribbon, scraps are fine
-Beads/pendants/jewelry making supplies
-Tape measure
-Seam ripper

Extras
-Sour candy
-Chocolate!
-A good used paperback book (always looking for new reads)
-Easy meal or dessert recipes
-Magic (the Gathering) cards
-Pressed pennies

Thanks for looking at my list!!
Happy birthday to the September people!!! Grin
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011 11:55:51 AM by StickerChic87 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainbowsewist
open to personal swaps

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011 05:29:20 AM »

hi im andi, this is a quick and dirty list for now cause my phone keeps kicking me off line, gonna try and get to th library this weekend....

i'll be 38 on th 13th this year, but i always tell people im plenty8 :-P. ive got lots more info on my profile and blog. my style is best described as eclectic, with glitter! :-P

crafty wishes:

a suprise from my wists
knitted socks (leftovers are great, they dont even have to match! :-P)
paperless papertowels - dark or halloween/skull themed please
button bouquet - blk/silver/pink, halloween or rainbow colors please
amis - elephants, tedibears, butterflies, zombies, etc
fingerless gloves/armwarmers (my wrist is 8ins)
kits - id love a spinning kit!!, or a small kit on how to do your fav craft.
crochet hook holder of some sort - zippered bag, roll, something to keep them all together
hats/facinators - mini is great (please use clips instead of a headband, its easier to clip it to th mohawk)
hooplas in any of my themes
charm bracelets (lots of examples on my wist)
whimsy jar

supplies:
hoop supplies - got plently of floss, could use everything else, really need a needlebook! or off th wall patterns, th wierder th better
yarn - would love wool scraps for my pebble-rug! or some handspun yarn/fiber
fabric - 6 1/2in squares for my rainbow patchwork skirt would rock! but any piece would be given a loving home!
buttons - same colors as bouquet above
scrabble tiles
jewelry stuffs - i traded away most of my beads/findings only to get bitten by the bug again lol! was gonna join th bead soup swap but then did this one instead :-D
patterns - esp baby girl or baby toys
pul - for pads so larger scraps are fine

extras:
ummm just bout anything really, i love chocolate but its still too hot to mail
a cd of pics of your fav areas around your town
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011 09:53:33 AM by rainbowsewist » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog ~ http://neverremembers.blogspot.com
http://wists.com/rainbowsewist

ive got rubber stamps im not using anymore, wanna trade?? i'd kill for a cornish pixie poppet!
RikaHeart

" If the world is made of light and darkness..."

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011 04:13:30 PM »

My name is Cheryl, I'm turning 26 years old this Friday, September 9th. I'm currently living in Florida now in a nice community. I'm in a hobby club where I'm learning how to crochet
and also making cards with elder ladies. I'm a HUGE star Trek fan along with being animes. I love crafting and I'm trying something new. Especially learning how to embroider by hand.
I'm a huge Kingdom Heart Fan. My Favorite is Riku from Kingdom Hearts and Demyx. I also love the Tales Game, like Raven/Schwann from Vesperia.  I'm currently on making my small room to be liveable

Wish List:
Pillow Pals- Tigger, Epseon, whatever from the Pininterest for pillow pet. Pin Interest=  http://pinterest.com/rikaheart/
STar Trek Tricorder Bag/Purse
Rubber Stamps for making cards during Hobby Club:
Different type of stamps:  
Star Trek Symbols,Thanks Averia!
Doctor Who,
Lovely Sayings for like friends, love ones, Christmas, Halloween, Mother's day, Father's day,
Antique Mosiac Rubber Stamp or similiar to it to make interesting Tri-Fold Cards.
I would love to have Japanese style rubber stamps like Sayings in Kanji,
Japanese Sakura Cherry Blossoms,  [I definitely would love to have these]

Character Bookbag purse- Heartless or Tardis
Plushie of Riku from KH 2, Demyx, Espeon from Pokemon, Raven/Schwann from Tales of Vesperia
A Design Japanese Scroll to hang on my wall, even a Star Trek Style Japanese Scroll for my Star Trek Room
Star Trek Bed Sheets
Superman Bed Sheets
Star Trek CommBadge Bookbag Purse Style
Superman, Doctor Who, or Star Trek Shape Pillows for my Sofa or Bed
Tardis-Like Sewing Kit
Star Trek, Kingdom Hearts, or Doctor Who stitch markers for me crocheting [I'm a Beginner.]
Star Trek Wallet
Raphael Plushie or Anything with Raphael in TMNT
Fairy Crown for my Fairy Outfit
I also Love Surprises!!
Blue Flowery Head piece for My Fairy Outfit, like a wreath to sit on the head.
Dark Blue Slippers to wear for my outfit.

Supplies: Thanks to Averia for any Card Making Supplies.
Card stocks with different colors like Blue, pink, white, green, etc to make cards.
Embroidery Kit for beginners
Stickers for making cards.
Ribbons- Small to medium.

Extras: Candy of any kind: For example.
Reeces
Snicker Bars,
Smarties
Any other kind of Extras you may wanna throw in.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011 01:05:52 PM by RikaHeart » THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebluegirl
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011 11:46:56 PM »

Hello everyone and happy birthday September babies!

My name's Leeanne and I live near Liverpool, UK with my beautiful fluffy pudding Harlequin.  I'll be 29 on September 5th.  This will be my first birthday swap so I'm really hoping I get picked.  I have mental health problems that prevent me from doing a "proper" job but I volunteer when I can in an Oxfam charity shop which is a great place for finding all sorts of weird and wonderful things than can be transformed into crafty goodies.  I really love swaps, I adore receiving handmade packages in the post and to receive one for my birthday would be just amazing!

I love purple, teal, indigo, olive green, silver and rainbows!!

Crafted items I'd like:

Cosy neckwarmer/scarf (winter's on its way!)

Fingerless mitts

Cosy hat (beanie style, knit or crochet)

Bag organiser like: http://pinterest.com/pin/95200696/

Coiled fabric bowl

Crochet hook roll

Slippers (UK size 6, US size 8, Eur 39)

Legwarmers

Chan Luu inspired bracelet like: http://pinterest.com/pin/38525981/

Pyjama pants in flannel or jersey (please feel free to upcycle t-shirts - UK size 12, US 8, 32" waist, 41" hips)

Wrap skirt (24" length)

Tree of life pendant

T-shirt stencilled with "Hyperbole is the best thing ever!" Thank you to my wonderful boyfriend Dave!!!

Rapunzel scarf

Hanging circular needle holder like this: http://thriftyknitter.com/?p=101 with UK sizes (in mm)

Pompom scarf like: http://www.flickr.com/photos/buttonhearts/4239600549/ Thank you LauraLynn125!

T-shirt with stencilled sewing machine

T-shirt with stencilled turtle

Body scrub (any scent except lavender or coconut)

Notecards

Handmade mug

Cat toy

A surprise from my wists www.wists.com/littlebluegirl or my pinterest: www.pinterest.com/littlebluegirl

Supples

Buttons (I'm addicted!)

Handspun or handdyed yarn

Fun/unusual knitting needles/crochet hooks

Fabric - fat quarters or patchwork squares, cotton, any print

Scrabble tiles

Sewing thread

Sock loom

8mm crochet hook

Extras

Fun socks/tights

Cheesy popcorn (can't find it here - I received some in a swap once and fell in love)

Hot chocolate (raspberry flavour would be ace, but all are good)

Tea and coffee

Lucky Charms breakfast cereal

Peanut butter M&Ms

Fun mug

Cat toys (catnip welcomed!)

Thank you for considering me!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011 08:48:46 AM by littlebluegirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Arthur Brooks on His Book the Road to Freedom
Francis Slakey on Fitness
The Life of Queen Lead-Singer, Freddie Mercury
A New Sense of Social Purpose
Climbing Mt. Everest
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...