A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: More paper bead earrings + my very first necklace :D  (Read 12333 times)
Tags for this thread: paper_beads  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

saratera
no- i said stick it in your BUTTONhole!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011 04:31:16 PM »

so pretty! beautiful work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
r.forslund
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011 12:23:41 PM »

wisting! LOVE these!! your work is absolutely beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purpur
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011 12:33:37 PM »

Love the colors, beautiful jewelry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helena Puck
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011 08:24:55 AM »

Wow! I've never seen paper beads looks so good. I love the touches of wire around the beads. It adds that extra flare.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
Donella
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011 09:56:02 AM »

Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments Smiley I'm enjoying paper bead and jewellery making very much! And it makes me very happy to know that I can inspire others to try paper bead making too Smiley If you wanna have a go, I really do recommend Amelia Lune's tutorial. It's the best one I've seen! I also learned to work with wire from her. She's got a free tutorial on wire wrapping on her blog. And then I've just experimented to find my own style Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So much creativity..
So little time...

I have an Epla-shop for my paper bead earrings (it's like Etsy, but in Norwegian):
http://epla.no/shops/lindaspapirpynt/
MidKnightLadyD
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011 08:56:29 PM »

Those are absolutely beautiful and I love how you wrapped your wire!!  What type of wire do you use?  Does it retain that pretty shine?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SnazzyS
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011 08:34:00 AM »

Nice. Can I ask how you get your paper beads to turn out so well? I've tried making them a few times and mine don't even look half that good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kimadagem
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011 08:19:37 PM »

These are just gorgeous. I've seen a lot of paper beads but so many just seemed - I don't know, ordinary? Now that I see yours I think I've figured out the secret to making beautiful ones - it's the paper! That probably sounds obvious, but I guess what I mean is - ordinary paper makes ordinary beads. You have a real knack for picking extraordinary paper, so your beads are extraordinary too. And what you're doing to make them into jewelry - wow. You're really showing off the potential of these beads. Very nice work.

Meg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All my articles are listed on

http://www.kimadagem.weebly.com/
Donella
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011 10:22:22 AM »

Those are absolutely beautiful and I love how you wrapped your wire!!  What type of wire do you use?  Does it retain that pretty shine?

Thank you Smiley I use silver plated copper wire. I haven't had any problems with the shine fading. I am using real 925 Sterling silver for the ear wires/hooks though, as they probably would fade..

Nice. Can I ask how you get your paper beads to turn out so well? I've tried making them a few times and mine don't even look half that good!

Thanks Smiley like kimadagem said, which paper you choose is very important. I'm extreemely picky and spend lots of time finding the right paper. While I prefer thin magazine paper, I somethimes go for thicker paper if I like the colours. The colours are the most important thing and I avoid text and too many different colours as much as possible. For the actual paper bead making, I spent longer time so I can make sure I roll them tight and even. If I'm not happy with a bead, I spent time adjusting it until either I'm happy or decide it's not good enough and throw it away. I use up to 5 layers of varnish/coating to make them extra shiny and sturdy. Other than that, I can recommend looking up Amelia Lune's tutorial. Good luck Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So much creativity..
So little time...

I have an Epla-shop for my paper bead earrings (it's like Etsy, but in Norwegian):
http://epla.no/shops/lindaspapirpynt/
Taradolls
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011 12:01:01 PM »

those are really gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Repair Damaged Hair Strands
How to Avoid Dry Hair
How to Grow Long, Healthy Hair
7 Fresh Ways to Style a Ponytail
Sleeping Beauty: How to Get Glam Waves While You Snooze
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...