A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favourite theme party(ies)?  (Read 23969 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AubreyD
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2006 05:54:13 PM »

The best theme party I ever attended was entitled "Anything but Clothes."  The costumes were absolutely hilarious.  I've never seen such creativity with trash bags in my entire life.  The pictures are priceless.  I went adorned in a pleated newspaper skirt complete with a  pretty classy garbage bag top.  The party was great!  In a few weekends my roommate and I are hosting a "Fancy Schmancy" Christmas Bash.  Yes, its pretty much an excuse for all the girls to get beautiful, make our boys get all studly, and get trashed all in one night!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
treespindle
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2006 03:08:57 PM »

i heard about a black and white party where everything was black and white, especially the dress code, but the birthday girl wore bright pink. i think its a really cute idea.
i also want to have a menagerie party where everyone must come as an exotic animal and you could rent out old furniture and oddities and the host could act as the keeper of the menagerie, i imagine them wearing safari clothes, the jodphurs and pith helmet etc.  imagine the costumes! peacocks, tigers, toucans, zebras, giraffes, chameleons (that'd be hard), even eexotic plants i guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
treespindle
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2006 03:16:25 PM »

that soviet spies one sounds so good. i also want to have a "after the berlin wall came down" party with lots of ugly soviet looking furniture and dank interiors, obscure communist posters, industrial looking things. i went to a gig with this theme earlier in the year, it was great.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006 03:18:54 PM by treespindle » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MoopSpringett
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2006 08:15:41 PM »

I had two ideas for my upcoming 15th birthday party.

The Runway party, (as seen on craftster) I took the idea, slightly developed it a little (as you can see Ive put a lot of thought into this!!!):

Decorations: For the Runway - set up a white sheet backdrop, and lay some out on the floor to. At the end of the Runway get some strong standing lights and some simple office fans for that Studio effect.  Put white roses out everywhere really pretty and very girly!!

Guests arrive in their best dresses/glad rags.
Also bringing along a bag of their favourite/most stylish/funniest clothes to model in.
You could provide a box of props, some serious, some funny. Would certainly add to the humour!

Props: Youll also need some cameras of some sort; Digital or Polaroid cameras are probably best for the main photography. Bring on the Models and Snap away! Afterwards, if you were using a Polaroid camera then youre sorted, but if you were using a Digital camera, if you dont have one then ask around your friends (or your parents friends) to see if you can get hold of a digital photo printer, then perhaps each person could get their favourite photo printed off as a favour to take home.

Favours: ...Talking of favours, I thought of getting a bag, and putting in a disposable camera, which each guest could have beforehand to get their own snaps of the party, then they could take it home and get it developed. Also some Bottled water (so diva!) Perhaps a single white rose as well? Something a bit sweet yet not to pricey.

Food: Going with the original theme posted on here, lots of salad and healthy food, but Im not to sure how my friends would take that, so itd probably just be a snack table with that stuff on, and then wed probably have Pizza or something similar! Champagne would be great as well, very fitting with the theme. Also plenty of punch on demand! My mother makes some very yummy stuff. Its just a mix of Lemonade, Cranberry Juice &Orange Juice. Im sure itd taste great if you wanted to add a splash or two of vodka as well. My mum always puts real cranberries in the drink and slices of orange, with the skin still on. Just makes it look prettier! Haha.

Gosh anything else? Oh yes! Music: As most of my friends and I are into grunge etc, wed probably be playing that, but with some really cheesy classics, such as stuff by Aqua, B*Witched and the Venga Boys etc. Because we all love to boogie!

For me, Id probably make it a sleepover for those who live further away, as a lot of my friends live in the surrounding villages and countryside, and come into the city for school. For that I guess wed probably just watch a film and chat etc, just like normal!

Another idea I had was a Red Carpet party. Everyone has to come with a dress on. Smart up etc. (Now this I wouldnt do.. as it does cost quite a lot, but I thought Id still mention it just incase, because anyone reading this may want to!)  You could hire out a limo to take everyone to the venue, if the limo parked outside the venue, with a red carpet heading up to the door and then into the hall. The guests would exit the limo, onto the red carpet, with some kind volunteers, being the paparazzi taking photos, interviewing, commentating for the TV. Once inside, theyd be handed some champagne etc, and head up to the Screening Room, to watch the Film, being premiered! And then when the film has finished you get the Premier After Party! This would probably be quite costly and take a bit of planning, but there we go!

Ive got to say, I definitely prefer the Runway Idea though. Whoever originally thought that up was a genius! Kudos to you!!

Also My sister had a Mad Hatters Tea Party (Alice in Wonderland) for her 18th. She got old packs of cards, and strung them up on thread, and then decorated the house with them. That looked very cool. The invites were playing cards with the invite glued onto the back of the card so you could still see the suit and number. I think everyone was required to bring their own tea-cup as well.. So everyone arrived in the afternoon for afternoon tea. And then in the evening everyone had a party, I cant remember much as this was a few years ago, and I had to stay the night at my friends house, as I was about 12 at the time.

But yes! I hope Ive given you all a few ideas or two! Feel free to improve on mine. Haha :] xxx
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006 08:19:19 PM by MoopSpringett » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You and your weight?
MissAmyO
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2006 05:59:01 PM »

99 red balloons party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunnysocks
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2007 02:31:58 PM »

I've been thinking of having a Disney princess party, where I'd invite friends (girls) and we'd dress up as our favorite princesses. There'd probably be a tea party and we'd watch whichever Disney movie wins a vote. We're seniors in high school, so a bit of nostalgia before we head off to college (not for another 7 months, but still).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

this machine will not communicate
these thoughts and the strain I am under
be a world child, form a circle
before we all go under
and fade out again and fade out again
keaskrii

I'll put a move on you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2007 03:18:08 AM »

I recently had a 'Trashy and Tragic' themed party.
Think pink flamingo's, neon lights, dodgy 80s records, paris hilton/courtney love style attire, etc.

My dear mother spiced up the party even more (without my knowledge) with a lovely singing and dancing transvestite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Music expresses that which cannot be put into    
words and that which cannot remain silent.       
- Victor Hugo
jmagpie
Magpie

Not your slave

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2007 10:07:11 AM »

I threw a Dead Mans Party last year in September. It was Oingo Boingo themed and everyone that came had to show up as dead. It was a huge sucess and everyone was pretty creative with their costumes. It was hard to find Halloween related to decorations but my buddy helped me create our own. Best party I've ever been to.

My surprise going away party this year was a Dressed in Black...an Ode to Johnny Cash really. Everyone dressed in their finest black attire and it was all 50's/60's clothing. We only played Johnny Cash, June Carter and Carter Family. There was swing dancing and everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ludwigvonkoopa
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2007 12:43:59 PM »

My roommate and I threw a Fake Frat Party once.  We're not the biggest fan of frats so it was sort of making fun of them, we made up fake greek letters and put them everywhere and made skirts with them on them.  We had a keg and jungle juice, beer bong and beer pong.  We played hip hop and had a dance floor and we also put pictures of hot chicks everywhere.  We had fun.
http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2004388431434050136

I will use any excuse to dress up and decorate so I always have mini-parties:

Sexy-Career Party (Sailor, Construction worker, Librarian, etc)
Super Hero Party (I was Robin)
Futuristic Party
Barbie Party (wear pink or as a barbie)

and many more I can't think of now.

I'm actually having my birthday party friday but still need to think of a theme.  I was thinking Hair Metal Haunted House but I don't know...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cheebz

I make clothes for imaginary people

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2007 08:18:15 AM »

"Show us your wits"
My firned had this for her birthday and encouraged everyone to come as theri favorite pun, joke, or ironic phrase. It was a hit. I couldn't attend so I pasted my picture to a bottle opener and went as a "tool."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Homemade Stuffed Sesame Leaves
Thai Fish Tacos With Latin Slaw Recipe
Japanese Salad Dressing Recipe
Coconut Cringe: Anthony Eats America Ep. 6 - Deleted Scene
Recipe For Revolution: Anthony Eats America Ep. 6 - Deleted Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...