A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,320
Currently Running With Scissors:
306 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 74 Open to sign ups  (Read 11687 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frosty772
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2011 02:29:02 PM »

Im going to claim Luckdragon for a checkbook cover

This is my first claim
none have been sent
none has been received

Hello there !!
Im Tammy.  Im 39 and im married to a great man and mom to three handsome boys in Northern California. I moved here from OH and love it!! We just purchased our first home and are thrilled!!  I like to sew, quilt.  I am starting to get into embroidery and can crochet a little bit.  Im very much into girly type stuff and love anything regency -titanic era. I also love 30s-40s things as well.  I am allergic to nickel.

Here are my wishes
Anything off my wist list is great!!

Mediums (more can be found in my list  Grin)
~~Jewelry (chokers, bracelets, earrings but please no nickel posts)
~~Aprons!!  Even though I sew them I would love to see what others come up with!!  I would also like two childrens apron (both are under 12yrs old)  Transformers and Spiderman a plus!! (one claim at a time is fine needless to say  Grin)
~~My MIL is a bingo fanatic!!!  A bingo bag or a nice seat cushion would be great for a gift.
~~New purse  I am in need of a large school bag/tote!!  The strap on mine is starting to come loose.
~~Handwarmers like the ones offered at Hot Topic.com. Victorian Goth ones would be perfect.
~~Crazy Quilted Purse.  Or any purse made by you!!
~~Regency or Victorian era Reticule
~~Petticoat (cotton or cotton blend please) either knee or ankle length with some fullness to it as I like poufy skirts !! I actually wear these a lot!! (Im 5'5 email for length) (received one from farmgirljane and would love more!!)
~~I would love some soft wool socks!!  Size 7 feet
~~I have a weird obsession with knitted cuffs!! I love them!!  Chocolate brown, red, white, mustard yellow.
~~ Anything that can help me decorate my Victorian inspired sewing room
~~ Would love a first aid kit that I can keep in my car.  Can be of any medium just as long as its a bit "fun" to look at and have. After all first aid is bad enough!!   Something really creative (thats why i asking.  I cant think of anything lol)

Im also looking for a sign that says "Please no solicitors or religious groups"  I have people of one kind or another knocking at my door constantly and it makes me rather uncomfortable.  .

Crafted Items~~

KNITTED AND CROCHETED

I love this shawl and I am willing to wait longer if anyone will make it for me. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CivilWarShawlKAL/  Im not picky about color.  Would be just happy to even have one.

SEWN

**Civil War Era Cape called a Mathilde Mantilla (Think of a Civil War era Poncho.  This is basically what it is)  Here is a link to the pattern http://www.uvm.edu/%7Ehag/godey/images/s5902170.jpg  and here is an example of what it looks like http://www.thegracefullady.com/civilwargowns/ready-mades_silkmantle.htm Measurements will be provided.  Wool blend or Corduroy would be great. Hood is decorative and is not functional. It only uses around 3 yards.  I would also prefer it lined for warmth. It would be great if I could retain the pattern as well for future projects.  (I can sew I just cant figure out how to make it <frown>) without a pre-drafted pattern.  OR If someone with any drafting skills wouldnt mind drafting a pattern to my size I could play around with it and make my own (If I have a pattern to work with)

Primitive Raggedy Ann doll (An example is in my wists)

Victorian caplet.  At least waist length please email for length.

Slat bonnet or corded can provide links if needed.  Any pattern should do as they are all basically the same result.

I would love some embroidered handkerchiefs. Monogrammed with my initials would be nice too!!

Victorian slippers.  This pattern is from 1864
http://www.victoriana.com/VictorianShoes/victorianslipperpattern.html

Im looking for special kind of apron for my husband.  He cooks the eggs at breakfast time and is a ninjitsu martial artist.  I would love an embroidered apron that has a ninja/martial artist holding a spatula in each hand and says "Egg Master" underneath.  Fabric and colors are open as long as its durable and holds up.

Other Crafts~~~
Bars of handmade soap (the kind that is made from lye).  Lavender, oatmeal, goats milk, citrus are great however any scents are welcome!!  Or soap supplies/kit as I would love to learn how to make my own. Plain Pre-made soap bars that are ready to have scents, colors, herbs ect melted and added in are appreciated too as I have young children and am concerned with having lye in the house.

Room sprays, bubble baths (im looking for some really good foamy bubbles!!).

Bath bombs.  Also jars of bath salts would be fantastic as well. Im good for now!! Thanks!!

Im looking for some scented oils.  I would rather these be handmade or from specialty shops and not from stores like joanns or hobby lobby ect.

Hand crafted candles are great too. Prefer either fruit and or spice scented ones or lavender (only floral scented one I like).  Im also interested in the scented candle chunks that you can melt and scent your house with.  I have received some but always appreciate more!!

Whimsey jar are really fun!!

Im loving the moon jars!!  Would love to have one!!

Im looking for a serving tray that I can bring snacks from the kitchen to the living room.  Asian or Victorian influence a real plus.  Ive seen some nice ones made from frames (glass removed)

Im also looking for a picture frame.  about 1.5 inches or more wide/thick on the sides.  What I would like is a thin wooden back fitted to it. I dont need the glass for it.  An old vintage frame would be preferred for this.  Im going to use it as a center piece tray for candles (if you can visualize it will lay flat on the table) I can take a pic of the pic in my book if you would like to see my inspiration.

Shower curtain.  Victorian style please!!

My 18 year old loves Jack Skellington from the Nightmare before Christmas so anything with him on (appropriate for a guy) would be fantastic

Handcrafted Jewelry with Victorian influence

Victorian/Edwardian style chalk board.   Here's the idea.  Antique frame or mirror with glass/mirror removed (small or medium size if perfect).  Where the glass/mirror was is the area to write in (im not sure what would be used to create the chalkboard slate as I only know of the special paint).  Saw one in Victorian Trading Co.  I love the idea!!

Im looking for a table runner for our new table we recently purchased.  Looking for something, of course Victorian style as well.  Measurements can and will be provided.  Want something rich looking but affordable to make!!  Also looking for new fabric dinner napkins (18").

~~Supplies~~

Sewing items~~ Anything related to sewing is welcome!!  Trims, fabric, thread ect.(Gently used too)
Im also interested in any older sewing supplies as well from antiques stores and such (I have a tracing wheel i bought for $4 so they can be affordable).  Patterns (Burda Mag, Modern, Historic and Historic inspired too)!!  I need envelopes with a size 14 & 16 included in the envelope for dresses and tops and a 16 for skirts.  Thanks!!
Vogue~~ .. .2884...2968...1239 ... 8352...8003,,,v1178,,,v1172
Simplicity~~
McCalls~~

Im especially trying to find a Simplicity Jumper Pattern from 1948 pattern is on my wist list (36" bust if possible)

Fabric Mystery Bundle from Fabricmart.com  http://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/xcart/804051-10-yard-Mystery-Fabric-Bundle-Assortment.html  Or the mystery box they have for sale

New or Unwanted Issues of Threads ( I have all of 2003, 2006-2008 Though I dont have issues 137 or 138, 140  !!!) probably best to check with me on numbers!! and Burda World of Fashion Magazine !! (I have a few ...1/06** 7/03**4/05** 3/08**)  (used is fine) Knipmode, Ottobre, Patrones, La Mode

Magazines (new or used!!)  Gothic Lolita Bible Magazine, Beading and Jewelry making, Knitting and Crochet, Magazines from Somerset Studios.  Here is a link to their site and the magazines they offer http://www.stampington.com/html/main_magazines.html  Im especially looking for Haute Handbags!!!!   As well as cooking mags!!

Purse supplies of all sorts (handles, magnetic snaps, rings ect).  Silver Victorian clasps would be great too (can be found at Hancocks).  I desperately need some magnetic snaps!!

Scrapbooking items  (trims, paper, stickers anything!!).  Im also looking for some things like brads, ribbons, fancy paper, scissors.  Im also looking for corner punchers, rulers for making fancy torn edges and hole punchers (I have a heart one).  Also plain colored or white blank greeting type cards would be wonderful!! 
  Good for now!!  Thanks!!

Emphemra

Costume jewelry or broken pieces that can be recycled into new jewelry

I really really need some cub/boy scout related scrapbooking items such as paper, stickers ect!!!!

Also looking for decorated photo albums.  One for the non American candy wrappers that I collect!!

Handcrafted cards by you would be great!!

Im also looking for a decorated (painted/decoupaged/stained ect) box for my scrapbooking paper 12X12.  Would prefer an old vintage look.

Stamps and ink pads

Beading supplies like wire 18 gauge or higher, beads, spacers.  Im also needing jewlery making supplies too.  I would love some Swarovski jewelry supplies!!  Also ANY bead findings from Blue Moon Beads of their Lost and Found and/or Manor House (or any that features Victorian/Edwardian pieces) collection would be wonderful.  Also looking for a roll of tiger tail for beading and jewelry projects!!

Yarn!! I love yarn!! I would prefer not to receive any 100% acrylic.  However wool, cotton, silky whatever!!  All colors are welcome (well except neon bright bright colors).

Im looking for corset making supplies. boning, 13.5" busk, lacing!!

Calligraphy writing pens!!  I want to learn how!!

Sublime Embroidery patterns ~~Gothic, Pinup, Craftopia, Sushi Bar, Dress up

Books  (Amazons great for these.  Used welcomed as well)
**The Perfect Fit : The classic guide to altering patterns
**Fast Fit (I have checked this book out of the library so many times im shocked they dont check with me first before loaning it out to anyone lol) or More Power Sewing both are by Sandra Betzina
**Jackets for Real People by palmer and pletsch
**"From the neck up an illustrated guide to hatmaking Denise Dreher
**Victorian and Edwardian Fashions Lamode Illustree
** Fashions of the guilded age  by francis gimble

Cookbooks (and cooking magazines) are welcome!!  New and pre-loved!!

I love Charlie Chaplin, Silent Movies and am HUGE fan of Jimmy Stewart!!  Betty Boop too!!

EXTRAS

Candy from outside the US, Including but not limited to, (NZ~~Minties, Pineapple Lumps and Wittakers) Kit Kats!!  Violet Crumbles!! (Canadian Equivalent is welcomed too though the name escapes me)

My husband collects law enforcement patches.  I would love to get a bunch for him for him.  If you live near a prison, jail or other LE facility perhaps they would let you have one???  He gets his this way by asking and they are usually happy to give him one.  My husband loves Asian things as well as LE related (he is a correctional officer) and anything relating to the park service (Smokey the Bear gets double marks lol!!). He is a fan of Bruce Lee and any DVD (he has VHS) movies or any craft with him inspired would be wonderful!!  Or perhaps a stenciled t-shirt of Bruce Lee.  He would be thrilled to receive something just for him (It also continues him to encourage me to swap.  Ya know totally his idea)

Also I would love to be able to get him a hooded jacket with a nin symbol on it!! Stenciled or embroidered (Will send link to a pic if needed)

Also im looking for bath tub grippers (the ones that prevent slipping) im looking for the kind that stick directly on the tub using tape/sticker.  I cant find any except for the mats

Lego's for my two boys would be wonderful.  They are obsessed!!

Im also looking for a Yellow Freight cap.  Hubby would love one, and has said so for as long as we have been together.  Not sure why but figured I would look for him!!

Pagan Related
Incense charcoal (these can be found in metaphysical or ethnic shops such as those specializing in incense)
Doves Blood ink (Its not really doves blood!!!  Thats just the name for inks used for writing positive chants!!!  There is Dragons Blood too and there are no dragons running around that I know of  Grin)
Parchment paper

Last but not least total complete surprises are welcome!!  If you are good at something and have something you love making.  Go right ahead.  I will say that my tastes are Victorian so if you can incorporate that even more perfect!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians.blogspot.com
skittlebub
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011 05:09:46 PM »

I claim frosty772 for Calligraphy writing pens or embroidered handkerchiefs if I can't get the pens

1st claim this round

1 claims outstanding / 0 sent / 0 received

Im Sally, 27, living in Victoria, Australia.  I have 2 kids Miss 3 (collects giraffes, loves purple & pinks, also loves Charlie & Lola) & Master 1 (collects monkeys) & I'm very easy going.

LIKES I love retro, vintage and rockabilly themes & styles. Ninjas, skulls & pinup girls never go astray. Our whole family are massive Doctor Who fans, love coca-cola & Id died without my coffee. Vanilla is my favourite scent. (Anything inspired by these would be good too)
DISLIKES I have no allergies but, I dont like loose glitter, country crafts or lavender. Nothing religious please

I have a pinterest  here At last count there was over 1300 pins, so there should be plenty of inspiration there  Grin

INSPIRATIONS
Any craft or item inspired by one of the following topics
-Doctor Who (some inspiration can be found on my pinterest or create something unique)
-Coffee
-Coca-cola (the normal one, NO diet or weird flavors please)
-Retro/Vintage
-Pin-ups/Rockabilly
-Something from my pinterest
-Pirates of the Carribean
-Anything Tim Burton (movies, drawings, etc) or Johnny Depp related

SEWN CRAFTS
-wallet  something like this
-handbag/purse, I like this style and this style
-I would love a TARDIS, cushion, throw or bag
-A stuffie (a dalek, an adipose, a tardis, any doctor, a giraffe, a monkey, a dinosaur, a Charlie or lola, or a surprise)
-tea towels or dish towels &/or oven mits/pot holders
-PJs for me (an Australian size small) or just PJ pants, or some lounge pants
-a laptop bag/sleeve
-A sock monkey
-A crochet hook roll like this or something similar
-Coin purse
-Scrabble pillows/cushions like these with S, B, M or J
-Small zippered pouches
-Organisers like this or this or this
-Cushions or cushion covers (my couch is chocolate colored)

YARN CRAFTS
-An ami (a dalek, an adipose, a tardis, any doctor, a giraffe, a monkey, a dinosaur, a Charlie or lola, or a surprise)
-mittens like these in a dark color or fingerless mittens in a similar style
-a laptop bag/sleeve
-I would love some hand knit or crochet socks
-I would love Penny's Christmas hat see here
-Cushions or cushion covers (my couch is chocolate colored)

PAPER CRAFTS
-Hand bound journal- A5 or smaller so it fits into my handbag or nappy bag
-Some ATC's
-Some handmade birthday cards or notecards

NEEDLECRAFTS
-Embroidered teatowel/dishtowel
-Hoops for my hoop wall (adult themes are ok)
-Embroidered pillow cases or cushions

DIY KITS (Handmade)
-a book binding how to kit - I've wanted to learn for a long time
-A sock monkey making kit

MISC CRAFTS
-Something for Miss 3 (shes a size 4, likes pink, purple & giraffes) or Something for Master 1 (hes about to go into a size 2, & collects monkeys).
The both like Doctor Who, Scooby Doo and Charlie & Lola
-Something inspired by Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (or the original book, not a fan of the disney version)
   Maybe a hoop or some wall art. These are quite cute
-Something Nightmare before Christmas or Corpse Bride
-Some fabric labels (sew on) with my logo on them
-Airbrushed Christmas tshirts for the kids
-Cushion or cushion covers (my couch is chocolate colored)
-A SURPRISE from any category

SUPPLIES
-DMC  or Anchor embroidery threads
-Aida cloth
-Fabrics (Plain cottons/corduroy, funky, retro or vintage prints)
-Peaches & Cream yarn or something similar
-Sharpies
-Glass etching cream
-Origami paper
-Christmas scrapbooking paper
-sewing patterns (ladies- petite (size 6/8) , boys- baby & toddlers (size 1/2 +,  girls - toddlers & young childrens size 3/4 +) new/used
-Water soluble stabilizer for embroidery machines for free standing lace making
-buttons - plain funky, old, new
-Gutterman sewing threads or these threads I have never seen them at any of our craft shops
-Some good pinking shears (zigzag fabric scissors) new/used
-embroidery machine bobbin fill the prewound bobbins(I have a janome 350e)
-freezer paper
-zippers-any size
-yo-yo maker
-ribbon/trims/bias binding
-crochet hooks any size, any type (would like some aluminium ones in 2.5mm-5mm though) new/used
-linocutting or stamp carving supplies (I have just received a lino-cutter with 2 blades/heads but have nothing to try it out on) even some how to information
-Recycled or regular cardstock
-Shaped punches (the shaped hole punches), eg hearts, stars, animals - any size new/used
-Felt
-Stamps & ink pads
-Embossing powder for stamping
-Anything from my crafty folder on pinterest

EXTRAS
-candy is always good (or junk food in general)
-Your favourite recipes
-Fabric scraps that are 8" x 6"

Thank-you so much for claiming me xxxx

Please message me if you have any questions or if you need any information not listed
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011 09:38:56 PM by skittlebub - Reason: Added more » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011 10:13:04 PM »

I claim skittlebub for a surprise
4/2/1

My name is Robin.  I live in Portland, OR (U.S.) and I am a full time PhD student.  I am also the mother of preschooler extraordinaire, Aria Jae.   I love handmade and I love surrounding my child with handmade.  Surprises are always lovelycheck out my pinterest for an idea of my likes, wants, and tastes!  http://pinterest.com/rlynn/

If you decide to craft for me: my favorite colors are blue and green.  I love earthy and jewel tones.   I wear a lot of black and sometimes a bit of grey and every once in a while something red, but mostly I wear black.  I like the look of steampunk and Gibbous jewelry and clothing.

If you decide to craft for Aria: her favorite colors are blue and green as well.  She loves pirates, robots, monsters, rainbows, and elephants.  She also loves the care bears (80s style, before CGI got to them), the 70s animated TV show Godzilla, Ponyo, Batman, Spiderman, and the Hulk (as in the green guy). We dont really do princess stuff around here but we do like fairies, sprites, and gnomes.  I have loads of things I would love for her pinned on my pinterest, including clothing, toys, and accessories.  Big WISHES in bold.

Crafts
For Aria
-1/18 scale dollhouse stuff (she has some calico critters; I think that is the appropriate scale)
-skully hat (PM for measurements)
-Fairy/Butterfly wings
-Winter Hat (PM for head measurements)
- tees, tunics, hoodies, pants, or dresses for Aria (4T)
here are a few links to some things i really like but you don't have to make these exact things...I'm including it for inspiration about the types of clothing and fabric/color choices I like.  there are more examples in my pinterest.
pants
hat
more clothing ideas
-Pantaloons (4T)
-altered hoodie (5T)
-appliqued, stenciled, embellished tees, etc... for Aria (4T)
-Batman tee (4T)
-Wall art (her room is mostly blue and green)
-A fabric wall chart for Aria like this fabric chart but maybe with blue and green buttons.  
-Teeny tiny crocheted animals (she has piggies already)
-Something elephant; Aria loves them (anything but please no stuffies unless it teeny and tiny)
-Something galaxy inspired and appropriate for an almost 4 year old; she loves the planets and stars
-rainbow themed whimsy jar
-ATC binder with the clear plastic sleeves (yep, my 3 year old is making and swapping ATCs. Cheesy )

For me
-Jewelry for me (please check out my pinterest for ideas; Im pretty particular about my jewelry.  It doesnt have to be an exact replica but my pinterest will give you a feel for my tastes)
-Fold over yoga band skirts for me (PM for measurements) Here's a tutorial
-bags with sturdy handles as I would like to use them to haul my school stuff to and from campus
Bags I like posted here
-messenger bag or tote bag with stenciled dr. mckay (from Stargate Atlantis) and the quote, "Its a city, not a yo-yo." or "What am I, MacGyver?!  Fix it with what?"
-wool dryer balls
-Fun Magnets
-Handmade buttons
-Laptop cozy (PM for measurements)
-Hoop art (I have some on pinterest)
-Hair pretties (I think I have some on my pinterest but again I like steampunk and gibbous inspired things)
-woodland creature and the forest themed whimsy jar
-Reusable "Paper" Towels (Don't really care what material/color/pattern as long as its absorbent)
- Kitchen wet bag (I would like it to attach to the stove as in the photo and would like some form of waterproof lining please)

For Aria's Fourth Birthday Party
Besides Aria's first birthday party, her traditional Korean dol, I have not made a very big deal out of her birthdays.  Aria really likes the Care Bears, but I don't really want to do a cartoon themed party.  Instead, I'd like to throw her a spectacular birthday full of rainbows, hearts, and stars (all things she associates with Care-a-lot).  Her birthday is not until the end of March, but knowing me I'll be neck deep in school work and grading papers so I could use all the help I can get.  Cheesy  Everything on this list is a big WISH.

-this fabric flower garland but in more rainbow-y colors
-something like this cake topper but with brown hair and eyes and maybe a rainbow heart balloon instead of a kite?
-scrappy ribbon garland...I need six of them (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) about 9 feet each.  These can of course be done in separate claims.
-This delightful felt rainy cloud mobile thanks, pearliepie!
-Paper star garland

More to be added as I come up with more ideas; also feel free to check out my pinterest; the board titled party ideas is chock full of rainbow delight.  Cheesy

Craft Supplies

-Fabric from my pinterest or in a similar style
-Any of the craft books from my pinterest
-Thread for my sewing machine (all colors)
-Liquid watercolors
-Tempera paints
-Canvas any size (the kind that is stretched over a wood frame)
-Old ornate frames (can be old and need a new paint job, no glass necessary)
-Double folded Bias tape (all colors and widths)
-45mm or 18mm olfa blades for my rotary cutter
-Air dry clay
-assorted cookie cutters
-watercolor paper
-Gallery style canvas (the kind that is stretched over a wood frame; any size)
-blank ATC cards
-iron on interfacing (all weights)
-muslin (nothing smaller than 1 yard)
-lace appliques (smaller ones are better, nothing bigger than 3 inches)
-glass buttons
-plastic bobbin cards for embroidery floss
-Oliver + S clothing patterns (4T; boy or girl)
-black and white ruffle fabric (2 pieces, one at least 1 yard, the other at least 2 yards)

Extras
-TEA (I prefer black tea, chai tea, vanilla tea...anything really but the fruity kind)
-Aria loves gold coinsfeel free to add to her loot.  Cheesy
-My partner, Phil, is hard to craft for but his stomach is always a good bet.  He loves bacon (but that might not travel well), chocolate, gummy bears, and pretty much any delish candy.  
-Aria is dressing as Ponyo for Halloween and I cannot find a green bucket that I like...if you see or have one like in this drawing http://www.flickr.com/photos/7609258@N07/3940374820/in/photostream
and want to send it to us...we'll give you the biggest cyberhug ever.
Thanks much!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011 01:17:26 PM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pearliepie

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2011 11:59:34 AM »

I claim rlynn for the rainy cloud mobile
1/0/0

Hi, I'm Pearl and I live in Colorado with my husband and super spoiled cat. We also just found out Im pregnant! I love decorating my house with art. I'm not really into creepy/Gore stuff, but I do love a good alien movie. Anything to do with space or the end of the world really sets my mind spinning! I love nature themes and colors, also pinks and purples.

Crafts:
*hand-knit socks* I know these are a large item for some people, but if you're one of those wonder knitters who can whip out socks like magic, I will give them a good, loving home! Most of the students at my school call me "The sock teacher" because I have a huge collection of fun socks
*Mug rugs- I drink tea everyday, and am constantly leaving rings on tables and such
*dangly earrings
*Interesting necklaces
*A hoop for my hoopla wall
*Wonky House Quilt blocks- 12"x12" (here's a tute! http://unrulyquilter.com/tutorials/wonkytown.pdf)
*cat bed/mat in a nature theme for the window seat in my front room
*Wild West Saloon themed art for my "Fat Can Candie's" basement bar (Think Wild Wild West with Will Smith for inspiration)
*Arm warmers/shrug for work
*Pillows for my front room (covers are fine, I can get pillow blanks to put inside them!) The front room is nature themed with lots of tree art on the walls, branches in vases, and my couch is green
*Note card sets
*Placemats or embroidered napkins
*Slippers! I mostly go barefoot, but it's getting colder and I don't have any
*refrigerator magnets
*Something tiny and cute for one of my many display shelves/curio cabinets
*Hair pretties- I have really long, fine hair
*An Etsy or Flickr based surprise

Supplies:
*I LOVE old craft books from the used book store, flea markets or yard sales!
*Beads- seed beads or focal beads for embroidery projects, no plastic pony beads please!
*Micron pens in any color
*Scraps of blue fabric for a crazy quilt I'm working on
*Wool felt
*hand spun yarn
*embroidery hoops
*jersey fabric so I can make some clothes for my baby

extras:
*Tea! I'm addicted! Bonus points if it's loose leaf lime tea- I can't find any around here
*Chocolate or sweets, potato chips

« Last Edit: September 23, 2011 01:39:28 PM by Pearliepie - Reason: posting from work and I keep getting kicked off! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
errka
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2011 03:36:56 PM »

I claim pearliepie for jewelry!

This is my 2nd claim, 1 sent, 2 received.

Hi! I'm Erika (from Georgia). I live with my boyfriend and dog named Duckie. I like to dabble in all thing crafty but am mainly a jewelry maker. I love learning new things.

Themes I like:
I love the color black! I especially love when it is paired with pink, red or electric blue!
I love mod/kitschy stuff.
Zombies
Harry Potter
Cute/Creepy
Squirrels
Sugar Skulls
Horror

I am a big dork most of the time but tend to be on the shy/quiet side. I know that I will love anything sent to me!
Thank you for anything you pick me for!!!!

Crafts:
Amy Butler weekender bag
Sewing basket
Painted coffee cups or dishes in any of the themes I like
BIG BIG WISH Zombie Survival Case like this one
I would love a shirt like this or like this
PJ pants -XL, in a cute fabric
An awesome patchwork skirt
Jewelry (styles I like are: here )
I would really love to have a Harvey Birdman action figure ( I imagine you would just find Birdman and just sew him a suit....)
A notebook with sleeves and dividers for couponing
Wrap around towel like this
NEW placemat for under the dogs food and water
NEW stitch markers
NEW Headbands or hair accessories bandanas, flowers, etc
NEW Car trash bag
NEW Bag for holding plastic shopping bags
NEW Swiffer Wet Jet covers
NEW Mary Jane slippers (size 9 )
NEW Lapdesk
NEW Golden snitch that I can hang from my rearview mirror in my car (it gets pretty hot here, so it has to handle heat well)
NEW Harry Potter inspired charm bracelet
NEW Squirrel stuffie or amigurimi
NEW Flat iron case (must be insulated!)
NEW Jewelry box - Would love one in any of my themes or maybe an altered one
Anything on the Pintrest category For The Boy]http://pinterest.com/errka/for-the-boy/]For The Boy

Supplies:
Sterling Silver wire (all gauges, preferably thicker though!)
Jewelry findings in silver (need eyepins, headpins, clasps, chain)
Beads and pendants
Fabric (check my wists/pintrest for patterns I like)
Embroidery stuff (hoops, fabric, thread...)
Resin
I would LOVE a feather kit for my hair like this one
NEW & BIG WISH Metal stamping supplies (blanks, tools, etc.)
NEW Button making supplies
NEW Photo boxes
NEW Safety eyes
NEW Felt

Extras: 
Craft books/magazines
Anything inspired by my pintrests or a surprise!!!
Sour candy for the boy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2011 04:16:58 PM »

I claim errka for a wrap towel and probably a little surprise Smiley
2/0/0

My name is Karen and I live in Austin, TX with my teenaged dd (who typically ends up with most of my swap items), a huge, goofy lab-mix and a lovely, prissy cat.

I love designs from the 60's and early 70s (think mod & flower power). Also 50's post-modern. 50's/60's SURF THEMES!  I used to have a 1974 VW Thing and I miss it a lot! I also love Asian designs in fabric and artwork.
I prefer clean lines and bold graphics rather than cutesy or fussy prints.

I was born in the year of the Dragon and I just love them! And English Bulldogs (cute, not fierce).  I love anything magical/wonderous including fairies and Alice in Wonderland.  
Also, pretty much any Amy Butler fabric.

If you are doing a t-shirt, please not a men's or hanes or jerzees. For me, a ladies fitted med (if runing small or junior sizing, go for a large, but generally med will work) (prefer scoop neck).  For DD, juniors fitted med (size 3/5). Thanks!

Other random things I love: silver jewelry, reading, travel, art, geekery, the periodic table, Scooby-Doo, GLEE!, nature, trees, dandelions, rain, cooking, whimsical things (but not whimsies), steampunk!. For more info check my wist .

I would love anything from my wist : www.wists.com/luckdragon or pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/luckdragon/ but especially the things below.  In general, I prefer practical things that can be used (with the exception of small wall art or hoops for
my hoopla wall).  My favorite colors are bolder/earthy tones to 60s mod.  Blues/greens/tangerine/black/white/deep red (again, examples in my wist).  Please no neon colors or pastels, or pink.

REALLY would love anything in highlighted below in  PURPLE

Thank you in advance for picking me!!

Crafted Items

SEWN:

Long trifold wallet with strap: http://www.etsy.com/listing/68391376/long-tri-fold-clutch-wallet-with-id

appliqued flower place mats : like these but with red (cayenne), orange (tangerine), yellow flowers http://www.etsy.com/listing/48084381/three-flowers-place-mats?ref=sr_gallery_20&ga_search_query=place+mats&ga_noautofacet=1&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade%2Fhousewares
                                            or these: http://www.etsy.com/listing/68641694/easy-bein-green-place-mats-set-of-4?ref=sr_gallery_18&ga_search_query=place+mats&ga_noautofacet=1&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade%2Fhousewares

Small metal frame clutch  with a long strap and a funky print:  similar to this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/55730385/love-birds?ref=sr_gallery_17&ga_search_query=clutch&ga_search_type=&ga_page=&order=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title&filter%5B0%5D=handmade&filter%5B1%5D=bags_and_purses

nautical wall art - ala quaggy!  something piratey or retro 50's beach inspired would be awesome!

Appliqued skirt similar to this: http://www.wists.com/luckdragon/4663b3392214f256013e6b592e7acfe8?offset=100

fun pot holders - well insulated for heat

storage pincushion (different fabric - blues and greens or black/white) - http://www.wists.com/luckdragon/8ce63cccb0cdde506418615e2a70eafb?offset=20

reusable unpaper towels

new - reusable shopping bags - especially foldable ones - see my sewing wishes pinterest for some style ideas: http://pinterest.com/luckdragon/sewing-wishes/

YARNIES:

crocheted scrubbies made from netting  I REALLY REALLY LOVE THESE for dishes!!

French Press Felted slippers size 9 (I think the pattern is on ravelry as well) http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41507335

Shawn the sheep slippers!  
http://www.wists.com/luckdragon/2e21c2cdf546296691bbb59e08fadc45?offset=0

More ART than Craft:

tree painting ala jemimah : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=371879.msg4375185#msg4375185

Altered art shadowbox or wall art in a fairy or fairygodmother theme - ala knickertwist or phizzychick

JEWELRY:

Fused glass pendant or earrings - with retro surfing/beach image, or vespa, or starfish, retro camera, bicycle, VW thing

zipper pulls!!

MISC:

soaps, scrubs, lip balms (for US partners only) - I like most scents EXCEPT lavendar, rose or sweet pea. I love "beach", citrus, jasmine - clean scents or tropical florals

Creative notecards!!  Such as:
note cards inspired by Beatles, dragons, Alice in Wonderland, anything altered fairy/magical ala knickertwist/phizzychick

Embroidery Hoopla!  See my wist or pinterest for ideas - I would love something Beatles inspired or retro surf themed

something inspired by the periodic table - could be jewelry, t-shirt, hoopla, etched/painted mugs

screen printed/stenciled (not puff paint) flour sack towels (simple graphic kitchen themes or retro themes some other ideas: http://www.etsy.com/listing/77723950/lemon-kitchen-towel-hand-screened?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=kitchen+towel&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade  or (simpler version of this) http://www.etsy.com/listing/79797312/houses-printed-tea-towel?ref=sc_1
or http://www.etsy.com/listing/45301918/french-press-kitchen-towel-coffee?ref=sr_gallery_28&ga_search_query=kitchen+towel+printed&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=US&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade  or http://www.etsy.com/listing/54368354/blue-banana-bike-tea-towel-flour-sack?ref=sr_gallery_29&ga_search_query=kitchen+towel+printed&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=US&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

Stash/Supplies:

t-shirt yarn - blues and greens would be awesome!

Charms for Steampunk jewelry (wings, owls, airplanes, filigris, octopus, compass, key) !!

tabletop weaving loom

pdf patterns from etsy:
Patterns:

Viking Hat: http://www.etsy.com/listing/63723647/lael-viking-hat-pdf-crochet-pattern

clutch #55: http://www.etsy.com/listing/66690263/no-55-clutch-bag-pdf-pattern-new-pattern

wallet: http://www.etsy.com/listing/60084915/a-girls-best-friend-wallet-pdf-sewing?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=wallet&ga_filter=

wristlet wallet: http://www.etsy.com/listing/59151714/pdf-pattern-for-licking-countys-finest?ref=sr_gallery_29&ga_search_query=wallet&ga_filter=&ga_page=3

accordion clutch wallet: http://www.etsy.com/listing/69306107/accordion-walletclutch-sewing-pattern

dreamy the dragon ami: http://www.etsy.com/listing/60987317/dreamy-the-blue-dragon-pattern

fabric (Fat quarters or third yard min) in retro/60's or asian inspired cotton prints (anything by amy butler)

Also solid colored cotton fabric, all colors especially Kona Cotton

BIG WISH _ Silver clutch frames!! http://www.etsy.com/listing/65111796/3-silver-big-ball-clasp-metal-purse?ref=sr_gallery_24&ga_ref=auto&ga_search_query=metal+purse+frames+clutch&ga_noautofacet=1&ga_search_type=supplies&ga_facet=supplies
http://www.etsy.com/listing/68532007/7x3-inches-18x7cm-gunmetal-clutch-purse?ref=sr_gallery_29&ga_search_query=metal+purse+frames+clutch&ga_noautofacet=1&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=supplies&ga_facet=supplies

Purse supplies (magnetic snaps, zippers, metal handle connector thingies)

metal stamps - see ideas in my pinterest

BurdaStyle magazines    - Ill take any old ones you are done with before Sept 2010 or after May 2011

bright colored vinyl fabric (pieces 5" x7" or bigger would be great!!

leather (any leftover pieces you have would be great!)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011 04:30:08 PM by luckdragon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2011 01:15:09 PM »

I claim luckdragon for stenciled flour sack towels

5th claim, 2 sent, 2 received

My name is Robin.  I live in Portland, OR (U.S.) and I am a full time PhD student.  I am also the mother of preschooler extraordinaire, Aria Jae.   I love handmade and I love surrounding my child with handmade.  Surprises are always lovelycheck out my pinterest for an idea of my likes, wants, and tastes!  http://pinterest.com/rlynn/

If you decide to craft for me: my favorite colors are blue and green.  I love earthy and jewel tones.   I wear a lot of black and sometimes a bit of grey and every once in a while something red, but mostly I wear black.  I like the look of steampunk and Gibbous jewelry and clothing.

If you decide to craft for Aria: her favorite colors are blue and green as well.  She loves pirates, robots, monsters, rainbows, and elephants.  She also loves the care bears (80s style, before CGI got to them), the 70s animated TV show Godzilla, Ponyo, Batman, Spiderman, and the Hulk (as in the green guy). We dont really do princess stuff around here but we do like fairies, sprites, and gnomes.  I have loads of things I would love for her pinned on my pinterest, including clothing, toys, and accessories.  Big WISHES in bold.

Crafts
For Aria
-1/18 scale dollhouse stuff (she has some calico critters; I think that is the appropriate scale)
-skully hat (PM for measurements)
-Fairy/Butterfly wings
-Winter Hat (PM for head measurements)
- tees, tunics, hoodies, pants, or dresses for Aria (4T)
here are a few links to some things i really like but you don't have to make these exact things...I'm including it for inspiration about the types of clothing and fabric/color choices I like.  there are more examples in my pinterest.
pants
hat
more clothing ideas
-Pantaloons (4T)
-altered hoodie (5T)
-appliqued, stenciled, embellished tees, etc... for Aria (4T)
-Batman tee (4T)
-Wall art (her room is mostly blue and green)
-A fabric wall chart for Aria like this fabric chart but maybe with blue and green buttons. 
-Teeny tiny crocheted animals (she has piggies already)
-Something elephant; Aria loves them (anything but please no stuffies unless it teeny and tiny)
-Something galaxy inspired and appropriate for an almost 4 year old; she loves the planets and stars
-rainbow themed whimsy jar
-ATC binder with the clear plastic sleeves (yep, my 3 year old is making and swapping ATCs. Cheesy )

For me
-Jewelry for me (please check out my pinterest for ideas; Im pretty particular about my jewelry.  It doesnt have to be an exact replica but my pinterest will give you a feel for my tastes)
-Fold over yoga band skirts for me (PM for measurements) Here's a tutorial
-bags with sturdy handles as I would like to use them to haul my school stuff to and from campus
Bags I like posted here
-messenger bag or tote bag with stenciled dr. mckay (from Stargate Atlantis) and the quote, "Its a city, not a yo-yo." or "What am I, MacGyver?!  Fix it with what?"
-wool dryer balls
-Fun Magnets
-Handmade buttons
-Laptop cozy (PM for measurements)
-Hoop art (I have some on pinterest)
-Hair pretties (I think I have some on my pinterest but again I like steampunk and gibbous inspired things)
-woodland creature and the forest themed whimsy jar
-Reusable "Paper" Towels (Don't really care what material/color/pattern as long as its absorbent)
- Kitchen wet bag (I would like it to attach to the stove as in the photo and would like some form of waterproof lining please)

For Aria's Fourth Birthday Party
Besides Aria's first birthday party, her traditional Korean dol, I have not made a very big deal out of her birthdays.  Aria really likes the Care Bears, but I don't really want to do a cartoon themed party.  Instead, I'd like to throw her a spectacular birthday full of rainbows, hearts, and stars (all things she associates with Care-a-lot).  Her birthday is not until the end of March, but knowing me I'll be neck deep in school work and grading papers so I could use all the help I can get.  Cheesy  Everything on this list is a big WISH.

-this fabric flower garland but in more rainbow-y colors
-something like this cake topper but with brown hair and eyes and maybe a rainbow heart balloon instead of a kite?
-scrappy ribbon garland...I need six of them (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) about 9 feet each.  These can of course be done in separate claims.
-This delightful felt rainy cloud mobile thanks, pearliepie!
-Paper star garland

More to be added as I come up with more ideas; also feel free to check out my pinterest; the board titled party ideas is chock full of rainbow delight.  Cheesy

Craft Supplies

-Fabric from my pinterest or in a similar style
-Any of the craft books from my pinterest
-Thread for my sewing machine (all colors)
-Liquid watercolors
-Tempera paints
-Canvas any size (the kind that is stretched over a wood frame)
-Old ornate frames (can be old and need a new paint job, no glass necessary)
-Double folded Bias tape (all colors and widths)
-45mm or 18mm olfa blades for my rotary cutter
-Air dry clay
-assorted cookie cutters
-watercolor paper
-Gallery style canvas (the kind that is stretched over a wood frame; any size)
-blank ATC cards
-iron on interfacing (all weights)
-muslin (nothing smaller than 1 yard)
-lace appliques (smaller ones are better, nothing bigger than 3 inches)
-glass buttons
-plastic bobbin cards for embroidery floss
-Oliver + S clothing patterns (4T; boy or girl)
-black and white ruffle fabric (2 pieces, one at least 1 yard, the other at least 2 yards)

Extras
-TEA (I prefer black tea, chai tea, vanilla tea...anything really but the fruity kind)
-Aria loves gold coinsfeel free to add to her loot.  Cheesy
-My partner, Phil, is hard to craft for but his stomach is always a good bet.  He loves bacon (but that might not travel well), chocolate, gummy bears, and pretty much any delish candy. 
-Aria is dressing as Ponyo for Halloween and I cannot find a green bucket that I like...if you see or have one like in this drawing http://www.flickr.com/photos/7609258@N07/3940374820/in/photostream
and want to send it to us...we'll give you the biggest cyberhug ever.
Thanks much!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011 01:18:51 PM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

frosty772

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2011 10:32:42 PM »

im going to claim Rlynn for a jewelry item off her pinterest (the quilted cuff)

here is my list

This is my second claim
none have been sent
none has been received

Hello there !!
Im Tammy.  Im 39 and im married to a great man and mom to three handsome boys in Northern California. I moved here from OH and love it!! We just purchased our first home and are thrilled!!  I like to sew, quilt.  I am starting to get into embroidery and can crochet a little bit.  Im very much into girly type stuff and love anything regency -titanic era. I also love 30s-40s things as well.  I am allergic to nickel.

Here are my wishes
Anything off my wist list is great!!

Mediums (more can be found in my list  Grin)
~~Jewelry (chokers, bracelets, earrings but please no nickel posts)
~~Aprons!!  Even though I sew them I would love to see what others come up with!!  I would also like two childrens apron (both are under 12yrs old)  Transformers and Spiderman a plus!! (one claim at a time is fine needless to say  Grin)
~~My MIL is a bingo fanatic!!!  A bingo bag or a nice seat cushion would be great for a gift.
~~New purse  I am in need of a large school bag/tote!!  The strap on mine is starting to come loose.
~~Handwarmers like the ones offered at Hot Topic.com. Victorian Goth ones would be perfect.
~~Crazy Quilted Purse.  Or any purse made by you!!
~~Regency or Victorian era Reticule
~~Petticoat (cotton or cotton blend please) either knee or ankle length with some fullness to it as I like poufy skirts !! I actually wear these a lot!! (Im 5'5 email for length) (received one from farmgirljane and would love more!!)
~~I would love some soft wool socks!!  Size 7 feet
~~I have a weird obsession with knitted cuffs!! I love them!!  Chocolate brown, red, white, mustard yellow.
~~ Anything that can help me decorate my Victorian inspired sewing room
~~ Would love a first aid kit that I can keep in my car.  Can be of any medium just as long as its a bit "fun" to look at and have. After all first aid is bad enough!!   Something really creative (thats why i asking.  I cant think of anything lol)

Im also looking for a sign that says "Please no solicitors or religious groups"  I have people of one kind or another knocking at my door constantly and it makes me rather uncomfortable.  .

Crafted Items~~

KNITTED AND CROCHETED

I love this shawl and I am willing to wait longer if anyone will make it for me. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CivilWarShawlKAL/  Im not picky about color.  Would be just happy to even have one.

SEWN

**Civil War Era Cape called a Mathilde Mantilla (Think of a Civil War era Poncho.  This is basically what it is)  Here is a link to the pattern http://www.uvm.edu/%7Ehag/godey/images/s5902170.jpg  and here is an example of what it looks like http://www.thegracefullady.com/civilwargowns/ready-mades_silkmantle.htm Measurements will be provided.  Wool blend or Corduroy would be great. Hood is decorative and is not functional. It only uses around 3 yards.  I would also prefer it lined for warmth. It would be great if I could retain the pattern as well for future projects.  (I can sew I just cant figure out how to make it <frown>) without a pre-drafted pattern.  OR If someone with any drafting skills wouldnt mind drafting a pattern to my size I could play around with it and make my own (If I have a pattern to work with)

Primitive Raggedy Ann doll (An example is in my wists)

Victorian caplet.  At least waist length please email for length.

Slat bonnet or corded can provide links if needed.  Any pattern should do as they are all basically the same result.

I would love some embroidered handkerchiefs. Monogrammed with my initials would be nice too!!

Victorian slippers.  This pattern is from 1864
http://www.victoriana.com/VictorianShoes/victorianslipperpattern.html

Im looking for special kind of apron for my husband.  He cooks the eggs at breakfast time and is a ninjitsu martial artist.  I would love an embroidered apron that has a ninja/martial artist holding a spatula in each hand and says "Egg Master" underneath.  Fabric and colors are open as long as its durable and holds up.

Other Crafts~~~
Bars of handmade soap (the kind that is made from lye).  Lavender, oatmeal, goats milk, citrus are great however any scents are welcome!!  Or soap supplies/kit as I would love to learn how to make my own. Plain Pre-made soap bars that are ready to have scents, colors, herbs ect melted and added in are appreciated too as I have young children and am concerned with having lye in the house.

Room sprays, bubble baths (im looking for some really good foamy bubbles!!).

Bath bombs.  Also jars of bath salts would be fantastic as well.
Im good for now!! Thanks!!

Im looking for some scented oils.  I would rather these be handmade or from specialty shops and not from stores like joanns or hobby lobby ect.

Hand crafted candles are great too. Prefer either fruit and or spice scented ones or lavender (only floral scented one I like).  Im also interested in the scented candle chunks that you can melt and scent your house with.  I have received some but always appreciate more!!

Whimsey jar are really fun!!

Im loving the moon jars!!  Would love to have one!!

Im looking for a serving tray that I can bring snacks from the kitchen to the living room.  Asian or Victorian influence a real plus.  Ive seen some nice ones made from frames (glass removed)

Im also looking for a picture frame.  about 1.5 inches or more wide/thick on the sides.  What I would like is a thin wooden back fitted to it. I dont need the glass for it.  An old vintage frame would be preferred for this.  Im going to use it as a center piece tray for candles (if you can visualize it will lay flat on the table) I can take a pic of the pic in my book if you would like to see my inspiration.

Shower curtain.  Victorian style please!!

My 18 year old loves Jack Skellington from the Nightmare before Christmas so anything with him on (appropriate for a guy) would be fantastic

Handcrafted Jewelry with Victorian influence

Victorian/Edwardian style chalk board.   Here's the idea.  Antique frame or mirror with glass/mirror removed (small or medium size if perfect).  Where the glass/mirror was is the area to write in (im not sure what would be used to create the chalkboard slate as I only know of the special paint).  Saw one in Victorian Trading Co.  I love the idea!!

Im looking for a table runner for our new table we recently purchased.  Looking for something, of course Victorian style as well.  Measurements can and will be provided.  Want something rich looking but affordable to make!!  Also looking for new fabric dinner napkins (18").

~~Supplies~~

Sewing items~~ Anything related to sewing is welcome!!  Trims, fabric, thread ect.(Gently used too)
Im also interested in any older sewing supplies as well from antiques stores and such (I have a tracing wheel i bought for $4 so they can be affordable).  Patterns (Burda Mag, Modern, Historic and Historic inspired too)!!  I need envelopes with a size 14 & 16 included in the envelope for dresses and tops and a 16 for skirts.  Thanks!!
Vogue~~ .. .2884...2968...1239 ... 8352...8003,,,v1178,,,v1172
Simplicity~~
McCalls~~

Im especially trying to find a Simplicity Jumper Pattern from 1948 pattern is on my wist list (36" bust if possible)

Fabric Mystery Bundle from Fabricmart.com  http://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/xcart/804051-10-yard-Mystery-Fabric-Bundle-Assortment.html  Or the mystery box they have for sale

New or Unwanted Issues of Threads ( I have all of 2003, 2006-2008 Though I dont have issues 137 or 138, 140  !!!) probably best to check with me on numbers!! and Burda World of Fashion Magazine !! (I have a few ...1/06** 7/03**4/05** 3/08**)  (used is fine) Knipmode, Ottobre, Patrones, La Mode

Magazines (new or used!!)  Gothic Lolita Bible Magazine, Beading and Jewelry making, Knitting and Crochet, Magazines from Somerset Studios.  Here is a link to their site and the magazines they offer http://www.stampington.com/html/main_magazines.html  Im especially looking for Haute Handbags!!!!   As well as cooking mags!!

Purse supplies of all sorts (handles, magnetic snaps, rings ect).  Silver Victorian clasps would be great too (can be found at Hancocks).  I desperately need some magnetic snaps!!

Scrapbooking items  (trims, paper, stickers anything!!).  Im also looking for some things like brads, ribbons, fancy paper, scissors.  Im also looking for corner punchers, rulers for making fancy torn edges and hole punchers (I have a heart one).  Also plain colored or white blank greeting type cards would be wonderful!!    Good for now!!  Thanks!!

Emphemra

Costume jewelry or broken pieces that can be recycled into new jewelry

I really really need some cub/boy scout related scrapbooking items such as paper, stickers ect!!!!

Also looking for decorated photo albums.  One for the non American candy wrappers that I collect!!

Handcrafted cards by you would be great!!

Im also looking for a decorated (painted/decoupaged/stained ect) box for my scrapbooking paper 12X12.  Would prefer an old vintage look.

Stamps and ink pads

Beading supplies like wire 18 gauge or higher, beads, spacers.  Im also needing jewlery making supplies too.  I would love some Swarovski jewelry supplies!!  Also ANY bead findings from Blue Moon Beads of their Lost and Found and/or Manor House (or any that features Victorian/Edwardian pieces) collection would be wonderful.  Also looking for a roll of tiger tail for beading and jewelry projects!!

Yarn!! I love yarn!! I would prefer not to receive any 100% acrylic.  However wool, cotton, silky whatever!!  All colors are welcome (well except neon bright bright colors).

Im looking for corset making supplies. boning, 13.5" busk, lacing!!

Calligraphy writing pens!!  I want to learn how!!  Pending!!!

Sublime Embroidery patterns ~~Gothic, Pinup, Craftopia, Sushi Bar, Dress up

Books  (Amazons great for these.  Used welcomed as well)
**The Perfect Fit : The classic guide to altering patterns
**Fast Fit (I have checked this book out of the library so many times im shocked they dont check with me first before loaning it out to anyone lol) or More Power Sewing both are by Sandra Betzina
**Jackets for Real People by palmer and pletsch
**"From the neck up an illustrated guide to hatmaking Denise Dreher
**Victorian and Edwardian Fashions Lamode Illustree
** Fashions of the guilded age  by francis gimble

Cookbooks (and cooking magazines) are welcome!!  New and pre-loved!!

I love Charlie Chaplin, Silent Movies and am HUGE fan of Jimmy Stewart!!  Betty Boop too!!

EXTRAS

Candy from outside the US, Including but not limited to, (NZ~~Minties, Pineapple Lumps and Wittakers) Kit Kats!!  Violet Crumbles!! (Canadian Equivalent is welcomed too though the name escapes me)

My husband collects law enforcement patches.  I would love to get a bunch for him for him.  If you live near a prison, jail or other LE facility perhaps they would let you have one???  He gets his this way by asking and they are usually happy to give him one.  My husband loves Asian things as well as LE related (he is a correctional officer) and anything relating to the park service (Smokey the Bear gets double marks lol!!). He is a fan of Bruce Lee and any DVD (he has VHS) movies or any craft with him inspired would be wonderful!!  Or perhaps a stenciled t-shirt of Bruce Lee.  He would be thrilled to receive something just for him (It also continues him to encourage me to swap.  Ya know totally his idea)

Also I would love to be able to get him a hooded jacket with a nin symbol on it!! Stenciled or embroidered (Will send link to a pic if needed)

Also im looking for bath tub grippers (the ones that prevent slipping) im looking for the kind that stick directly on the tub using tape/sticker.  I cant find any except for the mats

Lego's for my two boys would be wonderful.  They are obsessed!!

Im also looking for a Yellow Freight cap.  Hubby would love one, and has said so for as long as we have been together.  Not sure why but figured I would look for him!!

Pagan Related
Incense charcoal (these can be found in metaphysical or ethnic shops such as those specializing in incense)
Doves Blood ink (Its not really doves blood!!!  Thats just the name for inks used for writing positive chants!!!  There is Dragons Blood too and there are no dragons running around that I know of  Grin)
Parchment paper

Last but not least total complete surprises are welcome!!  If you are good at something and have something you love making.  Go right ahead.  I will say that my tastes are Victorian so if you can incorporate that even more perfect!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians.blogspot.com
xladyluckx
Hiatus over...back to crafting.

woo woo!

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011 04:35:23 PM »

I claim frosty772 for a Victorian style framed chalk board and a jar of whimsies!

1st claim
0 sent
0 received

Hi! I'm Leah from Massachusetts!! I am 36, a punk/metal nerd at heart, I manage bands and do production for a couple of fests - Rock and Shock, and New England Metal and Hardcore Festival. I love music, art, and crafting!
I have a fabric addiction, there i said it. It's off the chain, and I am totally ok with that. lol.
I have 4 doggies whom are the love of my life, Stella, Gretta, Mabel and Manfreedo!!
I am into tattoos, funky stuff, kitsch, rockabilly, dia de los muertos, nightmare before christmas, vintage religious statues/items and vintage halloween!

MY LIST:

- tattoo themed crafty goodness...old school is where it is at!

- amigurimi that is cute or halloween or punky inspired....ROBOT, Girly Skull, SKULL, zombie, etc.

-appliqued or embroidered towels for my bathroom (hand towel and larger towel for the bar near the toilet)...the theme is rockabilly/flames/casino/skulls....and the room is only the size of half a closet!!! hahaah

- halloween halloween halloween.....i collect vintage stuff or vintage looking stuff. the older looking the better! paper mache pumpkins are so adorable!

- something/anything with old school tattoo flash sewn (hand embroidered or appliqued) on it..art, towels, hoopla,tee shirt, handbag, etc.

- day of the dead catrina sculpture

- collage shrine using found objects (halloween, weird, scary,funky,whatever)

- BIG WISH!!! day of the dead anything - I have a curio cabinet with my collection and a lot of it is homemade items from my craftster  friends!

-anything with skulls...not biker...more like old school tattoo style or cutesy

- weird, funky,odd, art doll

- vintage type halloween shrine

- primitive halloween dolls

supplies, kits, items of necessity:

- creative paper clay -  any size package

- primitive doll making patterns (the dolls are coffee dyed and made to look old - yes, my latest obsession!)

- wooden candlestick holders. they can be plain as day or painted already..i need a bunch of them for some projects.

- vintage/old as sin sewing tape measures....paper kind are great too!

- whole wool skirts for rug hooking...100% wool...i'll cut them up!

-milagros in silver...i am almost out....a trip to mexico in the works? YES!

-vintage typewriter keys - the old glass covered ones!! (if you have an old typewriter lying around, I would love you forever!)

- alexander henry tattoo design fabric (i am obsessed with this design way too much!)

- Anything from my wists...some things i kept on there although i have already received...check the comments!! I've been adding to it the past bunch of days to keep things fresh and new for swapping! Smiley
WIST WIST WIST!! - www.wists.com/xladyluckx

Thank you for picking me!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011 05:46:16 PM »

I claim xladyluckx for some fingerless mittens, somewhat like some of the ones on her wist Wink

My first claim, 1/0/0  (it's nice to be back!)

Hello, Im Kirsten, Im a full time student. I live in New Zealand, married with two stepsons and two spoilt cats. I love art and I do a lot of drawing and printmaking.

Colours: particularly blue/green/teal/aqua, natural tones, or black and white; not so keen on pastels and pinks/purples (though dusty/dull shades can be nice).
Metals: silver, copper or antiqued finishes, rather than gold.
Styles: plainish and textured rather than very patterned. Natural linen, monochromatic prints rather than very multi-coloured. Some styles I particularly like are mid-century modern, Scandinavian, Japanese (but not kawaii).

Think artsy-fartsy rather than cutesy when crafting for me Smiley

No allergies. I prefer natural fibres, but not exclusively. Im happy to chat, and easy to please. *** for things I particularly want (if that's helpful), but I will be delighted with anything on the list!

Thank you for picking me!!

CRAFTS

VARIOUS CRAFTY POSSIBILITIES

* wisty surprise - http://wists.com/jemimah My wist will give you a good picture of my tastes inspired by rather than an exact replica is great, so feel free to get creative Smiley 

* a Star Trek or Doctor Who thingy, whatever you like to make, my faves are Spock, tardis and daleks. (Useful rather than decorative is usually my preference, but any Spock, tardis, or dalek item that lands in my letterbox will find a home). Some ideas Tardis journal, etui, needle book; daleks on anything; Spock stationery, journal. Great Spock pattern here
* pick another one of my fave things and make something in your favourite craft medium (again, great if its useful) e.g. fox, British robin, robot (more in profile info)
*** things to put other things in box, organiser, project holder, etc. always welcome
* protective folder to store artwork in A4 or A3 would be great
*  cool/or fun/or vintage-y/or modern pendants or brooches, in any medium - metal, fabric, polyclay. (I love jewellery and have a silly amount of it already, so I may use these for other creative purposes, e.g. embellishing purses, books, home decor things - so a few fun bits and pieces would be better for me than something very precious Smiley)

SEWN
* a pockety project bag I always have several projects on the go, so use these a lot, different styles and sizes all welcome (I love my Mimi project bag, and would happily receive another one Wink)
* Plain and sturdy zippered totebag/storage bag
* organiser things (e.g. project holder, thing for storing small supplies and bits) any size. Some ideas in wist, but other styles are good too.
* sewing ideas (if you want to make cushions/cushion covers, you can mail them unstuffed for easier postage)
* pot mitts/pot holders - something amusing, or one of my fave themes, or just simple. I quite like the long double ended style.
fabric buckets are great! I like them quite big (grocery bag size, or even bigger), but you don't need to put interfacing or padding/batting in them, so they can fold up flat for easy posting. They don't need to be fancy, plain and sturdy is fine. Short handles are useful, but not essential.
*** A cover for my kobo with the corner thingies so I can read without taking it out.

YARN/FELT RELATED
* hand dyed or hand spun yarn
* handknitted wool socks (womens size 9-10, any colour) (I know, this is a big one!)
* socks/slippers for wearing around the house something simple to make, not fancy maybe made of old felted jumpers or something? (womens size 9-10) I am not fussy about the style, this is all about comfort. I will be working at home all year ...
* if youre interested in knitting something, these are some things I want in my ravelry faves (I dont necessarily want all the other things in my ravelry faves though Smiley) ravelry wants there are some smaller things like hats and mitts in there, and a couple of crochet things too. Some good colours for knits dull denim blue, dull greyish rose, chartreuse, rich or dull red (not too orange-y or dark please), teal.
* fingerless mitts - I like ones with thumbs rather than just thumb slits, but other than that I'm pretty flexible on styles - there are heaps of different patterns I like in that ravelry link. I wear these every day in the winter.
* wisty things made of felt or felted wool

PAPER RELATED
* handmade stamps in a theme I like (see my profile and wists), e.g. birds, frogs, fish, trees, art related, Tardis, dalek, Star Trek
* stationery notecards or paper, its all good (bonus points for Star Trek or Dr Who theme!)
* stationery ideas

OTHER CRAFTS
* handmade ceramic item, esp. in celadon green (but any colours are good) ceramic ideas
* hair sticks/comb/pin or shawl pin not too girly please, see wist
* polyclay buttons - a variety of sizes/colours/textures would be great!

* or something else that I havent thought of, that you think Id like!

CRAFT SUPPLIES (many of these things are VERY expensive here, more than 2x US prices)

* real silk for embroidery, any colours, any brand, any type its hideously expensive where I live (its probably not that cheap where you live, but I bet its cheaper than here! a very small envelope will be cheap to post, and will make me very happy Smiley). I particularly love Soie d'Alger (made by Au Ver Soie). If you send me some Soie d'Alger, I will also send you a tiny pretty made with it by way of extra thanks. Smiley 
    (A few OWSers have sent me silk now, and I <3 it all! Thank you!)
* interesting embroidery supplies (please stick with quality over quantity, Id much rather have a tiny envelope with a few lovely skeins/little things than lots of cheap floss/beads, and it's also cheaper for postage!) The sort of stuff I like is DMC, anything silk or linen, Au Ver Soie, Japanese stuff, bits for goldwork (purl, kid, etc.), handmade/hand dyed, quirky things. Vintage/second hand is fine.  No Aida please.
*** Id really like to try the DMC Naturals linen embroidery floss.
*** NEW a q-snap frame or two 11 x 17 and/or 11 x 11 would be great
*** nice sock yarn! Machine washable would be great, I keep felting my socks!
* Noro yarn, other silk/luxury yarn, artisan yarn (I have a great local source for good wool yarns, so while I love that too, its not worth you mailing it to me Smiley)
*** NEW stainless steel yarn like this or this
* nice paper - e.g handmade, japanese, printmaking, textured, any colour or weight - it's for printmaking, so plain or subtle rather than very patterned is best.
* small art supplies items:-
     - pencils, markers and pens (Prismacolor/Derwent/Caran D'Ache/Posca for example, or similar artist grade things think quality rather than quantity, just a few nice things would be fab! and cheap to mail)
     - peel and sketch charcoal pencils
     - drypoint etching supplies (roulette, plastic for etching)
     - inkpads, little stencils, stamps, etc.
*** 100% wool felt, eco felt < Ive never seen eco felt available here (I have stacks of ordinary synthetic felt already though)
* DMC StitchBow floss holders - just the gold coloured sticks (I have plenty of the plastic pockets to put them in)
* small sewing supplies rickrack, bias binding, cotton tape/ribbon, grosgrain
* blanks for pendants or brooches (not shiny gold though)
* nice cotton or linen fat quarters or fat eighths - the selection in the shops here is rubbish! There's heaps of wisted fabric I like to give you some ideas. I would particularly love this b&w cat fabric, this gorgeous fabric, and plain linen or wool fabric (natural, grey, green, blue). Also wool doctors flannel (for needlebooks), if its easily available where you live.
* crafty magazines Burda or Anna (either English or German), Vogue Knitting, Verena, or any awesome US sewing/knitting mag.
*** NEW I'd love to get these knitting patterns - I particularly want Lalique, the cat socks, and the Jackson Pollock socks - (no postage costs to buy patterns online either!) Smiley
*** NEW some good pinking shears (for example)

EXTRAS
* yarn leftovers/oddments in any shades of blue or green, anything over about 1/4 ball (~16 metres or more) will be useful for my project. Wool or wool blends preferred please, any weight.
* I always enjoy bookmarks, vintage/interesting buttons, etc.
* small chipboard shapes
* no candy (I like it TOO much)

Smiley Smiley Thank you to everyone who has sent me lovely things!!! Some things are still on my list, because I love what you sent, and I am happy to receive similar things again.

NB. New Zealand has tough biosecurity at the border. This is very unlikely to apply to this swap, but just in case ... Please dont send natural materials (feathers, leaves, wood, seeds e.g. lavender, etc.) Everything on my list is absolutely fine to send, but PM me if youre unsure about something. Thanks  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips for Shopping at Forever 21
What Is a Skort?
How to Dress in 90s Vintage Style
Famous Faces Take Front Row at New York Fashion Week!
Olivia Palermo Wants This Trend to Go Away!
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...