A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 74 Open to sign ups  (Read 10527 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011 07:19:30 PM »

I claim IdlersDesign for a fabric garland

2/0/0

My name is Robin.  I live in Portland, OR (U.S.) and I am a full time PhD student.  I am also the mother of preschooler extraordinaire, Aria Jae.   I love handmade and I love surrounding my child with handmade.  Surprises are always lovelycheck out my pinterest for an idea of my likes, wants, and tastes!  http://pinterest.com/rlynn/

If you decide to craft for me: my favorite colors are blue and green.  I love earthy and jewel tones.   I wear a lot of black and sometimes a bit of grey and every once in a while something red, but mostly I wear black.  I like the look of steampunk and Gibbous jewelry and clothing.

If you decide to craft for Aria: her favorite colors are blue and green as well.  She loves pirates, robots, monsters, rainbows, and elephants.  She also loves the care bears (80s style, before CGI got to them), the 70s animated TV show Godzilla, Ponyo, Batman, Spiderman, and the Hulk (as in the green guy). We dont really do princess stuff around here but we do like fairies, sprites, and gnomes.  I have loads of things I would love for her pinned on my pinterest, including clothing, toys, and accessories.  

Crafts
For Aria
-1/18 scale dollhouse stuff (she has some calico critters; I think that is the appropriate scale)
-skully hat (PM for measurements)
-Fairy/Butterfly wings
-Winter Hat (PM for head measurements)
- tees, tunics, hoodies, pants, or dresses for Aria (4T)
here are a few links to some things i really like but you don't have to make these exact things...I'm including it for inspiration about the types of clothing and fabric/color choices I like.  there are more examples in my pinterest.
pants
hat
more clothing ideas
-Pantaloons (4T)
-altered hoodie (5T)
-appliqued, stenciled, embellished tees, etc... for Aria (4T)
-Wall art (her room is mostly blue and green)
-A fabric wall chart for Aria like this fabric chart but maybe with blue and green buttons.  
-Teeny tiny crocheted animals (she has piggies already)
-Something elephant; Aria loves them (anything but please no stuffies unless it teeny and tiny)
-Something galaxy inspired and appropriate for an almost 4 year old; she loves the planets and stars
-rainbow themed whimsy jar
-ATC binder with the clear plastic sleeves

For me
-Jewelry for me (please check out my pinterest for ideas; Im pretty particular about my jewelry.  It doesnt have to be an exact replica but my pinterest will give you a feel for my tastes)
-Fold over yoga band skirts for me (PM for measurements) Here's a tutorial
-bags with sturdy handles as I would like to use them to haul my school stuff to and from campus
Bags I like posted here
-messenger bag or tote bag with stenciled dr. mckay (from Stargate Atlantis) and the quote, "Its a city, not a yo-yo." or "What am I, MacGyver?!  Fix it with what?"
-winter hat (I have some on pinterest; PM for measurements)
-wool dryer balls
-Fun Magnets
-Handmade buttons
-Laptop cozy (PM for measurements)
-Hoop art (I have some on pinterest)
-Hair pretties (I think I have some on my pinterest but again I like steampunk and gibbous inspired things)
-woodland creature and the forest themed whimsy jar

Craft Supplies

-Fabric from my pinterest
-Any of the craft books from my pinterest
-Thread for my sewing machine (all colors)
-Liquid watercolors
-Tempera paints
-Canvas any size (the kind that is stretched over a wood frame)
-Old ornate frames (can be old and need a new paint job, no glass necessary)
-Double folded Bias tape (all colors and widths)
-45mm or 18mm olfa blades for my rotary cutter
-Air dry clay
-assorted cookie cutters
-watercolor paper
-Gallery style canvas (the kind that is stretched over a wood frame; any size)
-blank ATC cards
-iron on interfacing (all weights)
-muslin (nothing smaller than 1 yard)
-lace appliques (smaller ones are better, nothing bigger than 3 inches)
-glass buttons

Extras
-TEA (I prefer black tea, chai tea, vanilla tea...anything really but the fruity kind)
-Aria loves gold coinsfeel free to add to her loot.  Cheesy
-My partner, Phil, is hard to craft for but his stomach is always a good bet.  He loves chocolate and gummy bears and bacon (but that might not travel well) and pretty much any delish candy.  
-Aria is dressing as Ponyo for Halloween and I cannot find a green bucket that I like...if you see or have one like in this drawing http://www.flickr.com/photos/7609258@N07/3940374820/in/photostream
and want to send it to us...we'll give you the biggest cyberhug ever.
Thanks much!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011 10:17:28 AM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

IdlersDesign
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011 05:13:56 AM »

I reclaim rlynn for an obi belt from her pinterest.

2/0/0

I'm Christina, I live in the Netherlands with my sweet game addicted & philosopher husband, 2 year old son and our cat. I'm a French teacher, I love learning foreign languages (currently learning Japanese), travelling, discovering nature, indoor gardening (outdoor too, but I don't have a garden yet...) and crafting. In fact I have more interests than time..
For anything that's made for me I say feel free to recycle/re-use! As a nature lover, green is my favorite colour!
We don't have any allergies but we are vegetarian.

Themes & colours I love: nature, recycled/reusable/frugal items, hippie, animals, herbs, dark green, natural colours and materials, black, summer colours, retro colours/themes, yoga, '60s and '70's movies (especially Hammer movies), Dr. Who, and there are many more things I like in my profile!

Dislikes: pink, white, pastels, Disney, artificial, religious stuff, nothing too girly please.

Big wishes are in green

Crafted items

A ' spring hoodie' like this http://www.purlbee.com/spring-hoodie/
Something like this could perhaps also be sewn or crocheted.

- new: an altered journal

- new: re-usable lunch/snack bags.

- 'unpaper' towels in fresh/happy/fruity colours

comfy pants for my son (size 2T) Maybe something like this: http://pinterest.com/pin/134462563/ but any kind or colour exept white/pink would be great.

- New: Home made soap (I received some pretty awesome pieces in a previous round, but gave most of it away and I still would like some for me). Any natural scent but vanilla.

Yoga pants (size small) or pyjama pants.

- New: I'm starting Aikido again and need a sturdy bag to carry my outfit. Maybe something like this, but in green, natural or retro colours: http://pinterest.com/pin/133189265/

- New: a ' Thundercats' logo stencilled t-shirt for my husband. (size M) It's his b-day at the end of september and this is a big wish.

carved stamps (nature, animals, plants, Japan, craft-related or any theme from my profile)

An I spy bag. (as a gift for a 1,5 year old girl, please gender neutral)

- a long sleeve bolero/shrug in a dark colour. Something like this would be awesome: http://www.wists.com/IdlersDesign/fdf27d12d6e6b3ef93fdb8dd3f12e91a?offset=0

'Future crafter' or 'future gamer' stencilled t-shirt for my son. (size 2T)

New: Or a monster, animal, train, airplane, teapot, fish, balloons, Barbapapa, Pingu or sesame street t-shirt for him.

- New: A pyjama eater like this: http://pinterest.com/pin/110676822/

a lap quilt/lapghan (I love anything made from scraps)

Knitted or crocheted socks (made from scrap yarn would also be great).

Slippers (size EUR 39/USA 8,5/UK 6) there are some examples in my Pinterest, but just simple, easy ones are perect too.

A scoodie, something like this: http://www.wists.com/IdlersDesign/3ef47f0f296d595ed62b27844e474cb6?offset=0 or something crocheted/knitted in green.

- A dragon hoodie for my son (size 2T) like for example this one: http://www.wists.com/IdlersDesign/e2892b6da4b88444bbdf7051c0e55bb5?offset=40

Cloth training pants for my son (he's starting to be interested in the toilet, so I really could use them. We use cloth diapers now.)

- Pottery, especially tea cups, small desert/tea bowls in natural/earth colours or green.

- New: Fingerless gloves/arm warmers. There are some examples on my Pinterest.

- new: For my dad; a pair of fingerless mitts/gloves with fold-back mitt. Any colour as long as they are warm.

- New: For my mom: a lacey shawl in a natural or bright colour.

A t-shirt for my DH size M. (Themes: vegetarian, atheism/darwinism, Dr.Who, Hammer movie, retro games, Bioshock)

Anything you think a frugal/eco-friendly household such as ours should or could use.

Anything from my Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/idlersdesign/

Craft supplies (used is ok!):

- A measuring tape (inches or both inches and cm) as I can only buy cm ones here.
- sock yarn
sewing patterns (for training pants, slippers, wallets, bags, cloths, kids cloths (boys/gender neutral)
craft books/magazines (crochet, papier mach, DIY in general, knitting socks)
Fabric: Japanese/cute/nature theme/kids/animals/designer. Scraps are ok!
- new: cool cake molds
- reclaimed wool
Handspun or any yarn
Yarn scraps & bits for making a 'scrappy' blanket.
Natural dyes I can use for colouring wool.
Wool for spinning (I use a drop spindle)
craft ideas/supplies to do with a toddler
fabric markers/sharpies
(bamboo) crochet hooks
- new:bamboo knitting needles/DPNs
stencils I can use for decorating t-shirts (any of my fav. themes)
Toddler's cloths (size 2T and bigger) that you don't use anymore.
Rotary cutter
Ink pads

Extras
- Herbal or green tea (I never drink black tea)
- Chocolate
- toe socks (difficult to find here and I loooove them)
your favorite recipes for cakes, bread, vegetarian meals.
- A small souvenir from where you live.
pens (different colours, as a teacher I use a lot of them)
- Anything you think a 2 y/o or I will like to play with.

Thank you in advance for claiming me!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011 04:19:20 AM by IdlersDesign » THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011 12:50:15 PM »

I claim IdlersDesign for a journal
Claimed: 2
Sent (in transit): 0
Received: 0
(outstanding claims =2)

Hi, Im Reinikka and I currently live in Southern California with my husband, our "puppy" (2 years old), and new cat. My husband and I both embrace our Finnish heritage and have a strange recurring cow theme in our relationship, so any Finland or cow related items would be great!

I love coffee, sushi, coconut, and my favorite colors are green, purple, and earthy tones. I am not a fan of pink or yellow. I wear a lot of brown and purple with some grey, blue, and occasional dark green thrown in there. If you claim me for anything wearable please check my pintrest and wist for color ideas or feel free to ask me if youre not sure. There are a few things on my list where color/pattern do not matter so dont let this discourage you.  

If you make me something with yarn please use only natural fibers (like cotton and wool). I have no allergies unless you plan on sending me bacon or preserved pork. Oh, and I do not have pierced ears, so no earrings please!

Big Wishes in Bold!

Crafted:

General Crafts/Wishes
~ Anything from/inspired by my pintrest or my wist
~ Anything from/inspired by my crafty wishes pinboard  
~ Coffee themed anything
~ Cow themed anything (preferably for my kitchen)
~ Finland/Finnish themed anything

Sewn Items
~ Bill holder we neeeeed one of these! Our mail gets buried all the time and it would be wonderful to have a way to keep the bills separate so they get payed on time. Im putting this under sewn items but Im really up for any craft as long as it hangs and holds mail (maybe a hoopla?). Would really love if it said Dont forget! or something (other than bills) on it. The space I will hang it is 8 wide.
~ Top/Dress like this
~ Clothes! I would really love a handmade wardrobe, please only claim this if you can make high quality since I will be wearing them often. See my pintrest and wist for some ideas and I will provide measurements (Im usually size medium). Even simple comfy tank-tops would be great!
~ Clothing from/inspired by these pins
~ Wrap pants or p-jama pants, I would love a pair in flannel or something else that is soft and comfy. I will use these to lounge around on lazy days so color/print is not a huge issue, just no yellow please! Wrap pants tutorial
~ Paperless paper towels to help me be more eco friendly (any color/size) Example here (Thanks ChrisSews for claiming these! Im keeping them up because I would love to have a lot and they area also something I want to give to my mom for Xmas)
~ Gibbous inspired bag (strong enough to use often please)
~ Ruffle covered/accented bag (any size)
~ Durable Kindle case (any color, but would especially love purple or something to match my Kindle skin), I have the 6" Display, Latest Generation and can provide measurements.
~ Cover for my sewing machine, does not need to be fancy! Anything would be better then the fabric scrap Im using now
~ Memory board for my craft room
~ Dog toy for our "puppy" aka medium sized dog (he loves fabric toys with squeakers inside)
~ Comfy Kitty Bed. Our kitty is a boy, but I dont think hes picky about color. Blue or green would be nice, but really any color is fine
~ NEW Kitty mug rug for going under his food and water dishes. blues or greens would be nice but any color/theme is fine.
~ Red Riding Hood costume pieces, I wanna be a gothic (slightly Victorian) Red for Halloween so Im looking for:
    Corset top, or similar style? Dark red and black
    Darkish red skirt, bloomers, or something for my lower half (I made a poofy black and white tutu, but I need something to wear under it)
      I have some ideas on this pintrest board, please use them as inspiration, no need to copy  
~ Curtain for a Light House themed bathroom (sewn or embroidered), window is 23 wide x 35 tall. Would love something with lighthouses but sale boats/ocean/sea shells would also be nice (no fishies though).
~ Master Bathroom curtain, window is 23 wide x 35 tall. This bathroom is decorated in light blue, white, and cream.
~ 3rd Bathroom curtain, window is 23 wide x 35 tall. No theme in this bathroom yet, so just about anything goes. My husband loves lighthouses though, so another lighthouse/ocean themed curtain would work well, otherwise something that can go with any later theme.
~ Curtain for my craft room, window is 59 wide x 40 tall. My craft room has a bunch of hippie art right now, but I am open to just about anything (see my pintrest and wist for an idea of my style or PM me)
~ Curtain for the guest room, window is 59 wide x 40 tall. Just about anything goes here, something pleasing to many eyes would be appreciated, but it can reflect our style too. PM me with any questions
~ Curtain for our office/computer room, window is 58 wide x 58 tall. No theme/colors assigned to this room yet, but there is a pirate picture we might hang in here and this room can easily reflect our nerdyness. So pirate themed or gamer themed would be fun.
~ Curtain for our kitchen, window is 47 wide x 46 tall. Kitchen is coffee and cow themed. Curtain does not need to be coffee or cow themed, shades of brown would work
~ Matching curtains for our two small kitchen windows (I still need to measure these, probably about 24 wide by 46 tall). Kitchen is coffee and cow themed. Curtain do not need to be coffee or cow themed, shades of brown would work. I do want both curtains to look the same.

Yarny Items (Natural fibers only please)
~ Comfy slippers to wear around the house, I like the Mary Jane style
~ Fingerless gloves (I live in these almost year round!) I have a few examples in my pintrest. Grey, green, purple, and blue are great color choices (pm me if you have another color idea)
~ Wrist cuffs
~ Wash cloths, any size/color

Any Fibers (Fabric, Yarn, Embroidery, etc)
~ Newsboy style hats
~ Any size tote bag / purse / clutch (I love pockets)
~ Hand towels. Would especially love Coffee or Cow themed but any other color/theme is fine.
~ Rags, any size/shape/color/style, etc. If they can clean a spill then it doesnt matter what they look like. If there is a new technique/style you want to try and need some practice then this is a way to get it!
~ Organization for my craft room (hanging organizers, baskets, boxes, etc), any color goes here but my favs are purple, green, and blue.

Jewelry/Hair Accessories
~ Jewelry and Accessories from/inspired by these pins  
~ Necklaces that can be worn casually for work (maybe a simple chain with pendant? See my pintrest and wist for some ideas)
~ Dragonfly jewelry (no earrings)
~ Old or foreign coin necklace
~ Anklets
~ Hair clips (I only wear one clip at a time, so no need for matching sets)
~ Gothicy barrettes (or headband) to go with my gothic Red Riding Hood Halloween costume, maybe dark red and black bows?

Wall Art (any craft)
~ Art from/inspired by these pins
~ Red Riding Hood inspired art (any interpretation, ultra cute to ultra goth. nothing too gory please, some blood is ok but nothing more than that)
~ Dragonfly art
~ Coffee (mocha, espresso, etc) art
~ NEW Succulent plants art (Jade, Elephant Bush, etc. Plants with big thick leaves are my fav, but no cacti)
~ NEW Skunk art (I think skunks are adorable)

Other Crafts
~ Red Riding Hood costume accessories
      Basket, dark wood, gothic, maybe with a red bow or something?
      Fake food to go in my basket?
      Wine label (Ill provide the bottle unless you really want to), for a poisonous/creepy sounding wine?
~ Etched shot glasses
~ Decoupaged/Painted/Decorated box for storing individual tea bags, must be water resistant. Example  
~ NEW Decorated boxes for storing jewelry, makeup, trinkets, and my fingerless gloves
~ Handmade coffee mugs (safe to drink from)
~ Handmade coffee, coconut, or birthday cake scented candle (I like other scents too, PM me if you have another in mind and Ill let you know. I usually like food/fruity scents, and I usually dont like floral scents.)
~ Teacup Candle (or coffee mug)
~ Halloween Decorations for outside, hang-able or for sticking in the ground (I can attach the sticks), a wreath would be pretty cool, heres what I did last year so you can see the space I have to work with (I would love to hang a bunch of ornament/decorations where the black fabric was last year)  
~ Halloween Decorations to prop/hang in the windows, maybe some chunky houses? Big enough to be noticed please. (I love my hanging bats from gamemom42 but now I want even more Halloween decorations! So Im gonna keep this wish up for a little longer)
~ Joulupukki (Santa in Finnish) Xmas ornament would be awesome!
~ "Hauskaa Joulua" (Merry Christmas in Finnish) Ornament.
~ NEW Hang-able display shelf/shelves/case. for ATCs ans small swapped items
~ NEW ATC album
~ NEW No Soliciting sign (Bonus if its in English and Spanish), Nothing mean/sarcastic, just No Soliciting or No Soliciting Please. Weather proof and hangable/mountable (Ill get the husband to hang/mount it, but it has to be somewhat ready for him to do it) Can be pretty/decorated or simple with just the words

Supplies (used is fine for any of these):
~ Gibbous Fashion Kit, I followed the swap and would love to try making something of my own. So bits of lacey fabric, tulle, random creams, browns, purples and greens, and maybe a vest/tank top/skirt to start me off as a base would be fantastic to help get me started.: Link to swap gallery
~ Red fabric, any type, scraps ok (please at least 6 long by 1 wide)
~ Black fabric, any type, scraps ok (please at least 6 long by 1 wide)
~ Lacey fabric/trim, any color, scraps ok
~ Tule in Red, Black, White, Purple, or Light Blue. Scraps ok (please at least 12 long by 3 wide)
~ Mens button ups for recons (flannel would be awesome)
~ Ribbon, bias tape, rick rack, etc
~ Elastic, any size, scraps ok if at least 8 long
~ This pattern or similar Vintage dress, 1970s
~ Buttons (any color, any kind)
~ Beads for jewelry making (no plastic)
~ Bone Folder
~ Stamp carving supplies (I have the basic carving tool and two carving tips) Would love other carving tips for finer lines and more stamp material (pink rubbery stuff or similar)
~ Paper bits/scraps in any color/design
~ Ephemera and small embellishments for crafting ATCs and art journals (I love metal embellishments)
~ Books/pages with foreign text and/or interesting pictures, quotes, etc. For ATC and other paper crafting.
~ Clear plastic sleeves for ATCs
~ Eyelets 1/8" - 3/16
~ Scrabble Tiles
~ Gears, watch gears, crafting gears, etc
~ Magnet strips, scraps ok if more than 1 long
~ Anything to help me organize my craft room (hanging organizers, baskets, boxes, etc)
~ Sewing magazines (please no quilting magazines)
~ Any book from my crafty Amazon wish list (used is great): Crafty Books (if you have a similar book/magazine you think I'd like please PM me first to make sure I don't have it already)
~ Book about art journaling, techniques, inspiration, etc
~ Watercolor paints (and how to use them)
~ Fine tipped markers (for writing on inchies/ATCs) in any/all colors
~ Paint brushes (any size)
~ Stamps, I have a large collection but can never have enough... Dont be afraid of sending me one I already have, if this happens I will donate it to a local youth/children's class
~ Stencils (for ATCs and Journaling, not wall decorating, so please nothing too large)
~ Small containers for me to experiment with lip balms (Ill even take small clean altoids tins!) I only need a few, lets say 5 max.
~ A sampler box

Extras:
~ Seattle's Best coffee
~ Chocolate covered coffee beans (yum! You would be my friend forever!)
~ Postcards/photographs of Oregon/Washington (or similar green places)
~ Antique keys
~ ATC to add to my collection
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011 08:35:00 AM by kartiana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011 04:27:38 PM »

I claim Kartiana for a mug rug for her kitty

3/0/0

My name is Robin.  I live in Portland, OR (U.S.) and I am a full time PhD student.  I am also the mother of preschooler extraordinaire, Aria Jae.   I love handmade and I love surrounding my child with handmade.  Surprises are always lovelycheck out my pinterest for an idea of my likes, wants, and tastes!  http://pinterest.com/rlynn/

If you decide to craft for me: my favorite colors are blue and green.  I love earthy and jewel tones.   I wear a lot of black and sometimes a bit of grey and every once in a while something red, but mostly I wear black.  I like the look of steampunk and Gibbous jewelry and clothing.

If you decide to craft for Aria: her favorite colors are blue and green as well.  She loves pirates, robots, monsters, rainbows, and elephants.  She also loves the care bears (80s style, before CGI got to them), the 70s animated TV show Godzilla, Ponyo, Batman, Spiderman, and the Hulk (as in the green guy). We dont really do princess stuff around here but we do like fairies, sprites, and gnomes.  I have loads of things I would love for her pinned on my pinterest, including clothing, toys, and accessories.  

Crafts
For Aria
-1/18 scale dollhouse stuff (she has some calico critters; I think that is the appropriate scale)
-skully hat (PM for measurements)
-Fairy/Butterfly wings
-Winter Hat (PM for head measurements)
- tees, tunics, hoodies, pants, or dresses for Aria (4T)
here are a few links to some things i really like but you don't have to make these exact things...I'm including it for inspiration about the types of clothing and fabric/color choices I like.  there are more examples in my pinterest.
pants
hat
more clothing ideas
-Pantaloons (4T)
-altered hoodie (5T)
-appliqued, stenciled, embellished tees, etc... for Aria (4T)
-Batman tee (4T)
-Wall art (her room is mostly blue and green)
-A fabric wall chart for Aria like this fabric chart but maybe with blue and green buttons.  
-Teeny tiny crocheted animals (she has piggies already)
-Something elephant; Aria loves them (anything but please no stuffies unless it teeny and tiny)
-Something galaxy inspired and appropriate for an almost 4 year old; she loves the planets and stars
-rainbow themed whimsy jar
-ATC binder with the clear plastic sleeves (yep, my 3 year old is making and swapping ATCs. Cheesy )

For me
-Jewelry for me (please check out my pinterest for ideas; Im pretty particular about my jewelry.  It doesnt have to be an exact replica but my pinterest will give you a feel for my tastes)
-Fold over yoga band skirts for me (PM for measurements) Here's a tutorial
-bags with sturdy handles as I would like to use them to haul my school stuff to and from campus
Bags I like posted here
-messenger bag or tote bag with stenciled dr. mckay (from Stargate Atlantis) and the quote, "Its a city, not a yo-yo." or "What am I, MacGyver?!  Fix it with what?"
-wool dryer balls
-Fun Magnets
-Handmade buttons
-Laptop cozy (PM for measurements)
-Hoop art (I have some on pinterest)
-Hair pretties (I think I have some on my pinterest but again I like steampunk and gibbous inspired things)
-woodland creature and the forest themed whimsy jar
-Reusable "Paper" Towels (Don't really care what material/color/pattern as long as its absorbent)
- Kitchen wet bag (I would like it to attach to the stove as in the photo and would like some form of waterproof lining please)

For Aria's Fourth Birthday Party
Besides Aria's first birthday party, her traditional Korean dol, I have not made a very big deal out of her birthday.  For her 4th, I'd like to throw her a spectacular Care Bears themed birthday full of rainbows, hearts, and star buddies.  I figured I'd go heavy on the rainbows, hearts, and stars and less so on the Care Bears.  Her birthday is not until the end of March, but knowing me I'll be neck deep in school work and grading papers so I could use all the help I can get.  Cheesy 

-this fabric flower garland but in more rainbow-y colors
-something like this cake topper but with brown hair and eyes and maybe a rainbow heart balloon instead of a kite?
-scrappy ribbon garland...I need six of them (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) about 9 feet each.  These can of course be done in separate claims.
-This delightful felt rainy cloud mobile
-Paper star garland

More to be added as I come up with more ideas; also feel free to check out my pinterest; the board titled party ideas is chock full of rainbow delight.  Cheesy

Craft Supplies

-Fabric from my pinterest or in a similar style
-Any of the craft books from my pinterest
-Thread for my sewing machine (all colors)
-Liquid watercolors
-Tempera paints
-Canvas any size (the kind that is stretched over a wood frame)
-Old ornate frames (can be old and need a new paint job, no glass necessary)
-Double folded Bias tape (all colors and widths)
-45mm or 18mm olfa blades for my rotary cutter
-Air dry clay
-assorted cookie cutters
-watercolor paper
-Gallery style canvas (the kind that is stretched over a wood frame; any size)
-blank ATC cards
-iron on interfacing (all weights)
-muslin (nothing smaller than 1 yard)
-lace appliques (smaller ones are better, nothing bigger than 3 inches)
-glass buttons
-plastic bobbin cards for embroidery floss
-Oliver + S clothing patterns (4T; boy or girl)

Extras
-TEA (I prefer black tea, chai tea, vanilla tea...anything really but the fruity kind)
-Aria loves gold coinsfeel free to add to her loot.  Cheesy
-My partner, Phil, is hard to craft for but his stomach is always a good bet.  He loves bacon (but that might not travel well), chocolate, gummy bears, and pretty much any delish candy.  
-Aria is dressing as Ponyo for Halloween and I cannot find a green bucket that I like...if you see or have one like in this drawing http://www.flickr.com/photos/7609258@N07/3940374820/in/photostream
and want to send it to us...we'll give you the biggest cyberhug ever.
Thanks much!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011 12:37:03 AM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011 01:07:26 PM »

I claim rlynn for Something galaxy inspired for Aria
Claimed: 3
Sent (in transit): 0
Received: 1
(outstanding claims = 2)

Hi, Im Reinikka and I currently live in Southern California with my husband, our "puppy" (2 years old), and new cat. My husband and I both embrace our Finnish heritage and have a strange recurring cow theme in our relationship, so any Finland or cow related items would be great!

I love coffee, sushi, coconut, and my favorite colors are green, purple, and earthy tones. I am not a fan of pink or yellow. I wear a lot of brown and purple with some grey, blue, and occasional dark green thrown in there. If you claim me for anything wearable please check my pintrest and wist for color ideas or feel free to ask me if youre not sure. There are a few things on my list where color/pattern do not matter so dont let this discourage you. 

If you make me something with yarn please use only natural fibers (like cotton and wool). I have no allergies unless you plan on sending me bacon or preserved pork. Oh, and I do not have pierced ears, so no earrings please!

Big Wishes in Bold!

Crafted:

General Crafts/Wishes
~ Anything from/inspired by my pintrest or my wist
~ Anything from/inspired by my crafty wishes pinboard   
~ Coffee themed anything
~ Cow themed anything (preferably for my kitchen)
~ Finland/Finnish themed anything

Sewn Items
~ Bill holder we neeeeed one of these! Our mail gets buried all the time and it would be wonderful to have a way to keep the bills separate so they get payed on time. Im putting this under sewn items but Im really up for any craft as long as it hangs and holds mail (maybe a hoopla?). Would really love if it said Dont forget! or something (other than bills) on it. The space I will hang it is 8 wide.
~ Top/Dress like this
~ Clothes! I would really love a handmade wardrobe, please only claim this if you can make high quality since I will be wearing them often. See my pintrest and wist for some ideas and I will provide measurements (Im usually size medium). Even simple comfy tank-tops would be great!
~ Clothing from/inspired by these pins
~ Wrap pants or p-jama pants, I would love a pair in flannel or something else that is soft and comfy. I will use these to lounge around on lazy days so color/print is not a huge issue, just no yellow please! Wrap pants tutorial
~ Paperless paper towels to help me be more eco friendly (any color/size) Example here (Thanks ChrisSews for claiming these! Im keeping them up because I would love to have a lot and they area also something I want to give to my mom for Xmas)
~ Gibbous inspired bag (strong enough to use often please)
~ Ruffle covered/accented bag (any size)
~ Durable Kindle case (any color, but would especially love purple or something to match my Kindle skin), I have the 6" Display, Latest Generation and can provide measurements.
~ Cover for my sewing machine, does not need to be fancy! Anything would be better then the fabric scrap Im using now
~ Memory board for my craft room
~ Dog toy for our "puppy" aka medium sized dog (he loves fabric toys with squeakers inside)
~ Comfy Kitty Bed. Our kitty is a boy, but I dont think hes picky about color. Blue or green would be nice, but really any color is fine
~ Kitty mug rug for going under his food and water dishes. blues or greens would be nice but any color/theme is fine. (Thanks for claiming me rlynn)
~ Red Riding Hood costume pieces, I wanna be a gothic (slightly Victorian) Red for Halloween so Im looking for:
    Corset top, or similar style? Dark red and black
    Darkish red skirt, bloomers, or something for my lower half (I made a poofy black and white tutu, but I need something to wear under it)
      I have some ideas on this pintrest board, please use them as inspiration, no need to copy 
~ Curtain for a Light House themed bathroom (sewn or embroidered), window is 23 wide x 35 tall. Would love something with lighthouses but sale boats/ocean/sea shells would also be nice (no fishies though).
~ Master Bathroom curtain, window is 23 wide x 35 tall. This bathroom is decorated in light blue, white, and cream.
~ 3rd Bathroom curtain, window is 23 wide x 35 tall. No theme in this bathroom yet, so just about anything goes. My husband loves lighthouses though, so another lighthouse/ocean themed curtain would work well, otherwise something that can go with any later theme.
~ Curtain for my craft room, window is 59 wide x 40 tall. My craft room has a bunch of hippie art right now, but I am open to just about anything (see my pintrest and wist for an idea of my style or PM me)
~ Curtain for the guest room, window is 59 wide x 40 tall. Just about anything goes here, something pleasing to many eyes would be appreciated, but it can reflect our style too. PM me with any questions
~ Curtain for our office/computer room, window is 58 wide x 58 tall. No theme/colors assigned to this room yet, but there is a pirate picture we might hang in here and this room can easily reflect our nerdyness. So pirate themed or gamer themed would be fun.
~ Curtain for our kitchen, window is 47 wide x 46 tall. Kitchen is coffee and cow themed. Curtain does not need to be coffee or cow themed, shades of brown would work
~ Matching curtains for our two small kitchen windows (I still need to measure these, probably about 24 wide by 46 tall). Kitchen is coffee and cow themed. Curtain do not need to be coffee or cow themed, shades of brown would work. I do want both curtains to look the same.

Yarny Items (Natural fibers only please)
~ Comfy slippers to wear around the house, I like the Mary Jane style
~ Fingerless gloves (I live in these almost year round!) I have a few examples in my pintrest. Grey, green, purple, and blue are great color choices (pm me if you have another color idea)
~ Wrist cuffs
~ Wash cloths, any size/color

Any Fibers (Fabric, Yarn, Embroidery, etc)
~ Newsboy style hats
~ Any size tote bag / purse / clutch (I love pockets)
~ Hand towels. Would especially love Coffee or Cow themed but any other color/theme is fine.
~ Rags, any size/shape/color/style, etc. If they can clean a spill then it doesnt matter what they look like. If there is a new technique/style you want to try and need some practice then this is a way to get it!
~ Organization for my craft room (hanging organizers, baskets, boxes, etc), any color goes here but my favs are purple, green, and blue.

Jewelry/Hair Accessories
~ Jewelry and Accessories from/inspired by these pins 
~ Necklaces that can be worn casually for work (maybe a simple chain with pendant? See my pintrest and wist for some ideas)
~ Dragonfly jewelry (no earrings)
~ Old or foreign coin necklace
~ Anklets
~ Hair clips (I only wear one clip at a time, so no need for matching sets)
~ Gothicy barrettes (or headband) to go with my gothic Red Riding Hood Halloween costume, maybe dark red and black bows?

Wall Art (any craft)
~ Art from/inspired by these pins
~ Red Riding Hood inspired art (any interpretation, ultra cute to ultra goth. nothing too gory please, some blood is ok but nothing more than that)
~ Dragonfly art
~ Coffee (mocha, espresso, etc) art
~ Succulent plants (Jade, Elephant Bush, etc. Plants with big thick leaves are my fav, but no cacti)
~ Skunk art (I think skunks are adorable)

Other Crafts
~ Red Riding Hood costume accessories
      Basket, dark wood, gothic, maybe with a red bow or something?
      Fake food to go in my basket?
      Wine label (Ill provide the bottle unless you really want to), for a poisonous/creepy sounding wine?
~ Etched shot glasses
~ Decoupaged/Painted/Decorated box for storing individual tea bags, must be water resistant. Example 
~ Decorated boxes for storing jewelry, makeup, trinkets, and my fingerless gloves
~ Handmade coffee mugs (safe to drink from)
~ Handmade coffee, coconut, or birthday cake scented candle (I like other scents too, PM me if you have another in mind and Ill let you know. I usually like food/fruity scents, and I usually dont like floral scents.)
~ Teacup Candle (or coffee mug)
~ Halloween Decorations for outside, hang-able or for sticking in the ground (I can attach the sticks), a wreath would be pretty cool, heres what I did last year so you can see the space I have to work with (I would love to hang a bunch of ornament/decorations where the black fabric was last year) 
~ Halloween Decorations to prop/hang in the windows, maybe some chunky houses? Big enough to be noticed please. (I love my hanging bats from gamemom42 but now I want even more Halloween decorations! So Im gonna keep this wish up for a little longer)
~ Joulupukki (Santa in Finnish) Xmas ornament would be awesome!
~ "Hauskaa Joulua" (Merry Christmas in Finnish) Ornament.
~ Hang-able display shelf/shelves/case. for ATCs ans small swapped items
~ ATC album
~ No Soliciting sign (Bonus if its in English and Spanish), Nothing mean/sarcastic, just No Soliciting or No Soliciting Please. Weather proof and hangable/mountable (Ill get the husband to hang/mount it, but it has to be somewhat ready for him to do it) Can be pretty/decorated or simple with just the words

Supplies (used is fine for any of these):
~ Gibbous Fashion Kit, I followed the swap and would love to try making something of my own. So bits of lacey fabric, tulle, random creams, browns, purples and greens, and maybe a vest/tank top/skirt to start me off as a base would be fantastic to help get me started.: Link to swap gallery
~ Red fabric, any type, scraps ok (please at least 6 long by 1 wide)
~ Black fabric, any type, scraps ok (please at least 6 long by 1 wide)
~ Lacey fabric/trim, any color, scraps ok
~ Tule in Red, Black, White, Purple, or Light Blue. Scraps ok (please at least 12 long by 3 wide)
~ Mens button ups for recons (flannel would be awesome)
~ Ribbon, bias tape, rick rack, etc
~ Elastic, any size, scraps ok if at least 8 long
~ This pattern or similar Vintage dress, 1970s
~ Buttons (any color, any kind)
~ Beads for jewelry making (no plastic)
~ Bone Folder
~ Stamp carving supplies (I have the basic carving tool and two carving tips) Would love other carving tips for finer lines and more stamp material (pink rubbery stuff or similar)
~ Paper bits/scraps in any color/design
~ Ephemera and small embellishments for crafting ATCs and art journals (I love metal embellishments)
~ Books/pages with foreign text and/or interesting pictures, quotes, etc. For ATC and other paper crafting.
~ Clear plastic sleeves for ATCs
~ Eyelets 1/8" - 3/16
~ Scrabble Tiles
~ Gears, watch gears, crafting gears, etc
~ Magnet strips, scraps ok if more than 1 long
~ Anything to help me organize my craft room (hanging organizers, baskets, boxes, etc)
~ Sewing magazines (please no quilting magazines)
~ Any book from my crafty Amazon wish list (used is great): Crafty Books (if you have a similar book/magazine you think I'd like please PM me first to make sure I don't have it already)
~ Book about art journaling, techniques, inspiration, etc
~ Watercolor paints (and how to use them)
~ Fine tipped markers (for writing on inchies/ATCs) in any/all colors
~ Paint brushes (any size)
~ Stamps, I have a large collection but can never have enough... Dont be afraid of sending me one I already have, if this happens I will donate it to a local youth/children's class
~ Stencils (for ATCs and Journaling, not wall decorating, so please nothing too large)
~ Small containers for me to experiment with lip balms (Ill even take small clean altoids tins!) I only need a few, lets say 5 max.
~ A sampler box

Extras:
~ Seattle's Best coffee
~ Chocolate covered coffee beans (yum! You would be my friend forever!)
~ Postcards/photographs of Oregon/Washington (or similar green places)
~ Antique keys
~ ATC to add to my collection
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
hazelly
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011 02:55:53 PM »

I claim kartiana for fingerless gloves. This is my first claim. (0 sent, 0 received)

Hi, I'm Hazel and I currently live in Kansas. My crafts are knitting and crochet, but I would also like to expand into other fiber/needle crafts and beading.

Themes I like for any wishes that could use a theme: steampunk, books, mythology, dark fairy tales, foreign languages, food, elements, astronomy, yarn

Big wishes are in bold. I like rich deep shades of all colors, and cool (vs warm) colors. PM me if you have any questions!

Crafts:
- cute zombie animals in any craft - I really mean any animal - go crazy!
- anatomically correct internal organs in any craft - for my fiance
- a yarn bowl
- handspun/dyed yarn
- a magic yarn ball
- a knitting needle roll
- needlefelted creatures
- hoopla
- a needle book
- Personality spheres, turrets, or other Portal stuffies (talking would be a gigantic bonus: http://vimeo.com/13664031 )
- an altered puzzle
- book art